Author Topic: FIJI it is  (Read 6761 times)

surviordude_JT

FIJI it is
« on: March 09, 2004, 11:59:18 AM »
That camera man I told you about will be leaving & going to Fiji to film Survivor 9  No one has annouced the conestants or what they do or Where they come from But when I know more I will get it to you As fast as Possible 8)

« Last Edit: March 09, 2004, 12:03:03 PM by survivordude_JT »

surviordude_JT

Re:FIJI it is
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 12:03:36 PM »
It is somewhere in this Map

surviordude_JT

Re:FIJI it is
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 12:33:13 PM »
I hate to tell you this but some one is messing with me Now they are saying that survivor9 could be flimed in Antartica I know what you are thinking.... WHAT?????? MY point excatly How could they survive????

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: FIJI it is
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 06:34:30 PM »

Fiji it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wezzie
MESS member
(4/5/04 10:50 am)
ezSupporter

Re: Re:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Bumpity Bump.....

Fiji is back to looking like our best bet. Vanuatu seems to be o-u-t. Hopefully, Fiji's more developed tourist infrastructure will work better for them. 

http://pub207.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm19.showMessageRange?topicID=2047.topic&start=201&stop=207

surviordude_JT

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 10:11:20 PM »
Exellent Puddin

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • One day..... I Will Outlast, Outwit & Outplay
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2004, 01:04:29 PM »
Antartica?? That is a crazy idea.... I've heard Fiji all along.... Thanks for confirming Puddin.
Wendy Jean

SURVIVOR 11- HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

surviordude_JT

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2004, 09:02:28 PM »
I know i sadi the samething when i heard that also wendy I think it is stupid

Offline survivorfreak

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2004, 06:37:00 AM »
they could sue them for freezing to death or frostbite.............. or family members could, if they died... now, cbs wouldn't want that right?

Theresa

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2004, 01:48:21 PM »
i think they sign contracts before they go.

Offline nelehrox

• RFF Sr. Member
  • -Neleh Rocks-
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2004, 02:47:28 PM »
Yeah they have to sign a really thick liability thing and a bunch of contracts

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2004, 05:34:55 PM »
Hi nelehrox..did you get my message??
                                           puddin :)

Offline nelehrox

• RFF Sr. Member
  • -Neleh Rocks-
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2004, 06:34:08 PM »
oh yeah i got it puddin  :)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2004, 12:10:26 AM »
Cool  nelehrox..sorry about that..I'm glad to see you posting again  :-* ..puddin

found this tonight could be that MB thought about using Fiji once before?

Posted by Wezzie @ sucks  http://pub207.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm19.showMessageRange?topicID=2047.topic&start=221&stop=223

http://www.peakexposure.com/why/buff.html#survivor

Oakland CA, January 2002 – Buff® the original multifunction stitch-free wear is again required gear for CBS' Survivor® series contestants. Buff® wear has been worn by Survivor contestants in Borneo, Australia, Africa and, next season, will be worn in the Fiji islands. In addition to being a functional accessory the Buff® wear's bright colors are worn to distinguish tribe members from one another, and in this season's series played a crucial roll as they were swapped when some members switched tribes

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2004, 12:22:24 AM »
Found this through Google..sort of interesting..MB already knows about beautiful Fiji  :)

http://www.usanetwork.com/sports/ecochallengefiji/eventbackground/burnett.html

Mark Burnett is the Executive Producer and Founder of Eco-Challenge: Fiji.

Mark Burnett has a long history of executive producing Emmy Award-winning adventure television productions in international locations. A driving force behind the development of reality television, Burnett's entrepreneurial spirit has pioneered the success of reality "unscripted" drama series, garnered skyrocketing ratings, and introduced millions of Americans to an entirely new television genre.

Prior to producing Survivor (CBS), the most-watched summer series in television history, Burnett founded Eco-Challenge, and has now executive produced a total of nine Eco-Challenge events and programs which have aired on MTV, ESPN, Discovery Channel, and USA Network.

Burnett's continued success and innovative contributions to changing the face of non-fiction programming have landed him numerous awards and nominations. Eco-Challenge: British Columbia earned him both a 1996 Sports Emmy Award nomination and a 1997 International Documentary Association Award nomination. For Eco-Challenge: Morocco, Burnett received an Emmy Award for "Outstanding Program Achievement" and the prestigious Banff Rockie Award in the "Sports Program" category at the 2000 Banff Rockie Awards Festival. In 2001, he earned a total of six Primetime Emmy nominations for Survivor and Eco-Challenge: Borneo, and won two 2001 Primetime Emmy awards for Survivor in the "Outstanding Program (Special Class)" and "Outstanding Sound Mixing" categories for Non-Fiction Programming.

Burnett was the winner of a People's Choice Award for an unprecedented three years in a row (2001, 2002 and 2003) for Survivor in the Favorite Reality Based Television Program category. He has also been listed on Entertainment Weekly's "Top 101 Most Powerful People in Entertainment" for three years in a row, and has previously held the #1 position on TV Guide's "Most Valuable Players" list and the #2 position on Access Hollywood's "Top 10 in Entertainment 2000" list. Additionally, Burnett was a recipient of a Special Recognition Award for Survivor from the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD), was named to Advertising Age's "Top 100 for 2001" list, and was a featured business leader in Variety's 2001 "A Tradition of Trendsetting" feature.

While continuing to produce Eco-Challenge and Survivor, Burnett will also partner with Carsey-Werner-Mandabach to helm a new sitcom for the WB Network, scheduled to premiere in the fall of 2003.

In addition to his producing credits, Burnett has authored two books about Survivor as well as a third book, DARE TO SUCCEED: How to Survive and Thrive in the Game of Life. He has also given motivational, leadership, and team-building speeches to major corporations nationwide.

Burnett has served two elected terms on the Board of Directors of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts in Los Angeles, is a member of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, and currently sits on the Board of Directors of the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation.

Burnett is a former member of the famed British Army Parachute Regiment, with active service medals from both the Northern Ireland and Argentina conflicts. He is an open-water certified SCUBA diver, a Level A certified skydiver, and is Advanced Wilderness First Aid certified.