Author Topic: Fantasy Survivor Game...Tribe ReFaForu *maybe spoilers*  (Read 78768 times)

Offline CHGE07

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: Fantasy Survivor Game...Tribe ReFaForu *maybe spoilers*
« Reply #150 on: March 18, 2008, 12:02:14 AM »
Wait they are also saying Jason figured out that the idol was a fake. When did that happen cause I must have missed it.

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #151 on: March 18, 2008, 12:35:45 AM »

1 peach                155        96      147      151      189        86        824
2 surviiivor1         175        73      143      151      154        69        765
3 jonnal                 75      104      168      166      137        87        737
4 TheCinera         167        82      135        92      182        75        733
5 cinni                  115      105      138        80      184        86        708
6 reality junkee      55        NP     168      164      199        87        673
7 Puller                   55     100      162      100      193        60        670
8 shanghilill          145       81        75      124      154        87        666
9 dustigenes          NP       90      137      108      149      119        603
10 Bluebeard         70      122       90        87       183        50        602
11 salterpath         42        74       84      129      173         87        589
12 AlexisRawks       X          X       150     127      183         86        546
13 wolfrider            NP       75      166       67        NP         83        391
14 Rilyn                   X          X         X         87      182         50        319
15 Rudaaay            55        X         X          X        171         60        286
16 CHGE07              X         X         X          X        201         84        285
17 LuvRupert          46        X         X          X       163          50        259

Tribe Score          96.2     91.1   135.6   116.6     174.8     76.8      691.1
Tribe Rank             6          6          2          4            2          7            4
Total Tribes         278       270    268       256        255       251       296

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #152 on: March 18, 2008, 01:03:29 AM »
Wow the scoring is pretty unfair and hence the low scores, I wonder whether we should appeal? :pull (:;)

Only dustigenes did well in our tribe, well done!

Top 5 tribes:

1 Yau-Maniacs 171.3 135.6 107.9 120.9 178.3 83.1 797.1   
2 Jonathan'sRevenge 91.2 137.5 128.6 128.2 154.9 91.4 731.8   
3 Team HoBgoblin 124.6 63.3 143.5 138.1 170.1 90.8 730.4   
4 ReFaForu 96.2 91.1 135.6 116.6 174.8 76.8 691.1   
5 MESSY-China 120.2 129.4 131.5 97.2 131.5 77.1 686.9

Low scoring week for most, wonder if others appealed too?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 01:11:12 AM by jonnal »

Offline salterpath

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #153 on: March 18, 2008, 06:58:33 AM »
Artie has addressed his answers on the FS forum message board and there is an excellent responce,
http://www.flicksnshows.com/showthread.php?t=55476

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #154 on: March 18, 2008, 09:35:14 AM »
Hi salterpath! Nice to finally get to meet you in person! :waves:

Thanks so much for sharing that--I'll be interested to see how he responds. I think the first one is a fine line--did Jonathan have any choice? I actually thought when I first watched that the scene with the medic/doc showed that the medic WAS leaving it up to him--but clearly later in the episode both he and Jeff said the docs made the decision.

And Jason did not realize the idol was fake, IMO, so we'll see?

And Oh btw dustigenes--good job! Top of the heap and top 50 overall!! Maybe you don't want those PM's after all! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: March 18, 2008, 11:38:22 AM »
Think I'll do an appeal on behalf of us in that thread. See if it works at all or not.

Offline CHGE07

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #156 on: March 18, 2008, 09:27:51 PM »
I read what is going on over there and Artie seems determined to be wrong. I just started playing but if the scoring is going to be complete BS I won't be playing after this season.  (:;)

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #157 on: March 19, 2008, 01:04:13 AM »
Yup, its like extremely unfair, hes like drunken with power and we cant doing anything. I already tried with my real name Alan over there, together with some others bashing him, he seems to want this controversy. He wants to shake the game up by going against the majority. :pull

Basically with the rules he moved the goalpost. :jam:

The positive thing with the points is that many got it wrong too so we're pretty fair actually but its all about the integrity of the game as people said over there. (:;)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #158 on: March 19, 2008, 02:02:05 AM »
Yeh, at least most of us are all in the same boat scorewise, but it's the principal of the whole thing that gets me stirred up!! 
Artie should either quit or get his act together.

Offline CHGE07

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #159 on: March 19, 2008, 02:20:25 AM »
Artie seems to be a bit of an ass. He posts these 9 foot long rants and all he's basically saying is "Screw you, this is my game". B:)

We may as well just move forward, his mind seems to be made up.   :groan:

EDIT--
I may have let my temper and frustration get the better of me here. I didn't want to erase this because I did say it but I would like to apologize to everyone.  :angel:
I will try to keep the game in perspective, notice I said try! :lol3:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 07:29:52 PM by CHGE07 »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #160 on: March 19, 2008, 02:29:18 AM »
Artie has addressed his answers on the FS forum message board and there is an excellent responce,
http://www.flicksnshows.com/showthread.php?t=55476
Thanks for the link, salterpath, and also...nice to meet you and have you post! :)

Hey Team, if you haven't already done so, hit the link above and read those posts at Flicksnshows (the Fantasy Survivor message board).  ESPECIALLY read the last post on that page by Angelgrl14.  She REALLY hits the nail on the head!  :jam:

« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 02:36:45 AM by RudyRules »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #161 on: March 19, 2008, 02:46:13 AM »
Artie seems to be a bit of an ass. He posts these 9 foot long rants and all he's basically saying is "Screw you, this is my game". B:)

We may as well just move forward, his mind seems to be made up.   :groan:
Yep.  You got it right, CHGE07. 

This season we should do as you suggest...move forward.  But we should seek another option before next season.
I wish a qualified, fair person would start a game similar to FS...

Offline CHGE07

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #162 on: March 19, 2008, 02:51:08 AM »
We really need to look into that. I would love to do it but I am not sure how qualified I am. :lol:

There's a FantasySurvivor.net site I play at but the questions are pretty much the same. They don't go into detail but they have the scores up within the hour after the show and the next questions up that same night! I like this game because its more challanging. But now its becoming more of a pain in the ass! :pull

Offline ArtieMcD

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #163 on: March 19, 2008, 04:36:36 AM »
ReFaForu,

If you guys really dislike the game, or our current ability to support the game doesnt meet your needs...
I have to recommend you stop playing it.
Really it is not worth the time and effort on your part and it really makes no sense continuing with a service your not happy with.
Personally, I don't mind whatever you decide to do...    The game will continue for anyone who wishes to play.
But, frankly I cannot remember the last time I ran the game for a week where there wasn't at least one complaint on this forum regarding my performance.
I cannot for the life of me imagine why many of you have choosen to continue with our game.

Really, it's ok...
Artie

Offline CHGE07

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #164 on: March 19, 2008, 05:06:28 AM »
Well slap my ass and call me Sally!  :lol3:

We got spanked!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 06:03:57 AM by CHGE07 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #165 on: March 19, 2008, 05:34:06 AM »
You know,  we don't tolerate rudeness to our posters or each other on this forum,  and I find it very upsetting that we have been rude to someone who has given us a lot of enjoyment with his game, and clearly spends a lot of time making it fun and challenging for all of us.

Many of us love the game for the challenge and the competition, and how it makes us watch the game all that more closely.

He has a very valid point that if any of us don't like the game or the questions or the time the questions are posted, any of us are free to stop playing at any time. That is certainly a personal choice.

And open and forthright debate and discussion and opinions are always welcomed here.

But speaking only for myself, I feel quite badly for the impression that this tribe has clearly given Artie. I am so sorry that we have caused unhappiness to someone who has given all of us so many hours of fun.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline CHGE07

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #166 on: March 19, 2008, 05:37:49 AM »
Peach the questions just went up. I don't know who he's talking about from here that has said something over there. I don't know everyone's names yet though.
As I said earlier lets just move forward. Good luck everyone.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #167 on: March 19, 2008, 05:58:10 AM »
Questions:

This week's episode title is, "Like a Wide-Eyed Kid in the Candy Store". If this phrase is mentioned during this episode, which Survivor is the Wide-Eyed Kid suggested by this comment? (35 points)   Airai Alexis Erik Jason Kathleen Natalie Tracy Malakal Amanda Ami Cirie Eliza James Ozzy Parvati 

Who does Ami cast her vote for this episode? (25 points)   A fan A favorite No One 

The Survivor previews suggest, "One of the Survivor Favorites takes an eager Fan under his wing, causing others to worry about this new bond." Who is the first Survivor to express concern regarding this new bond? (40 points)   Airai Alexis Erik Jason Kathleen Natalie Tracy Malakal Amanda Ami Cirie Eliza James Ozzy Parvati 

In the reward challenge which Tribe will be the first to pass their rai stone though the first marker on the course? (15 points)   Airai Malakal 

When does Kathy have her first breakdown? (30 points)   Never Before the first challenge At exile island Between challenges but not at exile island After immunity challenge 

Actions:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #168 on: March 19, 2008, 06:20:44 AM »
Artie posted this at his forum:

To be honest, if some players feel it is best for them to quit their game of Fantasy Survivor due to a decision I had to make in this game, then by all means, I can only recommend [sic] the player go ahead and discontinue playing the game. There are plenty of variations of Survivor Pick-em games available on the web today giving all Survivor fans interested in a pick-em game plenty of choices of game styles which they should find enjoyable.

For anyone who is reading this that decides that they wish to continue playing Fantasy Survivor, let’s be clear on one thing: I am not infallible. I will ask questions in the future that have ambiguous results. I will ask questions without the benefit of having seen the episode in advance. I will from time to time ask a question that must be thrown out or fail to include a choice for an answer that is obvious to everyone at the conclusion of the episode. There will be a question in the future where I may disagree with your conclusion as to what the correct answer(s) for a question should be. These are all things we must accept from a Survivor game who’s goal is to be more than a typical pick-em game. We go out of our way to ensure this game is fresh every week, asking a balance of questions that directly pertain to the current story line, as well as questions that are challenging enough where players simply cannot simply refer to a spoiler site to look up what the answers should be. We wanted to differentiate our game from many others by ensuring our game is not simply a repeat from week to week where the same (boot, immunity, exile, wins challenge) questions are asked over and over. If the sound of the above is not appealing to you for a Survivor competition, then it’s quite likely Fantasy Survivor might not be the game for you.

Hopefully, we will all choose to continue on in the game. As Artie is now an RFF member, I am asking that he be  accorded the same welcome and politeness towards a fellow poster that we would expect towards any other member. I'd like to feel proud of our team and its actions.

Please feel free to PM me your pics. I'm going to get some sleep and then will send the info around this afternoon, prob around 4 or as soon as I have most of the responses. :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #169 on: March 19, 2008, 08:23:24 AM »
My picks for this week. I dont care if anyone copies me! Feel free to disagree and comment.

Questions: Updated!

This week's episode title is, "Like a Wide-Eyed Kid in the Candy Store". If this phrase is mentioned during this episode, which Survivor is the Wide-Eyed Kid suggested by this comment? (35 points)   Ozzy/ Erik ...Need help on this

Who does Ami cast her vote for this episode? (25 points)   A fan

The Survivor previews suggest, "One of the Survivor Favorites takes an eager Fan under his wing, causing others to worry about this new bond." Who is the first Survivor to express concern regarding this new bond? (40 points)  Parvati / Cirie....Need help on this too.

In the reward challenge which Tribe will be the first to pass their rai stone though the first marker on the course? (15 points) 
 Malakal 

When does Kathy have her first breakdown? (30 points)   Between challenges but not at exile island

Active Survivors must: Tracy to get boot and Kathy cries...Kathy is removed from the game and its different from quits.

Jason and Tracy to get exiled.

Airai members wins immunity challenge. Ozzy throws the challenge away.

Others worth a try: Ozzy called by Jeff during challenge, Ami,Natalie,Alexis not to get confessional.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 01:04:28 PM by jonnal »

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #170 on: March 19, 2008, 10:04:43 AM »
I just want to say I love this game.  It may not be timely, but I sympathize with Artie.  I've run a few RFF pick'em games and sometimes Real Life does interfere.  It's a lot of work to get those questions up and score them.  I can only imagine how much work it is for Artie!  Must be at least twice as much work than the games at RFF.

Second, Thanks Jonnal for posting your answers!

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #171 on: March 19, 2008, 12:30:18 PM »
Guys..need help on this 2 questions.

This week's episode title is, "Like a Wide-Eyed Kid in the Candy Store". If this phrase is mentioned during this episode, which Survivor is the Wide-Eyed Kid suggested by this comment? (35 points) Ozzy...Its about the reward of shampoo thingy? or Erik

The Survivor previews suggest, "One of the Survivor Favorites takes an eager Fan under his wing, causing others to worry about this new bond." Who is the first Survivor to express concern regarding this new bond? (40 points) Cirie or Parvati?

Ozzy takes Erik and causes Cirie to worry

or

Proud James takes eager Jason because of the lack of males in the Airai tribe and causes Parvati to worry?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 01:06:18 PM by jonnal »

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #172 on: March 19, 2008, 01:22:39 PM »
This week's episode title is, "Like a Wide-Eyed Kid in the Candy Store". If this phrase is mentioned during this episode, which Survivor is the Wide-Eyed Kid suggested by this comment? (35 points) Ozzy...Its about the reward of shampoo thingy? or Erik

It could also be Jason.  If James takes Jason under his wing he could be referring to Jason's reaction to playing Survivor.

The Survivor previews suggest, "One of the Survivor Favorites takes an eager Fan under his wing, causing others to worry about this new bond." Who is the first Survivor to express concern regarding this new bond? (40 points) Cirie or Parvati?

If it is James/Jason I would think either Parvati or Eliza.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #173 on: March 19, 2008, 01:49:59 PM »
Thanks Peach for your comments about Artie and his treatment from our group.  As TheCinera has pointed out it takes a lot to run the games and ask Rob about keeping up the site.  I have played this game in the past and there have been times I was upset about how it is scored or  the lateness of the questions, however we all need to keep in mind that we are playing his game for FREE.  We are not contributing donations to help him run his game nor is it taking time out of our schedules to verify all the answers and answer all the emails about the game.

And as Peach said, we do not tolerate attacks on other members on the board and address them when people notify us.  Artie is now a member of RFF, whether he chooses to continue to post or not so I expect you would give him the same respect you give the other members here.

Please remember even though we are all competitive and like to win and see our name and tribe in the top spots, it is just a game.  It is a game that is suppose to be fun and give you another aspect of watching the show.

If you have a valid complaint end a message but be respectful.  But keep in mind we can tell Artie and others good things too.  Sad to say now a days we are all quick to complain but not as quick to compliment.

Have fun, play the game and GOOD LUCK!

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #174 on: March 19, 2008, 02:01:13 PM »
Amen peachy and Texan!!!  Anyone who has ever run a game of any kind has a permanent bullseye on their back it seems.  You can never make everyone happy so someone is always complaining.  I do think Artie missed the call on this one but it's just a game and in the long run since nearly everyone picked the same way we did it really didn't make a difference in the scoring.  Now go make your picks for this week.  It's 5 hours till showtime and we only have 6 people in the game for this week.

:neener: GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND GO MAKE YOUR PICKS!!! :neener:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 02:04:40 PM by s1 »