Author Topic: Dancing With the Stars Season Six Cast Revealed!  (Read 25101 times)

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
Re: Dancing With the Stars Season Six Cast Revealed!
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2008, 07:55:25 PM »
I didn't appreciate that rosesrred's comment about Priscilla really meant that Priscilla was eliminated last night. I did see most of the actual performances, but missed the Results Show. The judges scoring was:

Kristi 29
Jason 27
Mario 27 he did much better than I thought he had
Marissa 24
Christian 23
Marlee 22
Priscilla 21

The bottom two factoring in audience votes were apparently Priscilla and Christian. Priscilla got the axe.

Gosh apskip neither did I  :'(  who knew my comment early yesterday would come true.  I'm just so darn mad that the stupid DVR didn't record for me.  I wonder if I hadn't made that "slow" comment if it would have been different  :pull

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2008, 09:15:37 PM »
Tonight's show finished with an unjudged group country western dance format. It  was pitiful to watch, reminding me of the worst excesses that I hear about on American Idol(which I don't watch).

The scores of the contestants earlier in the show, when they were judged on a dance of their choice that they had not previously performed, were:

Kristi & Mark: 30
Mario & Karina: 28
Cristian & Cheryl: 27(the judges were way too generous for this mediocre routine)
Marissa & Tony: 26
Jason & Edyta: 24
Shannon & Derek: 24
Marlee & Fabian: 21

It looks like bye-bye Marlee after the Results show.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 06:32:05 AM by apskip »

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2008, 01:40:23 PM »
Poor Marley!  I really felt for her.  Last week and this week were the first times when I could really tell she couldn't hear the music.  Her previous dances, if I didn't know, I would never have been able to tell.

I'm so happy to see Kristi continue to do well, but I keep waiting for Sabrina syndrome to strike her.  She SOOO deserves final 2 right now!

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2008, 02:45:01 PM »
Poor Marley!  I really felt for her.  Last week and this week were the first times when I could really tell she couldn't hear the music.  Her previous dances, if I didn't know, I would never have been able to tell.

I'm so happy to see Kristi continue to do well, but I keep waiting for Sabrina syndrome to strike her.  She SOOO deserves final 2 right now!

:pull I didn't get last nights episode I'm so sad  :'( I love Kristi too but I do feel she has an advantage over the others because of her ice skate dancing she has to know how to hold her body, arms, hands, legs, feet, etc in order to impress the judges on the ice so she does have that advantage over the other dancers but she is amazing. 

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2008, 05:07:02 PM »
It looks like a Final 2 of Kristi vs. Mario based on what we've soon thus far this season. In season 5, the unusual popularity of Marie Osmond, undeserved based on her dancing performance, got her into the Final 3 when Sabrina Bryan had a much better dancing performance claim to it. That shouldn't happen again because there is no other super-popular celebrity to steal it from anybody else. I see the thrid spot as a battle between Jason and Christian. Shannon and Marissa just aren't going to make it that far even though they are both spunky, positive types.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2008, 02:52:21 PM »

:pull I didn't get last nights episode I'm so sad  :'(  I love Kristi too but I do feel she has an advantage over the others because of her ice skate dancing she has to know how to hold her body, arms, hands, legs, feet, etc in order to impress the judges on the ice so she does have that advantage over the other dancers but she is amazing. 
I didn't see the results show either, but am very sad :'( for Marlee.  She tried so hard! Considering not hearing the music, she did purdy dang good!  :tup: Kudos to her for her efforts, and truly putting her heart and soul into it.  :jam:

I love Kristi equally as both a dancer and skater, but I'm afraid the "Sabrina syndrome" will hit her....UNLESS she has a really HUGE fan base.   

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2008, 10:43:24 PM »
OK, I hope everyone voted!  Kristy could be in trouble!!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2008, 01:20:01 AM »
I missed most of the show.  What happened with Kristi?

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2008, 01:59:13 AM »
she got 26 for her Viennese Waltz and 28 for her Cha Cha Cha

scores:

Jason/Edyta = 29,26 = 55
Kristi/Mark = 26,28 = 54
Marissa/Tony = 27,25 = 52
Shannon/Derek = 27,24 = 51
Mario/Karina = 24,27 = 51
Cristian/Cheryl = 25,21 = 46

I think Cristian should go home but you never know, he is the worst dancer left now that Marissa has improved!!

I think based on Dancing Ability (LOL)

1st - Kristi/Mark
2nd - Jason/Edyta
3rd - Mario/Karina
4th - Shannon/Derek or Marissa/Tony
5th - Shannon/Derek or Marissa/Tony
6th - Cristian/Cheryl
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2008, 02:21:40 AM »
I hope Marissa keeps improving & moves to the top.  She's such a  cutie chubby...so bubbley and puts her whole heart into her dancing.  Others also do that, but I'd just like to see a non-traditional person...IOW...a short n' CHUBBY gal win!!  :tup:  :wohoo: 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2008, 02:23:16 AM »
 :ty3: for the Update, Kiwi Jay!

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2008, 03:16:17 AM »
Ok, im a newbie here so bear with me. Im cheering for Jason ;) Tomboy = Football

I do agree that Kristi has had the advantage, she said that wasn't true because that floor is different than her ice skating rink but as someone pointed out she has the upper body moves for one and the 'graceful' thing going on. My sister always picked on Emmit because football players sometime take dance, but sticks up for Kristi.

Anyways my real reason that im here, is there a link to vote?

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2008, 08:35:24 AM »
There is a separate poll thread on this "Other Reality TV Shows and News" group. However, if you mean voting for real then you have to go to www.abc.com and look for Dancing with the Stars.

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2008, 10:10:50 AM »
I do agree that Kristi has had the advantage, she said that wasn't true because that floor is different than her ice skating rink but as someone pointed out she has the upper body moves for one and the 'graceful' thing going on. My sister always picked on Emmit because football players sometime take dance, but sticks up for Kristi.

I absolutely adore Kristi and really want to see her win this (partly because we haven't had a female winner since season1!!!!), but I will concede the point that she does have a bit of an advantage because of her figure skating.  She has beautiful upper body lines, she's used to learning choreography, and working under pressure is nothing new to her.  On the other hand, the skating can also be a liability. 

First, she was never a pairs skater so she's used to working by herself.  If you've ever watched So You Think You Can Dance, they stress on that show how partner work takes time to learn to do well.  I think Kristi has done an outstanding job of partnering with Mark. 

The feet can be a real challenge for her too, because in figure skating, there's no such thing as a pointed toe.  You can't point with those boots on.   And she's also used to working flat footed, keeping her weight toward the center/back of the boot so that she doesn't trip on the toe pick (remember the movie Cutting Edge??  Toe Pick!  :funny:).  In ballroom dancing, flat feet and heel leads are a big no-no.

Finally, in figure skating, her turned in feet (she was born with club foot) aren't such a liability.  The skate blades almost automatically correct her foot position which is one of the reasons she started when she was small.  In ballroom dancing, she often has to turn feet out to be in the correct position and there's no blade to hold her foot the right way. 

So yes, she does have alot of things going for her, but she also has a number of challenges to overcome.

I know she was only in 2nd place last night, but I just don't want one bad week to boot her off the show!

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2008, 10:55:31 AM »

I absolutely adore Kristi and really want to see her win this (partly because we haven't had a female winner since season1!!!!), but I will concede the point that she does have a bit of an advantage because of her figure skating.  She has beautiful upper body lines, she's used to learning choreography, and working under pressure is nothing new to her.  On the other hand, the skating can also be a liability. 

First, she was never a pairs skater so she's used to working by herself.  If you've ever watched So You Think You Can Dance, they stress on that show how partner work takes time to learn to do well.  I think Kristi has done an outstanding job of partnering with Mark. 

The feet can be a real challenge for her too, because in figure skating, there's no such thing as a pointed toe.  You can't point with those boots on.   And she's also used to working flat footed, keeping her weight toward the center/back of the boot so that she doesn't trip on the toe pick (remember the movie Cutting Edge??  Toe Pick!  :funny:).  In ballroom dancing, flat feet and heel leads are a big no-no.

Finally, in figure skating, her turned in feet (she was born with club foot) aren't such a liability.  The skate blades almost automatically correct her foot position which is one of the reasons she started when she was small.  In ballroom dancing, she often has to turn feet out to be in the correct position and there's no blade to hold her foot the right way. 

So yes, she does have alot of things going for her, but she also has a number of challenges to overcome.

I know she was only in 2nd place last night, but I just don't want one bad week to boot her off the show!

I somewhat agree with you because I love Kristi, too but people that have zero training in dancing like some still left, have to work much harder and every new dance is much more of a challenge for them.  They need to remember how to hold their arms, legs, feet, etc on a daily basis and for Kristi well that is a second nature thing to her because she does choreography and dance moves on a daily basis.  She has to dance beautifully on the ice and she has proved she can do that with a gold medal. 

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2008, 02:15:26 PM »
I somewhat agree with you because I love Kristi, too but people that have zero training in dancing like some still left, have to work much harder and every new dance is much more of a challenge for them.  They need to remember how to hold their arms, legs, feet, etc on a daily basis and for Kristi well that is a second nature thing to her because she does choreography and dance moves on a daily basis.  She has to dance beautifully on the ice and she has proved she can do that with a gold medal. 

As I think more about it, I think where the figure skating give Kristi a definate advantage is in the carriage of her body.  She's used to having to be pulled up, head in specific positions, posture perfect, etc.  There have been several celebs with previous dance training in one form or another (Mel B, Sabrina, Mario, Marissa, to name just a few), but it's the fact the Kristi's training is closest matched to the style of ballroom.  Does that make sense?

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2008, 03:44:12 PM »

As I think more about it, I think where the figure skating give Kristi a definate advantage is in the carriage of her body.  She's used to having to be pulled up, head in specific positions, posture perfect, etc.  There have been several celebs with previous dance training in one form or another (Mel B, Sabrina, Mario, Marissa, to name just a few), but it's the fact the Kristi's training is closest matched to the style of ballroom.  Does that make sense?

Oh yes perfect sense and I actually felt the same way about the ones you mention above they have had some training in dance in some way or another and that gives them somewhat of an unfair advantage.  And if Kristy, Mario or Marissa wins that's ok but if someone wins with no prior dancing experience well I'm happier for them because I feel they really accomplished something  ??? 

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2008, 05:51:37 PM »
I just want a woman to finally win this season!  And it looks like Kristy may be our best hope!  It's sure not going to be Shannon!

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2008, 06:20:39 PM »
Well Vanillalatte according to TMZ it might be 2 going tonight (maybe both males? who knows I guess we can only hope  :lol:)

WILL CRISTIAN BE THE ONLY ONE TO GO?

Sources tell TMZ that if Cristian de la Fuente can't continue on "Dancing With the Stars," he might not be the only person to leave the show tonight.

We're hearing there is still no sign of him on the set today and that surgery is "likely." If Cristian withdraws from the show, they still might give the boot to whoever got the lowest vote total -- if it isn't Cristian.

So it's quite possible "DWTS" could send two people packing tonight

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2008, 11:19:39 PM »
Cristian can carry on dancing, Shannon goes home, MARISSA IN THE BOTTOM 2
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2008, 11:06:01 AM »
As bad as I feel for Shannon, I have to agree with her going.  She just wasn't improving at the same rate as the other competitors.  I made my hubby watch Monday's dance performances with me and he couldn't see what the judges were talking about when they said she had alot of hip action.  She did in the obvious spots where all she had to do was stand and "shake it", but otherwise she was very stiff throughout her Latin dance.  Ballroom is more her strength, but she still doesn't quite know what to do with her long limbs.  Remember Stacey Keebler?  Same type of body, incredibly long limbs, but Stacey knew how to extend her legs, hold her arms, finish her positions, etc.  That's something Shannon never quite got the hang of.  I'm sorry to see her go, but it looks like she got her reward....Derrick!   :flirt:

(Ya had to know that Christian would get enough sympathy votes to stay!)

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2008, 11:19:19 AM »

Although I wanted to see her and Derek continue dancing I do believe they did get it right in sending Shannon home she seemed uncomfortable when she danced and the improvement just wasn't going to be there for her!  Darn. 

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2008, 08:38:33 PM »
Hmmmm...interesting night on DWTS.  None of the stars got very good comments on their Latin dances except Christain.  I did agree that Cheryl did an outstanding job of choreographing around his injury, but I still felt like his scores were slightly inflated.  The Latin dance was good but 29?  Nah...

Tonight, I'll actually be splitting my votes for Kristi and Marissa.  I don't usually like to split my votes, but I really want Marissa to stay. 

I know this is going to come across as riteous and a tad silly, but I was a really put off by Jason's costume in the second dance...those were rosary beads around his neck and I was taught growing up (in a STRICT Catholic family) that wearing a rosary like a necklace was incredibly disrespectful.  We were never EVER allowed to let the cross dangle in any way.

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2008, 11:43:39 AM »
Hmmmm...interesting night on DWTS.  None of the stars got very good comments on their Latin dances except Christain.  I did agree that Cheryl did an outstanding job of choreographing around his injury, but I still felt like his scores were slightly inflated.  The Latin dance was good but 29?  Nah...

Tonight, I'll actually be splitting my votes for Kristi and Marissa.  I don't usually like to split my votes, but I really want Marissa to stay. 

I know this is going to come across as riteous and a tad silly, but I was a really put off by Jason's costume in the second dance...those were rosary beads around his neck and I was taught growing up (in a STRICT Catholic family) that wearing a rosary like a necklace was incredibly disrespectful.  We were never EVER allowed to let the cross dangle in any way.

I agree vanillalatte anyone could go home this week, but Christain was given mercy votes and I think with his injury he should go home but for some reason I don't think that's happening.  My picks to stay for sure are Jason and Marissa.  Out of all of them Jason is the one that came completely out of his element with absolutely no dancing experience and is showing quite a bit of improvement so he should go all the way.  Christain has no dancing experience either but he is injured.   Out of the others I think Marissa should go all the way with Jason and they should be the final two. 

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2008, 05:30:24 PM »
Well, my first thought was "you've got to be kidding", rosesrred in your preference for Marissa and Tony and your obvious disdain for the better dancing of Kristi and Mark. However, I guess you can use other factors than pure dancing ability in a dancing ability contest! Let's bring back Marie Osmond!!! Where is she when you need her? Here are the actual scores of each couple, with Cristian and Cheryl surprising in the lead last night and certain to do well with the sympathy vote from the fans even if they were not:

Kristi and Mark 29 Quickstep 26 Samba    55 total
Mario and Karina 27 Waltz 26 Jive            53 total
Marissa and Tony 25 Foxtrot 25 Mambo    50 total Note that this is 10% below Kristi and Mark
Jason and Edyta 29 Tango 23 Samba       52 total
Cristian and Cheryl 29 Foxtrot 28 Mambo 57 total Congratulations for what had to be an extremely gritty perofrmance, with more of that to could from them since Cristian must keep his arm stiff