Author Topic: Quotes on the Non-Elims  (Read 6616 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Quotes on the Non-Elims
« on: December 23, 2007, 09:10:48 PM »
Liars!! *thank Goth!*

"The Amazing Race": The Emmy-winning reality show is not on the fall schedule and will return later. "The countries are very exotic," Littman says. "We're going to a couple of places that I don't even know where they are on the map. I've had to go look them up."

As for the teams? Lively.

"This is a tough group," Littman says. "They'll be younger. We still have a good balance."

The show will will do two fewer episdoes and drop the noneliminations to create more excitement.

link

Also adding to The Amazing Race 12's excitement level, according to van Munster, is the fact that the show has done away with non-elimination legs, a format change executive producer Jonathan Littman first revealed at the Television Critics Association summer press.

"The audience and ourselves, we're not crazy about non-eliminations," said van Munster.  "It's exciting to see people eliminated at the end of every episode."

Non-elimination legs have been part of The Amazing Race since the reality competition series first premiered in Fall 2001, and the show's fifth edition was the first in which teams were penalized for being the last to reach non-elimination Pit Stops.  Doing away with non-elimination legs means there will also be no more penalties, an aspect that van Munster said will also make The Amazing Race 12 more fast-paced.

The fact that a team will be eliminated at the end of every The Amazing Race 12 leg will also keep the contestants on their toes.
"For the contestants, the heat's on every step of the way," added van Munster.  "Every leg of the way the heat is on because they can be eliminated."

RTW

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: Quotes on the Non-Elims
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 09:13:02 PM »
haha
strategic lying for ratings?  :cmas28 (i'm obsessed with this emoticon)

Offline Red Devils

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 09:21:26 PM »
Haha.... looks like he's telling the "truth" in a "LIE"... I meant he really did say that's no more NEL.... and there's no more penalties in NEL as well.... cuz it's replaced by SPEED BUMP in the next episode?????? SO technically he's telling the truth that there's no more penalties in NEL? but that he's also lying when he said there's no more NEL????? :meow:

Hmmm.... oh wait... am I getting confused??????

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 12:51:47 AM »
:cmas28 (i'm obsessed with this emoticon)

I've seen that smilie on another board. I love it! :)

My question is this: Wouldn't the Speed Bump be constituted as a penalty? Think about it: The stripping of cash was a penalty for coming in last on a non-elimination leg; the stripping of all belongings and cash was a penalty; the "you have to win the next leg or suffer a penalty" was a penalty. Now you have the Speed Bump -- where you have to complete one extra task. I'm pretty sure that this is a penalty.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 11:01:50 AM »
In the news business, we called this "stretching the truth." BVM is very good at doing it. So we have two NEL's. Even though we were expecting elims all the way through and two TBC's, it's better this way, IMO. We just know for TAR13, not to trust anything BVM says. If Elise had said it, I might be able to look the other way because she's an attractive woman, but hell, BVM is just dogged ugly!  :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmas19 :cmas19 :cmas19
Just here to visit.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 06:58:01 PM »
Josh Wolk: it's our fault.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 07:22:58 PM »
He cracks me up  :cmaslol. I even have to giggle about the things that he writes about my favorites.
and its his fault! all he had to do was make a simple phonecall  :snicker:
They wrote it so often that I started to believe it, not bothering to make the easy phone call to CBS to verify it...

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 04:31:23 PM »
:cmas28 (i'm obsessed with this emoticon)

I've seen that smilie on another board. I love it! :)

My question is this: Wouldn't the Speed Bump be constituted as a penalty? Think about it: The stripping of cash was a penalty for coming in last on a non-elimination leg; the stripping of all belongings and cash was a penalty; the "you have to win the next leg or suffer a penalty" was a penalty. Now you have the Speed Bump -- where you have to complete one extra task. I'm pretty sure that this is a penalty.

If it walks like a duck, and it talks like a duck, it is a duck :yess:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 06:44:03 PM »
He cracks me up  :cmaslol. I even have to giggle about the things that he writes about my favorites.
and its his fault! all he had to do was make a simple phonecall  :snicker:
They wrote it so often that I started to believe it, not bothering to make the easy phone call to CBS to verify it...

Josh Wolk is either badly informed or has a poor memory. He has convenienly forgotten about the Littman and van Munster comments that started individual fans putting the "no NEL" twist onto various boards. We didn't just make this stuff up, even though Josh seems to say that. I have been kind enough to place a pointed COMMENT onto Josh's Entertainment Week website that basically reminds that it originated with Littman and van Munster.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 12:33:57 AM »
Link please!   :wohoo:

I want to see it!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.