Archive > The Amazing Race 12 Archive

EP 11: The Final Push

<< < (98/99) > >>

georgiapeach:

--- Quote from: apskip on January 24, 2008, 01:34:36 PM ---It is not logical that the last place team to the boats would become the first time to arrive. those boats are regulated to take a standard course and use a standard speed. It is not logical that any boat could change position in route.

--- End quote ---

Unless of course they became stuck on a sandbar...

anon1akacolby:

--- Quote ---It is not logical that the last place team to the boats would become the first time to arrive. those boats are regulated to take a standard course and use a standard speed. It is not logical that any boat could change position in route.
--- End quote ---

I don't know much about the TwentyMile River area but from reading up at the website, it says there are narrow areas and they have to drive around logs and rocks and such.  Take a look at the website and the video and pictures on there.   http://alaska.org/glaciers/glacier-jet-alaska.jsp

C'mon apskip.  A boat isn't going to take a straight course from point A to B unless of course it is traveling on some sort of fixed line beneath the water which isn't logical.  It's going to encounter obstacles on the way that may have them go left or right. 

I'm only reporting what I was told by the same source that gave us the location and task spoilers that turned out to be true.  This added information is what was told to them by the boat driver that was the source of this spoiler.  It doesn't make sense as to why he would lie to them.   

apskip:
If that were so, Colby , then why were Nicholas and Donald still the last team to begin the ice climb and why was their boat shown in the episode arriving last?

anon1akacolby:

--- Quote ---If that were so, Colby , then why were Nicholas and Donald still the last team to begin the ice climb and why was their boar shown in the episode arriving last?
--- End quote ---

That's what I've been trying to figure out in my head.   Would you like me to go back in my time machine and find out?  How the hell am I supposed to know?  I wasn't there. 

Have you ever heard of editing apskip?  It's pretty standard in the movie business.  In the editing room, anything can be cut and edited to look a certain way.  We've seen in the past how tasks have been omitted and we were unaware and yet on the episode it all looks in sequence. 

Also, if this was considered production glitch and for whatever reason in the rule book they allowed Ron/Christina and TK/Rachel to get back into their #1 and #2 position (time credit),  that would mean they would hold the last team back from starting the climb and have Ron/Christina put back in front....film them arriving first, give them 5, 10, 15 minutes and then have the second team arrive and so on and so forth.  It's impossible for us not involved in the process to figure out.  Also, how do we know if perhaps there wasn't a task before the ice climb that we didn't see?  That could explain it as well.

Chateau d If:

--- Quote ---It's impossible for us not involved in the process to figure out. 
--- End quote ---

Oh ye of little faith!   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version