Author Topic: JONATHAN PENNER - Returning Favorite  (Read 5178 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
JONATHAN PENNER - Returning Favorite
« on: January 03, 2008, 05:32:59 PM »

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 07:55:26 PM by puddin »

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: JONATHAN PENNER - Returning Favorite
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 06:56:37 PM »

Jonathan
SURVIVOR: COOK ISLANDS
Home Town:
Los Angeles, CA
Writer/Producer

A native of New York, Jonathan Penner is a writer/producer for film and television. He and his wife, Stacy, have developed numerous projects including "The Last Supper," "The Lone Ranger," "Let the Devil Wear Black" and the 1994 Oscar-nominated for Best Short Film, Live Action, "Down On The Waterfront" (which he co-produced, co-wrote and starred in with Jason Alexander, Ed Asner and Mike Starr). He also worked as an actor and had a series regular role on "Grapevine," on CBS, "The Naked Truth" and "Rude Awakening." He also made guest-starring appearances in various series including CSI: and "The Nanny," both on CBS, as well as "Seinfeld" and "Arrested Development." Additionally, he is a producer/writer/director.

Penner attended the prestigious Phillips Andover prep school in Andover, Massachusetts, and went on to receive his Bachelor of Arts degree from Sarah Lawrence College in Bronxville, New York.

Penner enjoys reading, traveling, cooking, theater, moves and track/field.

Penner currently resides in Los Angeles with his wife of 16 years, director Stacy Title, and their two children, Cooper and Ava. They have one bunny, Angel Cake, and two lizards, Mozilla and Luna. His birth date is March 5, 1962.

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Watch out, I will chop you!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 03:37:14 PM »
 :waves:
Ironically Jonathan Penner was also in a film called The Last Supper in 1995.

When Pete (Eldard), one of five friends who share an Iowa house, invites Zack (Paxton), a man who gave him a lift home in for supper, the night turns suddenly sour when Zack irrationally attacks Pete, but is killed by the other friends. After this episode, the friends suggest that, having ridden the world of one bad person, they should continue to do the same thing every Sunday night at supper.  Written by Jonathan Broxton {j.w.broxton@sheffield.ac.uk}

A group of five graduate student roommates in Iowa fall into a descent that leads to murder after an accidental meeting leads them to search out extremists in the local community. Written by ALan Jay at the London Film Festival

I wonder if he and Michael B. know each other?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113613/
Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...AMEN..!!

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 09:31:18 AM »
interesting find blondie

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 01:21:11 AM »
I was so sad that Penner had to leave the game due to his leg, it certainly was swollen and ugly and it was the right decision as his health is so important.  But what happens now, he was fun to watch.  Poor James is left with so many ladies now. 

Offline ColoApache

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 08:20:36 AM »
I was really liking him this time around .  :'(
Life's to short. Let's drink the good wine now!!!!!!!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 11:13:50 AM »
:welcome2: ColoApache! We are glad you are joining us! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 06:07:59 PM »
EXCELLENT fans of reality TV interview w/ Jonathan AND Chet!!    :jumpy: :jumpy:

What was your impression of the other tribe?

Jonathan: We from the Favorites had no idea what the hell was going on. We couldn’t figure out why they were voting the way they were voting, what the dynamic was, who was running the show there, and it seems like nobody was. They were at a tremendous disadvantage because we had this year’s worth of experience between the ten of us. So we hit the beach and had fire within a day. Yau-Man used his glasses. I wasn’t there, and I came back and there was fire going. It was incredible – we found a cave! We built two shelters before we found the cave. Blah, blah. So we were rested, we were fed, whereas they weren’t. And it sounds like from what Chet’s saying that two hours on the beach, they were saying, “Okay, you’re the old folks. One of you is going first. You decide which one it’s going to be.” This is not how you win the game of Survivor. They may be fans, but we would literally come back to our beach and say, “Fans of what? They watched three episodes and they called themselves fans?” Anyone who had really watched the show would not have conducted themselves that way, I believe.

Chet: I agree. I was on that tribe and I didn’t know what the hell was going on. They never bothered to find out anything about any one of us – what our abilities were, what our negativities were. They just decided right away who was going to go. I think they were so caught up into Survivor and in their mind Survivor was only who was getting voted out. Not who was going to live and stay on. We won the flint in the first day, but we never had fire because they wore the flint down to the point where there was no flint left. (Jonathan laughing) We still didn’t have a fire. It took them four days to build a floor to the shelter. They didn’t realize a floor will keep you dry – a floor goes underneath you. So Tracy, Kathy and I built the shelter, which they turned into, “We pulled ourselves from the tribe.”

Jonathan: Tell them what you were telling me about the machete and the water and the insanity that was going on over there.

Chet: They would sometimes hide the machete so people couldn’t use it. Certain people were like the machete police – if they didn’t see it in their vision all the time they wondered who had the machete. The water – Tracy, Kathy or I would get it together or go separately because we had to get away from that group sometimes. It wasn’t necessarily Joel or any one group. Natalie and Alexis were not involved in that whatsoever. They may have been with their alliances but they weren’t the ones who were openly doing it. Jason, Mikey B, Joel to an extent. People were afraid of Joel. For God’s sakes, look at him! (Jonathan laughing) Whatever he said, people thought that was the way it had to go. But if people had just opened up their minds, and watched what was going on. It’s like when I coach my pageant girls, I say you can tell who wins the pageant if you sit back and watch the pageant. You can tell who’s going to win. And they would not sit back and watch the game.

Loads more here:

http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/official-articles/72940-survivor-micronesia-interview-chet-jonathan.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 06:16:16 PM »
And another! Buddy TV:

Jonathan and Chet:

Despite talk of blindsiding Ozzy at that night’s tribal council, Chet said that it never would have happened as his fate had already been sealed. “It was a done deal,” he admitted. “I would’ve been pulled off by the medical team because of the infection in my foot. I could’ve gone through with everyone and hope that they were trying to vote out Ozzy but I didn’t want to just disappear from the game. I’m one of the few Survivors in history who can say, ‘The tribal council that I got voted out was probably one of the most beautiful days of my life’.”

Jonathan may have had to leave the game early due to reasons beyond his control but he is still proud of the way that he played. His best strategic move, in his mind, was “winning as many challenges as I did. I was part of eight winning challenges and that helped solidify my position as a leader and a strong player on my tribe.” His parting words with BuddyTV were for the readers not to count the fans out just yet. “It’s a long game,” he said.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/survivor/exclusive-interview-jonathan-p-17680.aspx
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 09:39:17 AM »
And another: Reality TV World

Reality TV World:  What was going through your mind when you met with Dr. Jessica Sartini following the Reward Challenge?

Jonathan:  Well I've got to tell you what happened because it didn't get on camera.  She unwrapped my leg -- which she had wrapped two days before -- and puss just poured out of my leg.

Reality TV World:  Geez...

Jonathan:  She just said, "Nope.  That's it.  You're done."

Reality TV World:  So there was no scenario where you might have been able to remain in the game at that point?

Jonathan:  No.  I certainly fought them on it until she just said -- and this is what they did show on camera -- I said, "Look, I'm not quitting the game.  I don't want to leave the game." 

She said, "Jonathan, you are going to go to the hospital.  You can either go on your own two legs now, or you can wait about 12 to 24 hours and this will go into your bloodstream -- it will be sepsis -- and we will take you out of here on a stretcher because that's the only way you're going to be able to get out of here.  Then you will really be in serious, serious trouble."

That was the deciding factor.

Reality TV World:  What happened once you were evacuated?  Did you immediately go to the hospital? How long did your recovery take?

Jonathan:  I was immediately taken to the hospital, operated on the next day.  I was put on IV antibiotics for a week.  Then I was operated on again later.  The whole thing took about... Oh gosh I don't know.  Probably 20, 21 days.  Then I came home and I've been under a doctor's care since then.  My leg is feeling better.

More here:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-jonathan-penner-dishes-on-survivor-micronesia-experience-6734.php
RFF's Golden Rule: