Author Topic: EP 11: The Final Push  (Read 173534 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: EP 11: The Final Push
« Reply #150 on: January 14, 2008, 10:20:31 PM »
I think the only Christina and Ron's shot is at the finish line, Rachel and TK appear to be at the task where all the teams are bunched -- the bushes in the background match the shot of the three racers starnding together.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #151 on: January 14, 2008, 10:24:03 PM »
If you've ever watched Deadliest Catch, you know the crab-grab isn't on a commercial boat. Maybe a university station, like Chile?
As far as the mud flats go, forget about it; they're everywhere around Anchorage.
Ah, the mud flats. Anchorage has the second highest tides in the world, over 40' vertically. You can watch the tide coming in and out, it's actually entertaining. And when it's out, a long wet clay bed is exposed, a fetid blue wasteland stretching anywhere from 1/4 mile to 1/2 mile from shore. As children we're admonished with stories of tourists and children who wander out on the mud flats, get stuck, and die, killed by the incoming tide. More than an old wive's tale, this actually does happen every few years, usually to tourists.
(source)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #152 on: January 14, 2008, 11:15:03 PM »
Has there ever been a time in TAR history where a team THOUGHT they were coming in first in the finale but weren't?

Just thinking because the previews lately have been throwing us off and pulling us in the wrong direction in thinking who's in which place at the time of the scene.

Frank and Margarita? I think she realized they were second right near the mat. (The opposite of this is Flo thinking she was second behind Ken/Gerard right until Phil goes into his 40,000 mile speech).
That's exactly right, Margarita was on the 7 train in NY practically counting the money when on the run to the Finish Line, she heard the cheering and realized it was for Rob & Brennan and not them.
Just here to visit.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: January 14, 2008, 11:38:34 PM »
Has there ever been a time in TAR history where a team THOUGHT they were coming in first in the finale but weren't?

Just thinking because the previews lately have been throwing us off and pulling us in the wrong direction in thinking who's in which place at the time of the scene.

Frank and Margarita? I think she realized they were second right near the mat. (The opposite of this is Flo thinking she was second behind Ken/Gerard right until Phil goes into his 40,000 mile speech).
That's exactly right, Margarita was on the 7 train in NY practically counting the money when on the run to the Finish Line, she heard the cheering and realized it was for Rob & Brennan and not them.
Also Kelly & Jon thought from the stadium to the bike's that they were ahead (there were three clues when they found it.  It wasn't until they got to the bikes and saw fresh tracks that they realized they weren't first.

Season one was odd in that they really didn't have anything to do in New York, just get to the route marker and then the Pit Stop, no roadblock, no detour, nadda.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #154 on: January 14, 2008, 11:44:21 PM »
LoL I hated Frank and Margarita  :pull
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #155 on: January 15, 2008, 12:50:31 AM »
If you've ever watched Deadliest Catch, you know the crab-grab isn't on a commercial boat. Maybe a university station, like Chile?
As far as the mud flats go, forget about it; they're everywhere around Anchorage.
Ah, the mud flats. Anchorage has the second highest tides in the world, over 40' vertically. You can watch the tide coming in and out, it's actually entertaining. And when it's out, a long wet clay bed is exposed, a fetid blue wasteland stretching anywhere from 1/4 mile to 1/2 mile from shore. As children we're admonished with stories of tourists and children who wander out on the mud flats, get stuck, and die, killed by the incoming tide. More than an old wive's tale, this actually does happen every few years, usually to tourists.
(source)

I was at the Deadliest Catch place today Slowhatch but I had no luck but I think your on to something and might have better luck than I did~
http://www.alaskapacific.edu/

eta: http://www.sfos.uaf.edu/smc/
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 12:53:48 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2008, 10:55:35 AM »

Grandfather/Grandson teammates Nick (left) and Don travel via Jet Boat to 20-mile Glacier where they will ice-climb the glacier wall to a waiting helicopter on THE AMAZING RACE 12 Sunday.

TK performs a Detour in which teams must descend into the hull of a crab boat and search among 500 crabs for one of twenty with a Race-colored target on its underbelly in order to receive their next clue on THE AMAZING RACE 12 Sunday

Father/daughter teammates Ronald and Christina begin the last leg in the race for the one million dollar prize on THE AMAZING RACE 12 Sunday
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 01:29:05 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #157 on: January 15, 2008, 11:22:43 AM »
First clue is to fly to Anchorage Alaska, judging from Christina's expression.

I get these things right all the time don't I?    :lol3:

And everybody will be able to catch this flight:  China Air 012, leaving at 4:15 pm

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2008, 11:23:51 AM »
First clue is to fly to Anchorage Alaska, judging from Christina's expression.

I get these things right all the time don't I?    :lol3:

And everybody will be able to catch this flight:  China Air 012, leaving at 4:15 pm

yup, i guess they couldnt get on the flight that arrives at 7:00am? or was that out of service?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2008, 11:34:49 AM »
I just put up the flight that Airwise generated for me a long time ago.  Back when we first heard about Taipei.  Airwise is giving the 7:50 am flight now.  Airwise is a little flaking in that way.

However, the one that you get now does not depart and arrive with the flight duration allowed.  That is to say the Airwise time calculation is messed up.  So I figure the version I got a few months ago is more reliable.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #160 on: January 15, 2008, 11:36:12 AM »
I just put up the flight that Airwise generated for me a long time ago.  Back when we first heard about Tiapei.  Airwise is giving the 7:50 am flight now.  Airwise is a little flaking in that way.

However, the one that you get now does not depart and arrive with the flight duration allowed.  That is to say the Airwise time calculation messed up.  So I figure the version I got a few months ago is more reliable.

ahh i see. i was just wondering if they took the safe flight as the tar9 final 3 thats all

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #161 on: January 15, 2008, 11:39:54 AM »
This flight is the only one.  It is the one that Apskip has been fingering as the way teams arrive in Anchorage.  We just see various dressings of it thanks to the way Airwise accesses its data base.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #162 on: January 15, 2008, 01:15:00 PM »
Great Pics Puddin!!  :tup:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #163 on: January 15, 2008, 01:18:58 PM »

Grandfather/Grandson teammates Nick (left) and Don travel via Jet Boat to 20-mile Glacier where they will ice-climb the glacier wall to a waiting helicopter on THE AMAZING RACE 12 Sunday.

TK performs a Detour in which teams must descend into the hull of a crab boat and search among 500 crabs for one of twenty with a Race-colored target on its underbelly in order to receive their next clue on THE AMAZING RACE 12 Sunday

Father/daughter teammates Ronald and Christina begin the last leg in the race for the one million dollar prize on THE AMAZING RACE 12 Sunday

Gee, Puddin, we do all the sleuthing before CBS tells us that we are right on: Teams take jet boat to the glacier and then both team members must climb the ice wall to receive clue and chopper off into the wild blue yonder.  Also they confirm that one task in the Detour is search among king crabs to find clue on the back or belly of one of them. 

So what is the other task of the Detour?  Something both team members must do with Salmon?

And what is the Roadblock which Chris, Rachel and Nick seem to be doing?

And by the way, TV Guide must have had real advance info about the finale since they had pictures of the three final teams in the mag which arrived yesterday which means it was printed sometime last week before ep 10 aired.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 01:24:28 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #164 on: January 15, 2008, 01:41:31 PM »
Oh I have to get to the mail box Gman, tvguide should be there today.

I'm trying to convince myself that Christina is holding a red ticket and now I think I see it and like Michael said the fish cleaning might just be the Roadblock. Maybe the ice climb is something all teams have to do afterall?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: January 15, 2008, 01:44:25 PM »
GMAN said "And by the way, TV Guide must have had real advance info about the finale since they had pictures of the three final teams in the mag which arrived yesterday which means it was printed sometime last week before ep 10 aired."

Yeah, it's hard when CBS and TV Guide only have 5 months to get those pictures ready.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 15, 2008, 01:46:36 PM »
Another reason I think it's a road block is that I just can't see Christina standing off to the side not helping her dad.

Offline teufel

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #167 on: January 15, 2008, 02:02:31 PM »
Why is Christina wearing three different shirts in this leg?  :umn:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 15, 2008, 02:04:38 PM »
Well, they begin in a warm climate so she probably puts on her jacket before going to Alaska (the red/black one)

then she probably gets wet so she cahnges into her blue shirt, OR it's an hours of operation or something so the race doesn't begin until the next day?

Do we think the race ends towards the evening or early in the day?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #169 on: January 15, 2008, 02:33:19 PM »
This looks like the same path~

« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 02:38:10 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #170 on: January 15, 2008, 02:35:01 PM »
tvguide~

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 15, 2008, 02:35:10 PM »
That's not a happy face nick!

OK that's almost guaranteed to be the finish line IMO.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #172 on: January 15, 2008, 02:39:31 PM »
That's not a happy face nick!

OK that's almost guaranteed to be the finish line IMO.

Like they know they are last and take the time to put on their backpacks and such?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 15, 2008, 02:42:34 PM »
well I guess it depends on how far the run to the finish line is from the taxi -- it's weird if it's a long run and they decide to keep their bags on the entire time, it might NOT be the finish line, but in the shot of Christina neither her nor Ron have the bag and both are sprinting.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 15, 2008, 02:45:38 PM »
oh and I noticed in the shot of Rachel running there is no high road in the background.

Could that be the sight of the task where we see all the teams bunched instead of the finish line? They may be two different locations.