Author Topic: EP 11: The Final Push  (Read 173826 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: EP 11: The Final Push
« Reply #325 on: January 17, 2008, 08:05:40 PM »
I knew it!
go me!

I was re watching some of TAR12 today and realized how hot Rachel is lol

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #326 on: January 17, 2008, 08:08:24 PM »
more ...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #327 on: January 17, 2008, 08:11:03 PM »
Yup!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 17, 2008, 08:12:42 PM »
looks like one to me puddin!

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #329 on: January 17, 2008, 08:17:32 PM »
Puddin

With the extended days in Alaska, even in such a southern area as Anchorage and the Kenai Peninsula you are going to have long days with a lot of Sun.  WIth nearly 17 and a half hours of sunlight.

As for Homer, while its fairly picturesque as far as fishing towns go.  Its the furthest both in mileage and time to drive from Anchorage.

As a native of Kenai, I would love to see them go further on the Peninsula, but I don't see it.  As for Seward, it is just a very ugly town, so I would hope they don't go there.

Staying north of Anchorage or near cook inlet really has some beautiful natural scenery.  Even driving down as far as Skilak lake is quite beautiful at this time of the year.

Though with the large influx of people due to tourism, and the fishing industry can at times make car travel slow going as most of the roads fluctuate between one and two lanes.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #330 on: January 17, 2008, 08:21:23 PM »
Puddin

With the extended days in Alaska, even in such a southern area as Anchorage and the Kenai Peninsula you are going to have long days with a lot of Sun.  WIth nearly 17 and a half hours of sunlight.

As for Homer, while its fairly picturesque as far as fishing towns go.  Its the furthest both in mileage and time to drive from Anchorage.

As a native of Kenai, I would love to see them go further on the Peninsula, but I don't see it.  As for Seward, it is just a very ugly town, so I would hope they don't go there.

Staying north of Anchorage or near cook inlet really has some beautiful natural scenery.  Even driving down as far as Skilak lake is quite beautiful at this time of the year.

Though with the large influx of people due to tourism, and the fishing industry can at times make car travel slow going as most of the roads fluctuate between one and two lanes.
See this is why we need your insight mswood, it might as well be Timbuktu, for me anyway. What I'm looking for is where fishing ports are popular *sigh* and have been up and down Cook inlet  :duno:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #331 on: January 17, 2008, 08:38:54 PM »
I think I've figured this out. The final task is to put the donkey and other items seen on the race and identify which country on the globe they're from.

We don't have an official speed bump. The teams are asked in which country the speed bumps and U-turns were used.

I think the picture of Christina standing at the U-turn is watching Ron trying to figure out where he saw it.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 08:44:31 PM by TARAsia Fan »
Just here to visit.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #332 on: January 17, 2008, 08:43:04 PM »
Good Job Puddin!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #333 on: January 17, 2008, 08:57:39 PM »
Puddin

See this is why we need your insight mswood, it might as well be Timbuktu, for me anyway. What I'm looking for is where fishing ports are popular *sigh* and have been up and down Cook inlet  :duno:
Because they are all over   :lol3: :lol3:  From canneries, and fish farms, to fishing docks of small, to very large commercial areas.  Hell they could even be at a University or college fishing area. 

I can eliminate Kenai, north Kenai or Soldotna from the lists of places to look.  It doesn't seem to fit the area or beach type that they have.

I am less familiar with Seward (because Seward sucks, I mean really.  Alaska's beautiful but its towns can be quite ugly, but Seward is really ugly).  There is Whittier, though teams would have to travel by train or plane to get their.  But the train is e close to Alyeska.  I mean really close, you just drive til you reach the portage Glacier turnoff and the train depot is right there.  Its a very small town, and thus less chance of being noticed.  And its got a lot of boating.  Hell there are just so many small paces with lots of boats that teams could travel too.  I wouldn't have a clue without more footage.  I mean hell I could tell you everywhere they were for the sequestered teams right off the footage, because those are so specific.

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #334 on: January 17, 2008, 09:01:19 PM »
These look like they may be in the same area.  The fence poles look similar.  There is also two taxi's in the background.  One directly behind them and one off to the far right.  It's hard to tell if there is another one nearby or not.  However, where are they?  It almost looks like a junkyard.

What is Rachel carrying?  Is it part of this task?

Is Nick standing at a Podium?  Or is that fabric on the wall behind him?

Also, I have to say this is one elaborate set up for a Roadblock if there are indeed individual stations for each country they visited or maybe there are individual stations for each racer where they have their own area to put things in order.    I'd say the latter.  

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 17, 2008, 09:03:15 PM »
it looks like he might be carrying a box?
god I'm excited for sunday night -- it's been SO long since we had a finale where we didn't have an idea who would win.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #336 on: January 17, 2008, 09:06:31 PM »
However, where are they?
Until something better comes along, I'll stick with 39-S.
As far as the U-turn box goes, maybe instead of something to do it's just another piece of the puzzle, like the donkey.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #337 on: January 17, 2008, 09:12:35 PM »
Stick with?

I missed that, where is it!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #338 on: January 17, 2008, 09:15:28 PM »
That looks good to me! :tup:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #339 on: January 17, 2008, 09:19:58 PM »
Here. The south-facing shorelines have mud flats that are too large. I haven't found any matching photo yet, but if it's not the Cook Inlet Tug & Barge Pier (39-S), then it's something similar.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #340 on: January 17, 2008, 09:39:42 PM »
One thing we haven't discussed:

We know that after the ice climb teams are flown by helicopter off the glacier.

Where?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #341 on: January 17, 2008, 09:47:41 PM »
One thing we haven't discussed:

We know that after the ice climb teams are flown by helicopter off the glacier.

Where?
Thanks to the info from Colby & peach Alpine Air Alaska provides the helicopters, they probably take them back to the Glacier Jets Alaska, docks?
http://www.alpineairalaska.com/
http://www.glacierjetalaska.com/

eta:

« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 10:01:54 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #342 on: January 17, 2008, 10:30:50 PM »
It really does look like a junkyard ..

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 17, 2008, 10:31:47 PM »
could be puttin that could be the site of the detour with crabs?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #344 on: January 17, 2008, 10:45:02 PM »
could be puttin that could be the site of the detour with crabs?
:spsign

Crab shacks! lol

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #345 on: January 17, 2008, 10:45:42 PM »
lmfao wtf is puttin  :groan: :lol3:

« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 10:51:59 PM by Michael D »

Offline SingularStars

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • The ultimate racer.
« Reply #346 on: January 17, 2008, 10:47:18 PM »
I can't wait for this episode on Sunday. I've been swamped in so much hmwk this week that The Amazing Race is really my escape. Ha.

I wonder what they could do with the donkey, but that task with all the miscellaneous (sp?) things looks cool!

Can't wait. Ron and Chris FTW.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #347 on: January 17, 2008, 10:57:22 PM »
Puddin

mswood, since you were a native of the area, you will appreciate these land distances:

Anchorage to Seward 140 miles
Anchorage to Kenai 160 miles
Anchorage to Homer 228 miles

None of these 3 places will be involved in AR12 as a result due to excessive distance. The water scenes will have to be with boats north of Anchorage, out of Anchorage, or out of Whittier.
a

Offline thatsfunny

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Carpe Diem
« Reply #348 on: January 17, 2008, 11:16:26 PM »
I almost lost my mind when I read Whittier, just b/c it's a city in Southern California. It's hard to comprehend that there cities of the same name in different states.
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom always to tell the difference."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #349 on: January 17, 2008, 11:21:37 PM »
Then you find the fish & crab places apskip, I gave it a shot so good luck to you   :jam: