Author Topic: Post TARA2 Dicussion Thread(Free to comment...The season's over)  (Read 12317 times)

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Post TARA2 Dicussion Thread(Free to comment...The season's over)
« on: February 14, 2008, 06:55:18 AM »
Due to one of our member's request, TARAsia Fan, please do not post until around Saturday.

Quote:

I beg of you guys in Asia to really not post until Saturday morning US Time (Sat. around noon in Asia) because I really don't want to be spoiled for the finale. Even though I have the last episode, I haven't seen it yet because I know what happens due to the posts here. Not mad about it or blaming you guys, it's just my disillusionment with this season. But I do make this one request so I can watch it. Thanks.

Unquote.

Thanks for your cooperation!  :tup: :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 03:12:30 PM by jonnal »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
jonnal, I will say what I have stated most clearly on other threads. Noon Saturday East Coast U.S. is approximately  midnight going into Sunday for the mainland of Asia. It obviously can't also be noon Saturday.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
*looks at wiki*

Boy, were we (most of us) wrong about Thailand  :groan: :lol3:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
jonnal, I will say what I have stated most clearly on other threads. Noon Saturday East Coast U.S. is approximately  midnight going into Sunday for the mainland of Asia. It obviously can't also be noon Saturday.
Ap,

Again, I'm asking for the guys in Asia not to say anything until noon Saturday their time. It would be midnight Saturday here. At 11;59 p.m, Friday, the next minute is midnight Saturday.Taking 11-13 hours difference into account, that would be around noon Saturday in Asia. That's what I've been saying.
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ken, then what you are saying and what the official RFF request from puddin DO NOT MATCH. Get with it! It is not before afternoon Saturday East Coast time U.S. that is the official RFF standard.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Whatever, ap.
Just here to visit.

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Videos are up!
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 09:53:58 PM »
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 12:07:39 AM by jonnal »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Post TARA2 Dicussions(Videos are Up! Fret not!)
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 07:23:40 AM »
Thank you, jonnal for having these videos up so quickly. We all know how important they are.

I found these commercials to be worth seeing:
1. the first one, Collin and Adrian for sony HD Cam
2. the second one, Standad Chartered Bank showing a blind runner with a tethered runner completing a race
3. later, Paula and Natasha
4. later, Standard Chartered Bank with scenes from painting the HIV orphanage and presenting the checks in CapeTown
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 08:21:39 AM by apskip »

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 11:49:05 AM »
Dont read if you dont want to be spoiled.

I just wonder what you guys think of the race overall, I might be bias because Im from Singapore so I would like to know.

Of course its a nice ending for me with Collin & Adrian winning it, but the matter in which they won it was great because it was like a come-from-behind victory or viewed as underdogs right from the start because of Adrian's disability. It turned out suprisingly that it was an advantage as Collin said. They are still humble even though they have won and it seems they know how to differentitate between race and friendships. Of course the only criticism is that they might have not been entertaining/dull which might be justified.

Do they deserve it or do you feel other teams deserved it more?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 01:43:47 AM by jonnal »

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 12:29:55 PM »
I am really pleased that they won. They used their brains in addition to their brawn to race - eg. that early morning train from Prague, and didn't make too many 'dumb' mistakes - however that last one of not holding on to their taxi was lucky not to be a critical one...
Sure, a TV director probably would have liked a bit more drama from them, but I loved the way they just got on with each task in their unassuming way. From some of the jokes M&R made about them always being lost, it sounded like navigating was not their strongest point, but I didn't see too many times when that was critical, and they were always at the front of the pack, so worthy Race winners imo. I did pick A&C early on as a team I would like to win, but by the end I was just wanting 'any team except M&R' - due to a minority of their fan's ott aggressive attitude towards other fans, as much as M&R's own juvenile behaviour.

:tup:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 02:21:23 PM »
Oh guys--this was supposed to be spoiler free till Sat night... :'( :'(  I just came in to get the links....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 03:32:19 PM »
What did I ask? What did I ask? Is this Saturday noon, Asia time?
Just here to visit.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 04:50:22 PM »
Oh guys--this was supposed to be spoiler free till Sat night... :'( :'(  I just came in to get the links....

:-[

Sorry guys, I saw the title on this thread, and thought it was safe to discuss in here, totally forgetting that it was where the videos had been posted :groan:

me bad. :(

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 05:53:15 PM »
I guess we will have to figure out a better system next season, sorry for those that found out the outcome before they watched the episode. I'm not even that interested in watching it anytime soon.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 08:02:55 PM »
Well I started the spoilers for TARA2  but even I got confused as to where you could talk and where you can't, to the point I had to avoid all the threads here at the end.  I was just trying so hard to stay unspoiled for the end and the fret not lulled me into thinking it was safe. 

But  oh well--Google alert prob would have gotten me anyway! :duno:

But next time--I'm nominating  myself  to be in charge of what spoilers go where--and we WILL have a better system because I know it is hard when you AXN folks are dying to talk about it right away too. And this is such a unique situation when one group has the episode significantly before the rest of us.

I'm thinking a location  spoilers only thread that will be safe for us to go into just to spoil the locations, and then some kind of episode discussion thread that is a hot spoiler zone. Maybe a discussion thread that is started post AXN airing but then merges with one after 48 hours for the rest of us? If anybody has ideas let me know and I'll save them till next time.

And a thread JUST for the links that will be totally spoiler safe.

I love TARA and want to make this a great go-to site to discuss it. We had such fun spoiling the locations early on!

But don't worry--I love y'all anyway!  :kuss: :hugs: :kuss: And huge thanks to those of you who helped us be able to see the eps--without y'all we would have been left out of the fun!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2008, 01:09:39 AM »
Yes, its probably a misunderstanding due to confusion and Im sorry too. I started it first I guess.

I thought if I posted the videos early we could have talked about it as soon as possible. But little did I know that it had to be fixed sat noon time to post here in Asia. Yeah, I suggest it be different threads for the videos, the spoilers, the discussion for those who have AXN ones which becomes a thread for everyone after sat noon time, which means those who doesnt want to know has to stay out before sat noon time.

Hopefully you guys wont be too upset about it, especially TARAsia Fan, Sorry!

I personally like to be spoiled first if I dont get to watch the show first b4 watching it at a later time. Its a matter of preference really.

Anyway, thanks for watching TARAsia and hope you will still have a nice time watching it!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 01:43:04 AM by jonnal »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Post TARA2 Dicussion Thread(Free to discuss now!)
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2008, 01:15:44 AM »
Actually jonnal we need to stick to the Sat 9PM  EST please--I think that I am not the only one who didn't want to be spoiled. So if you could leave your title to reflect that please?

We will change it next time but our agreement this time remains Sat 9PM. Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Post TARA2 Dicussion Thread(Free to discuss now!)
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2008, 01:16:20 AM »
Like peach said, thanks for all the info and videos and spoilers that you brought to us, whats done is done, no matter all is good we will do it some other way next season its no ones fault.

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Ok its done, Im fine with it, no problem. Lets move on.

Hopefully there's a TARA3!  :lol:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
If they're casting for a TARA3, then I would think they would start taping around June.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
             Happy Birthday jonnal!

:conf: :conf: :hbday: :party: :hbday: :conf: :conf:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Thanks! But Im still relatively new here so it doesnt have to be in public, you private message was actually good enough!

Anyway its over but actually come to think of it birthdays are not supposed to be about ourselves because its actually our parents who suffered to give us life on that day, especially mothers.  :tup:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Heres what peach requested but as you can see its been buried since then and really who is going to go back to read the rule or even better try to search for a rule before posting, things will be different next season, we'll figure it out like a seperate thread for AXN viewers then one for us in the states that do not want to be spoiled until the show is uploaded somewhere.

Okay guys--heads up! New rule!

We have an unusual situation here in that some of you are able to see the episode before the ones of us here in the US have any way to grab it. So we are going to ask your cooperation in not spoiling the episode for those of us who can't see it immediately. And yes, I spoiled a lot of the episodes and yes this is a spoiler thread but still I like a little surprise! :lol:

So after talking it over with puddin, we are going to try a 48 hour rule to protect the innocent.  :angel:

So until 9PM EST on the Saturday following the Thursday episodes--please use spoiler bars for any "spoilery" info from the latest show--especially who comes in first and who is eliminated.

To do that here --highlight the text that needs spoiler bars-- choose CHANGE COLOR from the drop down box above--and when you get this[ color=black][ /color]  delete black and type in white which essentially makes the post invisible--so say spoilers or something so we don't think it is empty!

After that it will be up to us to stay out of the thread if we haven't seen it--but hopefully that will give us time to find a way to watch each week--so if you have a link--any link--please PM me and I'll distribute it around, okay?

Thanks everybody!! :kissy:

Offline Jetgabriel

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Pamella and Vanessa for the win!
Nice new rule, puddin!

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
jetqabriel, it's by no means a new rule. It's been in effect for almost 3 months. There are several new members, yourself included, who have committed what I consider to be the cardinal sin of not reading the entire threads of Amazing Race Asia before joining into the discussion. You can't toss it off as violating a rule you didn't know. It was a rule you made no effort to find out about despite the fact that puddin sent out a reminder AFTER you did join the discussion. My diatribe is not aimed just at you. There are many others in the same boat with you who did not make that effort either or disregarded what they read.