Author Topic: Autism Group Demands Apology From CBS  (Read 11909 times)

Nuala

Re: Autism Group Demands Apology From CBS
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2008, 05:35:14 PM »
Erika openly talked about doing casting for Survivor so how did she get on the show both times?

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2008, 05:39:52 PM »
Nuala, he said it on the feeds. Robyn Kass (the one who does casting for BB) is the one that contacted him as a recomendation from Alison. And he has done work for her in the past is what he said.

Nuala

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2008, 05:46:59 PM »
That's wild.  I guess anyone can be on the show.  Also this was the season of dirty little secrets.....I've read where he's been busted with drugs and many scams.  Who knows what the truth is?  I don't.  He's kept me entertained for 3 months.  I just think it will all come out in the wash.

Thanks for sharing that with me Mama. 

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2008, 05:53:49 PM »
Yep, he was in prison in Italy? for 3 months for trying to smuggle in diamonds (remember him telling Ryan that story), and he got picked up at the airport somewhere for cocaine.

Hes been open about when BB did his background check (for the above) and then about how he got on the show.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2008, 05:57:32 PM »
I knew about Erika and while that is CBS (Survivor) if he really did work for BB before then he knew alot more than people that come on just from watching the show. Also BB gave him all 8 seasons of Big Brother. So unless someone was a fan that long (which I think Natalie was the only one that watched a few of the seasons), then the only ones the others could buy was seasons 3 & 4 so I think thats kinda crazy they would let him have those.

Nuala

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2008, 05:59:31 PM »
yeah it is....do you think CBS will get more flack?  I think people will still watch BB regardless.  He is good entertainment. 

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2008, 06:05:18 PM »
Yeah, I think it will be fine. What can CBS or anybody do now, kwim.

I think this season in general (and not because it was soulmates and people hated that) they have learned their lesson on casting. I think alot of people were disgusted, I think this is the first season that I have heard them get in trouble for cussing - not just because it happened on a live show imo. It was because they literally had nothing to put on the show, even with editing it would just be all bleeps.

I think (and hope) they crack down on their casting. I realize they have to throw in different personalities and what not but I really wish they would find those people who actually sign up for the show.

Like this season:
Ryan (got on because of Jen)
James (found in a bar)
Adam (obvious)
Jacob (Sharon is the one that tried out and while im sure that helped her get on the show it just kind of irritates me, they can get drama other ways)
Parker, Sheila (found the ad on Craigs List)
Chelsia tried out last year but was asked to do so because last year the theme was enemies and someone put her and her moms name down on the application.

Im sure there are more, im just throwing an example of what im saying out there. Sorry for the rant, I know this is a thread about Adam.

Offline Queenycastle

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2008, 06:14:18 PM »
When Dick was on RP with Janelle he said they were going for an older and more diverse cast for BB10, as per Allison Grodner during an interview she did on Housecalls (which I did not see.)  He added more like BB 3 and 4, I think.  I for one am looking forward to it.

Nuala

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2008, 06:23:50 PM »
What does kwim mean? 

that is funny because every season has women with boobs who show it all at one time or another an older man or woman and some sexy men

when will they have "real" women on there?

Nuala

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2008, 06:28:18 PM »
do you think Adam will apologize tonight?

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2008, 06:29:47 PM »
Adam won't know until after the show is over I assume.

KWIM - Know what I mean.

I have heard a few seasons now were suppose to be 'older' or whatever.

Nuala

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2008, 06:34:41 PM »
thanks momma for telling me what kwim means...i've wondered that for a while now.

have a great night

Offline Queenycastle

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2008, 06:44:59 PM »
Oh really Mama, thats a bummer, the way Dick was talking he was excited about that- so I thought it might actually be true!

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2008, 08:24:27 PM »
I just wonder if they rushed the casting? because it was a winter show and maybe not a lot of people where available.

it appears to me that they were going down the dirty little secret path and then decided to change it mid casting? 

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2008, 09:20:27 PM »
I thought that to, but they did do casting for it, and im sure that TRUE BB fans were around and ready. They also keep files of people that make the cut but don't make it all the way so im sure they could have gotten many personalities from that.

Offline bhazlewood

• RFF Full Member
  • I'll smack you with the SWORD OF MY OPINION
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2008, 07:08:24 PM »
Too bad their web designer doesn't understand Meta Tags.  Right-click on their web page, choose View Source, and you get this...

<title>UNIAF - Help Autism</title>
<META NAME='title' CONTENT='Official Big Brother 9 - Adam Jasinski Fan Website'>

The whole thing is a SCAM, just like the casting for this last season.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2008, 03:08:52 AM »
When they first did the whole thing on their website to be a BB9 Adam fansite or whatever, I thought it was so they could get his fans there to donate money.

Its weird to me, that it still says that if he was 'fired'. Or maybe it IS his website he runs?