Author Topic: The Mole is back  (Read 52969 times)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: The Mole is back
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2008, 02:47:42 AM »
Thanks peach.  Glad to know the date/time.  :tup:

Offline careybear

• BB Livefeeds Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • reality tv junkie
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2008, 12:57:33 PM »
Monday, May 26, at 10 pm/ET

thank you peach
Having some Spring Fun

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2008, 06:35:52 PM »
Source: http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-abcsummer2008shows,0,6503091.story?track=rss

The following week, ABC will resurrect "The Mole" after an absence of several seasons. New host Jon Kelley ("Extra") will put 12 players through a series of challenges while one of them, the Mole, works to sabotage their chances of collecting more cash. It will air at 10 p.m. Mondays starting May 26.

Monday May 26th?  I'll be watching!

Belle Book

Offline amandasfancy

• RFF Newbie
  • Good times to be had by all!
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2008, 07:05:15 PM »
I am so happy that The Mole is coming back!  It is my all-time favorite reality show (not the celebrity editions though).  It's the smartest reality game show out there.  I'm just bummed that Anderson Cooper isn't returning though.  But that's ok, at least the show is back, and that's good enough for me. 
amandasfancy

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2008, 07:18:16 PM »
:hiya amandasfancy! :welcome: to the Forum!!

Yes, I totally agree w/ all you said, and really looking forward to The Mole taken out of the mothballs and onto our screens!!  :wohoo: 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2008, 04:10:49 AM »
The Mole is just about a month away!  Yaaay! :jumpy:

:welcome:   
 new member imike24! 

Offline careybear

• BB Livefeeds Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • reality tv junkie
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2008, 12:12:51 PM »

new member imike24! 

whoohooo 1 more month
Having some Spring Fun

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2008, 12:49:04 PM »

new member imike24! 

whoohooo 1 more month

:yess:  :jumpy: I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!  :jumpy: :yess:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2008, 02:37:09 PM »
Found on another site, it looks like the Mole III has been filming in Chile.

Tags : None
It appears that this Mole will be taking place in South America - Chile to be exact, at least for part of the show. Here is an article from El Mercurio, on April 10th. (This is a cached copy from Google and is originally in Spanish - my translation may not be completely accurate)

----------------------------------

So is "The Mole", the successful reality that the U.S. channel ABC recorded in Chile

First it was James Bond. It is now one of the most important channels for the American television ABC, which elected Chile to produce one of its most successful programs: the reality show "The Mole."

Its return was announced for May 26, in prime time, and it began with a suprise alert, issued at the end of the season of "Lost."

"We chose Chile because it gives us the opportunity to go to the beach to the mountains and desert to the forest," said Scott Stone, the producer of the reality show, by telephone from Los Angeles.

"The Mole" returns to the screen after four years of recess. The program began with two successful seasons in 2001 and 2002, and its contestants must complete challenges, use equipment, and most importantly, look for evidence to find out who one is "the mole"; (ie, an infiltrator from the production to impede the tasks.) In 2003 and 2004 were two versions VIP, the latest in Yucatan (Mexico). "This program is different from other reality shows, because nobody is eliminated by popularity; Only those who know how to play succeed, not because they are more popular," says Stone, about the program, which this time will be led by Jon Kelley.

The producer said that the decision to record in Chile was made eight weeks ago and explained: "We were there three weeks and now we are going." It also adds: "The Chilean people were very kind to us and it was very easy to work."

The "Mole" was recorded in the Salto del Laja, Los Angeles, Concepcion, Santiago and several locations in Pomaire, which revolutionized the people last weekend. Will there be local aspects portrayed in reality? "There are many elements of Chilean culture that will emerge in the program: filmed in Pomaire with his famous Chanchitos, and also show the food, music, history, architecture and folklore of Chile" says Stone, who does not reveal how many of the 10 episodes of the program are conducted in the country.

The production said that was not associated with the James Bond movie, which was filming at the same time in the north. "The only thing that happened to us was that the police stopped us because of a broken mirror. That was the only thing that scared us," said a relaxed tone Stone, who still does not know if it is still an issue in Chile.

"Chile has a very beautiful landscape to record our program

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2008, 01:25:33 AM »
Thanks for the info, gingerman! :tup:
Chile sounds like a great setting for The Mole...

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2008, 01:45:03 AM »
Update:

The Mole website with ABC is showing a change of date.

The Premier date of June 2, 2008

http://abc.go.com/specials/themole/index

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2008, 02:08:56 AM »
 :ty3: ca bb fan!  I'm glad they changed it, b/c May 26 is Memorial Day. June 2nd is a much better start date. :tup:   

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2008, 10:17:44 AM »
Update:

The Mole website with ABC is showing a change of date.

The Premier date of June 2, 2008

Hmmm...that moves it out of sweeps.  I wonder if this has something to do with the shuffling to make room for the extra hour of Lost or if they just don't want ratings measure during sweeps month.  Either way, I think it's probably a good move. 

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2008, 08:14:54 PM »

:jumpy: Some of The Mole contestants are up on the site, you can view them on a video

The link is below:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2008, 08:37:32 AM »

:yess: Wow they keep updating the website.

THE MOLE - "The Mole" returns on MONDAY, JUNE 2 with all-new missions, locations and music, plus online and mobile interactivity, enabling more viewer participation during the 10 episodes. Jon Kelley is the host. "The Mole" follows a group of 12 players as they try to figure out who among them is The Mole, a saboteur trying to keep them from winning money. Players must decide who they think The Mole is and then learn as much about him or her as they can, because, at the end of each one-hour episode, the player who knows the least about The Mole is immediately

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2008, 10:38:55 AM »
Ok now it's real and I am so excited just a month away! :wohoo:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2008, 08:29:07 PM »
ABC's The Mole Announces First Four Contestants   

Friday, May 02, 2008 

The first four of 12 players on "The Mole" can now be confirmed Kristen (Santa Monica, CA), Victoria (Bishop, TX), Clay (Philadelphia, PA) and Paul (Yonkers, NY). Dubbed television's smartest reality show, the new season of "The Mole" premieres MONDAY, JUNE 2 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on ABC. The series returns with all-new missions, locations and music, plus online and mobile interactivity, enabling more viewer participation during the 10 episodes. Jon Kelley ("Extra," "The National Sports Report," "Baseball Today") is host.
"The Mole," based on the hit Belgian format, is produced by Stone & Company Entertainment and follows a group of players as they try to figure out who among them is The Mole, a saboteur trying to keep them from winning money. Players must decide who they think The Mole is and then learn as much about him or her as they can, because, at the end of each one-hour episode, the player who knows the least about The Mole is immediately eliminated from the game. In the final dramatic episode, The Mole is revealed and one of two final players wins a substantial cash prize.

The highly-rated ABC unscripted series has aired in various time periods during its four-season run, and was a consistent draw with key young adult viewers opposite established network competition, including NBC's "Law & Order" and the inaugural season of Fox's "American Idol." "The Mole" ranked either No. 1 or No. 2 in its respective slots each season with Adults 18-34, and took second place in each of its time periods among Adults 18-49. Despite facing stiff demographic competition, "The Mole" improved each of its time periods among Adults 18-34.

Additional information about the show and players can be found at ABC.com. Here are mini-bios for the first batch of players to be announced

Is Kristen The Mole?

KRISTEN Age: 35 Occupation: Neuroscientist Santa Monica, CA Education: PhD, UCLA

Kristen says that, because she's tall, blonde and beautiful, no one ever thinks she could be a neuroscientist. She's currently conducting research to find a cure for Parkinson's Disease at UCLA. Growing up in an upper-middle class family in the Midwest, Kristen showed horses competitively and also dabbled in modeling. She says that competing her entire life as an equestrian and scientist have made her hone skills that will serve her well in the game and believes her athleticism and naturally strategic mind will also be assets. Kristen feels her best trait is her kindness, and her worst is that she's a perfectionist.

Is Victoria The Mole?

VICTORIA Age: 26 Occupation: Retail Manager Bishop, TX Education: B.A., Texas A&M University, Kingsville

Victoria is a spunky, former pageant girl and cheerleader from a small town in Texas. She once told pageant judges that her favorite reality show was "The Mole" because you get to be deceptive in the game. This didn't go over so well with the judges. Victoria is very close to her family and professes to be a daddy's girl. She admits that her looks and sweet demeanor often get her what she wants, especially from men, and though people often mistake her for a nave, small town girl, she admits she can be conniving when she wants to be. Victoria says people usually underestimate her intelligence, but she is much more observant and deceptive than she lets on. She considers herself very competitive and says she won't hesitate to backstab in the game if she has to. She admits one of her flaws is that she cusses like a sailor.

Is Clay The Mole?

CLAY Age: 32 Occupation: Criminal Litigation Attorney Philadelphia, PA Education: Law Degree, Howard Law School

Clay is a devoted husband and father of two sons who likens his household to the Cosby family. He feels that the skills he uses as a criminal trial attorney will closely parallel his strategy in the game, and plans to use his argumentative abilities to convince others to do what he wants. Clay is analytical and can easily hide his emotions. He says he will use the same skills he employs in selecting a jury for figuring out who the Mole is, and that because of his trial experience, he has developed a keen sense of how to read people from all walks of life. Clay thinks he can outsmart the other players in the game because he's smarter than most people. He does admit that he suffers a bit from OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), and has been known to touch a light switch ten times before he can leave a room.

Is Paul The Mole?

PAUL Age: 29 Occupation: Machinist Yonkers, NY Education: Attended Pace University

Paul has the accent and demeanor that clearly reveal he's an Italian New Yorker from Yonkers. He works 9 to 5 as a machinist for a utility company, and as a wedding DJ on the weekends. It was at one of these weddings that he met his wife and his life changed forever. A self-professed, former "pla'ya", Paul is now a man who dotes on his family, especially the love of his life, his two-year-old daughter. Outgoing and with a charismatic personality, he feels he has an advantage in "The Mole" because, growing up, his father worked for a spy gadget company and would use the gadgets to spy on his kids. Paul considers confidence, his best trait and his worst trait, and admits -- his wife will readily agree -- that he just doesn't know when to shut up.

Photos: ABC

http://seat42f.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2225

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2008, 02:23:27 PM »
Of the twelve contestants named, most look like they are twenty-somethings or thirty-somethings.  Only Liz looks to be over the hill and over 40.  Guess TPTB are aiming at the younger 18-35 year audience.  Ah, but us old coots just like to look at all the youngens.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2008, 10:23:18 PM »

:lol: Liz does seem to stick out like a sore thumb

You just keep your eyes on the clues g-man we don't need you distracted
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 10:42:33 PM by ca bb fan »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2008, 07:18:11 AM »

:jumpy: Did anyone catch The Mole commercial last night

Thanks to Brent0788 for the video  :wohoo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcaONXdcQss

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2008, 05:19:27 PM »

:jumpy: Did anyone catch The Mole commercial last night

Thanks to Brent0788 for the video  :wohoo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcaONXdcQss

I did, I did!  I can't wait

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2008, 10:54:01 PM »
Thanks for the video, ca bb.  It just buffers on my comp since I have Dial Up.  I need to start tuning into abc more often to catch The Mole commercials in continuous motion! :tup:

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2008, 11:42:34 PM »
I think ABC is more excited about The Mole returning than us - the fans.  I saw the commercial (posted above) here on LOST tonight and a few of those subliminal messages are on after every commercial break. 

June 2nd can't come soon enough.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2008, 05:49:35 AM »
I think ABC is more excited about The Mole returning than us - the fans.  I saw the commercial (posted above) here on LOST tonight and a few of those subliminal messages are on after every commercial break. 

June 2nd can't come soon enough.

Really I don't find that, there is quite a bit of excitement around  :jumpy:

They have added an additional 4 contestants: Ali Bobby Mark and Nicole  :wohoo:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2008, 05:39:13 PM »
The next four of 12 players on ABC's "The Mole" are confirmed - Nicole (Chicago, IL), Ali (St. Louis, MO), Bobby (Philadelphia, PA) and Mark (Mukwonago, WI). Dubbed television's smartest reality show, the new season of "The Mole" premieres MONDAY, JUNE 2 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC. Television Network. The series returns with all-new missions, locations and music, plus online and mobile interactivity, enabling more viewer participation during the 10 episodes. Jon Kelley ("Extra," "The National Sports Report") is host.

"The Mole," based on the hit Belgian format, is produced by Stone & Company Entertainment and follows a group of players as they try to figure out who among them is The Mole, a saboteur trying to keep them from winning money. Players must decide who they think The Mole is and then learn as much about him or her as they can, because, at the end of each one-hour episode, the player who knows the least about The Mole is immediately eliminated from the game. In the final dramatic episode, The Mole is revealed and one of two final players wins a substantial cash prize.

The highly-rated ABC unscripted series aired in various time periods during its four-season run, and was a consistent draw with key young adult viewers opposite established network competition, including NBC's "Law & Order" and the inaugural season of Fox's "American Idol." "The Mole" ranked either No. 1 or No. 2 in its respective slots each season with Adults 18-34 and took second place in each of its time periods among Adults 18-49. Despite facing stiff demographic competition, "The Mole" improved each of its time periods among Adults 18-34.

Additional information about the show and players can be found at ABC.com. Here are mini-bios for the second batch of players to be announced:

NICOLE    Age: 32
Chicago, IL
Education: MD, Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine

Nicole says she has the ability to be a social chameleon, a skill she's developed by growing up in a lower-middle class, African-American neighborhood, working in a white collar profession and dealing with a wide range of patients. She says she can be street or professional when she needs to be, has a strong personality and isn't shy about letting her opinions be known. Nicole is very proud of being a doctor and has no problem with being considered a diva. She is close with her mother and credits her with her success.

ALI        Age: 24
St. Louis, MO
Education: Associate's Degree, St. Louis Community College

Ali is a model who has worked as a ring girl for the Ultimate Fighting Championship. She describes herself as "stunning" and believes her beauty helps her get her way, but also causes people to instantly dismiss her -- which she plans on using to her benefit in the game. Ali used to be a wild, party girl. She celebrated her 21st birthday with Motley Crue in Las Vegas. But now she treats her body as a temple. She has strong religious beliefs and has settled down with her boyfriend, a UFC fighter. She claims to have a 75% accuracy rate with shotguns and is experienced in fishing. Ali considers herself ambitious and caring, but also forgetful and prone to road rage. She plans on using her beauty and brains to outsmart other players.

BOBBY     Age: 25
Philadelphia, PA
Education: B.A., Penn State

Bobby loves games, competing and winning, though you may not know it from his low key exterior. He's a hardcore fan of "The Mole" and used to host "Mole" viewing parties in his basement. He knows the game well and has a solid strategy to form coalitions with less intelligent players whom he can lead astray. Bobby feels that being selected as a player on "The Mole" is the fulfillment a lifelong dream, and that also being gay, his "gaydar" -- the ability to recognize other gay people -- will help him read others players in the game. Bobby considers himself loveable and generous, but also stubborn and vengeful. He used to work as a restaurant manager until recently, when his restaurant closed. Bobby feels his knowledge of the game guarantees him a spot among the final three players.

MARK         Age: 42
Mukwonago, WI
Education: B.A., University of Wisconsin, Whitewater

Mark is an extremely competitive high school soccer coach and world history teacher. He plays to win and has no tolerance for whiners. A huge fan of "The Mole," Mark has seen all the previous seasons and will be very intense and focused about playing the game. His only weakness is his family: Mark grew up poor, in a broken family, but his life turned around when he met his wife. He can get very emotional about his wife of 18 years and his three kids, whom he considers his life. He also has a fourth child on the way. Mark says he thrives on competition and being challenged, and has an IQ of 143. His strategy is to figure out an "end game," whereby he foresees a desired end and the most advantageous route for himself towards it, then does everything in his power to manipulate things in that direction.

Photos: (ABC/BOB D'AMICO) 

http://seat42f.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2277&Itemid=9