Author Topic: EP 11: The Final Push  (Read 173541 times)

Offline thatsfunny

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Carpe Diem
Re: EP 11: The Final Push
« Reply #450 on: January 21, 2008, 11:20:05 AM »
Wouldn't the third animal product be the chicken from Burkina Faso?
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom always to tell the difference."

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #451 on: January 21, 2008, 11:33:15 AM »
Wouldn't the third animal product be the chicken from Burkina Faso?

The chicken (from BF) was one of the two items brought or found at the pit stop mat; the other was the old gun from Croatia.  And you could not include more than one item from each leg.,

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #452 on: January 21, 2008, 04:26:36 PM »
It wasn't until after the show that I realized why that man was part of the Roadblock.  I kept wondering why he kept getting on the platform.  I thought maybe he was there to check what they were doing.  I had no idea at the time that he was supposed to be the "cleaning man in Japan".

:lol3: 

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 21, 2008, 04:33:55 PM »
"Are you an Animal?"

LOL  :lol:

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #454 on: January 21, 2008, 05:59:37 PM »
"Are you an Animal?"

yeah at the time I didn't understand why she kept asking him that.   :lol:   

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #455 on: January 21, 2008, 06:26:03 PM »
I'll admit that I had no idea that the dude was part of the Roadblock and thought that he was the clue giver or something ..I think I'll it watch again  :lol: :waves:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 21, 2008, 06:29:39 PM »
LOL I was just watching it again and Rachel is so funny sometimes her mannerisms remind me of a 13 year old.. like in the end when she calls TK her "Favorite person!" it's so funny, I like her.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #457 on: January 21, 2008, 07:17:01 PM »
"Are you an Animal?"
"No! I am a Human Being!"

That's an obscure reference.  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #458 on: January 21, 2008, 07:55:43 PM »
Rachel was pretty smart to think ahead about the final task and remembered other TARs which she had seen and realized it probably would be some kind or rememberance task.  She did the task in pretty short order and got most of it right on the first try.  TK has to be thankful for her, she saved their butts :yess:

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #459 on: January 21, 2008, 07:58:32 PM »
OK, Puddin, TAR 12 is down the tubes!  When are you going to set up threads for TAR13?   :duno: Heck they start shooting in three or four months.  Quote Phil from TES: "We're working on it" :tup:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #460 on: January 21, 2008, 08:16:16 PM »
OK, Puddin, TAR 12 is down the tubes!  When are you going to set up threads for TAR13?   :duno: Heck they start shooting in three or four months.  Quote Phil from TES: "We're working on it" :tup:
You want me to archive all this stuff already? lol!  Gman I think we won't have to wait 3 or 4 months for TAR13 to shoot from what I've been reading :yess:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #461 on: January 21, 2008, 08:23:43 PM »
Yay we are starting TAR 13 Spoilers soon  :wohoo:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #462 on: January 21, 2008, 08:24:20 PM »
I say leave this up for a week or so and then archive it. Lots of good stuff from Peach and Harley coming from TARCon, I'm quite sure of it.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #463 on: January 21, 2008, 09:24:28 PM »
I can move the lucky 13 thread here?

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #464 on: January 21, 2008, 09:26:56 PM »
I can move the lucky 13 thread here?

yes mabey stickey it? and rename it tar13 rumors/spec??? once we get a grip on filming and stuff then do a spoiler thread?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #465 on: January 21, 2008, 09:29:46 PM »
There's a lot of stupid stuff though like someone writing that they already filmed 13 and were in New Zealand or something like like  :res:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #466 on: January 21, 2008, 09:30:36 PM »
There's a lot of stupid stuff though like someone writing that they already filmed 13 and were in New Zealand or something like like  :res:

ok rename it tar13 wishes or lock it up lol

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #467 on: January 21, 2008, 10:01:03 PM »
Wait! No archiving yet please! I need to catch up! :lol:

And TAR 13 is still in the future so....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #468 on: January 21, 2008, 10:15:40 PM »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!  (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;)

My CBS affiliate went late with a Patriots pregame show thus extending the CBS lineup by 15 minutes. This means I don't have the ending of last night's show!!!!!! Why???? Why???? Jerks! Jackasses!!!!! I'm going to drive over to WPRI-TV in Providence and set their building on fire!!!!!!!  :groan: :groan: :groan: :pull :pull :pull :pull :knuckles: :knuckles: :knuckles: :knuckles: :knuckles: :meow: :meow: :meow:
Just here to visit.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #469 on: January 22, 2008, 01:23:21 AM »
B:) Had 5 minutes or so to spare this afternoon, so I got to working out a non-trial-and-error method to solving the Roadblock puzzle, of course neglecting crazy stress, the rule about pencils and a bad memory...

The 15 items are:
Leg 1: Donkey, Tandem Bike
Leg 2: Pole Vault
Leg 3: Camel Milk
Leg 4: Chicken
Leg 5: Stilts
Leg 6: Rowboat, Musket
Leg 7: Blackberry
Leg 8: Propane Cart
Leg 9: Cleaning Man, Flowers
Leg 10: Teacup
Legs 4 and 8 each had a U-Turn. We'll assume we don't know where the bike (single-seater) belongs.

The rules are:
1 item from each leg,
1 U-Turn,
1 mode of transportation involving sticks,
2 items brought to or found at the Pit Stop,
2 modes of transportation with wheels, one of which was used at a Detour and
3 animals or animal by-products

1. The first thing to do, as each team did, is to put up the U-Turn.
2. Next are the legs that have no alternative option (Sudoku!): the Pole Vault, the Camel Milk, the Stilts, the Blackberry and the Teacup.
3. Hmm, we have both the pole vault and the stilts, but only one stick-transport is needed. That means the bicycle (which we left out of consideration earlier) would have to replace one of them. Now there was a bike in Leg 2 but not Leg 5, so the stilts (Leg 5) remain and the pole vault is replaced with the bicycle (Leg 2).

Current items: U-Turn (4 or 8 ), Bicycle (2), Camel Milk (3), Stilts (5), Blackberry (7), Teacup (10)

4. Only two Pit Stop items in the list, and that's the chicken (4) and the musket (6).
5. Since Leg 4 is filled up, the U-Turn belongs in Leg 8, eliminating the propane tank cart.
6. With the propane eliminated, there remain only two modes of transportation with wheels: the bicycle for Leg 2 we have already selected, along with the tandem bike for Leg 1.

Current items: Tandem bicycle (1), Bicycle (2), Camel Milk (3), Chicken (4), Stilts (5), Musket (6), Blackberry (7), U-Turn (8 ), Teacup (10)

7. Well, we do need three animals, so with the milk and the chicken, we do need the cleaning man (9), whether he is considered an animal or not, to fulfil the set.

Current items: Tandem bicycle (1), Bicycle (2), Camel Milk (3), Chicken (4), Stilts (5), Musket (6), Blackberry (7), U-Turn (8 ), Cleaning Man (9), Teacup (10)

Task complete!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 01:28:16 AM by Neobie »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #470 on: January 22, 2008, 07:52:55 AM »
neobie, that is a brilliant analysis. For Rachel, Christina and Nicholas it would have been incredibly stressful and hard to keep the order of the logic clear. They would have tended to solve individual rules, but not look at the necessary order of the elimination or inclusion process. I am not surprised that it took them all well over one hour to solve.

My hats are off to Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri. This is what the Amazing Race promised with AR1, episode 1("The Smoke that Thunders") but seldom has been since. A difficult but relevant puzzle about the objects encountered in AR12 was a master stroke, equal to AR8's map challenge.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #471 on: January 22, 2008, 08:45:55 AM »
Good analysis :jumpy:

But lets keep one thing straight:  it is not a TEACUP, rather it is a Chinese SOUPBOWL.  Chris never called it a teacup when Ron and she arrived at the teahouse, she just said "its hot"

So in order to reach the THREE animals or animal products it must contain something like Chicken or Beef broth!

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #472 on: January 22, 2008, 09:07:37 AM »
Good analysis :jumpy:

But lets keep one thing straight:  it is not a TEACUP, rather it is a Chinese SOUPBOWL.  Chris never called it a teacup when Ron and she arrived at the teahouse, she just said "its hot"

So in order to reach the THREE animals or animal products it must contain something like Chicken or Beef broth!

Was there anything in the rules saying that one item couldn't satisfy multiple category requirements - if so then the chicken could be an animal in addition to a Pit Stop accessory (along with the cleaning man and camel milk). I think the tea was there to fill the every leg requirement, along with the Blackberry.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #473 on: January 22, 2008, 09:13:40 AM »
That was the Best. Roadblock. Evah! And the very best last task to complete the race. When we saw this at Stitch on Sunday, everyone was commenting how the task was challenging and hard and would bunch the teams together. It served its purpose and also forced the teams to give really go back and think about their previous tasks and countries.

If you saw the webclips on CBS.com, you will have noticed Rachel jotting things into her notebook while drinking beer at the Taipei International Airport. And she had a feeling the last task would involve something similar to what we saw on Sunday. Her notes definitely helped her out. The moral of the story, always remember what you did because you may be asked at the end to recall your steps. Great stuff and it will be hard to equal this in future years.
Just here to visit.

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #474 on: January 22, 2008, 10:38:09 AM »

Was there anything in the rules saying that one item couldn't satisfy multiple category requirements - if so then the chicken could be an animal in addition to a Pit Stop accessory (along with the cleaning man and camel milk). I think the tea was there to fill the every leg requirement, along with the Blackberry.

I'm pretty sure Phil said there was only 1 solution for the box to open.  Don't remember how he worded it but he said there were several combinations but only one was right.