Author Topic: America's Next Top Model Cycle 10  (Read 23102 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
America's Next Top Model Cycle 10
« on: January 28, 2008, 06:27:39 AM »
America's Next Top Model cycle 10 Premiere's February 20, 2008

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/americas-next-top-model

The competition goes back to where it all started, New York City, for the tenth cycle of The CW’s hit series AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL, as 14 finalists from across the country fight to make their dreams of becoming a top model into reality. Supermodel Paulina Porizkova joins the panel of judges when the season premiere of AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL hits The CW on Wednesday, February 20 (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET).

AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL
CYCLE 10 PARTICIPANTS:

Aimee
Hometown: Spanaway, Washington

Allison
Hometown: Waunakee, Wisconsin

Amy (a.k.a. “Amis”)
Hometown: Bartlesville, Oklahoma

Anya
Hometown: Honolulu, Hawaii
Atalya
Hometown: Brooklyn, New York

Claire
Hometown: New York, New York

Dominique
Hometown: Columbus, Ohio

Fatima
Hometown: Boston, Massachusetts

Katarzyna
Hometown: Roslyn, New York

Kimberly
Hometown: Worcester, Massachusetts

Lauren
Hometown: Brooklyn, New York

Marvita
Hometown: San Francisco, California

Stacy Ann
Hometown: Miami, Florida

Whitney
Hometown: Atlantic Beach, Florida

During this cycle, the 14 participants live together and ferociously vie for the grand prize, competing in a highly accelerated modeling boot camp. The participants’ abilities are tested each week as they strive to master the runway and fashion photo shoots, perfect publicity skills and learn the business aspects of becoming a supermodel, all under 24-hour-a-day surveillance of the AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL cameras. Throughout the series, supermodel Tyra Banks, art director of photo shoots Jay Manuel, and runway guru J. Alexander mentor the participants.

Banks leads the panel of AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL judges, comprised of leading fashion industry experts. Joining the panel this cycle is supermodel Paulina Porizkova, along with returning judges photographer Nigel Barker and runway expert J. Alexander, who closely evaluate the progress of the models to narrow the field each week. In addition, special guest judges appear to critique the participants within his or her area of expertise.

The winner of The CW’s AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL will be managed by Elite Model Management. She also receives a $100,000 contract with cosmetics giant CoverGirl. Finally, the winner will appear on the cover and six-page fashion spread in Seventeen magazine

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: America's Next Top Model Cycle 10
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 01:53:19 PM »
AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL ONE-HOUR SPECIAL

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 6 (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)

"AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL EXPOSED, PART I"

THE BEST OF "AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL" Tyra Banks' hit reality series takes a look back at the show's most inspiring, touching and funny moments with clips from the first nine cycles and commentary from the participants.

Aspiring models from all over the U.S. are asked to demonstrate both inner and outer beauty while mastering complicated catwalks, intense physical fitness, fashion photo shoots, publicity skills and challenges, all under 24-hour-a-day surveillance.

In addition to Tyra, series regulars include Twiggy, Jay Manuel, J. Alexander and Nigel Barker.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 01:56:49 PM »
AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL ONE-HOUR SPECIAL PART II

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 13 (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) 

THE BEST OF "AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL" Tyra Banks' hit reality series takes a look back at the show's most inspiring, touching and funny moments with clips from the first nine cycles and commentary from the participants.

Aspiring models from all over the U.S. are asked to demonstrate both inner and outer beauty while mastering complicated catwalks, intense physical fitness, fashion photo shoots, publicity skills and challenges, all under 24-hour-a-day surveillance.

In addition to Tyra, series regulars include Twiggy, Jay Manuel, J. Alexander and Nigel Barker.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 10:22:05 AM »
AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL ONE-HOUR SPECIAL PART II

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 13 (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) 

DAD GUM IT!! I missed this! I can't wait for the new season though!!  :wohoo:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 12:27:55 PM »
Shoot, I can't tape this because of BB and AI. Does anyone know when they re-air the episodes? I am not finding the schedule.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 12:24:41 AM »

:lol: I'm guilty of the same thing. I missed the show too.

Funny I was home but I forgot it was on.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 12:27:30 AM »
THIS WEEK ON AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

"TOP MODEL MAKEOVERS" 

FORMER SUPERMODEL ELLE MACPHERSON GUEST STARS

Elle Macpherson surprises the girls at a photo shoot

and they model her new lingerie line after getting makeovers.

Tyra decides the look for each girl but not everyone agrees with her decisions.

Meanwhile, tension flares in the house between Fatima and Allison

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 10:06:48 PM »
America's Next Top Model

Tonight, on America’s Next Top Model, the girls receive makeovers as chosen by Tyra herself. Afterwards, special guest Elle MacPherson surprises the girls as a photo shoot, where they model her new line of lingerie. There’s more drama in the top model house as Fatima and Allison get into an argument over racist comments.

The girls kick off the evening with a makeup challenge. They had very little time to throw on some Cover Girl makeup and the winner would have her photo featured in WalMart stores across the country. Though Allison and Whitney did well, the judges ultimately decided to make Claire the winner.

Back at the house, while playing with dolls, Allison made a comment that the black doll should have a bigger behind. She wanted to stuff the jeans to make her look more accurately proportioned. Fatima, naturally, took offense and the two got into an argument about Allison’s offensive comments.

Tyra met up with the girl to give them their surprise makeovers. They sat in chairs, having no idea what they’re going to look like until they see themselves in the mirror. Anya’s hair was dyed platinum blonde and Whitney received long blonde extensions. Aimee dyed her hair red and received bangs. Marvita had a horse mane weave, keeping her hair short on the sides and long from the middle on down.

Lauren received beautiful red highlights. Katarzyna went dark while Claire went very light blonde. Allison’s hair was lightened while Dominique lost some length. Stacey Ann’s hair was completely chopped off. Amis received extensions and blonde highlights while Fatima suffered as her weave was sewn in.

At their photo shoot, the girls were surprised by Elle MacPherson and found out they would be modeling her latest line of lingerie. Fatima and Marvita gave standout performances along with Aimee, Katarzyna, and Claire. Allison worked too hard on her poses in the mirror and didn’t come across as being natural enough. Amis had a hard time following directions and Lauren just looked awkward.

In panel, the judges felt that Dominique was more commercial than high fashion, a comment she took offense to.  Claire needs to learn how to use her eyebrows while softening her mouth, the way Christy Turlington is so good at.  The judges were turned off when they complimented Allison's new look and she didn't thank them.

Tyra surprises everyone by calling Lauren first.  Marvita is called next followed by Aimee, Claire, Stacy Ann, Anya, Katarzyna, and Amis.  Allison and Dominique are left in the bottom two.  Both girls have to learn that they're not perfect and need a little humility. 

Allison is eliminated

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/americas-next-top-model/americas-next-top-model-episod-17312.aspx

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 10:10:29 PM »

I finally caught a rerun tonight of this season, geez I'm behind :lol:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 07:24:45 AM »
Update: America's Next Top Model

The first time Amy "Amis" Jenkins was in the bottom two as an America's Next Top Model tenth-season finalist, she didn't want to be booted because she felt like she had more to prove.

However the second time she found herself there, the 20-year-old waitress from Bartlesville, OK "really felt like it was okay."

"As time goes on in the competition, you feel differently towards things," she told reporters during a Thursday conference call.  "I was starting to just kind of feel over it a little bit -- not in a bad way -- but I felt like I was just this underdog.  I sucked at everything!  Sometimes that motivates people -- but for me -- I don't want to be a loser so sometimes I feel like I just kind of don't even get in the race."

Jenkins became the third contestant eliminated from America's Next Top Model's tenth season during Wednesday night's broadcast of The CW reality series after being criticized by the show's judges for not taking the competition seriously.

Source: http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/amy-amis-jenkins-felt-okay-about-her-top-model-ouster-6727.php

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 03:25:27 AM »
Update: America's Next Top Model

What are you doing now, post-"ANTM"?
I'm just practicing posing. I'm back at home, back to working my normal retail job: I'm a cashier. But I love New York. I plan on moving there and looking for work.

What is your hair doing right now?
My hair is doing a lot that it shouldn't be doing. Right now I still have it in my mohawk. I'm looking forward to changing it really soon: it's going to be completely different. I'm thinking I'm gonna go blond, or I might keep it black, or go blue.

What did you think when Tyra gave you that style to begin with?
When I got the horse mane, I thought "Oh my God, this is a lot of hair. I really look like a horse!" I got called so many names, people were calling me Bret Michaels, My Little Pony, Mullet Wonder.

I'm not sure why Tyra was saying she invented that hairstyle.
She invented it. If she said she did, she did. 

How do you feel about the way you've come off on the show: Do you think it's an accurate portrayal of what you're like in real life?
To tell you the truth, the way I am in real life is just the same way I am on TV. Except that this last episode, I really didn't like it that much. I'm not like that, like when I was saying that I'm too ghetto for this. No.

What did you think about the other girls calling you "ghetto"? Where I come from, that's not a cool thing to say about someone.
It's really not. Fatima said that to me one time on the very first episode, but it never damaged me. Where a person is from is not who they are. I know a lot of people from "the hood" or whatever you want to call it, and they are completely different from what they are surrounded by. I can say that about myself. At one point in time, I was more into where I lived, I was more into my surroundings, I was all hard, but then one day I just said to myself: "I'm cool. I want to do something different with my life. I want to go somewhere. I want to be somebody." I just got up and did it. 

Was the fighting in the house real or were they playing that up?
We did argue and fight a couple of times, but it wasn't really as severe as it was on the show.

Well, then there was the fight where Dominique called Whitney a racist.
Oh that was real! But I was neutral. But Dominique opened her mouth, I was like, "She can talk and do whatever she wants to do -- I'm fine."

It seems like the show encourages girls to discuss any traumatic events from their past: Did the producers ask you to talk about being molested?
When I did last cycle, I mentioned that because I wanted people to really know me and be able to relate to me and to say "I was raped, but I can do anything, I can be anybody. If she can do it, I can do it." That's why it brought tears to my eyes to admit that on national TV last cycle. But I gave that information out myself because I felt somebody might need to know because it might encourage them and make them feel stronger.

Do you think your experience was different from the other girls' since you were on the show once before?
It was really weird for me. Last cycle I was a completely different person, so excited and happy and new and fresh and green, "Oh my gosh, Top Model, this is so cool!" And then I didn't make it and I was a little hurt, but when I got back, I was really confused because I didn't know what the judges really wanted from me. I didn't 't know what to do. I was a little afraid: "Is she going to let me go through this time? Am I not going to make it?" I just thought, "I'm going to try to give it my all."

Did Tyra give you any advice?
Last cycle she told me not to give up and I didn't; I came back. This cycle she said: "Your pictures are beautiful. You should go and do what you want to do."

Are you friends with any of the girls from the show?
I keep in touch with Amis; she's my best friend. I love Amis. We're so tight. In the bonus clips, we're in the house talking about moving in together. She's so cool. 

Did the producers ask you to scream as much as you guys did?
It's all about the edits. When we first got there, we were like "Oh my gosh!" And once they get that edit ... we always looked like we were screaming.  I always looked like I was smiling, and I'm like, "I was not smiling that much!"

Source: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2008/03/americas-next-3.html

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 05:19:47 PM »
Darn I have so much to tivo on Wednesday that ANTM is tivo'd on another tv and when I went upstairs to watch it the Celtics went over their time (11 minutes exactly!!!!!)  and didn't get the end of last nights episode so needless to say I have it tivo'd for the Saturday Night repeat and hopefully can see the end in its entirety!  I know who went home but still want to watch it  (:;)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 06:51:25 PM »
Darn I have so much to tivo on Wednesday that ANTM is tivo'd on another tv and when I went upstairs to watch it the Celtics went over their time (11 minutes exactly!!!!!)  and didn't get the end of last nights episode so needless to say I have it tivo'd for the Saturday Night repeat and hopefully can see the end in its entirety!  I know who went home but still want to watch it  (:;)

:lol3: That's so funny my Wednesdays are full too so I settle for watching on Saturdays when there is nothing else on.

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 10:50:35 PM »

:lol3: That's so funny my Wednesdays are full too so I settle for watching on Saturdays when there is nothing else on.

You crack me up ca bb fan  :lol3: :lol3: So much good TV and so little time to watch all of it.  I usually watch the Saturday episode too.  And then keeping up with all the internet sites, gee how do we do it  :duno:   :lol:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 05:11:00 AM »
Aimee Wright the fifth girl cut from 'America's Next Top Model'

Aimee Wright's inexperience on the runway finally caught up with her, as the 18-year-old hostess from Spanaway.

Aimee became the fifth contestant eliminated from America's Next Top Model's tenth season during last Wednesday's broadcast of The CW reality series.

Source: http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/aimee-wright-fifth-girl-cut-from-america-next-top-model-6799.php

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 01:37:02 PM »
Gee, there aren't many of us watching from here this season, huh?  Is this traditionally not a show folks at RFF watch? 

ANTM is one of my favorite reality shows.  Cheesy, campy, yes!  But it's just so darn much fun.  And the fact that I'm from Fargo, ND (home of ANTM 7 winner Caridee, and only 80 miles from home of ANTM 5 winner Nicole!) my girls and I became addicted cheering for our North Dakota girls! 

I have to say that I'm excited to see the girls in Italy tonight and and so thrilled that we FINALLY have a plus-size girl who made the over-seas trip!  Love Whitney and want to see her in the F3, at least!

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 02:39:55 PM »
Gee, there aren't many of us watching from here this season, huh?  Is this traditionally not a show folks at RFF watch? 

ANTM is one of my favorite reality shows.  Cheesy, campy, yes!  But it's just so darn much fun.  And the fact that I'm from Fargo, ND (home of ANTM 7 winner Caridee, and only 80 miles from home of ANTM 5 winner Nicole!) my girls and I became addicted cheering for our North Dakota girls! 

I have to say that I'm excited to see the girls in Italy tonight and and so thrilled that we FINALLY have a plus-size girl who made the over-seas trip!  Love Whitney and want to see her in the F3, at least!

I know vanillalatte I love, love, love this show it's something my daughter and I can't wait to watch.  Sometimes so much is recording on Wednesday's that I have to record on the repeat night which I think is Saturday.  But we never miss it.  We've watched every cycle and even love the reruns!  ca bb fan is here with us so we can have a good ole time.   I glad you're here  :-*

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 01:07:22 PM »
Well, as much as I loved Lauren's quirky, dark personality (and her awesome photos!) I can completely understand why she was eliminated last night.  I knew she was toast as soon as she started talking about how she's not a Cover Girl and how she had been dreading the CG commercial and shoot.  Ummm....sweetie, do you realized what the PRIZE is for winning ANTM????  So yeah, it was time for her to go.  I think she's be a fabulous print model, though!

I'm also worried about my Whitney!  I see exactly what Tyra and Co. were saying about the fakeness, and I don't think she intended it to be fake, but it just came off that way.  She's really overcompensating for her size.  She needs to just relax and be Whitney!

I have to add here, too, I'm really afraid Anya is going to win.  Every time that girl opens her mouth, I CRINGE!   :lala  Unfortunately, she's really in a front-runner position right now and is getting a winners edit.   :groan:

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2008, 01:55:39 PM »
Well, as much as I loved Lauren's quirky, dark personality (and her awesome photos!) I can completely understand why she was eliminated last night.  I knew she was toast as soon as she started talking about how she's not a Cover Girl and how she had been dreading the CG commercial and shoot.  Ummm....sweetie, do you realized what the PRIZE is for winning ANTM????  So yeah, it was time for her to go.  I think she's be a fabulous print model, though!

I'm also worried about my Whitney!  I see exactly what Tyra and Co. were saying about the fakeness, and I don't think she intended it to be fake, but it just came off that way.  She's really overcompensating for her size.  She needs to just relax and be Whitney!

I have to add here, too, I'm really afraid Anya is going to win.  Every time that girl opens her mouth, I CRINGE!   :lala  Unfortunately, she's really in a front-runner position right now and is getting a winners edit.   :groan:

Oh vanillalatte I agree with everything you just said I could swear you were sitting there with my daughter and me  :lol:  But what you left out was Ms Jay was so darn funny last night we were laughing with tears!!!  :funny: The whole panel was funny and even Katarzyna was laughing in the background when Anya was up but Ms Jay was in rare form! 

We are just hoping Whitney wins because we would like to see a plus size model (oh is an 8 a plus size?) win so young ladies don't think they have to be a 0 or 2 to be acceptable.   

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2008, 05:47:05 PM »
We are just hoping Whitney wins because we would like to see a plus size model (oh is an 8 a plus size?) win so young ladies don't think they have to be a 0 or 2 to be acceptable.   

HERE HERE, rosesrred!  That's exactly why I want her to win!  (And yeah, that is a bit pathetic, isn't it, that they consider a size 8 to be plus???  I'm a 12 and PROUD to wear that size considering a wore a 20 two years ago!  WHITNEY IS HOT!)  It's hard to raise girls (I have two daughters, myself!) to have good body image when one is 12 years old, already wears a 4, and thinks she's overweight.  Honestly, that's one of the reasons I continue to watch this show is Tyra's commitment to help plus size girls into the industry. 

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2008, 05:57:47 PM »

HERE HERE, rosesrred!  That's exactly why I want her to win!  (And yeah, that is a bit pathetic, isn't it, that they consider a size 8 to be plus???  I'm a 12 and PROUD to wear that size considering a wore a 20 two years ago!  WHITNEY IS HOT!)  It's hard to raise girls (I have two daughters, myself!) to have good body image when one is 12 years old, already wears a 4, and thinks she's overweight.  Honestly, that's one of the reasons I continue to watch this show is Tyra's commitment to help plus size girls into the industry. 

Well  :-* to you for losing the weight two years ago that's wonderful and yes I'm a 14 so Whitney would be an inspiration to so many that you can be cute and have curves!  My daughter is also a 4 and when she says her butt looks big in her jeans I tell her you can't be a 4 and big in the same sentence  :lol:  and then I get the ever famous eye roll :res:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2008, 07:01:52 PM »

Gee, there aren't many of us watching from here this season, huh? 

:funny: vanillalatte sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself :hhello:

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2008, 11:43:10 AM »
Well, ca, there are at least 3 of us here now!! So you have someone to talk to!  :yess:

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2008, 12:36:18 PM »
Ok since we are talking and it's only us 3  :lol:  I have a secret cruch on Jay Manuel  :flirt:  Can't help it I just do. :flirt:  :-[ 

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2008, 01:01:53 PM »
Ok since we are talking and it's only us 3  :lol:  I have a secret cruch on Jay Manuel  :flirt:  Can't help it I just do. :flirt:  :-[ 

:lol: my fav is Nigel Barker

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2008, 02:13:15 PM »
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!  I've always thought Jay Manuel was pretty hot, myself....unfortunately, it seems that he plays for the other team!

Nigel....OH YEAH!  Hot Hot HOT!!!!  But soooo married....oh wait...so am I!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2008, 04:38:38 PM »
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!  I've always thought Jay Manuel was pretty hot, myself....unfortunately, it seems that he plays for the other team!

Nigel....OH YEAH!  Hot Hot HOT!!!!  But soooo married....oh wait...so am I!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh for sure Nigel is not only HOT!!!!!!! but he is tremendously SEXY!  Jay Manuel is just so darn CUTE! 

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2008, 09:41:55 PM »

Oh for sure Nigel is not only HOT!!!!!!! but he is tremendously SEXY!  Jay Manuel is just so darn CUTE! 

:funny: You guys are so funny

I know when I get together with my girls we can get pretty out of hand and make a grown man blush  :-[ 

It'a all in good fun  ;)  So when is Tyra going to do an all male Season  :yess: I'm going to email her right now  (:;)

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2008, 05:40:45 PM »
Mmmmmmm.....and all MALE season!    :jumpy:

In the words of Furonda in Season 6 when they did the shoot with the male models...."So much CANNN-DY!"   :primp   :angel:   :-*

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2008, 10:41:09 PM »
Oh and on a side note I watch All My Children and YaYa  DaCosta will be playing a major role starting next week.  If you don't remember her she came in 2nd to Eva Pickford on Cycle # 3.  I'm anxious to see how she does.  If you know All My Children she is Angies adopted daughter. 

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2008, 11:05:28 PM »
Oh, how could anyone forget Yaya!!  In fact, either VH1 or MTV (can't remember off the top of my head) just showed a Cycle 3 marathon tody.  You know, I was never a Yaya fan (I thought Amanda was totally ROBBED that cycle), but she has been one of the more successful ANTM girls.  She's had a few large magazine ad campaigns, has done a couple of movies (was it "Take the Lead", the one she did with Antonio Bandaras), and just recently, I've seen her in two different TV commercial campaigns (one was Olay, and I can't remember the other one).  Good for her that she's now going to do daytime TV!

One of my all time fav girls was Mercedes from Cycle 2.  Remember her as the one who has Lupus.  She recently became one of the Sheer Minerals cosmetics girls. 

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2008, 11:14:03 PM »
Oh, how could anyone forget Yaya!!  In fact, either VH1 or MTV (can't remember off the top of my head) just showed a Cycle 3 marathon tody.  You know, I was never a Yaya fan (I thought Amanda was totally ROBBED that cycle), but she has been one of the more successful ANTM girls.  She's had a few large magazine ad campaigns, has done a couple of movies (was it "Take the Lead", the one she did with Antonio Bandaras), and just recently, I've seen her in two different TV commercial campaigns (one was Olay, and I can't remember the other one).  Good for her that she's now going to do daytime TV!

One of my all time fav girls was Mercedes from Cycle 2.  Remember her as the one who has Lupus.  She recently became one of the Sheer Minerals cosmetics girls. 

I think I saw her on a Target commercial but not sure. 

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2008, 09:57:24 PM »

:groan: oh crap I get interrupted with a phone call and I missed who got booted out   (:;)

and it's the first time I watched the show on the actual day it was aired  :funny:

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2008, 11:11:43 PM »
Do you want me to tell you?????  Highlight between the brackets below if you want to know.

[[ Katarzhena whose name I can't spell and Trya apparently can't pronounce. ]]

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2008, 12:54:25 AM »
Do you want me to tell you?????  Highlight between the brackets below if you want to know.

[[ Katarzhena whose name I can't spell and Trya apparently can't pronounce. ]]

:-* Thank you thank you thank you

:jumpy: yes I want know  :lol: can you imagine watching the whole show and then miss the end  :groan:

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2008, 09:23:12 AM »
:-* Thank you thank you thank you

:jumpy: yes I want know  :lol: can you imagine watching the whole show and then miss the end  :groan:

You're certainly welcome!!!  You know, last week, that happened to me with Dancing with the Stars.  I was watching the results show that I had recorded on my DVR (results shows for DWTS and AI are ONLY watchable via DVR where I can fast-forward through the drek!), got all the way to the end...bottom two couples standing on the stage..."And the couple leaving us tonight is...." <<RECORDED ENDED: WANT TO DELETE?>> 

WHAT?????   :pull  I had to go online to find out that Marlee had been eliminated. 

Anyway, I can't decide how they're editing my girl, Whitney.  One of two things is going to happen...she's either going to pull out a fabulous photo next week and jump to the top of the pack, or she's going to be the one going home.  I don't think there's a happy medium for her anymore now that she's been in the bottom two so many times. 

Personally, I think the idea of being a plus girl (that STILL kills me...8 is NOT plus, people!!) being surrounded by size 0 and 2 is starting to get to her.  I know that she's the one who said she wouldn't lose her spark, but I think, instead of withdrawing like some of the previous plus girls, her insecurity is causing her to over-compensate.  That's where she comes off as fake and her poses in the shoots are looking a bit forced.  Anyway...just my thoughts.

I SOOO want Dominique to go home next week.  If she makes final three, she'll be as bad as Jade in cycle 6.  UGH!  And I do NOT want Anya to win this thing!  I guess that leaves Fatima and my girl Whitney!  Tyra has yet to have one of the African American girls win two season in a row...so I guess that leaves WHITNEY!  Wouldn't that be something!!??  :tup: 

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2008, 10:23:18 PM »

You're certainly welcome!!!  You know, last week, that happened to me with Dancing with the Stars.  I was watching the results show that I had recorded on my DVR (results shows for DWTS and AI are ONLY watchable via DVR where I can fast-forward through the drek!), got all the way to the end...bottom two couples standing on the stage..."And the couple leaving us tonight is...." <<RECORDED ENDED: WANT TO DELETE?>> 

WHAT?????   :pull  I had to go online to find out that Marlee had been eliminated. 

Anyway, I can't decide how they're editing my girl, Whitney.  One of two things is going to happen...she's either going to pull out a fabulous photo next week and jump to the top of the pack, or she's going to be the one going home.  I don't think there's a happy medium for her anymore now that she's been in the bottom two so many times. 

Personally, I think the idea of being a plus girl (that STILL kills me...8 is NOT plus, people!!) being surrounded by size 0 and 2 is starting to get to her.  I know that she's the one who said she wouldn't lose her spark, but I think, instead of withdrawing like some of the previous plus girls, her insecurity is causing her to over-compensate.  That's where she comes off as fake and her poses in the shoots are looking a bit forced.  Anyway...just my thoughts.

I SOOO want Dominique to go home next week.  If she makes final three, she'll be as bad as Jade in cycle 6.  UGH!  And I do NOT want Anya to win this thing!  I guess that leaves Fatima and my girl Whitney!  Tyra has yet to have one of the African American girls win two season in a row...so I guess that leaves WHITNEY!  Wouldn't that be something!!??  :tup: 

:lol: It's the worst missing the ending.

I just watched a rerun of the show so I was able to see Tyra's comments.

It's really hard to say what will happen with Whitney. Usually I pick a fav to win and she never does so I don't know how it will end.

I saw the preview for next week :faint: Nigel Barker will be the photographer  :jumpy:

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2008, 11:12:51 PM »
quote from ca bb fan "I saw the preview for next week  :faint: Nigel Barker will be the photographer"  :jumpy:

Lucky for us extra Nigel time  :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2008, 11:44:32 PM »
quote from ca bb fan "I saw the preview for next week  :faint: Nigel Barker will be the photographer"  :jumpy:

Heeeeey  :meow: you guys never told me Nigel was going to be on next week I missed the ending so I never saw that  :funny:

Next week I'm taking my phone off the hook  :lol:

Cool pic's rosesrred  :tup:

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2008, 12:20:08 AM »

Heeeeey  :meow: you guys never told me Nigel was going to be on next week I missed the ending so I never saw that  :funny:

Next week I'm taking my phone off the hook  :lol:

Cool pic's rosesrred  :tup:

Thank you,

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2008, 12:29:21 AM »

Oh get out, you made that for me  :kuss: I love it :jumpy:

Thank you so much  :hugs:

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2008, 11:18:06 AM »

Oh get out, you made that for me  :kuss: I love it :jumpy:

Thank you so much  :hugs:

Your welcome  :roses:

« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 01:24:54 PM by rosesrred »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2008, 03:51:48 AM »

:hugs: awww thanks I have it saved in my photobucket

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2008, 05:15:06 PM »
 :jumpy: I can't wait for tonight's episode with Nigel Barker as the photographer  :popcorn:

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2008, 05:36:52 PM »
:jumpy: I can't wait for tonight's episode with Nigel Barker as the photographer  :popcorn:

Neither can I  :jumpy: and thank you for the pic sorry I know Jay Manuel is openly gay but he looks very good in that pic!!!  And Nigel of course speaks for himself!  Love, love, love that show!

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2008, 06:01:00 PM »
WAHOOOOOOO for ANTM tonight and HOOOOOORRRRAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY for the Nigel photoshoot! 

By the way, girls...want spoilers????  I got GOOD ones!  Just let me know and I'll post them in white tags so no one who doesn't want to know won't see them.

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2008, 06:04:48 PM »
WAHOOOOOOO for ANTM tonight and HOOOOOORRRRAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY for the Nigel photoshoot! 

By the way, girls...want spoilers????  I got GOOD ones!  Just let me know and I'll post them in white tags so no one who doesn't want to know won't see them.

Oh yes do tell!! Please!!!

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2008, 06:09:07 PM »
DO NOT QUOTE THIS POST OR THE SPOILER TAGS WILL NO LONGER WORK!!!

OK, this comes from babycakes over at TWOP.  Babycakes has correctly spoiled every elimination thus far this season:

Highlight between the [[ ]] below to see the text.
[[Dominique is elminated tonight and WHITNEY is the WINNER!!!!!]]

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2008, 06:29:07 PM »

:jumpy: vanillalatte you are a blessing  :wohoo:

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2008, 08:21:12 PM »

:jumpy: vanillalatte you are a blessing  :wohoo:

Yeah!  I'm pretty psyched!!!     :conf: :party: :conf:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2008, 10:34:04 PM »
Yeah!  I'm pretty psyched!!!     :conf: :party: :conf:

Well your girl was right Dominique was eliminated in this episode  :tup:

Okay I didn't get enough of Barker a jacket and jeans I wanted to see some muscle :angel: okay I'm bad  :funny:

« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 06:49:40 AM by ca bb fan »

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2008, 11:16:58 PM »
vanillalatte you are great!  This is for you

I haven't seen the show yet but I hope what you put down was right... oh do i hope it's right!

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2008, 11:05:24 AM »
AWWWW!!!  Thanks for the latte, rosesrred!  I've been trying to decide what to use as my avatar...I guess I have one now!  Courtesy of YOUUUUU!!!!  :hugs:

I hope she's right, too.  Every week, she's posted the next girl eliminated a couple days before the show and has been spot on every week.  She's been very careful to protect her source, but it seems to be a good one!

You know, I was a little frustrated FOR the girls last night in the photo shoot.  I don't think Jay and Nigel did a great job of communicating what they wanted.  It wasn't until AFTER I saw the photos that I kinda figured out what they were trying to go for, and how the girls could have done more with them.  But I really couldn't blame the girls on set, the direction they were being given was not very clear. 

Incidentally, did you see the tides starting to turn against Anya last night?  I thought it was very interesting how suddenly the girl who could do no wrong was finally being criticized.  (A little editing trick to forshadow the end result next week???) She "lucked" into her shot.  Nigel and Jay weren't happy with how she performed on set.  Paulina's feedback was about her lack of focus.  She lost her second challenge in a row.   Hmmmmm....

Oh, I'm SOOOO looking forward to next week!!

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2008, 07:48:38 PM »
AWWWW!!!  Thanks for the latte, rosesrred!  I've been trying to decide what to use as my avatar...I guess I have one now!  Courtesy of YOUUUUU!!!!  :hugs:

I hope she's right, too.  Every week, she's posted the next girl eliminated a couple days before the show and has been spot on every week.  She's been very careful to protect her source, but it seems to be a good one!

You know, I was a little frustrated FOR the girls last night in the photo shoot.  I don't think Jay and Nigel did a great job of communicating what they wanted.  It wasn't until AFTER I saw the photos that I kinda figured out what they were trying to go for, and how the girls could have done more with them.  But I really couldn't blame the girls on set, the direction they were being given was not very clear. 

Incidentally, did you see the tides starting to turn against Anya last night?  I thought it was very interesting how suddenly the girl who could do no wrong was finally being criticized.  (A little editing trick to forshadow the end result next week???) She "lucked" into her shot.  Nigel and Jay weren't happy with how she performed on set.  Paulina's feedback was about her lack of focus.  She lost her second challenge in a row.   Hmmmmm....

Oh, I'm SOOOO looking forward to next week!!

You are so very welcome vanillalatte (I, too, love lattes non-fat w/extra foam)

I was so glad to see Dominque get the :boot:  now if I had my way Fatima would go next for no other reason than she just bugs me as does Anya everytime she opens her mouth! 

But I agree with you on the Jay and Niles shoot I couldn't make head or tails out of what they wanted from the girls.  The pictures came out pretty good even for the lack of direction they were getting.  I didn't like Dominque's or Anya's (her nose comes across bigger in pictures) Oh well that is my rant for the day (at least for this thread  :lol:)

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2008, 11:27:55 AM »
So this is it!!  Tonight's the night!  :jumpy:  I can't wait! 

I have to take my DD to the library to get some stuff for a research project but I told her we absolutely MUST be back before ANTM starts!  (Mom has her priorities!)

It's really quite funny watching the boards at TWOP.  Every week people wait with baited breath for babycakes to post her spoiler, and now that she posted it so far in advance, no one wants to believe it.  There have been two or three other spoilers posted saying that [[Anya]] wins, but none are from very reliable sources.  I, personally, still believe babycakes, but I suppose anything could happen. 

Anyway, here's something to tide you over until tonight! 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2882CisI70" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2882CisI70</a>

I have trouble getting the Flash stuff to work, so in case that's not working, here's the direct link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2882CisI70

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2008, 11:52:00 AM »
So this is it!!  Tonight's the night!  :jumpy:  I can't wait! 

I have to take my DD to the library to get some stuff for a research project but I told her we absolutely MUST be back before ANTM starts!  (Mom has her priorities!)

It's really quite funny watching the boards at TWOP.  Every week people wait with baited breath for babycakes to post her spoiler, and now that she posted it so far in advance, no one wants to believe it.  There have been two or three other spoilers posted saying that [[Anya]] wins, but none are from very reliable sources.  I, personally, still believe babycakes, but I suppose anything could happen. 

Anyway, here's something to tide you over until tonight! 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2882CisI70" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2882CisI70</a>

I have trouble getting the Flash stuff to work, so in case that's not working, here's the direct link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2882CisI70

We can only pray that it goes our way and the other spoilers are WRONG!!!!  I have to be home to watch it tonight because my dvr is acting up yet again and recording black screens so I have to make sure I get tonights episode and the only way I can do that is be here for it :pull  I can't wait!!!!!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2008, 08:14:28 PM »
 :jumpy: wow vanilla and roses what a great finale  :yess:

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2008, 09:23:21 PM »
 :party: :dance: :piano: }^{ :pickle: :yikes :nana :happy: :bounce :jumpy: :wohoo:

HOOOOOORRRRRAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for Whitney!  And it was so awesome to watch with my girls!  My 12 year old was so excited and the first thing out of her mouth was about not having to be a size 2 to model...

THANK YOU TYRA!  AND CONGRATULATIONS WHITNEY!!!!

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2008, 09:14:48 PM »
I still haven't watched the show  :'( my daughter had a senior project due today and it was down to the wire and I had to help her and not only that if she was working her butt off on the project and then studying for her govt test and I was watching ANTM she would have been sooooo sad so I still haven't seen it.  Tonight is Grad nite at Disneyland (Seniors stay the night at Disneyland from 9:00pm to tomorrow morning) and I still have to wait until she gets home tomorrow morning to watch it with her.  Although I do know our girl Whitney wins  :jumpy: :yess: turned on the CW news this morn and they announce it before I could mute!!!!  I'm so excited for her! 

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2008, 09:32:13 PM »
Oh, wow, roses!  Congrats on having a grad in your family!  That's awesome!  I've only been to Disneyland once, but spending the night there would be so much fun!!

Yes, it really was an amazing episode.  The final deliberation had me really wondering if the spoilers were true.  Just wait until you watch and tell me if you agree, but it really sounded like they could have gone either way.  I think if they could have named two winners, they would have.

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2008, 11:19:57 PM »
Oh, wow, roses!  Congrats on having a grad in your family!  That's awesome!  I've only been to Disneyland once, but spending the night there would be so much fun!!

Yes, it really was an amazing episode.  The final deliberation had me really wondering if the spoilers were true.  Just wait until you watch and tell me if you agree, but it really sounded like they could have gone either way.  I think if they could have named two winners, they would have.

vanillalatte i'm not sure if you watched BB when Danielle was on but she reminded me of my daughter in the sense that I didn't think anyone loved Disneyland more than my daughter and low and behold I found her equal.  My daughter has to go every year for her birthday and usually 1 or 2 more times.  I grew up here in So cal so I've been so many times I know the place by heart even where the bathrooms are.  :lol:  It's funny when Extreme Makeover is on and they send the family to Disneyland we realize how very lucky we are to have Disneyland in our backyard because they are so excited to go see it and we (my hubby and I) just take it for granted.  I hope you enjoyed your trip there cuz it is the happiest place on earth - just ask my daughter  ;)