Author Topic: EP 11: The Final Push  (Read 174689 times)

Offline thatsfunny

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Carpe Diem
Re: EP 11: The Final Push
« Reply #275 on: January 16, 2008, 07:01:29 PM »
Eureka!!! After watching that vid again and again I noticed that boat name is called "Glacier Jet." They depart daily from the Knik River which is where I found the image of the Port of Anchorage. Also...here's a big one, "Transportation [to the Glacier, possibly may be Matanuska] is provided from the Alyeska Prince Resort in Girdwood upon request only." This is the place where some people had made assumptions of where they are at. I think it all ties in b/c the glacier climb (assuming it is Matanuska), the walkway over mud flats overlooking the Anchorage skyline, and the Alyeska Resort are all relatively near each other, probably about <100 miles, which is no more than 2.5 hours by taxi. I am assuming should they be at the Alyeska Resort, their next possible clue may be to get to the glacier place, and climb.

...Just my opinion.
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom always to tell the difference."

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #276 on: January 16, 2008, 07:42:44 PM »
 :spy: Check the summary on page 1. We're following the work of Peach, who was following the work of Colby.

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #277 on: January 16, 2008, 08:22:00 PM »
Check the summary on page 1. We're following the work of Peach, who was following the work of Colby.

Who is following the word of his co-worker, who heard it from her mom, who was in a a guide/boat driver from Glacier Jet! 

:lol3:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #278 on: January 16, 2008, 09:03:43 PM »
And this is how we came to know all the details...

TAR 12 EP 11 Film permits

click-click slideshow

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 16, 2008, 10:06:09 PM »
Look:

Rachel at the RB doesn't have her sweater on:

But here she does:

Offline SingularStars

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • The ultimate racer.
« Reply #280 on: January 16, 2008, 10:09:15 PM »
Oooh, that's wierd, this leg is confusing to me, haha.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 16, 2008, 10:13:08 PM »
Oooh, that's wierd, this leg is confusing to me, haha.

me too!

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #282 on: January 16, 2008, 10:13:24 PM »
Look:

But here she does:

normal tar 13 legs 12 roadblocks
this tar 11 legs 11 roadblocks, hence we are missing one, so IMO there is 2 roadblocks on the final leg

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 16, 2008, 10:14:17 PM »
Yeah, I think the one of Rachel with the clue to her forehead is the one where all the teams are bunched because shes wearing what she is wearing when running out of the cab.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #284 on: January 16, 2008, 10:15:33 PM »
thatsfunny, I am giving you the same advice I have to several other newbies. Read all the threads back to July 1 before you decide to comment. Frequently things you say will conflict with previously available knowledge if you fail to do this. In your case, "I think it all ties in b/c the glacier climb (assuming it is Matanuska), the walkway over mud flats overlooking the Anchorage skyline, and the Alyeska Resort are all relatively near each other, probably about <100 miles, which is no more than 2.5 hours by taxi. " is kind of redundant with the information from months ago that Girdwood and the Alyeska Resort are about 37 miles from Anchorage International Airport (which is about 5 miles from downtown Anchorage). Put your own differential on for the mud flats. The time should be less than one hour by taxi.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #285 on: January 16, 2008, 10:18:04 PM »
Look:

But here she does:

normal tar 13 legs 12 roadblocks
this tar 11 legs 11 roadblocks, hence we are missing one, so IMO there is 2 roadblocks on the final leg

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #286 on: January 16, 2008, 10:27:58 PM »
So, it looks like all three Roadblockers are stumped by the second Speed Bump board.

It must be a hard question.

Who gets it first?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #287 on: January 16, 2008, 10:29:00 PM »
This shot was taken here (thanks to Peach) between 8:50 and 9:30 am (assumes July 29th).

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 16, 2008, 10:29:47 PM »
I'll hazzard a guess and say Christina finishes first, she's smart -- no offense to Rachel but we have seen that she isn't very bright and we can see in the preview Nick having problems.

wow great job Chateau!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #289 on: January 16, 2008, 10:47:39 PM »
Do you really think Nick saying that hes having a hard time really means hes not doing so good at the RB? Christina is praying so you think shes have an easier time than Nick? Rachel is holding the clue against her forehead thinking?  But I do have to say that Asians are smart, my bf's kids are half Asian and man can they put 2 & 2 together fast, it just comes easy for them.  :meow:

anyway..

This makes no sense? are you saying that shes running to what we think is the final bunched up RB? Do you think she stopped her sprint to put her jacket on? She might have taken her jacket off at the RB at some point but on then off again? I just don't think so, this sprint must be to somewhere esle.

[/quote]

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 16, 2008, 10:49:26 PM »
thats what im saying puddin, it makes no sense that she has her sweater!

Offline thatsfunny

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Carpe Diem
« Reply #291 on: January 16, 2008, 11:05:48 PM »
thatsfunny, I am giving you the same advice I have to several other newbies. Read all the threads back to July 1 before you decide to comment. Frequently things you say will conflict with previously available knowledge if you fail to do this. In your case, "I think it all ties in b/c the glacier climb (assuming it is Matanuska), the walkway over mud flats overlooking the Anchorage skyline, and the Alyeska Resort are all relatively near each other, probably about <100 miles, which is no more than 2.5 hours by taxi. " is kind of redundant with the information from months ago that Girdwood and the Alyeska Resort are about 37 miles from Anchorage International Airport (which is about 5 miles from downtown Anchorage). Put your own differential on for the mud flats. The time should be less than one hour by taxi.

Ah...I'm afraid you have just witnessed one of my many moments of being lost in a trance, going aloof, and making myself look somewhat resourceful. Eh..you'll find that a lot with me. I wasn't trying to prove anyone wrong, but more so prove to myself something, which I have no clue what it is. No worries..I'm adapting myself into reading from the beginning first- one of the many reasons why I get marked off in school. 
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom always to tell the difference."

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 16, 2008, 11:14:06 PM »
don't worry lmao, a lot of people don't have enough time to go back and read posts from July 1st

Offline thatsfunny

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Carpe Diem
« Reply #293 on: January 16, 2008, 11:22:13 PM »
don't worry lmao, a lot of people don't have enough time to go back and read posts from July 1st

haha You got that right..darn AP classes...Also, I'm not that great with the 21st century internet lingo so I don't really get what your acronyms mean (ie lmao, or rofl, or everything else people use). I just know "lol," though over the several years I've been on forums it has come to mean "I acknowledge your statement, though it was not by any means hilarious"

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 16, 2008, 11:24:45 PM »
haha, lmao = laughing my ass off

Offline thatsfunny

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Carpe Diem
« Reply #295 on: January 16, 2008, 11:53:19 PM »
haha, lmao = laughing my ass off

No acronym holds any hilarity in it anymore. Lmao is just another misspelling of "Lame-o"

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #296 on: January 16, 2008, 11:55:51 PM »
Back on topic guys... ;D

There are two of those large round canvas disks.  The first one faces North and is against a structure with two castle like turrets and the other faces South and is against a wooden fence.

Each one has a Speed Bump board at it. 

The Cluebox for this Roadblock is at the first one.

A turrent thingy:

Alyeska Roundhouse:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #297 on: January 17, 2008, 12:15:11 AM »
Hold on Peach!

I'm just talking about this thing:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #298 on: January 17, 2008, 12:23:25 AM »
Shoot!  :lol: :lol3: :lol:

Back to the drawing board... :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #299 on: January 17, 2008, 12:32:47 AM »
Rachel takes off the green jacket during her try at the Roadblock.  The shot of her pensively holding the Roadblock papers is with out the jacket.

If the Roadblock consists of answering questions at each Speed Bump board then shes got one down and one to go in this shot.

And is sweating out the completion of the second part here