Author Topic: The Mole is back  (Read 52836 times)

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
Re: The Mole is back
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2008, 07:31:55 PM »
I think ABC is more excited about The Mole returning than us - the fans.  I saw the commercial (posted above) here on LOST tonight and a few of those subliminal messages are on after every commercial break. 

June 2nd can't come soon enough.

Really I don't find that, there is quite a bit of excitement around  :jumpy:

They have added an additional 4 contestants: Ali Bobby Mark and Nicole  :wohoo:

I'm with you ca bb I am so darn excited that I love to see the commercials, etc.  June 2 can't come soon enough!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2008, 10:03:02 PM »
Yeah ca bb & roses!  I'm wit-cha and feel excited for The Mole to hurry up and get here!  :yess:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2008, 12:55:13 PM »

:jumpy: Did anyone catch The Mole commercial last night

Thanks to Brent0788 for the video  :wohoo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcaONXdcQss

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AcaONXdcQss&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AcaONXdcQss&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

The commercial (in the middle of LOST on Thursday) is full of little clues or hints or plain misdirections.  But if  you look cllosely there are all kinds of numbers:  42, 4, 53, 6 popping in and out.  And various letters disconnected popping in and out:  ET, SUV, S, B, VHU, W, A, WRT, AI, BVHU, Q, O, BC.  and some phrases:
"ssion critical to many"  "ess to"    Are these clues or just junk?

Looks like a fortress of some sort high in the Andes of Chile is the start place.   A repeat of Mole II?

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2008, 06:04:06 PM »
Right now, I think they're more likely to pick a man as the Mole since three of the previous four Moles -- including the two Celebrity Moles -- were women.  And right now, Bobby and Mark look like strong suspects.  But I'll be looking for the contestants that blend in the background during the first episode.  I think the best Mole is one who sabotages the challenges but in a subtle way (usually).

Belle Book

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2008, 11:59:15 PM »
The commercial (in the middle of LOST on Thursday) is full of little clues or hints or plain misdirections.  But if  you look cllosely there are all kinds of numbers:  42, 4, 53, 6 popping in and out.  And various letters disconnected popping in and out:  ET, SUV, S, B, VHU, W, A, WRT, AI, BVHU, Q, O, BC.  and some phrases:
"ssion critical to many"  "ess to"    Are these clues or just junk?

Looks like a fortress of some sort high in the Andes of Chile is the start place.   A repeat of Mole II?

:-* Hey GMan I believe the photo shoot of the contestants seem to have been taken at Laja Falls in Biobio Region. The the location of the fortess I'm still in search of. As for the letters numbers and clues I'm sure it must mean something. I'm still working on that one, so I will get back to you.

Link to image of Laja Falls, click below:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carrottopfotos/104341320/

« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 01:48:54 AM by ca bb fan »

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2008, 11:15:23 AM »
Good catch, ca bbm looks like it could be the place.  :yess:  Don't know if I would want to try it or not from the promo clip :jumpy:

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2008, 09:47:13 AM »
Hmmm, no mention of The Mole in future schedules put out by ABC yesterday :duno:   Does that mean that The Mole is one and done :'(

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2008, 11:00:30 AM »
I think The Mole is going to be ABC's summer show, since this new season is premiering in June.  If it is a summer show, I can't complain!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2008, 08:43:17 PM »
Good catch, ca bb looks like it could be the place.  :yess:  Don't know if I would want to try it or not from the promo clip :jumpy:

I thought you were athletic  :lol:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2008, 08:48:41 PM »
I think The Mole is going to be ABC's summer show, since this new season is premiering in June.  If it is a summer show, I can't complain!

Let's hope that's ABC's intention  :tup:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2008, 01:36:53 PM »

:jumpy: The Mole has added 4 more contestants to their site. Liz Marcie Alex and Craig, 17 more days to go  :wohoo:

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2008, 02:20:20 PM »
ALEX

* Haverford, PA
    * Education: Attended University of Colorado, Boulder

Alex grew up in the suburbs outside Philadelphia. He has been drawn to music his whole life. In high school, he was president of the jazz band and now Alex is an aspiring musician, the lead guitarist for a fledgling rock band. He doesn't want to compromise his aspirations of being a musician, thus he works odd jobs and lives at home with his parents while waiting for his big break. He says he communicates best through his music. He plans on bringing his guitar to help entertain his fellow players with a song he wrote especially for The Mole. His strategy is to be the "nice guy" but he says he can play dirty if he needs to. He learned to speak Spanish from his mother and lived in Costa Rica for five years. He considers himself an expert marksman.

CRAIG

* San Diego, CA
    * Education: B.A. Point Loma Nazarene University

Craig has been overweight his entire life so he developed a sense of humor to make friends. He is a lovable prankster with a big heart, and his magnetic personality has gotten him through life. Craig plans on using his endearing nature and non-threatening appearance to win the players' trust and then manipulate them. Craig knows his physical limitations, but says this can be an asset in the game because everyone will underestimate him. He hopes to surprise everyone with his abilities. Craig has sleep apnea, so he must sleep with a special machine to help him breath while sleeping. Craig has traveled extensively and worked as a humanitarian disaster relief aide worker in Turkey and Thailand.

LIZ

* Whitefish, MT
    * Education: Associate's Degree, New Mexico Tech.

Liz has more energy than people half her age. She lives life to the fullest and does not let age stand in her way. She won't hesitate to shock people with her outlandish sense of humor. Liz is a widow. When her husband passed away, she decided to adopt two children and raise them on her own. She has an 18-year-old daughter, a senior in high school, and a 20-year-old son in the army, who recently gave her a grandchild. Her son may be deployed to Iraq at any time. She suffers a bit from an empty nest, so she is eager to have this adventure to bring some excitement into her life. Liz feels that her age will be an asset for her in the game because with age comes wisdom, especially when dealing with younger people.

MARCIE

* Corona, CA
    * Education: High School Graduate, West High, Torrance, CA

Marcie got pregnant in high school and married her high school sweetheart. She is a devoted wife and mother with three sons. Marcie is married to a police officer. By devoting her entire life to raising her family, Marcie has missed out on the opportunity to do something just for herself. But Marcie believes that being a stay-at-home mom is the most important job that anyone can have. Stay-at-home moms are not people that can't do anything else, they just choose to raise their families rather than pursue a career. Playing this game will be her big adventure and an opportunity to prove she is more than "just a mom." She feels that others will underestimate her and she will use that to her advantage. Spanish is her first language and she speaks it fluently.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2008, 07:46:19 PM »

:tup:  Good job TheCinera

Hmmm ..... I like them, it looks like an interesting group of contestants

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2008, 09:58:27 PM »
At least one contestant older than ca bb! :kuss:

Could TPTB select another "mature" contestant to be the mole?

Looks like Marcie and Alex will have an advantage if indeed the first eps are filmed in Chile.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 10:03:14 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2008, 09:10:19 AM »
Looks like Marcie and Alex will have an advantage if indeed the first eps are filmed in Chile.

:-* GMan, I don’t think you could get me to take that plunge of the Laja Falls either,

so I think we would have to find a spot on the grass and enjoy the youngens along with the view  ;)

Anything is possible on who the mole could be and I certainly don't disregard any possible clues.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 04:19:34 PM by ca bb fan »

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2008, 10:51:11 AM »

:-* GMan, I don’t think you could get me to take that plunge of the Laja Falls either,

so I think we would have to find a spot on the grass and enjoy the youngens along with the view  ;)

Anything is possible on who the the mole could be and I certainly don't disregard and possible clues.

Now that's what I call a capital idea :jumpy: :kuss:

Offline TPorter2

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2008, 12:33:40 PM »
Has anyone found  a complete cast photo? As opposed to the individual photos, which are great.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2008, 08:54:40 PM »
Has anyone found  a complete cast photo? As opposed to the individual photos, which are great.

No such luck I spent a good time tonight looking for a cast photo and your right I couldn't find one.

I'm hoping that they will release a cast photo maybe on Friday seeing they have been releasing info on Friday's.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2008, 09:01:09 PM »

PREMIERE EPISODE

THE HUNT IS ON, AS ABC PREMIERES A NEW EDITION OF "THE MOLE," MONDAY, JUNE 2

Dubbed television's smartest reality show, "The Mole" returns with all-new missions, locations and music, plus online interactivity, enabling more viewer participation over its 10 episodes, MONDAY, JUNE 2 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

In the premiere, "Episode 501," 12 players meet for the first time in Los Angeles, Chile. Their first mission will have them jumping over the edge of a waterfall, facing their greatest fears, and one player will be left stranded on a deserted beach to fend for himself/herself.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #119 on: May 20, 2008, 09:26:29 PM »
Exile Island,  :lol: ??

I so cannot wait for this! :happy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: May 20, 2008, 10:14:29 PM »
Exile Island,  :lol: ??

I so cannot wait for this! :happy:

:funny: That's so funny peach

??? hmmm ... would I rather be stranded on a deserted beach in Chile or jump off a falls to face my fears

I think they can send out for search and rescue in about a week  :lol:

Offline TPorter2

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #121 on: May 21, 2008, 05:58:58 AM »

No such luck I spent a good time tonight looking for a cast photo and your right I couldn't find one.

I'm hoping that they will release a cast photo maybe on Friday seeing they have been releasing info on Friday's.

Cool, thanks for trying!

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #122 on: May 22, 2008, 12:12:11 PM »
Source: http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-themolecontestants,0,4201482.story?track=rss

Meet 'The Mole' and 11 Other Players
Resurrected ABC reality show premieres June 2

They are scientists, doctors, machinists and models. And one of them is a saboteur.

ABC has revealed the identities of the 12 contestants on its resurrected reality show "The Mole," which returns to the air on June 2 after a four-year absence (it's been six years since the last non-celebrity version).

The series, hosted by Jon Kelley, will kick off in Chile, where contestants will have to jump over the edge of a waterfall, among other challenges. And, as in past incarnations, one of the 12 players is the Mole, secretly working to foil the plans of the other contestants. As with the previous editions, the player who knows the least about the Mole in each episode is eliminated, and the winner stands to pocket $500,000.

The 12 players range in age from 24 to 60 and include a neuroscientist, a restaurant manager, a retiree and a musician. Viewers will have to figure out for themselves just who the Mole is, however; ABC is promising a heavy online presence for the show so viewers can play along.

Your "Mole" contestants are:

Name: Alex
Hometown: Haverford, Pa.
Fun fact from ABC bio: Considers himself an expert marksman.

Name: Ali
Hometown: St. Louis
Fun fact from ABC bio: Has worked as a UFC "ring girl."

Name: Bobby
Hometown: Philadelphia
Fun fact from ABC bio: Used to host "Mole" viewing parties.

Name: Clay
Hometown: Philadelphia
Fun fact from ABC bio: Says he suffers from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Name: Craig
Hometown: San Diego
Fun fact from ABC bio: Has done disaster relief work in Thailand and Turkey.

Name: Kristen
Hometown: Santa Monica, Calif.
Fun fact from ABC bio: Engaged in Parkinson's research at UCLA.

Name: Liz
Hometown: Whitefish, Mont.
Fun fact from ABC bio: Adopted two kids and raised them on her own after her husband died.

Name: Marcie
Hometown: Corona, Calif.
Fun fact from ABC bio: Speaks fluent Spanish.

Name: Mark
Hometown: Mukwonago, Wis.
Fun fact from ABC bio: Has seen all previous seasons of "The Mole."

Name: Nicole
Hometown: Chicago
Fun fact from ABC bio: Has no problem being considered a "diva."

Name: Paul
Hometown: Yonkers, N.Y.
Fun fact from ABC bio: Father worked for a company that made spy gadgets.

Name: Victoria
Hometown: Bishop, Texas
Fun fact from ABC bio: Former beauty pageant contestant.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: May 22, 2008, 05:41:25 PM »

:jumpy: Nice, good find Cinera. I see we added the logo to the forum, so cool :wohoo:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #124 on: May 27, 2008, 07:02:30 PM »
I guess I just realized the Mole is only 10 episodes

date (day) time network episode title
8/4/08 (Mo.) 10:00 PM ABC (#510) N/A
7/28/08 (Mo.) 10:00 PM ABC (#509) N/A
7/21/08 (Mo.) 10:00 PM ABC (#508) N/A
7/14/08 (Mo.) 10:00 PM ABC (#507) N/A
7/7/08 (Mo.) 10:00 PM ABC (#506) N/A
6/30/08 (Mo.) 10:00 PM ABC (#505) N/A
6/23/08 (Mo.) 10:00 PM ABC (#504) N/A
6/16/08 (Mo.) 10:00 PM ABC (#503) N/A
6/9/08 (Mo.) 10:00 PM ABC (#502) Episode 502 (*)
6/2/08 (Mo.) 10:00 PM ABC (#501) Episode 501