Archive > The Amazing Race 12 Archive

EP 11: The Final Push

(1/99) > >>

Kogs:
airs 1/20
The three remaining teams race to the finish line, with the first-place pair winning the $1 million top prize. Phil Keoghan is the host.

Nicolas Fulks and Donald Jerousek/Grandson-Grandfather in the final 6  --Dubrovnik --Alaska??

Jennifer Parker and Nathan Hagstrom/Dating -- Taiwan?-- Winners? X

:bar:
Girdwood, Alaska on July 29th in this thread , first brought to us by anon1akacolby and PDF documents posted by peach and the Amazing Race detectives.

anon1akacolby :
*I just received an IM from a co-worker asking me when the next TAR is going to be on.
*"yup, at least part of it was in alaska.  2 of the people who did tours my parents went on this past week particpated in part of it up there.
 one was a guide up a glacier or something like that and one drove a boat up a river that was use."
*"girdwood was the city.  she couldn't remember the name of the glacier."
*At first I took that to mean that alaska was on their way to the final destination.  But I asked her if she meant that Alaska is
Possibly the final destination.  **She said:
"i think so, she said she only remembers him mentioning 3 boats (not sure if it was 3 boats besides his or including his)."

peach:
*We know that the leg was filmed on July 29, 2007. (And since we also know that the race was completed no later than August 3 and probably a day or so earlier, that makes this one of the last possible legs.)
*The leg was filmed in the Chugach National Forest on the Twenty Mile River and on the Twenty Mile River Glacier.
*Teams travelled on the Twenty Mile River in boats provided by Glacier Jet, starting at Glacier Jets' launch site (eyewitness source).  See a sample river tour video HERE (thanks Slowhatch for the links!).  Sample River photos here.
*They did an ice climb on the Twenty Mile River Glacier with technical support provided by The Ascending Path. (link thanks to Colby!)

puddin:
Clues~

DON/NICOLAS, TK/RACHEL AND RON/CHRISTINA HAVE ONE FINAL LEG FOR THE ONE MILLION DOLLAR PRIZE

The Remaining Three Teams Compete in the Final Leg During the Season Finale

*The last three Teams set off on their final leg,
*as one Team that typically works well together experiences their first clash,
*and another Team misreads a vital clue that threatens their position
*In a final Amazing Race leg unlike any homestretch before it, the Racers are surprised to learn upon checkout that their next flight is their last for the entire race: the entire leg, all the way through the finish line, will play out in the city, the wilderness, by the ocean, on glaciers, and in the national parks of Alaska.
*One often combative Team comes together, while one usually cohesive Team clashes.
*One Team misreads a vital clue. Will this lead to the Team's downfall?
*After 10 cities, 4 continents, and nearly 30,000 miles, who will cross the finish line first and win the one million dollar prize?

Teams leaving the C.S.K. Memorial Hall pitstop in Taipei, Taiwan--all teams should be on the same flight

TASK
We think one of the first tasks of the day might be to retrieve a clue at the Anchorage Docks, Slowhatch provides a link here

Thanks to CBS we now know that the Ice Climb is something all teams must do and thanks to Chateau we know it is early on:
teams travel via Jet Boat to 20-mile Glacier where they will ice-climb the glacier wall to a waiting helicopter
But we already knew that thanks Colby & peach (see first post of this thread for a summary)

Chateau d if: This shot was taken here (thanks to Peach) between 8:50 and 9:30 am (assumes July 29th).
Editing would make it seem that Ron & Chris are first to this task

Followed by Rachel & TK

Ron & Nick

Detour
Thanks to CBS we know this is one of the Detour choices :
Detour in which teams must descend into the hull of a crab boat and search among 500 crabs for one of twenty with a Race-colored target on its underbelly in order to receive their next clue

Chateau d if: This shot was taken between 9:00 and 9:33 am (assumes July 29th).

Fish cleaning, Roadblock #1? or Detour choice? Much debate about this..

It appears that Chris is holding the red roadblock clue and she is telling Ron "you can do this"

Roadblock #2? Before the finish line? Puzzle? No matter we know this is a Roadblock

Nick

Rachel

Chris

Ron/ TK/ Don watch , Ron yells "the stress is ON!"
Misc~
Chateau d if:   1:32 to 2:40 pm  ( Rachel & TK taxi )

Don comes down on Nick for mis-reading a clue

running running ---------

apskip:
The weekly Travel magazine of the Newark Star-Leger has this within an article:

Anchorage in April

"...April celebrations include the Sushi Cup, with crazy ski and snowboard competitions at nearby Alyeska Resort. Or catch the Arctic Man & Snow Go Classic, which combines downhill skiing with snowmobile races."

Alyeska Resort is in Girdwood.

apskip:
If you read RealityWanted.net, there is a good interview with Kynt and Vyxsin. Kynt ends it with a statement that "the next 3 episodes(meaning the final 3) are all going to be "nail-biters". I can't use that word to describe what happened in Osaka, but I can apply that expectation to both Taipei and Alaska.

patlini:

--- Quote from: apskip on January 07, 2008, 02:26:02 PM ---If you read RealityWanted.net, there is a good interview with Kynt and Vyxsin. Kynt ends it with a statement that "the next 3 episodes(meaning the final 3) are all going to be "nail-biters". I can't use that word to describe what happened in Osaka, but I can apply that expectation to both Taipei and Alaska.

--- End quote ---

I dunno, i found the race for first place last night to be plenty nail biting...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version