Author Topic: CBS ORDERS THREE NEW REALITY/ALTERNATIVE SERIES  (Read 8223 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
CBS ORDERS THREE NEW REALITY/ALTERNATIVE SERIES
« on: January 14, 2008, 10:26:51 AM »
CBS ORDERS THREE NEW REALITY/ALTERNATIVE SERIES
Celebrities Reveal Their Hidden Talents in "Secret Talents of the Stars"

Contestants Perform Crazy Tasks in Public in "Game Show in My Head" From Executive Producers Ashton Kutcher & Jason Goldberg

The Search Is On for "America's Top Dog" (Working Title)

CBS has ordered three new alternative/reality series for broadcast later this year - the biweekly celebrity talent contest SECRET TALENTS OF THE STARS, the hidden camera game show GAME SHOW IN MY HEAD and the search for AMERICA'S TOP DOG. The series were announced by Ghen Maynard, Executive Vice President, Alternative Programming & Entertainment Content for New Media, CBS Paramount Network Television Entertainment Group.

SECRET TALENTS OF THE STARS, a biweekly celebrity talent show, will uncover some of the most fascinating and unique secret talents of your favorite film and television stars, whether it be singing, dancing, magic or even acrobatics.  Celebrities will compete in a tournament-structured format to determine who has the best hidden talent.  Each performance will include a lineup of professional judges to provide their point of view - but it's the viewers who get to vote for which celebrity impressed them the most.  In the results show, viewers' votes determine which celebrity gets to keep showing off their talent and who must go home. 

GAME SHOW IN MY HEAD, a new half-hour series from executive producers Ashton Kutcher & Jason Goldberg ("Punk'd," "Beauty and the Geek"), is a hidden camera game show in which contestants wear an earpiece as they go about life in the city and are instructed by the host back in the studio to do stunts.  If the contestants can perform crazy, outrageous and often embarrassing tasks in public, they can go home with big money.  However, if they fail to perform one task, they'll lose all the money they earned thus far and go home empty-handed.  It's all about how far the contestants are willing to go to win GAME SHOW IN MY HEAD.

AMERICA'S TOP DOG (working title) is a new one hour-long series where "man's best friend" can help its owner win big money! Owners and their pets - from "pageant dogs" to those dogs simply trained at home - will live together and battle it out in a dog competition that puts the dog's relationship with the person who has raised and trained it to the test. In the end, only one team of loving owner and faithful dog will emerge the winner in this dog-eat-dog competition!

SECRET TALENTS OF THE STARS is executive produced by Robyn Nash and Don Weiner for Magic Molehill Productions, Inc.

GAME SHOW IN MY HEAD is from fox21, produced by Hat Trick Productions and Katalyst Films, Inc. with executive producers Jimmy Mulville & Leon Wilde and Ashton Kutcher, Jason Goldberg & Karey Burke.

AMERICA'S TOP DOG is executive produced by R.J. Cutler, Stu Schreiberg and Stephen Kroopnick for Magic Molehill Productions, Inc.

source:CBS press

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: CBS ORDERS THREE NEW REALITY/ALTERNATIVE SERIES
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 10:33:36 AM »
you forgot this part from variety

All three skeins fall into the "light entertainment" category of reality. They round out a slate of unscripted skeins that also includes "Survivor," "The Amazing Race," "Big Brother," "Power of 10" and "Super Password."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 10:40:49 AM »
Well I didn't get my article from Variety Kogs, it came from the cbspress so i didn't forget it, I haven't read Variety so :D.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 02:47:12 PM »
Well color me silly, I haven't read either one.. but does this mean in addition to the dog and pony shows we will get more TAR soon??   :hearts:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 01:25:18 AM »
I wanna take my dogs on America's Top Dog :lol:

I guess this sucks though for the writers strike, meaning its gonna last longer then I thought it would.

Yes more TAR please!!!  :wohoo:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 08:55:51 PM »
well 1 show is already in production

Robyn Nash Productions121 W. Lexington Drive, Suite 220, Glendale, CA,91203 - 818-480-3272 Fax: 818480-3313
 Secret Talents of the Stars • CBS • Series
ExPrd., Robyn Nash, Don Weiner; Dir., Don Weiner

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 06:33:37 PM »
well 1 show is already in production

Robyn Nash Productions121 W. Lexington Drive, Suite 220, Glendale, CA,91203 - 818-480-3272 Fax: 818480-3313
 Secret Talents of the Stars • CBS • Series
ExPrd., Robyn Nash, Don Weiner; Dir., Don Weiner

Good!!! Maybe I will get good enough to be a novice detective!  :spy:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline PrettyBoyProbst

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 05:13:43 PM »
All 3 look like train wrecks. CBS is wasting it's time. They should be working on another Amazing Race or Kid nation instead of giving us this crap.  :lala
PrettyBoyProbst

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 05:56:52 PM »
Yes, Bring back TAR & Kid Nation!! I loved that show!! !

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 06:27:35 PM »
So did I my whole family loved Kid Nation - "Deal with it"   :funny: and when they bring back BB and it's anything like BB9 I can't imagine how many more viewers they will lose? 

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 06:42:23 PM »
Yes, Bring back TAR & Kid Nation!! I loved that show!! !

kid nation is deader than a doornail. cbs messed up on keeping it alive

Offline Kilarney

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 08:36:08 AM »
Secret Talents of the Stars was pulled off the air after just one episode.

One show down... two more to go.