The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Bertram van Munster

<< < (4/4)

Pedaler:
You're right, Puddin.

I'm not a director but I would be very surprised if the Hong Kong episode won.  It was so lame compared to the Macau one.  The Kung Fu fighting and knocking down doors is award winning stuff? Yuck! Plus, IIRC the teams didn't interact much as they finished pretty much in the same order as they arrived in Hong Kong.

While in Macau, you had the great Macau Tower stuff.  I still remember the previews of Charla running along the top of the tower.  Super photography.  Then you had the sneaky scheming with Oswald & Danny getting money from the BQs to yield Eric & Danielle.  Which of course gave them such bad karma they dropped to last in the leg.  And as I wrote before, Kandace and the pole  :-[
IMHO Macao was the vastly superior episode.

As you said, I wish the press releases were clearer.  I'd e-mail World Race Productions if I had their address.

apskip:
Pedaler,

As you point out, the ambiguity was created in somebody's numbering system with the 2 Poland pitstops. Here are RFF we counted them as separate episodes(which they are) and went up to 13 total  for AR11. that makes episode 10 Hong Kong, which was a fine episode and in my opinion better than Macau. The question is which one was nominated by the Directors Guild of America; what counting system did they use?

TARAsia Fan:

--- Quote from: puddin on January 28, 2008, 07:28:46 PM ---Look BVM was a no show ............I hope he's busy scouting season 13.

60th Annual DGA Awards - Press Room
LOS ANGELES, CA - JANUARY 26: Actress Anna Paquin poses with Bertram van Munster's Outstanding Directorial Achievement Reality Programs Award in the press room during the 60th annual DGA Awards held at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel on January 26, 2008 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Toby Canham/Getty Images)

--- End quote ---
Anna looks rather lovely. She's come a long way from "The Pianist".

apskip:
I've been checking additional sources. The best I can find so far states that 1110 is Kung Fu Warriors in HONG KONG.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version