Author Topic: Is It Just Me???  (Read 5227 times)

Offline whend

• RFF Sr. Member
Is It Just Me???
« on: February 16, 2008, 11:12:12 PM »
I was wondering if it was just me or do other people wish that they would mix up the BB crew like on Survivor?Yes,I realize they need the sexy aspcect,but I find a wide range of ages/personalities so much more interesting.The bulk of this group seems so generic to me,I can't tell most of them apart.

Offline ItsnotBB9

• RFF Newbie
Re: Is It Just Me???
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 02:46:34 AM »
I agree, it's even more weird that there are a bunch of young sexy people...and then Sheila!  :lol:

Offline kc

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Sunny Day
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 05:25:40 AM »
I am still waiting for a whole cast of the true normal American public,  i would love to see a season of people who are not thin, beautiful or chiseled. well the chiseled part wouldn't be so bad LOL)   Honestly think it would be great to have more people like Adam, or Chicken George on each season.   If you saw chicken George on the street before the snow you would not have given him a second glance but most people learned to love chicken George.    And survivor while they have the equal quaint of beautiful people on the show they also have a large number of the "not in the beautiful category people" also and that show seems to do just fine  So BB10   BRING OUT THE FAT AND UGLY lol

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 08:30:47 PM »
I'm sorry but this season is the worst.  This has got to be the biggest group of self centered individuals. There is not one likeable soul.   :pull

I have tried watching everytime it is on and I end up changing the station soon into the show.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 09:11:55 PM »
I'm sorry but this season is the worst.  This has got to be the biggest group of self centered individuals. There is not one likeable soul.   :pull

I have tried watching everytime it is on and I end up changing the station soon into the show.

I think I'm changing my opinion... If I thought last season was bad, this season is downright awful. I don't mind all of the bickering I see on the show. I just don't like anyone and won't root for anyone to win.

I haven't changed the station. I just flip back and forth between hockey games when there is one on. But I'm thinking that's the same thing -- I have tried watching, but I haven't gotten very interested in the concept of partnering up and playing the game as a couple or whatever. (Man, I don't think I'd ever hear myself say that.)
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 09:19:07 PM »
I'm actually really liking this season so far -- there's enough drama to keep it interesting and because of this new wist we have really no idea what's going to happen. They can break them up, bring people back (which a very reliable spoiler who works for CBS has stated will happen), the show can end fast, take three months ... it's exciting.

Offline whend

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 10:02:44 PM »
I agree,it has been a pretty eventful season so far,I'm watching and interested,I just think you don't have to be a "pretty person"to be an interesting person.Its hard to get behind anyone just yet.So far this group is classified for me into those I can't stand and those I can tolerate.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 10:09:05 PM »
I keep looking for a favorite, wanting to like someone but can't come up with one .. not one single one. I guess I'll have to learn how to love to hate them all :D.

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 03:30:41 PM »
I've decided to stop watching after the c**t comments. That old saying of "garbage in garbage out "couldn't be more true.  I hope parents are aware of the language going on before they let their minor children watch.  Is there an age limit to sign up for these feeds?  If not there should be. 

Offline PirateDavid

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 05:10:19 PM »
I don't know why the producers of Big Brother are so obsessed with "showmances."  Ever since season one, these stupid faux romances have been boring the crap out of me.  They take important time away from what's really important, the back-stabbing and fighting.    For example in season 2, Will Kirby with Shannon... boring.  Will Kirby without Shannon... fantastic.  I've never enjoyed seeing a single stupid "showmance" on the series.   

Offline Playing Games

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 11:16:57 PM »
So far I've enjoyed it, but what gets my goat is all of the HG's except for Sheila are 20 somethings. She and Adam are definately a mismatch. I'm surprised that since they added the couples twist why they didn't opt for more 30 and 40 somethings. JMHO.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 02:51:00 AM »
I'm sorry but this season is the worst.  This has got to be the biggest group of self centered individuals. There is not one likeable soul.   :pull

Yeah all of that, banredbeans. 
I'm not going to waste anymore of my time on it.   

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 09:06:28 AM »
BRbeans and Rudy, it seems to me that Allison Grodner  is determined to make this as salacious as possible and the casting department picked the people they needed to accomplish it. Are they giving the HG's suggestions in the DR for the Showtime hours and extra pay if they do it?

Personally I find some of the HG's actions loony. Why in the world would you think that because a TV show paired you, would the person be your "soul mate?" 

The only thing I'm looking forward to watching is this, if they don't cut the show short they have to bring back people and then the fun begins. All the conniving and back stabbing will be a factor in deciding who really is going to win.  :snicker:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 12:19:00 PM »

Yeah, I know I already quoted this, but I need to add something here...

I spent all of my time upstairs last night. Played a computer game, had a hockey game on the television in my brother's room so I could kind of peek at the score there every once in a while. I didn't bother to get up so I could change the channel. No Big Brother in my house last night.

:ascared

If I'm really bored, I'll check the feed posts. But other than that, I think I'm already done this season. It's been extremely annoying, and I've had enough. CBS has officially pissed me off this winter.

Offline GrandmawLily

• Sho2 BB updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 12:24:09 PM »

I spent all of my time upstairs last night. Played a computer game, had a hockey game on the television in my brother's room so I could kind of peek at the score there every once in a while. I didn't bother to get up so I could change the channel. No Big Brother in my house last night.

If I'm really bored, I'll check the feed posts. But other than that, I think I'm already done this season. It's been extremely annoying, and I've had enough. CBS has officially pissed me off this winter.

I can't get into it either.
It's all such BS.....Jr. high BS at that!

Normally I would tape Idol and watch BB....that didn't happen last night.  I haven't watched an entire episode yet.

I've been reading the feed threads and am so happy with myself for not ordering them this season...I'd be pulling my hair out!!

worst.season.ever

Offline whend

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 12:53:48 PM »
Its not a dull house,but it seems like CBS is getting cheesier and more low class all the time with this show.There's not enough of the subtle strategies and mind games.It does look like they are going out of their way to fill the house with people who have few morals and even less brains.Fights and risque behavior are things that the show needs from time to time,but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.I am watching and will probably continue to do so,there's nothing else on for me,but I'm sure not proud of myself for it! :-[

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 12:27:42 AM »

I can't get into it either.
It's all such BS.....Jr. high BS at that!

Normally I would tape Idol and watch BB....that didn't happen last night.  I haven't watched an entire episode yet.

I've been reading the feed threads and am so happy with myself for not ordering them this season...I'd be pulling my hair out!!

worst.season.ever

It even went as far as me not watching who was evicted from the house tonight.

You are right... It really is junior high bull at its worst. *sigh*

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2008, 11:48:16 AM »
I really believe the reason BB is so off is because of Allison Grodner. If you think about it, wasn't last year sort of lame with America's Player? This year is even worse. Juvenile gossiping, whining and complaining. They don't have fun at all.

I'm looking forward to all of them on slop!  :sucks
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline GrandmawLily

• Sho2 BB updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2008, 03:20:11 PM »
I really believe the reason BB is so off is because of Allison Grodner. If you think about it, wasn't last year sort of lame with America's Player? This year is even worse. Juvenile gossiping, whining and complaining. They don't have fun at all.

I'm looking forward to all of them on slop!  :sucks

TL...why do they have a pool table?  Why does someone have a book?  What did that chick use to "paint" the portrait the other day?

Why are these houseguests given "stuff" to do, or allowed to bring stuff into the house to use?  That's not BB!

I watched SAD last night for the first time this season....Sheila and her lectures....Ryan's partner (is it Alison?) sitting in the sauna picking hairs/skin off of her abs and picking on her toes....why do they have a sauna in the first place??  This whole group is so lame.  Even watching James and Chel making out was uncomfortable, and that was the highlight of the show!

Offline TOPDOG

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 AM »
i turn down the volume on my tv a lot, especially when sheila or natalie start going on and on. also am so tired of everyone using f##k inevery sentence. can't we get people smart enough to speak without cursing?