Author Topic: MICHAEL BORTONE - Rookie  (Read 15852 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
MICHAEL BORTONE - Rookie
« on: January 03, 2008, 05:21:28 PM »

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 08:06:06 PM by puddin »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: MICHAEL BORTONE - Rookie
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 05:35:44 PM »

Mikey B
SURVIVOR: MICRONESIA
Home Town:
Los Angeles, CA
Aspiring Writer/Actor

Originally from Boston, Massachusetts, Michael Bortone is an aspiring writer/actor who studies at the Actors Circle Theatre. He once owned a chimney and masonry company and also managed a bar/restaurant. Bortone attended the Maine Central Institute (prep school) and two years of college at Northeastern University in Boston. He has appeared in commercials for Levi's, American Express and Progressive Auto.

Bortone's hobbies include traveling, sports and movies. He regularly plays basketball and softball and enjoys running. He describes himself as resilient, available and easy-going. He is most proud of finishing screenplays and producing a short film. His favorite sport is football. He believes his fishing skills and ability to build things will help him on SURVIVOR.

Bortone is currently single and resides in Los Angeles, California. with his pit bull, Coco. His birth date is December 29, 1973.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 10:05:23 PM »
Ok, I've got Mikey B on my myspace friends list now. Will post any updates on him.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 10:27:29 PM »
I'm  having a good birthday after all....Mikey B posted a comment on my myspace and this is what he said.

Good stuff. Thanks for having me. Be good.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 11:00:55 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 11:15:14 PM »
It would be helpful if you posted their myspace links RFWill  :yaya:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 11:37:43 PM »
It would be helpful if you posted their myspace links RFWill  :yaya:

Okey-dokey! I'll post 'em.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 11:38:59 PM »
Michael's myspace link

http://www.myspace.com/mikeybarts 

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Watch out, I will chop you!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 03:30:29 PM »
This guy was in a short film called The Last Supper.

Called "The Last Supper," the short film by four local lads may sound pretty pious, but don’t be fooled.

Yes, it’s about that last supper, but no, it isn’t serious.

In fact, the film, which will be shown twice at Sunday’s First Night Films program at the Museum of Fine Arts, is, um, darn funny.

"It’s a comedic version of why Judas betrays Jesus," says Michael Bortone, who grew up in Watertown and played football at Northeastern before moving to Los Angeles.

"It’s the Last Supper at a Hollywood nightclub."

(After Jesus and the Apostles walk into the club, the doorman declares: "Do you know who his father is?")

Produced by the Four Horsemen — Bortone and buddies Joe McCluskey of Marlborough, Worcester native Jason Markarian, and Governor Dummer alum Luke Franco — the 17-minute movie features Eliza Dushku as the famous table’s winsome waitress.

Bortone says the film, which was well received at last fall’s San Diego Film Festival, will be posted online shortly.

"We want to create some buzz and get it noticed as a good movie made for cheap money," says Bortone.

"We’re just looking to get into the game." So why did Judas betray Jesus at dinner? He got stuck with the check.

You can watch the full 16 minute film here......
http://www.whedon.info/article.php3?id_article=19982
Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...AMEN..!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 02:50:02 PM »
Exit interview with Mikey...

Reality TV World:  Do you think that the upcoming swap will bail Joel out a bit, seeing as how the Fans won't be so weak anymore with your absence?

Mikey B:  I don't think so.  To me, he's proven that he is a back stabber and that he will do anything that he can to keep himself around.  So I don't think it's going to bail him out.  If anything, I think it's going to save the older folks because they're like a token vote for anybody that wants to keep them around.  They're not dangerous at that point.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-michael-bortone-talks-about-survivor-micronesia-ouster-6628.php
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 09:49:12 AM »
Interesting comment

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 05:31:52 PM »
Another one:

We can see on next week's episode that Chet is right back to his old ways, frustrating everybody in challenges. Does it make you at least a little happy that they're going to have to suffer with him for awhile?

Well, it would have if they didn't switch the tribes. It's bittersweet, you know what I mean? I want bad things to happen to all the fans in the game, but at the same time it hurts me that they weren't able to see how strong we could have been had we worked as a united tribe.

Do you think a fan has the ability to make it to the finals? I predict it's going to be all favorites, but I'm wondering what you think.

I don't think anybody on the tribe of the fans has the brains to make it to the finals.

Hmmmm...bitter much? :groan:

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/survivor/exclusive-interview-mikey-bort-17198.aspx
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 03:53:22 PM »
:whew from this article:

My Hollywood insider sleuths are reporting to me this afternoon that recent “Survivor” contestant “Mikey B” only appeared on the show so that he could be on television, and didn’t care one bit about the actual competition of the game.

Mikey B, a bar manager and one-time brick mason from Boston, MA, has apparently wanted to be on TV since he was a young boy. Childhood friend and wannabe rapper “Cram N Slam” said Mikey B “Always wanted attention from the ladies but he was too fat, yo. He always wished he was famous so he could get the nappy dugout.” Now, since slimming up after college, Mikey B put away his morals and exploited the popular TV contest “Survivor,” a show that America still loves almost as much as apple pie.

Jeff Probst, whose name has become synonymous with the beloved American past time, commented that “Mikey B was a solid contestant on the show. However, if he was, in fact, only appearing on the show to achieve some sort of fame or popularity, then I would have to strongly oppose his viewpoint in order to maintain the integrity of ‘Survivor: Micronesia, Fans vs. Favorites.’”

No word yet on what Mikey B plans to do with his newfound acclaim and notoriety, but the mumbling around the Hollywood hot spots is that he is looking for an acting career, which only adds insult to injury to Probst as well as to America.

“It cuts deep when someone pretends to really be into the spirit of competition and compete at the high level that ‘Survivor’ demands and then turns around and stabs you in the back by going after some sort of celebrity status,” added Probst, “But at the same time, he did used to be a fat kid and I don’t pretend to know how awful that must be.”
http://livingboy.wordpress.com/2008/08/19/survivor-season-16-contestant-only-wanted-to-be-on-tv/
RFF's Golden Rule: