Author Topic: EP 10: Sorry, Guys, I'm Not Happy to See You  (Read 132126 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP 10: Sorry, Guys, I'm Not Happy to See You
« Reply #175 on: January 09, 2008, 10:15:08 PM »
I think I love you Jason  :jumpy: :wohoo: ! Good JOB!!!  :jumpy:

threadjack, Happy Birthday peach :-*

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #176 on: January 09, 2008, 10:21:35 PM »
Jiji stunt village

The jeep 阿諾" given name Wang Pinghsi, is the family background from Chushan chu-shan's vehicle race skilled person, to various types special vehicles, the locomotive light airliner, the airplane and so on all for is even familiar, and can 夠 the control freely. Most has by the light airliner and the jeep stunt represents. The light airliner once created the national four item of records until now still nobody to be able to compare. Jeep 阿諾 not merely in stunt outstanding, very was also astonishing in the martial arts attainments, is skilled in the Western boxing and once to practice Chinese martial arts, Judo, Tae Kwon Do and karate and so on, therefore this strongly emitted the head the stunt seed, under the difficult exhausted environment, resolved to have to struggle a tone for the Chinese, lets time which the people the applause also promising person on one's own side resounded.

For several years he spends the number surely, grows out of nothing, completely does not have any high tech instrument to be possible to supply the simulation test, to the indigenous method practices the steel the way, turns own the test piece, several border on the life and death edge moment, overcomes the innumerable twists and turns and the barrier by reason of the will. Finally originally creates in the world 絕 not to have only has "the jeep stunt", now the stunt attainments may say already reaches the mountain peak. This time creates entire world record into him this life the strongest wish, if can like hope, says regarding a successful stunt, represents without doubt is the biggest affirmation and the glory.

In stunt village, active content unusual stimulating, for example: 1. With irresistible force, 2 jeeps balances lift, 3 surmounting happy jolt the peak, 4. Rides a horse the archery, 5. Jeep submarine, 6. amphibious hovercrafts, 7. stunts sand beaches vehicle, 8. perceptions and warm time and so on, rich is splendid.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 10:33:56 PM by puddin »

Offline jasonk32

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #177 on: January 09, 2008, 10:25:00 PM »
Okay --I can't read a word! :lol:  What's it for? Is it like an amusement park ride?

DID all the pretty pictures disappear for everybody or just me? ???
yes, it's something like a amusement park...but mainly jeep tricks
the website is dead, i'll paste them again

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #178 on: January 09, 2008, 10:28:20 PM »
You could attach them Jason  :keeta:

Additional Options...

And while I'm here, ahem, see I told you it was sort of like the CHIP's set, aka stuntment type dealio :D

Offline jasonk32

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #179 on: January 09, 2008, 10:32:05 PM »
You could attach them Jason  :keeta:

Additional Options...

And while I'm here, ahem, see I told you it was sort of like the CHIP's set, aka stuntment type dealio :D
DONE~ thanks for the help~  ;D

btw, whats the Taiko you're talking about??

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #180 on: January 09, 2008, 10:45:10 PM »
Wonderful pictures Jason! No doubts this is it  :yess:

Taiko picture here in this thread :yaya:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #181 on: January 09, 2008, 11:22:56 PM »
I honestly don't think we ever would have found that place without your help Jason,searching I still can't find it  :lol:

Good job everyone !!  :keeta:

Slowhatch's floor plan works well enough! While Banciao's connection between the train and subway lines is on the ground floor and B1, Taipei Main Station's connection hall is on B3, one floor below the rail lines on B2. This means TK and Rachel are boarding a high-speed train from the terminus station of Taipei, and are definitely leaving the city for the south.

But where to? It's got to be far enough, at least beyond Hsinchu, to make the trip worthwhile... (Buses and local trains cover that distance just as easily.)
Taichung might be another possibility; the THSR site has virtual tours, and that's the closest platform match I've found.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 09, 2008, 11:28:36 PM »
puddin I picked the WORST week to try and help find locations LMAO -- first that red door and then the jeep crap. Thank god for Jason.

Offline jasonk32

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #183 on: January 10, 2008, 12:35:00 AM »
:jumpy: From newbie genie007 who is having problems posting.

journey of 100,000 rocks... http://travellingrob.blogspot.com/2006_01_08_archive.html

the rock path is called health trail :tup:, and if the TKR really went to Dr. Sun memorial hall, it must be the speedbup!
the trail is 120 meters in length (about 130 yards), here's the website in english http://www.yatsen.gov.tw/en/content.php?id=52
it sure will cost them some time :groan:, but if they can bear the pain, it's just a football court  :jumpy:
the hall is on the east side of Taipei, but it's easy to get there by MRT blue line from either Taipei main station or Ximen

did anyone figure out sny clue for detour yet?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #184 on: January 10, 2008, 12:47:55 AM »
The health trail could be a detour option Jason, but since we only see TK & Rachel doing it maybe they are trying to trick us into thinking its the Speed-Bump? "I dunno" , I haven't seen any sign either way or anything else that looks like the Detour. All the pictures you see posted though out this thread is what we have for now, but we had a good night so I'm not complaining  :yess:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: January 10, 2008, 01:42:36 AM »
:duno: Hmm... (Start at 1:20...)

It's definitely quick enough to be a Speed Bump - ten minutes tops?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 09:53:47 AM by Neobie »

Offline Oceangreen

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #186 on: January 10, 2008, 08:00:38 AM »
Hi.  ;D

i dug around a little further with the known time of nick&Don's appearance at TAIPEI HSR station. For now this
could either mean that they arrived at the station at 16:57 (~5pm) or departed at that time.

If they were departing at that time, I think they could very well be behind the other teams..
Because from Taipei station to Taichung station it is approximately 156 Km (noted on website). With high speed train travelling at around 280+KM/H they should get to Taichung by at least 5:35pm (assuming train left at about 5pm)

From Taichung station to Jiji township, like Jason had mentioned, it takes about 1.5 hours by train (maybe about 1 hour by taxi).
Now this means that they would be at the 'jeep testing facility' by at least 6:30pm. Now sunset at central Taiwan is approximately 6:40 PM around the following days.

Date              Sunrise  Sunset   This day Difference Time Altitude Distance
28 Jul 2007  5:19 AM  6:41 PM  13h 22m 14s − 0m 58s 12:00 Noon 84.0°  151.907
29 Jul 2007  5:19 AM  6:40 PM  13h 21m 14s − 1m 00s 12:00 Noon 83.8°  151.891
30 Jul 2007  5:20 AM  6:40 PM  13h 20m 13s − 1m 01s 12:00 Noon 83.6°  151.874
31 Jul 2007  5:20 AM  6:39 PM  13h 19m 11s − 1m 02s 12:00 Noon 83.3°  151.857

This would mean that they would have performed the task under a dark sky.. we know Rach, nate and ron did it under considerable amount
of light. This would mean N&D are way behind and could be eliminated. BUT, on the other hand it could very likely have been that they
ARRIVED back at Taipei station at 4:57 pm. However, I am suspecting that my initial idea was right since they have not shown any clips (Unless I have missed it!??) with nick&don at the 4WD jeep site, in an attempt to hide that they are somewhat behind by the obvious differences in time.

Is it just me or does the chance of an intersection to occur at the Taipei 101 (as strongly suggested by our spoiler) just become less likely the more we look into the previews?

As of the location  that Nate&Jen had been arguing on (I placedmarked it on my map), whilst also trying to find a taxi, in the previews, DIRECTLY underneath them is a normal train subway station. Were they using the normal train too?

Just to put everything into perspective, I made this map and thought it might be worthwhile sharing....

http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=114851506520966174311.0004435d735fe9af67f64&z=8&om=1

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #187 on: January 10, 2008, 09:32:00 AM »
Oceangreen, I found detailed schedules for Taiwan Railway Administration for 2 hour trips between Taipei and Taichung. I have also found sketchy information indicating that Taiwan High Speed Rail Corp. began service in Jjan. 2007 and runs every 30 minutes from Taipei to Zuoying. Most of those should stop at Taichung, the halfway point on that line. Since the total line time is 100 minutes on the fastest, your estimate of 37 minutes to Taichung might be slightly low by about at least 13 minutes, which is not far off. If I find the actual schedule, I will report it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 09:45:54 AM by apskip »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: January 10, 2008, 09:48:00 AM »
Here's the timetable, listing the trip from Taipei to Taichung as 53 minutes. According to the schedule, a 16:57 arrival at Taichung or Taipei would mean a 16:00 departure from the other station...

Note: All trains wil stop at Taichung.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 09:52:30 AM by Neobie »

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #189 on: January 10, 2008, 10:03:39 AM »
Actually there was a schedule change of the high speed train effective from 27 July 2007 (the exact date of this leg), you can find the exact timetable at that time from this link:

http://www.thsrc.com.tw/download/tw/file/timetable_070727_en.pdf

If the pic showing Nicolas/Donald at 16:57 was them boarding the train to Taichung, then they probably took Train no. 129 which departed at 17:00 and arrived at 17:52

Also, judging that Nathan/Jennifer and TK/Rachel were at different locations at night, it may be possible that they did the detour after coming back from Taichung. Maybe one task was the stone walk and the other was at Ximending, otherwise Ximending may be just for a place of route marker.

Offline jasonk32

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #190 on: January 10, 2008, 11:02:55 AM »
I got more stuff about the jeep stunt, thanks for a reality fan "buff" in Taiwan  :tup:

http://www.wts.com.tw/temp/jeepano/  Official website of Jeep Arnold

click on the second icon on the left, and you can view all the stunts they have in the second block
click on those pictures and there's a vedio, enjoy it~

(if the link above came out to be a list of websites, please click number 86)

Offline serendipity

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #191 on: January 10, 2008, 11:07:06 AM »
as crappy as they are , better than nothing!

When I watched this scene in the clip, it seems that there's a shop on the left with a name "La Villa", I tried to find it on google, and I find this address: 2/F, No.18 Alley 286, 3rd Blvd Roosevelt‎ Road, Gongguan, Taipei (台北市公館羅斯福路3段286巷18號2樓) and that shop is a hair salon.

If that is true, I would be happy because that area is Gong Guan Night Market, where there are many food stalls, so we may finally have a food task in Taiwan!

Offline serendipity

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #192 on: January 10, 2008, 11:16:05 AM »
I got more stuff about the jeep stunt, thanks for a reality fan "buff" in Taiwan  :tup:

http://www.wts.com.tw/temp/jeepano/  Official website of Jeep Arnold

click on the second icon on the left, and you can view all the stunts they have in the second block
click on those pictures and there's a vedio, enjoy it~

(if the link above came out to be a list of websites, please click number 86)

wow, all the stunts look really fun  :jumpy:, especially the jeep going underwater, I want to try it too!

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #193 on: January 10, 2008, 11:19:21 AM »
Thanks, Jason, great stuff.  :yess: Like Puddin said, we would have never found this with regular searching.

Offline jasonk32

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #194 on: January 10, 2008, 11:19:40 AM »
When I watched this scene in the clip, it seems that there's a shop on the left with a name "La Villa", I tried to find it on google, and I find this address: 2/F, No.18 Alley 286, 3rd Blvd Roosevelt‎ Road, Gongguan, Taipei (台北市公館羅斯福路3段286巷18號2樓) and that shop is a hair salon.

i don't remember any streets looks like that near that area... :duno:
i'll check it out tomorrow, it's near our campus

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #195 on: January 10, 2008, 11:22:33 AM »
Oh it is La Villa, good job serendipity!! and thank you Jason, we can't get enough of that place :keeta:
welcome Oceangreen, nice detective work :thankyou:

I suppose Jen & Nathan could be fighting over which detour task to take at night in Ximending because shes yelling for him to make a decision. A food task would be  :yess:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #196 on: January 10, 2008, 04:46:11 PM »
I think I love you Jason  :jumpy: :wohoo: ! Good JOB!!!  :jumpy:

threadjack, Happy Birthday peach :-*

I'm jealous :-[

Offline stayhungry

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #197 on: January 10, 2008, 05:13:08 PM »
So you guys think Nick and Don will be eliminated or Ron and Christina????????

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 10, 2008, 05:19:42 PM »
Ron and Christina -- Nick and Don have been rumored to be in the F3 for a very long time now.

Offline stayhungry

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #199 on: January 10, 2008, 05:21:07 PM »
THanks a bunch!  I usually dont get replies, thanks