Author Topic: EP 11: The Final Push  (Read 173550 times)

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
Re: EP 11: The Final Push
« Reply #400 on: January 19, 2008, 03:58:59 AM »
Is it confirmed that the shot showing Ron/Chris running and Nic/Don with backpack is the location of the final mat?

I think it probably is and the reason why Chris and Rachel wear jackets when doing roadblcok is because that area is not the same place as the final mat, maybe they have to do the roadblock in some place and get the next clue to the finish line, so on the cab ride they take off their jackets.

And it is clear that the shot with Don, Ron and TK together is when they all wait for their teams to finish the roadblock, so you can tell that they are all there around the same time.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #401 on: January 19, 2008, 09:46:46 AM »
more ...

This shot bothers me.  Rachel is holding a red-banded card with the last three letters: O A D.   We have been assuming that this is a ROADBLOCK card.  But it is different from other Roadblock cards we have seen with the word ROADBLOCK with various symbols across the entrie card.  This looks different and it looks like one word ending in O A D  is on the top.  Could this be some other word than "ROAD"?  It looks like the letters O A D take up half of the top of the folded card.  A six letter word enging in O A D?  If this is not the ROADBLOCK clue card, what is it?

Some possibilities:  CROSSROAD (a new twist?); UNLOAD; OFFLOAD
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 09:55:50 AM by gingerman28 »

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #402 on: January 19, 2008, 10:21:09 AM »
that one's been bugging me too. what about reload?
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #403 on: January 19, 2008, 10:40:00 AM »
that one's been bugging me too. what about reload?

That's a good one.  A new task: "RELOAD" as in remembering facts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #404 on: January 19, 2008, 10:47:49 AM »
Even if Nate & Jenn were in the final 3 they would not win.

Here is why:  I'm guessing, but it looks like in that mystery task the teams have to gather various items that they will recognize from the race.  Maybe they have to  put them below the globe disk that matches in which hemisphere they encountered that item.

So, for Nate & Jenn:  The Donkey !!!   No way.  It's not going anywhere!   :lol3:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #405 on: January 19, 2008, 10:49:20 AM »
And there will be a pretty girl going:

I'm sorry that is not correct.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline colav10

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #406 on: January 19, 2008, 10:53:58 AM »
I'm pretty sure that what Rachel is holding is part of the inside portion of the roadblock clue. T A R F L I E S has a sample of the inside of the clue looks like and one side has just the word ROAD at the top. See:

« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 10:57:45 AM by colav10 »

Offline colav10

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #407 on: January 19, 2008, 10:56:25 AM »
*deleted by author*

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #408 on: January 19, 2008, 12:54:33 PM »
OK, puddin, I have finally had the time to do the research needed on Whittier and Anchorage and a place called Wasilla and Palmer and Eagle River and Big Lake and Willow. All these towns (except Anchoreage, which is clearly a city) turned up on my search for "Fishing Boats". I had to sift through 45 results from Anchorage, 17 from Wasilla, and 1 to 3 from everywhere else. The final product of all that is 3 websites that are these:

www.fishwhittier.com
www.glacierwolf.com
www.deweysmarine.com

Please check these out against your criteria.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #409 on: January 19, 2008, 01:03:13 PM »
Where is the text on the clue? If it were the inside cover, there would still be some writing on it (be it general instructions or specific instructions), but on that clue, at least half (horizontally) is empty. The clue-holder is solid-red, so it couldn't be that.  :duno:

Offline teufel

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #410 on: January 19, 2008, 01:12:36 PM »
Where is the text on the clue? If it were the inside cover, there would still be some writing on it (be it general instructions or specific instructions), but on that clue, at least half (horizontally) is empty. The clue-holder is solid-red, so it couldn't be that.  :duno:
Give it up...it's a roadblock clue.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 19, 2008, 01:27:35 PM »
is it sad that I got a job today and when they asked me when I could start I told them anytime after tomorrow because I was afraid they would make me come in and miss the finale :(  :lol3:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #412 on: January 19, 2008, 01:52:20 PM »
is it sad that I got a job today and when they asked me when I could start I told them anytime after tomorrow because I was afraid they would make me come in and miss the finale :(  :lol3:
:jam:

Thats it can we adopt him.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #413 on: January 19, 2008, 03:51:42 PM »
I'm really looking forward to the finale.  With three teams in the final leg that I like, this'll be one of my top three Amazing Race editions!  Although I'm rooting for Ronald & Christina, I think I'll be happy with any one of the three teams winning.  Is it Sunday yet?

Belle Book

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #414 on: January 19, 2008, 04:13:05 PM »
I'm pretty sure that what Rachel is holding is part of the inside portion of the roadblock clue. T A R F L I E S has a sample of the inside of the clue looks like and one side has just the word ROAD at the top. See:

That's good for a laugh, but it does not match any ROADBLOCK clue I have seen during 12TARs

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #415 on: January 19, 2008, 04:15:16 PM »

Here is why:  I'm guessing, but it looks like in that mystery task the teams have to gather various items that they will recognize from the race.  Maybe they have to  put them below the globe disk that matches in which hemisphere they encountered that item.

So, for Nate & Jenn:  The Donkey !!!   No way.  It's not going anywhere!   :lol3:

That seems to be the task.  In the shot of Rachel with the Eastern Hemisphere globe you can see items found in Europe: donkey, boat and Africa: UTurn for example

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #416 on: January 19, 2008, 05:16:38 PM »
This is what the initial clue looks like --

once the team decides who will do the challenge, they open the clue and--

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #417 on: January 19, 2008, 05:26:45 PM »
I hate that "you must pretend to throw up". 

Is that thing real?  Who put that up?  Or was it a TARflies joke?

Offline SingularStars

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • The ultimate racer.
« Reply #418 on: January 19, 2008, 05:46:18 PM »
I hope to god it's fake.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #419 on: January 19, 2008, 05:56:34 PM »
I'm sure its fake, lol

Offline thatsfunny

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Carpe Diem
« Reply #420 on: January 20, 2008, 12:47:14 AM »
Ah...I have been studying/cramming for finals this week, so I haven't had time to do much. Anyway, I read about the Road Block thing, and I found this on YouTube. It's from the Taiwan leg, where Ronald did the Acrobatics Jeep task.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 12:57:26 AM by thatsfunny »
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom always to tell the difference."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #421 on: January 20, 2008, 12:58:50 AM »
Yeah its says " who's ready to go for a tricky ride?"
Then they decide who's going to do the RB, but don't know what the task is, then when they decide they open the clue and it tells them what the task is. How many times do we see & hear this? Like when Christina said she'd do the Taxi/Roadblock in Osaka, she didn't know it would involve driving until they opened the rest of the clue and thats just one example off the top of my head  :umn: .

Offline thatsfunny

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Carpe Diem
« Reply #422 on: January 20, 2008, 01:07:08 AM »
I'm glad Monday's a holiday, that way I get to get all hyped up for this episode and spend Monday cramming....
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom always to tell the difference."

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #423 on: January 20, 2008, 11:56:39 AM »

In a new promo last night you can make out the background behind Rachel much better (no yellow overtint) and the objects by the wall include the donkey (ep 1 Ireland); a vase with tulips (ep 2 Holland); picture card (ep 3 Bingo): UTurn sign (ep 4 Barkina Faso); a row boat (ep 6 Croatia).  some other object but can't make them out.  Maybe they have to assemble them in chronicalogical order like the flags at the end of TAR9?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #424 on: January 20, 2008, 12:58:36 PM »
Thats most likely the scenario Gman. You got all that off of one commercial!? Wow even in slo-mo I didn't catch all that  :jam: