Author Topic: EP 11: The Final Push  (Read 173523 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP 11: The Final Push
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2008, 02:18:47 AM »
King crab I think...

and maybe that is a do something to a salmon? Salmon canning and all is one of the big industries...
Thanks peach, see I would never make a good seafood chef  :angel:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2008, 02:21:39 AM »
Two of my favorite foods! Yum....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2008, 02:22:42 AM »

After looking at the Elimination Station video where the first fime teams eliminated are at the Final end city, based upon their confessionals in their hotel room, it does indeed look like they are at the  The Aleyska Resort.  http://www.alyeskaresort.com/  This is near the Aleyska Golf Course that was mentioned earlier.

His a vidcap of Kate and Pat from the Elimination Station video:

AND here is a picture of a guest room from the Aleyska resort: (notice the light fixture and the locker at the bedside table)

Also, here is another shot of a guestroom.  This time take a look at the chair.

Here's a close up of the chair.

Here is Pat and Kate playing cards: (notice the chair fabric)

With the proximity of this hotel to the golf course, I'd say that the golf course may very well be the final pit stop.  

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2008, 02:25:34 AM »
Good job Colby!  :jumpy: :yess: :jumpy: I've had my eye on that hotel for a while--I think the golf course is 35 miles away? ETA yep...
The Anchorage Golf Course overlooks the Anchorage-bowl area with breath-taking views of Cook Inlet and Mt. McKinley. The Anchorage Golf Course is located 35 miles north of Hotel Alyeska.

MAP! http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll/qscr=dspv/htid=5722/crti=1/hotel-location-map

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 02:41:51 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: January 14, 2008, 02:35:48 AM »
King crab I think...

and maybe that is a do something to a salmon? Salmon canning and all is one of the big industries...
Thanks peach, see I would never make a good seafood chef  :angel:

That is definately a crab Not a lobster, I love seafood and it has to be Salmon as well.
Great job on the golf course GP.
Having stayed in British Columbia and drove through the Rockies I can tell you the mountains are endless and one looks like the next.
But the pic of the golf course is right on!!
Great job guys  :dancer:

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #105 on: January 14, 2008, 02:37:48 AM »
Good job Peach! 

I'm off to bed.  I'm up way past my bedtime.   :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #106 on: January 14, 2008, 02:41:04 AM »
Your good detectives! You got it Colby & peach  :jam:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2008, 02:43:51 AM »
Good job Peach! 

I'm off to bed.  I'm up way past my bedtime.   :lol:

Me too! I wanted to see Chateau's pretty pics but he must be having trouble uploading them..  see y'all tomorrow!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline jovian_w2002

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2008, 06:53:53 AM »
You know Michael D :P  :wohoo: You just might be right about the preview part where Ron and Christina are smiling :yess: . I dont know about you guys, but I think they are racing to the final mat.
:P

Offline malice

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2008, 07:59:09 AM »
Based on previous vid caps I would say that the order we see items being done is the order teams have to do them. 

I have also noticed in the past that the first team they show doing a task usually is the first team at the task.

Timeline:
Fly to Alaska
Detour - Ice climb vs. Something with crabs
Road block - Something with skinning salmon
Go to winning location!

The item that is puzzling is:  What the heck are Ron, Tk and Don waiting for???  Clearly Ron does the roadblock w/salmon.  Are there other tasks that they have to complete this leg?

Also, is the gramps team running to a boat that will take them to the detour? Or from a task that they now have to get the finish line?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2008, 08:26:53 AM »
and here is a video of the golf course--anybody think the scenery looks like the preview??

video link: http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=715966006&channel=716588356

No, I don't. However, they are only showing about 4 holes of 18 in the video but you can't conclude that it isn't the site of part of the preview.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: January 14, 2008, 08:47:00 AM »
Can you take out you embedded video please peach? its killing my pc :P

Kudos to apskip, he was firm in believing that End City would be Alaska  :tup:

APSKIP has indeed believed that leg 11 would have the finish line in Alaska, but I would never have associated it with a city by that name since there is no city by that name. The biggest action in this leg is in the Girdwood area, but I am convinced that the finish line is in the CITY OF ANCHORAGE, which has a mere 1, 697 square miles, making it the city of third largest land area in the United States(also the thrd largest in Alaska since the top two are Sitka and Juneau). If you have ever been to these three(I have had the pleasure), you will know that Sitka is on an island and occupies all of it, Juneau has the massive Mendenhall Glacier within its city limits, and Anchorage has an international airport in the city limits plus an unusual amount of open space for a 250,000 population city - the size of Newark NJ).

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: January 14, 2008, 08:57:26 AM »
YAY for Colby! It is thanks to you that we know so much about the tasks in this episode! :kissy:

Absolutely right. Alaska would have been a logical place to go from Japan or Taiwan, but we knew it with no uncertainty as a result of your information, COLBY. It was invaluable, particularly coming so early in the race. Even if you didn't believe that the finish line was in Alaska, you made a huge contribution. Thanks!

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: January 14, 2008, 09:01:58 AM »
we know colav10.

and anon1akacolby I think puddin meant that apskip was 100% sure that they wont fly anywhere else AFTER alaska while others thought they'd go to alaksa, do tasks, and then go somewhere else.

APKIP was not 100% sure, but when in any doubt use logic. I explained my logic numerous times, so you all should know why I felt the race could not go beyond the Anchorage area(basically there was no time to do so if you made certain assumptions which I felt were appropriate given the "21 days" statement of van Munster).

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: January 14, 2008, 10:13:37 AM »
Phil tells us its a Detour & they look like crabs and what Michael said  :tup:
Someone has crabs?  :lol: :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2008, 10:43:56 AM »
I was thinking that the golf course was much more nearer to the hotel.  Could the area we see in the preview be the ski slopes?  I need to double check but, are the ski slopes near the hotel? 

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #116 on: January 14, 2008, 11:35:37 AM »
on Metropolis Forums a user called TARFAN1 looked at the same thing patlini they were at the top of it as were all previous winners then the Nate and Jenn thing came up and well noone believed her now I am starting to believe her lol!!!!!!!!!!

Puddin in the screencaps Rachel and a few others are in a tank the things in the water are lobsters I believe and it seems to be a roadblock??

The creatures in the tank with TK and Rachel look like King Crabs - they are huge!.  Since they are picking them up and looking at them and then putting them back they probably have to find a message on the back of one of the crabs.

This is one task of the DETOUR (Phil says so on the voice over).

The other task seems to be something to do with gutting fish (Ron and Chris)

The Ice Climb looks like the ROADBLOCK.  We see Chris climbing and Ron cheering her on.  Looks to me that the take the boat to the climb site - note that both Chris and Don are wearing life vests while the climb, the same ones that TK and Rachel have on in their scene in the boat.

My guess is that they take the boat to the climb site, find the clue, and one member of team climbs while the other member gets taken to the top of the glacier.  Ron is looking down at Chris and you can see the water just under her as she starts the climb.

After the climb I think they get the clue that tells them to take the helicopter (you see one behind Ron on the Glacier) to the next location.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #117 on: January 14, 2008, 11:45:17 AM »
Based on previous vid caps I would say that the order we see items being done is the order teams have to do them. 

I have also noticed in the past that the first team they show doing a task usually is the first team at the task.

Timeline:
Fly to Alaska
Detour - Ice climb vs. Something with crabs
Road block - Something with skinning salmon
Go to winning location!

The item that is puzzling is:  What the heck are Ron, Tk and Don waiting for???  Clearly Ron does the roadblock w/salmon.  Are there other tasks that they have to complete this leg?

Also, is the gramps team running to a boat that will take them to the detour? Or from a task that they now have to get the finish line?

I doubt that the DETOUR choice would between finding a King Crab and Climbing an ice wall.  They do not seem to be similar tasks.  Crabs and Salmon seem to be more likely detour tasks.

In the running shot of Chris and Ron; Chris is wearing a blue outfit.  In other shots she is wearing brown. But the blue outfit is the same as she is wearing in the confessional at the end of Ep 10.  Go figure.

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #118 on: January 14, 2008, 11:59:12 AM »

The vidcap has been bothering me.  Why did Rachel drop her stuff and leave TK behind.  She's practically running for her life and he's still back at the taxi.  Aren't they supposed to stay within a few feet of each other at all times?  If this is the race to the end then why is Rachel at full speed and TK has barely moved? 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #119 on: January 14, 2008, 12:56:41 PM »
I get the feeling it has something to do with this scene ~

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #120 on: January 14, 2008, 12:59:49 PM »
so do you think there is a final roadblock before the finish line?

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: January 14, 2008, 01:02:55 PM »
If she's pegging it then are TK and Rachel in the 3rd spot at that time

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2008, 01:10:55 PM »
Actually in the preview when Rachel drops her things you here TK in the background saying "GO GO GO" so he is probably right behind her.

I'm saying this is the run to the finish line:

« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 01:14:13 PM by Michael D »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 14, 2008, 01:19:54 PM »
Actually on second thought the Rachel shot might be the RB scene that puddin posted but the Ron and Chris shot looks very "running to the finish line, smile no matter what" face.

Offline sharkshooter

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #124 on: January 14, 2008, 01:44:24 PM »
Perhaps I have missed it, but, do we know if this week is a 2-hour special?