Author Topic: EP 10: Sorry, Guys, I'm Not Happy to See You  (Read 132130 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: EP 10: Sorry, Guys, I'm Not Happy to See You
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2008, 09:03:49 AM »
Wow Neobie! What a great find! Fun for us to see more of Taiwan than Taipei! :happy:

Now-if we could only find Boingo his drum....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2008, 10:39:30 AM »
Neobie, a potential desination would then be Tainan. Another possiblity is Kaohsiung, but I do not thnk they will be sent to an industrial city with all the beauty of Taiwan available elsewhere.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2008, 10:51:23 AM »
Oooh--I want them to go to Sun Moon Lake

[attachment deleted by admin]
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2008, 10:59:07 AM »
I've been there! So peaceful. So beautiful. So tranquil. And I got to sleep on a wooden bed. But other than the wooden bed, it was one of the best experiences of my life.  :tup: :tup:

Much different from the hustle and bustle of Taipei and Kaoshiung. When this edition of the Race is over, perhaps I'll share some of my pictures of my visit with you.  ;D ;D

Oh, I don't have the time, but if someone can punch up Toroko Gorge with the highway cut into the side of a mountain and its hot springs, that's another place I'd love the racers to see.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2008, 11:21:41 AM »
When this edition of the Race is over, perhaps I'll share some of my pictures of my visit with you.   

And we have to wait why?/

Toroko Gorge--I went there online too...brb...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline jovian_w2002

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2008, 11:31:59 AM »
When Jen says "hatred is in my blood right now" and "I'm going to rip those dreads out of his head", could it have been directed at Ronald? Seeing what happened in the airport in the preview of the next leg when Christina supposedly told the counter employee not to sell them tickets?
Thus, having Jen say the title quote "sorry guys, im not happy to see you"? Could it be a possiblity?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2008, 11:36:22 AM »
Toroko Gorge

Flickr set

ummm...Ronald didn't have dreads the last I looked! :pull
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2008, 12:38:10 PM »
When Jen says "hatred is in my blood right now" and "I'm going to rip those dreads out of his head", could it have been directed at Ronald? Seeing what happened in the airport in the preview of the next leg when Christina supposedly told the counter employee not to sell them tickets?
Thus, having Jen say the title quote "sorry guys, im not happy to see you"? Could it be a possiblity?
:groan: :wtf: We need a photochop of Ron with dreads pronto!!  :lol3:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2008, 12:44:39 PM »
Ron has become a rastafarian:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Just here to visit.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2008, 02:02:25 PM »
If our source in Taiwan is correct, this statement is puzzling:

*When he was planning to shop in 101 at noon, he saw this man and women (couples) ran out of the taxi and looked up at Taipei 101. 
*He also saw 2 camera men running with them. 
*However, he found it weird that the couples did not enter the Taipei 101 and were actually waiting for someone. 
*He describes the couple as a brunette woman and a man.  He said that the man seemed very athletic and fit. 
*Since he saw that there were camera men around, he notices that this might be on TV. 
*He continued to stay for 10 minutes and another group came which he describes as another couple which consists of a blond girl

The first couple must be TK and Rachel (the other brunette is Chris, but Ron is anything except athletic and fit) and the second couple must be Nathan and Jenn (Jenn being the only blonde).

BUT THE SECOND COUPLE ARRIVED 10 MINUTES AFTER THE FIRST so how in the world did TK and Rachel manage to get ahead of Nathan and Jenn?

This doesn't sound like an intersection, but if it is than Ron and Chris are paired with Don and Nick.

Offline jovian_w2002

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2008, 02:15:18 PM »
haha i must have read it wrongly haha. Yep it was directed at TK hahaha. Sowwy :P haha, i thought she meant dread as in "apprehension" haha, i didnt read it right haha :P she meant dread as in his hair haha :P im such an idiot :P

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2008, 03:08:27 PM »
haha i must have read it wrongly haha. Yep it was directed at TK hahaha. Sowwy :P haha, i thought she meant dread as in "apprehension" haha, i didnt read it right haha :P she meant dread as in his hair haha :P im such an idiot :P
:lol3:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #112 on: January 08, 2008, 03:34:22 PM »
I found a cool park although I don't think this is the place but fwiw since I found it  B:) B:)

Leofoo Village Theme Park
Amusement Park:  Leofoo Village Theme Park
Address:  Kuanhsi chen, Hsinchu Taiwan

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=24.820997,121.181785&spn=0.003192,0.002951&t=k&hl=en

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: January 08, 2008, 05:13:05 PM »

Around 1980, I went to Taiwan for 8 days. The most scenic part was SunMoon Lake. There was also a nearby mountain that is the traditional place for viewing the Rising of the Sun to the east starting at 330am.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #114 on: January 08, 2008, 05:28:59 PM »
If our source in Taiwan is correct, this statement is puzzling:

*When he was planning to shop in 101 at noon, he saw this man and women (couples) ran out of the taxi and looked up at Taipei 101. 
*He also saw 2 camera men running with them. 
*However, he found it weird that the couples did not enter the Taipei 101 and were actually waiting for someone. 
*He describes the couple as a brunette woman and a man.  He said that the man seemed very athletic and fit. 
*Since he saw that there were camera men around, he notices that this might be on TV. 
*He continued to stay for 10 minutes and another group came which he describes as another couple which consists of a blond girl

The first couple must be TK and Rachel (the other brunette is Chris, but Ron is anything except athletic and fit) and the second couple must be Nathan and Jenn (Jenn being the only blonde).

BUT THE SECOND COUPLE ARRIVED 10 MINUTES AFTER THE FIRST so how in the world did TK and Rachel manage to get ahead of Nathan and Jenn?

This doesn't sound like an intersection, but if it is than Ron and Chris are paired with Don and Nick.

Perhaps T.K. & Rachel got on the same flight as Nathan & Jennifer, and Ron & Christina and Nicholas & Donald took another flight, either earlier or later than the other one (my guess is earlier).  If that's the case, then T.K. & Rachel and Nathan & Jennifer are racing to avoid elimination, with T.K. & Rachel sadly losing out.

Belle Book

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: January 08, 2008, 07:52:06 PM »
At first I thought the thing in the background might be an RTI ramp. But it looks too steep, and the tandem build doesn't make sense. Back to the drawing board.  ???

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #116 on: January 08, 2008, 07:59:40 PM »
I've never been so bored looking for something TAR related Slowhatch :pull (:;)! I'll take the darn Taiko hunt over this anyday  :lol:
I've tried every combination of words that I could think of, training field, simulation, army, military, base, etc to name a few but am glad to know that I'm not the only one having a hard time with this  :duno:, I just can't think outside the box, can't get the wording right.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #117 on: January 09, 2008, 10:42:21 AM »
Maybe this will help  :lol3:, short commercial~
They are balancing on that ramp as it rocks back and forth.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 10:45:41 AM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #118 on: January 09, 2008, 11:12:49 AM »
Who is driving?  Racer or professional?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #119 on: January 09, 2008, 11:22:29 AM »
Who is driving?  Racer or professional?
I'd guess pro since they drive on the left side as seen in the jeep with Nathan.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #120 on: January 09, 2008, 11:26:20 AM »
Maybe its a series of obstacle course? Same vehicle or no? Plus I'll guess first come first serve?

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: January 09, 2008, 11:44:23 AM »
Well, that answers the ramps.  ;D A proving ground, perhaps? The swinging "gate" would allow up-and-down testing without resetting a lot of gear. And it looks like there's a mud track next to the water track.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #122 on: January 09, 2008, 11:51:03 AM »
My bf says maybe its an old suzuki sidekick? fwiw

Offline aaron1262

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #123 on: January 09, 2008, 12:58:59 PM »

Perhaps T.K. & Rachel got on the same flight as Nathan & Jennifer, and Ron & Christina and Nicholas & Donald took another flight, either earlier or later than the other one (my guess is earlier).  If that's the case, then T.K. & Rachel and Nathan & Jennifer are racing to avoid elimination, with T.K. & Rachel sadly losing out.

Belle Book

[/quote]
Hey..i'm new to this forum..I'm an avid TAR fan..haven't missed an episode since season 2 i think..I was in 7th grade back then. lol

I would have to agree with the post above....nobody has mentioned that Ron/Chris Nick/Don could be ahead and it seems that many people on here have trusted the spoiler from the guy at Taipei 101....that they are behind.

It clearly says he "thinks" he heard the "asians were eliminated or far behind"...there's much discrepancy between thinks and clearly heard ya?

I think that it's one of those instances where one team just finds a better flight than another team.....since R/C arrive first and the other two arriving around the same time...could Chris's ploy on the commercial to tell the agent at the airport not to sell their itin work? Hardly ever does...but it's a possibility

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #124 on: January 09, 2008, 01:07:57 PM »
Welcome to the forum aaron :yaya:

fwiw, no audio