Author Topic: EP 11: The Final Push  (Read 174629 times)

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP 11: The Final Push
« Reply #250 on: January 16, 2008, 08:38:29 AM »
I agree that the "U-turn" sign is really part of a roadblock, just a memory task before the finish line like season 9 finale.

Maybe they have to figure out where does U-turn appear on the race and point out the location on the globe? (I think the round-shaped thing is a globe) This may not be easy since we have seen before that teams do not have good memory as we are.

that's what i went to bed last night thinking  :lol:

I just think that the will be a "special" last task like there has been since season 8 where only one team member can participate (road block - i know)

and I think that the u turn is part of it. 

Christina is saying please help
and Nick is saying I can't figure this out for 1million dollars

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #251 on: January 16, 2008, 10:25:17 AM »
Slowhatch--you are so warm I can smell the mud! Thanks thatsfunny too--where is that picture taken?

Hm...I actually found it online while looking on Google. It's a 360 view of Port of Anchorage, with a view of the Anchorage skyline in behind, I'm supposing.

just found that too--thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 10:29:28 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #252 on: January 16, 2008, 11:10:35 AM »
We have some inconsistencies hereabouts:

Some have said that scenes of teams running along path and then three team members standing and watching Chris, Rachel and Nick doing the final Roadblock are on the way to the finish line after the last task.

But look at Rachel in the jet boat ride she is wearing a green windbreaker; when she is doing the "final roadblock" task she is also wearing the green windbreaker; BUT when she is running to that site she is wearing just a gray tee shirt and is carrying nothing.  So something is out of sequence.

Also Chris in the running shot is wearing her blue shirt; in the "final roadblock" task she is wearing the brown sweater she is wearing during the ice climb and fish gutting by Ron.  So again we are out of sequence since we see no sweater around her waist as she runs and does not have a back pack.

So the shots of Chris, Rachel and Nick doing the ROADBLOCK task calling for identifying different events during the trip must come before the teams running on the path.

Unless, of course, we have events over two days.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #253 on: January 16, 2008, 11:20:10 AM »
We know that now with the new video Gman, we were guessing a possable scenario with lack of something to do. The U-Turn must be part of what looks like the last Roadblock, but what exactly they are doing remains to be seen, I agree its probably a memory thing before the sprint to the final mat.

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #254 on: January 16, 2008, 11:47:53 AM »
I think we may be on to something here regarding this Roadblock......

The large round disk like things may very well be maps showing the location of where each leg took place, i.e., Amsterdam, Florence, Italy, Burkina-Faso, etc.It was also pointed out that there is a U-turn and cluebox under one of those large round maps and of course we see Christina standing at a U-Turn as well.

My guess is that the person doing the Roadblock must go to each large round map and perhaps somewhere on the wall or on a piece of paper put down the order of tasks performed on that leg.  Further they if there was a speed bump or U-Turn or FF they would also have to indicate if it was used/performed.  There may be more to it but I think we have a majory memory task here.

For instance in Leg 8 in Mumbai, India

Speed Bump:  Kynt & Vixen
Detour:  Paste 'Em and Thread 'Em.
U-Turn:  used by Kynt & Vixen on Nick & Don
Roadblock:  Deliver propane gas canisters

Only after they put each leg in the correct order will they get the final clue to run to the final mat. 

so that picture of the Christina doesn't mean there is an actual U-turn but rather she is trying to recall the order of tasks on a previous leg.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 11:54:36 AM by anon1akacolby »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #255 on: January 16, 2008, 03:19:57 PM »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 16, 2008, 03:23:51 PM »
thanks puddin
nice creative editing there..

I bet you it cuts to commerical and it comes back and Christina has no problem lmao

geez thinks really arent looking good for nick and don now.

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #257 on: January 16, 2008, 03:26:40 PM »
So chris/ron are first to the wall of ice. and it is just a climb and get the next clue.

First task in Alaska?

Nick better change out of his shorts ha!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 16, 2008, 03:27:23 PM »
well we see no sign of TK and Rachel so they might be a head still

nvm!! wow so ron and chris ARE in first

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #259 on: January 16, 2008, 03:48:02 PM »
First task in Alaska?

Most likely.  Then they take the helicopter back to the launch point so they can go to their next task.

nvm!! wow so ron and chris ARE in first

Now they are.  from all the vidcaps of everyone at the Roadblock everyone catches up so who is first at the ice climb really doesn't give us much. 

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 16, 2008, 03:49:27 PM »
well the thing is we don't know how "equalized" the teams are in that shot where we see Ron, TK, and Don.

For all we know Ron and Don could have just showed up and TK and Rachel could have been doing the RB for the past 10 minutes so they'd be really far ahead. or any other team could be ahead.

There are so many confusing things about this leg!!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 03:55:24 PM by Michael D »

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #261 on: January 16, 2008, 04:15:34 PM »

Hmmm..........

"Photo Finish"

1.  close race to the mat with teams neck and neck.

2.  the final task comes down to place the correct "photo" to the right leg, e.g., Mumbai leg - U-Turn is used by Kynt & Vixen on who?  Nick and Don.  (assuming they don't know it was used or they don't know who it was used on.)  Teams could be neck and neck on the Roadblock with just trying to figure out one task on a leg. 

It could very well be that it all comes down to scenario 2. 

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #262 on: January 16, 2008, 04:18:21 PM »
I was thinking about the new guy that they brought over to design tasks - was on Survivor. (sorry don't know his name)

would anyone recognise that same task from Survivor or a task similar.

I watch Survivor series haphazardly so it doesn't strike any chords with me.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 16, 2008, 04:19:15 PM »
Somebody pointed out that there are clothing inconsistencies for the "u-turn" road block to be right before the finish line. Both Christina and Rachel appear to change (or take off sweaters) from the time they are doing the RB to the time they are at the believed finish line  path. I would say that it goes:

1. Ice Climb
2. Detour
3. Road Block (the one with fake u-turn and all)
4. Final task before finish line that all teams are at one point together.

It makes sense because like puddin said -- that could explain why Nick and Don don't drop their bags if they see Ron and Christina or TK and Rachel leaving they would know that they weren't in first.

Offline Oliver

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #264 on: January 16, 2008, 04:39:58 PM »
geez thinks really arent looking good for nick and don now.

Why's that? It looked in the preview that Don was doing that task fairly fast. :js:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 16, 2008, 04:40:51 PM »
Well, for one they are behind Ron and Christina going to the ice climb, then we have the fact that we know that Nick messes up at the road block, and then we have that shot of them looking defeated running to the finish mat.

Offline Oliver

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #266 on: January 16, 2008, 04:56:22 PM »
Well, for one they are behind Ron and Christina going to the ice climb, then we have the fact that we know that Nick messes up at the road block, and then we have that shot of them looking defeated running to the finish mat.

But aren't they right behind them, along with TK/Rachel? They'll probably get there really quick, maybe while Chris is still climbing, unless it's just editing...)
Nick does seem to mess up on the road block, but it might not be as serious since CBS never puts the serious complications in the previews... How do we know if the photos were taken when the race was in effect? Could it have not been taken after they ran and just had them do it again for show? Just wondering... :duno:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 16, 2008, 05:01:16 PM »
I don't think they'd do that Oliver (retake the picture to mislead people I mean)
BUT, just because things look bad for them does not mean they don't have a chance, we all know how previews tend to be misleading, so we'll see on Sunday !! :D

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #268 on: January 16, 2008, 05:33:45 PM »
we know that Nick messes up at the road block

we do??

the only shot of Nick I recall is where he is trying to recall something in saying something like, "why can't I figure this out for a million dollars" or something to that affect. 

am I missing something?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 16, 2008, 05:37:46 PM »
well, I meant we know he messes up some how thanks to web clues and the preview that aired at the end of episode 10

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #270 on: January 16, 2008, 05:39:55 PM »
I think he just doesnt get it he may mess it up  :umn: oops lol
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #271 on: January 16, 2008, 06:03:54 PM »
But Michael we dont know if that running on the path is to the final mat? I'm thinking they run to the mat right after they complete the final Roadblock, that doesn't match up with the clothes that we see and yeah I'm thinking there are 2 seperate Roadblocks, one being the fish cleaning and the other being the puzzle whatever. If Ron is cleaning fish in the one then it makes sense that Christina has to do the final one because its her turn rounding it off to 6 a piece.  :pull

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 16, 2008, 06:08:58 PM »
That's true puddin --
I'm so confused! I would say that path is 100% the finish line based on how Nick and Don look in the TV guide preview and how Chris and Ron look when they are running, but we can never be too sure.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #273 on: January 16, 2008, 06:22:09 PM »
"Hi, my name is Matt..."

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile