Author Topic: Your Fired..Week 10  (Read 5666 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Your Fired..Week 10
« on: March 11, 2004, 08:55:04 PM »
Do you all even read this  ???
 :'(

With 3 people left..Protege blows it..

Heidi..Fired!!

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • One day..... I Will Outlast, Outwit & Outplay
Re:Your Fired..Week 10
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 08:59:34 AM »
Unbelieveable! What do you think pUDDIN? I am shocked! I thought it would be Kwame on the chopping block??
Wendy Jean

SURVIVOR 11- HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 09:59:16 AM »
Last week I just knew that if Protege lost Heidi would be the one to go  :D!! It was close....Whew!!..I like Kwame :D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 09:27:57 PM »
March 11, 2004 RECAP~

When Heidi and Kwame walked through the doors of the suite, everyone erupted in cheers. They cheered as much for who hadn't returned as for who had. They were all thrilled that Omarosa was gone. Troy said, "A weight has lifted off our shoulders." Heidi called it a "relief." And Amy, who wasn't even on Omarosa's team, was happy for Protégé. The next morning, Heidi got a chance to get away and see her mother, who was doing well after her cancer surgery. Heidi was very happy to see her mother, but the trip also put things into perspective for her. Heidi said that it reminded her that this competition wasn't the most important thing in her life.

Protégé and Versacorp met Donald in front of the Plaza Hotel. For their next competition, each team would manage one shift of a pedicab company. The pedicabs can fit two passengers and are pulled by a driver on a bicycle. The team that brought in the most money in the eight-hour shift would win. The other team would face Donald in the boardroom. As usual, Carolyn and George would observe the teams as they pedaled along.
Protégé, with Troy as Project Manager, met for a brainstorming session. With each team member contributing to the discussion, they talked about everything from incentive programs, to prepaid ride cards, to making deals with local hotels. Versacorp, with Bill as Project Manager, also had a brainstorming session. However, not everyone seemed to have an equal voice. Katrina's ideas were constantly met with negative reactions or just plain silence. When Amy came up with the idea to sell advertising on the backs of the pedicabs, Bill fawned all over it, and Katrina silently stewed. Bill not only predicted a win, but said that it was going to be a "bloodbath."

Versacorp went out and sold several ads, including one to Marquis Jet - the company the teams had earlier created an advertising campaign for. Finally, Katrina couldn't be silent any longer and had it out with Bill. She said that she resented being used in his sales pitch as one of the attractive girls who would be driving the pedicabs while Bill dismissed everything she said in meetings. Bill told Katrina to get off of her high horse. She used her looks to help her in business and she would use them now to help the team. Katrina ended the conversation by saying that she didn't respect Bill's leadership style. In an interview, Bill said that if Katrina doesn't like how he leads, she should get out of the way.
Protégé started their day with the pedicab drivers. Kwame laid out an incentive program and the drivers seemed to like it. Then, Kwame suited up and jumped on a pedicab himself to earn some extra income as a driver. Troy and Heidi went out to sell prepaid ride cards to businesses. Unfortunately, no one on the team had much luck. After a dismal start to the day, Troy had an epiphany - the team should just have fun. So, he changed clothes, put on his cowboy hat and jumped into the driver's seat of a pedicab. Troy's mood was contagious and he was soon giving rides to customers. Kwame and Heidi even had some success selling prepaid ride tickets to a few people on the street. Things looked like they were turning around for Protégé, until they saw another pedicab glide right by them, sporting a Versacorp flag. As the cab moved away from them, they could see a large ad on the back of it. Protégé was shocked as the realization washed over them: Versacorp had sold advertising on their pedicabs. Protégé was in deep trouble, or as Troy put it, "We were looking up the ass of a dead dog with fleas."

Versacorp ran into problems of its own. Amy and Katrina weren't getting fares as easily as they thought they would. But even worse, some of the advertising signs on the cabs weren't staying on correctly. One even fell off. Bill considered giving the restaurant that bought the fallen sign a partial refund, and sent Nick to talk to the restaurant owner. Nick felt that the team had not come through on their promised advertising and gave the owner back his full $250, which angered Bill.

When the two teams met with Donald in the boardroom, George and Carolyn laid out the numbers. Versacorp had a total profit of $3,680 while Protégé had a profit of just over $382. Even the always cool Trump seemed to do a double-take. The lopsided victory was the direct result of selling advertising. Trump said that Protégé did not think outside the box and took a severe "thumping." As a reward, Versacorp would take a private yacht tour of New York Harbor while Protégé would be taking their own special trip back to the boardroom. Versacorp enjoyed their time aboard the luxurious yacht and Amy and Nick continued their flirtatious yet competitive relationship. Who was in control and who might let their emotions be used against them? It was hard to tell. But one thing was clear: Amy and Nick's relationship was getting even more intense.

With only three team members total on Protégé, Troy was relieved that he didn't have to choose who to bring into the boardroom with him. All three would face Mr. Trump as a united team. In the boardroom, Donald started with Troy since he was the Project Manager. Troy said that they had a great idea with the prepaid ride cards. But Donald wasn't satisfied. The idea couldn't have been that great because Protégé was "beaten badly." Troy admitted that Versacorp had a stroke of genius when they decided to sell advertising. Donald then turned to the others, but they circled the wagons and did a good job of supporting each other. Donald clearly grew tired of this and went for the tough question. He asked Kwame who should be fired. Pressed for an answer, Kwame said Heidi. Heidi said that since Troy was Project Manager, he holds the most responsibility and should go. Troy was ready to answer the question, but instead, Donald asked Troy who should return with him to face the firing. Troy was confused. He thought that they were facing the firing right then. But Donald told Troy to send one person up to the safety of the suite and return with the other to face the firing. As Project Manager, Troy had to pick someone. He hesitated and then chose Heidi. Out in the lobby, Troy and Heidi sat down and waited. Troy tried a little charm and said, "Here we go, girl." Heidi replied with a little charm of her own and called Troy something that you apparently can't say on TV.

In the boardroom, George said that Heidi didn't do much in this task. But he also said that a leader needs to be creative and Troy hadn't been. Carolyn said that Heidi never comes up with ideas and that Heidi had always ridden the coattails of others, so it was time for her to go. When Troy and Heidi came back in, Donald gave each a chance to explain why they should stay. Troy said that he was a born leader. He said that he takes risks and is often chosen as Project Manager by his peers. Heidi said that she is also a leader and that she's feisty, aggressive and can sell. But Donald got Heidi to admit that everyone agrees that Troy is a good leader (even Heidi) and that no one has ever said the same about Heidi. Donald said that Troy had always done pretty well, even when Troy had been on losing teams. On the other hand, Donald said that even though Heidi had been on winning teams, she didn't step up this challenge. Her heart just wasn't in it. And with that, Donald fired Heidi.

Next week, more drama! It's all leading to the 2-Hour LIVE Finale on April 15th

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2004, 12:44:37 AM »
Puddin, I do read this stuff and I appreciate all the postings you have.  I find that I spend a lot more time in the survivor section and then I have to get off before I venture further.  I knew Heidi was going tobe fired when they showed a preview of Carolyn making a comment about not doing much.  But really Kwame doesn't do that well either.  As long as he has his cowboy Troy beside him, then he is okay.  I like to see Amy or Troy get the apprentice job as they are the ones that come up with most of the ideas for their tasks.

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2004, 08:58:43 AM »
I am rooting for Amy and Troy ... OR Nick.....
Wendy Jean

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2004, 06:45:29 PM »
I don't know why i like Kwame? Maybe because he was my first favorite? Thanks for lettin me know that you read these Bathfizzy? I was wondering if I should even post the recaps  ;). :-*

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2004, 09:06:47 AM »
Yes, please post the recaps..... Kwame is ok.... But he doesn't shine like the others when he needs to... kind of like Heidi....
Wendy Jean

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2004, 09:51:57 AM »
Thanks Wendy and Bathfizzy  :-*!!

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2004, 01:12:44 AM »
I think Kwame is smart and he has a quiet way about him.  Maybe that is why he doesn't shine.  He doesn't have a accent like Troy, doesnt drop F-bombs like Heidi, doesn't have Amy's looks, doesn't have Nicks california looks, okay, I am being way too silly here. ;D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2004, 01:43:43 PM »
doesnt drop F-bombs
I LOL at this..Donald was like.."What's a F-Bomb" ;D

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2004, 04:33:18 PM »
yeah- Caroline even laughed about that! And it seems hard to get her to smile at all. :D
Wendy Jean