Poll

And then their were four, which team will be fired, terminated given Phil's boot this week?

Nathan & Jennifer (We were so damn close.....)
0 (0%)
Christina and her Jackass father
4 (21.1%)
Grandpa Moses and Nic
0 (0%)
Tk & Rachel
1 (5.3%)
No one, its a TBC
4 (21.1%)
Like I'm fallen for that again its a Non Elimination
10 (52.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Episode #9. Who will be Philiminated next?  (Read 10427 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Episode #9. Who will be Philiminated next?
« on: January 02, 2008, 10:53:56 PM »
1.  Who is still going WTF they U-Turned Nicolas & Donald?

2.  Does Tk & Rachel keep their lead, or somehow managed to get bunched or hopelessly lost?

3.  Is it a love week or a Hate week for Jenn & Nathan?

4.  Can poor Nic (who looked like he hurled last week) help Donald keep up the pace?

5.  Is Don the racer who can't finish the roadblock (and if so does he finish the roadblock)?

6. Who says "I Just Hope He Doesn't Croak on Us?"

7.  Which racer blows a "gasket" when their taxi driver drops them off at the wrong location?

8.  And which relationship takes a turn for the worst?  A parent/Child or a romantic one?

9.  And can anyone believe, I still haven't watched last week's episode yet?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 11:08:51 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Episode #8. Who will be Philiminated next?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 10:58:38 PM »
  What??!!  :noway:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Episode #9. Who will be Philiminated next?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 11:14:37 PM »
1.  Who is still going WTF they U-Turned Nicolas & Donald?
Honestly I think I was the only one NOT surprised - mainly because they think like they did (they are slow blah blah blah, don't underestimate just cause hes old yo hahaha)  :pfft

2.  Does Tk & Rachel keep their lead, or somehow managed to get bunched or hopelessly lost?
Hopeplessly lost, they seem to have no sense of direction. JMO

3.  Is it a love week or a Hate week for Jenn & Nathan?
Love week.

4.  Can poor Nic (who looked like he hurled last week) help Donald keep up the pace?
Yes I think he can, I think those two can be positive just cause of their relationship

5.  Is Don the racer who can't finish the roadblock (and if so does he finish the roadblock)?
Nope

6. Who says "I Just Hope He Doesn't Croak on Us?"
Nick

7.  Which racer blows a "gasket" when their taxi driver drops them off at the wrong location?
Ron

8.  And which relationship takes a turn for the worst?  A parent/Child or a romantic one?
Parent/Child

Awww, I wish I could watch it over and over lol.

BTW maybe its just what im hoping for but I voted Christina/Jackass to be eliminated........ please don't let it be NEL.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Episode #8. Who will be Philiminated next?
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 11:17:30 PM »
  What??!!  :noway:

I know its crazy talk.

Sunday right after the opening credits, my mother called.  And when we finished the episode was right at Nic & Don checking into the Pit Stop.  

So I cussed and starting checking the torrent sites, and I didn't manage to get it downloaded until the next day.  And I certainly planned to watch it.  But I got home from work and my boyfriend was in the bedroom (Where I keep my TV and computer) sleeping and he also had his notebook with him (otherwise I would just network over it and watch the show).  

So no AR on Monday, Tuesday, I got stuck at my grandparents for an ungodly amount of time, so no AR on Tuesday.  Wednesday went to work at 6am, got home at 7"30pm, took a shower cooked, cleaned, took dogs for a walk, and its now 9pm and still no TAR.

So if I watch it now, I will certainly stay up, take notes, and want to watch those elusive clips (Yeah, I know good luck on that one), but that won't relax me and I need to get some sleep.

So I am thinking maybe, just maybe tomorrow.  

I think they need to take away my fan privileges.  

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 11:23:19 PM »
I blame it all on West Coast Time!!   :knuckles: :pull :knuckles:

Sunday right after the opening credits, my mother called.

And you answered the phone?? :lol: :groan: :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 11:23:45 PM »
1.  Who is still going WTF they U-Turned Nicolas & Donald?  :shocking: :wtf: :nono2:

2.  Does Tk & Rachel keep their lead, or somehow managed to get bunched or hopelessly lost? First I red is as hopefully lost, lol

3.  Is it a love week or a Hate week for Jenn & Nathan?   :meow:  :tantrum

4.  Can poor Nic (who looked like he hurled last week) help Donald keep up the pace? Yes!!  :jam:

5.  Is Don the racer who can't finish the roadblock (and if so does he finish the roadblock)? Don rocks, just CBS hype  :elvis:

6. Who says "I Just Hope He Doesn't Croak on Us?" Nick

7.  Which racer blows a "gasket" when their taxi driver drops them off at the wrong location?   :tantrum :hammer :rfth: Ron!

8.  And which relationship takes a turn for the worst?  A parent/Child or a romantic one? Gosh I'm torn here, could either realionship get worse  :duno:

9.  And can anyone believe, I still haven't watched last week's episode yet? You missed one of the best episodes imo mswood, aside from my team being eliminated it was pretty damn good.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 11:34:36 PM »
I blame it all on West Coast Time!!   :knuckles: :pull :knuckles:

Sunday right after the opening credits, my mother called.

And you answered the phone?? :lol: :groan: :lol:

The funny thing is the only person I will answer the phone for is my Mom or my boyfriend (because we never talk long).

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 12:19:18 AM »
0. Who will be philiminated next? No one - NEL, baby. Ron/Christina are the lucky (or unlucky) team to benefit from it.

1.  Who is still going WTF they U-Turned Nicolas & Donald?  :groan:

2.  Does Tk & Rachel keep their lead, or somehow managed to get bunched or hopelessly lost? Bunched!

3.  Is it a love week or a Hate week for Jenn & Nathan? Love week - they've been alternating since Croatia.

4.  Can poor Nic (who looked like he hurled last week) help Donald keep up the pace? Yes (please?)

5.  Is Don the racer who can't finish the roadblock (and if so does he finish the roadblock)? Yes twice.

6. Who says "I Just Hope He Doesn't Croak on Us?" Nicolas

7.  Which racer blows a "gasket" when their taxi driver drops them off at the wrong location? Ron

8.  And which relationship takes a turn for the worst?  A parent/Child or a romantic one? Parent/child

9.  And can anyone believe, I still haven't watched last week's episode yet? Nope, not really. But you did miss a good episode.  :groan:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 10:39:30 AM by zackattack308 »

Offline Red Devils

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 05:44:08 AM »
Hey guys, how's everybody doing during the holiday season?????? :groan: :groan:I am broke...........

Anyways, here's my pick of the week

1.  Who is still going WTF they U-Turned Nicolas & Donald?  :umn: :duno:

2.  Does Tk & Rachel keep their lead, or somehow managed to get bunched or hopelessly lost? BUNCHED

3.  Is it a love week or a Hate week for Jenn & Nathan?Love Week - believe it or not, I actually think they won't bicker much from now on till the finale

4.  Can poor Nic (who looked like he hurled last week) help Donald keep up the pace? I hope so, but Nic's physical ability is limited, I mean.. c'mon with the Gas Tanks and then puke afterwards...

5.  Is Don the racer who can't finish the roadblock (and if so does he finish the roadblock)?Yes x 2

6. Who says "I Just Hope He Doesn't Croak on Us?"Nic

7.  Which racer blows a "gasket" when their taxi driver drops them off at the wrong location?Who's your daddy :meow:

8.  And which relationship takes a turn for the worst?  A parent/Child or a romantic one?Unfortunately it' the parent/child team

9.  And can anyone believe, I still haven't watched last week's episode yet? :groan:No

Have a nice one guys....

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 07:18:46 AM »
1.  Who is still going WTF they U-Turned Nicolas & Donald? obviously Nathan and Jennifer

2.  Does Tk & Rachel keep their lead, or somehow managed to get bunched or hopelessly lost? I have a totally different take than others on this. I expect TK and Rachel to have a 75 minute lead on arrival at Kansai International Airport. Then I expect that they will complete the first task (I expect it to be an eating challenge) and then run into an hours of operation which will rebunch everyone.

3.  Is it a love week or a Hate week for Jenn & Nathan? Love; the editors have to get them ready to be champions

4.  Can poor Nic (who looked like he hurled last week) help Donald keep up the pace? Yes he can

5.  Is Don the racer who can't finish the roadblock (and if so does he finish the roadblock)? Don can and does finish the roadblock.

7.  Which racer blows a "gasket" when their taxi driver drops them off at the wrong location? probably Ronald

8.  And which relationship takes a turn for the worst?  A parent/Child or a romantic one? we have been set up for a Ron/Christina blowout

9.  And can anyone believe, I still haven't watched last week's episode yet? Yes, I can believe it. It's your loss, as episode 8 was a really good one, probably Emmy material. Next time have a VCR going while you are watching just in case your mother calls; or better yet, don't answer your phone while the Amazing Race is on. I know you don't know how to phone me, but if you did anyone trying to call me is going to get only my wife during those times.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 12:23:10 PM »
1.  Who is still going WTF they U-Turned Nicolas & Donald? Jen & Nate

2.  Does Tk & Rachel keep their lead, or somehow managed to get bunched or hopelessly lost? Keep their lead.

3.  Is it a love week or a Hate week for Jenn & Nathan? Spread the hate.

4.  Can poor Nic (who looked like he hurled last week) help Donald keep up the pace? Yes, but just only after watching Gramps do another Roadblock.

5.  Is Don the racer who can't finish the roadblock (and if so does he finish the roadblock)? Yes (and yes).

7.  Which racer blows a "gasket" when their taxi driver drops them off at the wrong location? Jen because she's always blowing a gasket.

8.  And which relationship takes a turn for the worst?  A parent/Child or a romantic one? A romantic one.

9.  And can anyone believe, I still haven't watched last week's episode yet? What? Are you nuts? I'm just kidding. I love you, mswood!   :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 12:26:33 PM by TARAsia Fan »
Just here to visit.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 05:50:48 PM »
Ok I think im the only one that does not think its a NEL, but I want you all to know im not doubting you I am just being hopeful. Im not a fan of Ron at all.  :jam:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 06:19:40 PM »
Ok I think im the only one that does not think its a NEL, but I want you all to know im not doubting you I am just being hopeful. Im not a fan of Ron at all.  :jam:

Yeah, I have a serious problem  with Ron.  In fact only the worst of the fighting couples bother mea s much.  You can get get out of a bad romantic relationship, but you are stuck with family.  So I hate the way he talks to Christina, not to mention locals, and other racers.  So I would actually love it to be an elimination round and they get booted off.

Just don't think it will happen.  But it could.  Many season have had three teams racing in the final two episodes (1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 9 for example), and in 7 and 9 they did suffer the penalty (no money, and stripped of possessions), but I don't know if they would do that and a speed bump, but with the layout of most final episodes it is certainly possible.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 07:43:55 PM »
Multiple seasons had back-to-back NELs.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2008, 09:27:38 PM »
Yeah and unlike season 10 and ALL Stars where the penalty was a 30 minute wait at the mat if not in first, there is no legitimate reason why they couldn't have the non elimination leg be leg 10.

And again, I am all for Ron & Christina being gone as soon as possible, episode 2 would have worked for me.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 03:57:19 PM »
1.  Who is still going WTF they U-Turned Nicolas & Donald?  I am!  I'd love to know why they did such a dumb move!  Does anyone have any idea?

2.  Does Tk & Rachel keep their lead, or somehow managed to get bunched or hopelessly lost?  They get bunched, and then hopelessly lost, finishing last but having a non-elimination leg.

3.  Is it a love week or a Hate week for Jenn & Nathan?  Hate.  I almost always hate them.

4.  Can poor Nic (who looked like he hurled last week) help Donald keep up the pace?  Yes, but barely.

5.  Is Don the racer who can't finish the roadblock (and if so does he finish the roadblock)?  Yes, but Nick finishes it for him.

6. Who says "I Just Hope He Doesn't Croak on Us?"  Nick.

7.  Which racer blows a "gasket" when their taxi driver drops them off at the wrong location?  Jenn, of course.

8.  And which relationship takes a turn for the worst?  A parent/Child or a romantic one?  A romantic one, namely Nate & Jenn.

9.  And can anyone believe, I still haven't watched last week's episode yet?  That one, I can't believe.

In short, I think T.K. & Rachel finish last, are saved by the non-elimination but get the Speed Bump.

Belle Book

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 07:01:43 PM »

Yeah, I have a serious problem  with Ron.  In fact only the worst of the fighting couples bother mea s much.  You can get get out of a bad romantic relationship, but you are stuck with family.  So I hate the way he talks to Christina, not to mention locals, and other racers.  So I would actually love it to be an elimination round and they get booted off.

Just don't think it will happen.  But it could.  Many season have had three teams racing in the final two episodes (1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 9 for example), and in 7 and 9 they did suffer the penalty (no money, and stripped of possessions), but I don't know if they would do that and a speed bump, but with the layout of most final episodes it is certainly possible.

What gets me is he tells her to make a decision, she does and then he argues. And then when he says he has to trust her more, etc but never does. Wasn't their relationship struggling before the race? Cause I think in earlier episodes they said something about that  :duno: