Author Topic: EP 11: The Final Push  (Read 174606 times)

Offline SingularStars

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • The ultimate racer.
Re: EP 11: The Final Push
« Reply #225 on: January 15, 2008, 11:59:22 PM »
I hope! I'm obsessed with this show, not that that's a bad thing or anything. At my school I'm known as the TAR nut. Haha.

Thanks for the warm welcome you guys.

Offline down_with_alli

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Phil is my God
« Reply #226 on: January 16, 2008, 12:04:57 AM »
Do you think the U-turn might just be a part of the final task e.g. remembering who got U-turned by who etc.?

I can't see Phil going "This is the 2nd of only 2 U-turns in the race" and then there being another one. Plus, I don't think they'll be that cruel as to put one on the final leg.

ETA: My bet is that TK/Rachel win (boooring) but I'm saying that purely based on them being the most physically fit out of the F3 and them spending craploads on the hotel.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #227 on: January 16, 2008, 12:05:37 AM »
Trust me everyone here understands perfectly.   :lol:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 16, 2008, 12:07:14 AM »
Do you think the U-turn might just be a part of the final task e.g. remembering who got U-turned by who etc.?

I can't see Phil going "This is the 2nd of only 2 U-turns in the race" and then there being another one. Plus, I don't think they'll be that cruel as to put one on the final leg.

I don't think so -- I think they just wanted the finale to be a complete surprise for once? who knows.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #229 on: January 16, 2008, 12:16:48 AM »

I don't know.

While they have done tasks that reflect on the race they have run.  Whether its order of animals through the race (season 3), order of flags of countries you visited (What has to be the hardest task at the end ever), build a map of North America (Family Edition), or even ALll Stars (how you feel about the teams you raced with). 

Now the photo evidence we have shows one person (Christina) at the U-Turn sign with a Roadblock clue in her hand (red).  So far the U-Turns have been at the next route marker after a detour (ie becuase you go back and do the other side of the detour).  SO why would she have a roadblock clue, and why wouldn't Ron be beside her.

So I can see this as being part of a test for what has happened previously (if so its good that Jenn & NAte aren't here, because they still think Nic & Don yielded Kynt & Vyxsin, haha).

BUt the roadblock would have to be more then that.  Thats really nothing.  So perhaps part of it.

Or it easily could be one shown in advance of a detour (whch would certainly be new) as a way of shocking the teamsadn  being down right before the roadblock and thus she's waiting for Ron to finish so they could U-turn some one.

What do we think?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 16, 2008, 12:20:11 AM »
Or it easily could be one shown in advance of a detour (whch would certainly be new) as a way of shocking the teams and  being down right before the roadblock and thus she's waiting for Ron to finish so they could U-turn some one.

That's what I'm thinking. I think she's waiting for Ron to finish the RB and no team is allowed to uturn until the RB is completed, which also indicates that Ron/Chris are in first because another team would have used it for sure, it is the final leg.

Offline down_with_alli

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Phil is my God
« Reply #231 on: January 16, 2008, 12:24:30 AM »
Well the reason why she has the RB clue in her hand is because maybe that is a part of the RB (final?) task? Like there are different stations for past legs and you have to remember something specific from each leg? If so, it'll be something her, Rachel, and Nick have to do before they continue on?

Now my brain is hurting. ARGH.

ETA: Only reason why I think it's a RB task and the fact that she is doing it is because of the shot where we see TK, Don and Ron standing and waiting for their respective partners.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #232 on: January 16, 2008, 12:29:02 AM »
Well its either part of the logic roadblock or its an unusual U-Turn thats Is either before both detours, or its a device to kill a team moments before the finish line.  WHich if thats the case.  I will be pissed off.

I think I would have a hard time respecting the show for that.  As it is I hate the idea of a "Surprise" U-Turn on the final leg.

And it is absolutely the location of the roadblock, that isn't in question.  In one picture that Puddin posted you can see the wall (the racers all walking around), the big circle.  Below it is a clue box, and to the left hand side is the U-Turn box (you can see the design of the symbol).

SO its at the roadblock.  THe only question is, is it part of the roadblock or a stupid twist at the end of the race?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #233 on: January 16, 2008, 12:33:50 AM »
Slowhatch--you are so warm I can smell the mud! Thanks thatsfunny too--where is that picture taken?

And :welcome2: to the forum SingularStars!

And down with alli: the hotel spoiler was disproved here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,12520.msg248098.html#msg248098  :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #234 on: January 16, 2008, 12:44:49 AM »
Welcome SingularStars :hithere:

Thats not such a bad idea, that the U-Turn is there as a clue to put the Roadblock together so now we think there are 2 roadblocks with the fish cleaning being the other where Chris tells Ron he has to or can do it then she gets stuck doing the last one along with Nick & Rachel.

And peach, I've been looking around the Anchorage & Girdwood areas and there aren't too many pieces of flat, green land like that .. I saw one that was some sort of ball field but it didn't look the same but your golf course might be something to look further into.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #235 on: January 16, 2008, 12:51:49 AM »
Puddin you might have it.  The U-Turn is a dual Roadblock where one partner finishes one part and when finished the other starts the 2nd half.  That isn't so bad, and its actually a cool idea.

I was getting pissed.  But leave it to the pros.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #236 on: January 16, 2008, 12:59:22 AM »
Puddin you might have it.  The U-Turn is a dual Roadblock where one partner finishes one part and when finished the other starts the 2nd half.  That isn't so bad, and its actually a cool idea.

I was getting pissed.  But leave it to the pros.
Actually thats not what I meant but your idea sounds better mswood  :lol:

.........and thatsfunny, yes! something like that!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #237 on: January 16, 2008, 01:47:47 AM »
This shot was taken between 1:32 and 2:40 pm (assumes July 29th).

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #238 on: January 16, 2008, 01:57:57 AM »
Welcome SingularStars!!!!  :waves: :waves: :waves:
Just here to visit.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #239 on: January 16, 2008, 02:10:24 AM »
There are two of those large round canvas disks.  The first one faces North and is against a structure with two castle like turrets and the other faces South and is against a wooden fence.

Each one has a Speed Bump board at it. 

The Cluebox for this Roadblock is at the first one.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #240 on: January 16, 2008, 02:24:14 AM »
Eagle eye! Good job Chateau  :yess:

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #241 on: January 16, 2008, 02:38:35 AM »
HELLO EVERYONE

I've been trying to avoid RFF like the plague this season, so that i didn't get spoiled... but i gave up today haha.
the episodes aren't being youtubed anymore!! i haven't seen the past 2 episodes.. and it's killing my life!
i tried d/ling the torrents but it takes over 2 days to download one episode on my comp.. i have no more options :[
im really sad.

poo.

does anyone here have the ability to upload the last 2 episodes in secret to youtube so i can watch them? haha xx

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #242 on: January 16, 2008, 02:45:17 AM »
Hey! A fellow Red Sox fan!  :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #243 on: January 16, 2008, 02:56:13 AM »
Wrong thread to ask red_sox, try media.

See this looks like a golf course to me anyway ..and since Colby has found that the eliminated teams are staying at Alyeska Resort and peach has shown us pretty pictures of the Anchorage Golf Course this might be where the task/Roadblock takes place?

Offline down_with_alli

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Phil is my God
« Reply #244 on: January 16, 2008, 04:09:34 AM »
So...

Detour: Crabs or Cleaning (fish?)
Roadblock: Super-dooper-giant-memory-one/doing tasks from previous legs in relation to U-turns and Speed Bumps
Additional tasks: Wall climb

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 16, 2008, 06:47:25 AM »
I still don't see how the u-turn "memory" thing will be part of the roadblock. It can't be hard to remember who u-turned who, everybody talked about it.

Offline yikes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #246 on: January 16, 2008, 06:51:46 AM »
I still don't see how the u-turn "memory" thing will be part of the roadblock. It can't be hard to remember who u-turned who, everybody talked about it.

IF they ever did for fear of retaliation.  And it's possible that the lead teams never found that it was used on others. 

Offline down_with_alli

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Phil is my God
« Reply #247 on: January 16, 2008, 07:07:31 AM »

Well it probably serves a similar purpose to those Speed Bump signs as well.

Now if we knew what those purposes actually were  :groan:

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #248 on: January 16, 2008, 07:56:39 AM »
I agree that the "U-turn" sign is really part of a roadblock, just a memory task before the finish line like season 9 finale.

Maybe they have to figure out where does U-turn appear on the race and point out the location on the globe? (I think the round-shaped thing is a globe) This may not be easy since we have seen before that teams do not have good memory as we are.

Offline thatsfunny

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Carpe Diem
« Reply #249 on: January 16, 2008, 08:22:29 AM »
Slowhatch--you are so warm I can smell the mud! Thanks thatsfunny too--where is that picture taken?

Hm...I actually found it online while looking on Google. It's a 360 view of Port of Anchorage, with a view of the Anchorage skyline in behind, I'm supposing.
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom always to tell the difference."