Author Topic: TRACY HUGHES-WOLF - Rookie  (Read 4374 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
TRACY HUGHES-WOLF - Rookie
« on: January 03, 2008, 05:22:09 PM »

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 08:05:25 PM by puddin »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: TRACY HUGHES-WOLF - Rookie
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 06:16:16 PM »

Tracy
SURVIVOR: MICRONESIA
Home Town:
Fredericksburg, VA
Commercial and Residential Builder

Tracy Hughes-Wolf is a commercial and residential builder. She formerly worked as a fitness studio owner and did some acting and modeling. She attended some college at Chowan College in Murfreesboro, North Carolina and Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia, before dropping out to start her own aerobic workout company.

Hughes-Wolf's hobbies include scuba diving, skiing (snow and water), rollerblading, parachuting and kayaking. She describes herself as charismatic, funny and fit. She believes her resourcefulness, athletic ability, resilience, and competitive, yet forgiving, nature will help her on SURVIVOR. She is a member of the Aerobic and Fitness Association of America and is a Room Mother at Fredericksburg Academy when she can fit it in her schedule.

Hughes-Wolf currently resides in Fredericksburg, Virginia with her husband of 10 years, Phillip, and their children, Madison and Abigail. They have two Boston terriers, Elliot and Eleanor, and one hamster, Wesley. Her birth date is July 9, 1964.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 12:18:30 PM »

“I Wish the Fans Had Been More Strategic” – An Interview with Survivor: Micronesia’s Tracy
by David Bloomberg -- 03/20/2008

Tracy tried to oust Ozzy for two weeks running, but was foiled each time. Did she feel like Chet left her in the lurch? Did he explain why he wouldn’t help her with the vote last week? What does she think of Joel? And why did she spend her tenth anniversary on Exile Island? Tracy answers all of these questions and more in this exclusive RealityNewsOnline interview!

Tracy generally seemed to understand the mechanics of strategy on Survivor. So how did she end up among the outcasts on her tribe? Why did she align with Chet? And what did she think of Kathy leaving the game? Tracy explains all that and much more right here.

RealityNewsOnline: Hello, Tracy, and thanks for taking the time to talk to RealityNewsOnline! Starting at the beginning, what was your strategy coming into the game?

Tracy: I’m a woman builder, so I come out of the gates pretty strong. I thought about it and said I have to sit back at the beginning. I did tell Alexis, Natalie, Erik, and Chet I was a builder but didn’t insist I do anything. I was trying to lay back and not be domineering, but we were ousted from the beginning. We were completely put aside, so strategy change right there.

RNO: That leads right to my next question, which is how that strategy changed as the game went on?

Tracy: The whole immunity idol thing that Kathy got, that made us targets. We never had a tribe of ten, ever. The youngin’s were like, “You’re over here, the three oldest.” We even fought for machete time, we had to get permission to get the machete.

The strategy was to bond with Kathy and Chet and to keep their spirits up and keep fighting. The first ploy was to get rid of Mikey B because he said I was the first to go. He felt Kathy had the immunity idol, she would probably give it to Chet, so they’d vote for me because Chet wouldn’t fight [later]. So every moment I tried to get rid of Mikey B. I even confronted him on it, but he didn’t come clean on it. That moment that was my first step because A) I can’t trust him and B) he wants to take me out.

RNO: Moving to the switched-up tribes, once you helped vote out Joel, putting the Fans a person down on the tribe, did you expect to be picked off one by one?

Tracy: I didn’t. I knew that was 90% of the way it was going to go. But I’m an optimist and I really believed I had a chance to turn it around. Ami was clearly not trusting Cirie.

When we picked new tribes, I always remembered how they pick and I knew not to listen to the person beside you. I knew Cirie had once turned on Ami. I really wanted Eliza because she’s so damned good at the puzzles, I should have picked Eliza. I had no idea Ami was going to flop. I should not have picked Cirie. I assumed if we merged, [Ami] and Eliza would team up. I couldn’t flip Cirie, she just wouldn’t budge.

When we first merged, Joel flipped instantly and had a long conversation with Ozzy. I went to Joel and said, “You can’t trust these people.” He flipped quickly. I said, “We’re the fans; if you leave us, we’re done.” He said we gotta take out the weak [over and over again]. If I heard that one more time I was going to vomit. The game is mental, there are so many facets to the game.

I remember overhearing Amanda talking to Cirie saying, “Joel just creeps me out.” Joel didn’t know people saw him that way. He was a little scary at times, you couldn’t predict his mood or temperament. I said, “Joel, you’re going first. Just let’s lock the votes and let me go in a fire challenge with Ozzy.” I grew up with a wood stove, I’m damned good at it. Nope, he wouldn’t hear of it. “We’re taking out Chet.” If that’s the road you’re going down, let’s take you out.

I tried to buy myself some more time. I wish the Fans had been more strategic and really thought… they watched the game and were history buffs on Survivor. I don’t get some of the choices.

RNO: Did Chet explain to you why he wouldn’t go along with your plan to blindside Ozzy at the last vote, and then leave?

Tracy: Chet was very very sick. I dragged him along – he needed to go. We got to the immunity challenge on the stilts and he said, “Medical wanted to take me out but I asked them to please let me do the challenge.” I was so hoping he would go that way. I know he was sick, but it is my opinion it would have been better – of course for me – for him to go out medically. But he really wanted to go through the Tribal process. I can respect his opinion but we begged him for two hours and then I started on Cirie.

RNO: Do you feel that he left you in the lurch?

Tracy: I felt that it just would have been so much sweeter to take out Ozzy.

People ask me all the time, “Why did you bond with Chet?” Did I have a choice? They wouldn’t let me in. I tried to save Mary and get Mikey out first. Joel was screaming and exploded that Chet was leaving. Then he turned around again. I don’t get it. We were still three, we were still a vote. We were never looked upon as being strong. We had to do everything to get Mikey out. Joel would have these outbursts that would freak people out a bit. People got a little scared a bit. In the Malakal tribe, in a moment they didn’t show, he was sharpening the knives, his hair hanging down, and Cirie looked over at me saying, “Amityville horror over there.” He had everybody there not knowing what he was going to do. So the Malakal tribe really wanted him out.

RNO: What did you think of Kathy quitting?

Tracy: You know, they didn’t show this because there’s not enough time. At Exile Island, it was my ten year anniversary, and I spent it with Jason. We had a monsoon coming down, out on Exile Island [the same one Kathy faced, but the tribe had a cave]. I talked to Jason. He told me he had the idol, which we now know is Ozzy’s. I convinced him to throw challenges. He was going to go back and get Kathy to look at me and wink, and Kathy and Eliza and Jason would take out James. I had no idea, I show up and look up when Jeff explains what happened, and I say oh my gosh. Jason shakes his head and says I can’t throw it.

It was a really bad day for Tracy. We had Ami and Eliza and it was beautiful and we didn’t see any of that. There just wasn’t enough time. I was pissed. I wish she could have held on.

Had [Jonathan] Penner not gone out, she wouldn’t have quit. I remember we were talking and Kathy was sleeping alone and Penner was going over to Kathy and Jason was like, come by us. But Penner was like no, she’s all alone. When he left, she couldn’t keep it together, she didn’t have anybody. She needed somebody there, she needed somebody who cared for her and gave her support. When he left, it was over.

RNO: Did you think Ami’s plan had a chance of working?

Tracy: Absolutely. It was a great plan. Ami is very loyal. I love Ami. She’s a loving person and you can trust her. She just hates to get over on people, it’s a real hard thing for her to actually lie. She was loyal to Ozzy. But Ozzy’s not to be trusted.

RNO: Why didn’t you argue to go on the reward trip instead of Exile Island, especially given your lack of rewards to that point?

Tracy: Because Ozzy wouldn’t hear of it. Ozzy was the dictator of the tribe. Erik goes, “You’ve got to do this.” Ozzy needed to shampoo his hair. James said, “I cannot believe Ozzy is not letting her go wash her hair.” Ozzy said, “You’ve got to take this hit for the tribe.” But this was an Herbal Essence reward; it was for women. Everyone looks at me and says you’ve got to listen to Ozzy. Jeff said I could fight it, but I [didn’t want to]. So I went to spend my ten year anniversary at Exile Island with Jason.

RNO: I know you have to run, so do you have anything else you’d like to tell us about your time on Survivor?

Tracy: It was just a great experience. Anybody who thinks about doing the show should go out for it. It’s a mind game and is harder to play than anybody could imagine. I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

RNO: Thanks again, Tracy!

David Bloomberg is the Editor of RealityNewsOnline and can be reached at RNO@pobox.com.

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=4&article=article7813.art&page=1

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 12:59:48 PM »
still do not get a happy feeling from her.  SHe is a woman version of Joel.  I think she is one the needs to prove she can do things as a woman.  I also think she had a smirk on her face too much and people did not feel comfortable with her.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 09:42:26 PM »
TV Guide Interview w/Tracy and Kathy:

TVGuide.com: Tracy, did you ever foresee your three-person alliance with Chet collapsing the way it did?
Tracy: I knew that Chet was sick and I knew that Kathy was having a hard time, but I was hoping that we could last. I was starting to form my new alliance with Ami and when I went to Exile Island with Jason, we made a plan for him to go back and throw the challenge so that he could vote off James, but that never happened. We were going to take out Parvati and James because we realized that they were throwing challenges. What we tried to do was slice up the lovebirds. Ozzy, of course, would have been next had we gone to tribal. We were trying to get the numbers to the merge. We had a plan, and when I got there and saw that Kathy had bailed I was just like, "Arrghh!"

TVGuide.com: You had cooked up a plan with Ami to double-cross and eliminate Ozzy, but when the vote came down, it was you, 5-1. What happened there?
Tracy: Ami was scared. She said, "If I vote against Ozzy and they lock it up, then I'm through."

TVGuide.com: But it was Ami's plan!
Tracy: It was Ami's plan and it was a beautiful plan, but she was afraid of Ozzy and of what he would do to her. They were in an alliance and she was very honest and faithful and loyal. Her word means a lot to her and she did not want to betray Ozzy. I was hoping that she would, and I thought it was a poor decision for her not to do that. I felt that a lot could have happened if we had gotten him out of the game.

TVGuide.com: How much did it suck for you to miss that spa reward?
Tracy: It was hard.
Kathy: Yeah, Ozzy, that big girl! Even James said, "Oh my god! Give the girl the shampoo!" James couldn't believe Ozzy said, "Take one for the team."
Tracy: It pretty much told every single person left in the game of Survivor at that moment [where things stood]. We knew that if Ozzy wasn't going to Exile, then he had the idol, period.

TVGuide.com: Kathy, why didn't you want to search for the idol when you were on Exile Island with Ozzy?
Kathy: Well, I told Ozzy that I didn't want to look for the idol! Cirie and I had found all four clues and we knew the idol was on Exile Island, but I couldn't keep up with Jungle Boy — so yeah, go away! And while he was gone, I was looking for the idol.

TVGuide.com: When did you realize that he had it?
Kathy: When I saw a bunch of commotion going on and he pulled up this little starfish. I was, like, "Yeah, right." I pretty much knew then that he had it.

and: :groan: :groan:

TVGuide.com: What's next for both of you?
Kathy: I'm campaigning for president.
Tracy: I want to see if Ami will do The Amazing Race with me. We talked about it. I don't know if they would let us on again, but I'd be up for it.

more here:
http://www.tvguide.com/news/080326-01
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 09:54:08 PM »
Interesting that thes were going to try and get rid fo James

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 01:55:37 AM »
Another really good one! Kathy and Tracy again:

Kathy, do you regret leaving the show?

Kathy: If I said I didn’t think about it, I’d be a liar. I have thought about it, and the immediate conclusion I come to is I just mentally could not take another second. I mean, I just shut down mentally. It wasn’t a big gory infection or anything, but pretty much my brain shut down. I was thinking bad thoughts. In my mind, I would always talk to my daughter or my husband to find my inner strength, and that was gone. I got really close to Jonathan and when he left, that was like the third strike. I lost Chet, I lost Tracy. James and Parvati were very lovely to me, but there just wasn’t that closeness.

Tracy: We were two hours away from turning the game around. That was the hardest part for me. Because if Jason had gotten back to camp – if she had held on until that nightfall, then Jason would have gotten back, he would have looked at me, and I was going to signal, and we were going to take over the game, and it just snowballed. What I mean by that is that he was going to throw the challenge and we were going to vote out James, and continue to throw challenges. We figured it would probably be two or three more before the merge, and we had a plan to get the fans back together. We were going to bring Ami and Eliza with us, but it didn’t work that way.

So you were planning to throw challenges?

Tracy: There were challenges that were being thrown back there. If you rewind your Tivo, you’ll find out. From the Favorites, one of the first thing Fairplay and Yau-Man said – if we split, we throw them until we get back together again. So be it.

Which ones do you think were thrown?

Tracy: Definitely, when we were breaking the plates, we had such a lead. Look at the ones where we had such a great lead and it was always the Favorites in the back slowing it down. You don’t think about it. You’d think that after they threw one challenge, you’d make sure not to let them be in the back again, but when you have people saying they’re good at something, they’re going to tell you where to go. Ozzy pretty much dictated a lot of what we did and how we did it. I mean, we didn’t even get a chicken! There was Lulu, Gloria, and Juanita. We didn’t even eat them – they all sat there for Ozzy so that he can have a big feast.

Kathy: I knew Ozzy had the immunity idol, and how they showed it is that I just sat there – and I didn’t. Obviously, Cirie and I had found all the clues so I knew the idol was on Exile. I told Ozzy I wasn’t interested – “No, you go ahead” – because that gave me some alone time to look for it, which it did while he was gone. I just had it in my head that it was in one of the nooks or crannies above my head. I just kept looking, and when Ozzy came back, I knew he had it. Even after he held up the white tiny starfish thing, as soon as he turned away my head is up because I’m looking in the nooks and crannies for the idol. So I was a little disappointed they didn’t show that but maybe it didn’t jive with the story they wanted to tell. Ozzy’s a very nice guy. We talked that first time on Exile island, it was two days. It’s like, “Ozzy, can you go find us a clam? Because you’re Ozzy. That’s what you do.” I really adored all the Favorites – Ami was really lovely to me, Cirie was very lovely to me.

Tracy: I think Ozzy’s a nice guy and one hell of a swimmer. I look forward to seeing him at the reunion. He made a comment about me not telling the truth, and I think the game just gets the best of you out there. Certain things, you go back and rewind and I don’t know what he’s talking about. I think he’s frustrated because this is his second time around, and he wanted it even more than you can imagine. I don’t know what he’s talking about, I have no idea. I try to be as honest as I can. I think one of the things the Favorites did, and Ami got tired of it and she pulled away, but they would make fun of us. They were brutal. What the heck were they teaching us? Cirie would maintain the fire by poking it and poking it, and we would go get water, but what was there to teach us? We had a challenge where we could have gotten a fish, and the Micronesian guys could have come over and teach us how to fish, and Ozzy said verbatim: “That’s the stupidest challenge because we already know how to fish, and we’ve already won all the fishing supplies, so why would we want to win?” It was like, “Maybe I want to learn how to fish, Ozzy. Maybe I want to depend on myself to catch a fish.” He was playing the game very well, and looking out for himself, and that’s good. I’m proud of the way he played the game. No hard feelings.

Kathy, in your time on Exile island, looking for the idol, how hard was that going back and forth with Cirie?

Kathy: It took us a total of about six and a half hours. It was pretty tough. Cirie can keep her head above water, but she’s not a strong swimmer. She was so kind to me at a moment when I really needed it; we bonded really close; I helped her, I promised her nothing would happen to her while we were going back and forth. We just kept thinking, with the last clue, “It’s just over your head, but under a rock.” So it had to be in a nook or a cranny in the rocks. She cried when we could find it, we kind of made a promise to each other—I said, if we ever won a reward challenge, that I would send her back—that never happened. And I kind of made a promise, because I was pretty sure they would keep sending me back, that I wouldn’t help anyone else find the idol.

What was that like getting sent back to Exile island over and over and over again?

Kathy: It’s kind of like getting kicked in the butt by a mule, over and over again.

Tracy: They wanted Kathy to go because they thought she just wasn’t mentally all there, and she’s having a hard time.

What was the issue with the machete?

Kathy: They wanted to be the macho heroes, my-moment-in-the-sun heroes.

Tracy: I don’t know. We didn’t purposely isolate us from the others. We tried to fix the shelter. We sat there hours by ourselves. We needed the machete! We took the war canoe to find fruit, or basically to get away—we needed a new beach! And they said, “I hope they don’t come back,” but Joel said, “We need the canoe!” When we got back, they had taken all the wood, which all has fire ants, and put it in our shelter to keep it dry!

Kathy, at what point did you consciously make the decision, “I may have to leave this game early”?

Kathy: The start of the breaking point was Exile island with me and Amy. We just sat there in the rain like POWs against the wall. Between the rats, and I mean the two-legged rats and the four-legged, and Mother Nature…

Tracy: My husband said something to me: “If you’re going to go on this show, you need to start sleeping in the yard with no pillow and no blanket.” That’s how you prepare.

Did you shut down, or go somewhat crazy out there?

Kathy: Oh, I’ll own crazy. I’ll own the badge! Are you talking about the rumors on the internet about some crazy lady who tried to cut her fingers off? I had some bad thoughts. It was well received that I should go. Eliza said to Jeff, “If she does stay, we’ll always wonder where the machete is.”

more here:

http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/official-articles/73251-survivor-micronesia-interview-kathy-tracy-they-wanted-macho-heroes.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 09:50:40 AM »
thanks for posting Peach