Author Topic: Episode 8 Commentary  (Read 39448 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Episode 8 Commentary
« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2007, 08:50:26 PM »
See wouldn't have been much nicer if they were penalized last episode.

However, the designers of the race, Mr. van Munster and Ms. Doganieri are reasonably smart people when it coming to making most things logical. To apply a penalty that will get wiped out at the beginning of the next leg by a bunching at the airport would be non-consequential. Doing that is reserved for Mr. Michael McKay who did exactly that in ARA1.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2007, 08:56:50 PM »
I was so intent on the last 10 minutes of this episode that my tape ran out about 4 minutes from the end and I did not notice until it had completely rewound. My taping is incomplete by those final 4 minutes.

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: December 30, 2007, 08:57:40 PM »
wow that episode had it all

why oh why kynt .... why didn't you U-turn Jehate

even my parents (first time viewers) visiting from the UK were shouting at you - it was like watching the show with Don  :lol:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: December 30, 2007, 08:58:21 PM »
Michael

Some penalties (or things like U-Turns, Yields or Intersection) kill teams.  Some it just pushed them to to a great leg to make up for it.

Now obviously I haven't watched the episode, but it looks like they could have stayed alive in the race.  Not only with the better use of the U-Turn, but also better racing for the 2nd half of the leg.

But the whole idea of the newer restrictions of non eliminations, is to make teams really, really earn the right to still be in the race.  And not to just let it be a blind pass.

And even if it takes down a team I like (which I certainly did for this team), I prefer it to the type of situation that they had before.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 30, 2007, 08:59:50 PM »
IA the same thing happened with Dustin and Kandice in TAR10 -- their penalty made them do awesome in the first half of their elimination leg, but they just lost it in the 2nd half.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2007, 09:03:56 PM »
LOL! While im a fan of Jen/Nate for some reason (although Don/Nick are my number 1) I was really hoping it was Ron/Christina.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: December 30, 2007, 09:08:27 PM »
IA the same thing happened with Dustin and Kandice in TAR10 -- their penalty made them do awesome in the first half of their elimination leg, but they just lost it in the 2nd half.

Actually I was glad on that one, that they did get bet all on their own and didn't have to worry about the 30 minutes.  THey were popular enough I didn't even want to think about all the complaints that would have happened.

But I am sure that stress really did help make them make mistakes (that and navigation, which boy did people suck at that in season 10).  Take ALL Stars, I was really surprised how well E & D did after being yielded the 2nd time (not to mention already being so far behind to not get bunched up.  Yet for whatever reasons (making cussing at Danny & Oswald and posting their pictures on his ass and crotch), they just rocked that episode (time wise).

I really can't wait to see how Kynt & Vyxsin fared stress wise.  And I wonder how much that did effect them, beyond normal race stress.

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2007, 09:48:44 PM »
2nd viewing of the episode

did anyone notice the close up of Vyxsin's thong while doing her Yoga moves
 :naughty:

cheeky camera man

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: December 30, 2007, 11:00:05 PM »
AAARRRGGHHH.

My mother called, I only got to watch the last 15 minutes of this episode.  It better by up on torrents soon, or I am going to flip.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: December 31, 2007, 12:38:59 AM »
Heya everyone.................................................Im back!!!! Them 4 teams head to Osaka, Japan in the next leg!!! Kynt and Vyxsin I love you so much and I wanted u in the game till the final!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! darn

Kiwi
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 31, 2007, 12:40:34 AM »
Welcome back Kiwi
-michael d

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2007, 12:41:44 AM »
welcome back kiwi  :waves:

puddin pie

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2007, 12:45:34 AM »
THANKS Y'ALL It feels good to be back I found out three nights ago while on holiday that I will be going to the United States in July or August 2008  and will be travelling around the States of U.S.A it will be my third trip there and I am looking forward to it
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #138 on: December 31, 2007, 12:54:15 AM »
Puddin what part of Texas do you live in

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #139 on: December 31, 2007, 12:58:09 AM »
Puddin what part of Texas do you live in
No, all me ex's live in Texas  :lol:! No wait thats Oklahoma! I live in Pa. Kiwi  :waves:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: December 31, 2007, 01:06:07 AM »
Darn I am going to Texas I can say hello to them If you want I am going to California, Nevada, Utah, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming and Hawaii on the way home

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #141 on: December 31, 2007, 01:13:00 AM »
Sounds like the Amazing Race family edition  :lol:! Wow must be nice Kiwi!
And no thanks, no hello's from me :snicker:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #142 on: December 31, 2007, 01:14:54 AM »
ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

I love my Goth's and am so proud of how they raced---but!!!! They could have gone on?? and Nate/Jen would have been gone?? I may never recover from this.....

:'( :( :groan: :( :'(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.