Author Topic: EP 9: "I Just Hope He Doesn't Croak On Us"  (Read 113229 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
EP 9: "I Just Hope He Doesn't Croak On Us"
« on: December 22, 2007, 11:04:10 PM »
I Just Hope He Doesn't Croak On Us
Airs 1/6 start time is 8:30 pm due to the nfl on cbs

Osaka, Japan Date July 25th?

Lynn/Alex  make an unsubstantiated claim ("we also heard from a little bird") about China, thanks to Slowhatch.

Boingo -- Osaka, Japan

Kishiwada Castle  (Boingo)

Osaka Clown (Boingo)

Slowhatch: its Rennyo.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 02:17:36 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP 9: "I Just Hope He Doesn't Croak On Us"
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 11:06:40 PM »
Clues~
Web Clues

*One Racer begins showing signs of physical deterioration, prompting the Teammate to step up to the plate. But will it be enough?
*One volatile relationship takes a turn for the worse. Will the Team be able to get it together before it's too late?
*Taxi drivers have caused grief for Teams at the most inopportune times. Now, it's the revenge of the Racers as they don gloves and hats and drive Japanese passengers around the confusing streets of Osaka!

press release~

"I Just Hope He Doesn't Croak on Us" —
*The physicality of the race takes its toll on one of the racer's health
*One Racer can't perform at a Roadblock due to physical exhaustion,
*while another Racer blows a gasket when their taxi driver drops them off at the wrong location,
*while another team suffers  an emotional breakdown that threatens to ruin their performance

:bar:

Kansai International Airport 

Neobie: We connect through HK!

Chateau d if: This shot was taken here between 3:53 and 5:24 pm (assumes July 25th or 26th).

Kishiwada Castle, thanks Boingo   

Hard Rock Cafe Osaka, thanks Neobie

Detour

Boingo: Akazawa's PLEN robot

Roadblock
*Taxi drivers have caused grief for Teams at the most inopportune times. Now, it's the revenge of the Racers as they don gloves and hats and drive Japanese passengers around the confusing streets of Osaka!
Jen

Christina

Nick
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 05:17:54 PM by puddin »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 11:32:10 PM »
So he kicks the bucket in this leg? :cmas50 :cmas50 :cmas50
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 11:35:15 PM »
lol maybe Ron's hernia kicks in?  :snicker: .....and now I'm seaching India frogs because you never know?

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 01:05:52 AM »
Intersection perhaps? At that point there would be four teams ("This is forever, now" start 5 end 5 TBC/4; "They've got witch powers or something" start 5/4 end 4 TBC) and it hasn't occured yet so maybe it's an intersected racer talking about one of their teammates (presumably Ron/Don). Granted, an intersection with 4 teams on an elimination leg is kind of unfair (and if it's the first part of the TBC then it's almost meaningless).

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 10:53:42 AM »
Hope it's Ron, then if it's an elimination leg, we know he & Christina make it to the finals!

Belle Book

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2007, 11:10:35 AM »
How so Belle Book?

If it IS referring to Ron it could be said by Christina before the leg begins or during the leg as well

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 01:14:52 PM »
Well I personally think its Nicholas talking about Don.  He sounds like how they talk.

It certainly doesn't sound like something Christina would say.  And Ron wouls say something weirder.

THough I suppose it could be one of the other team members talking about either Don or Nic, but I don't see it.  Well need to see more clues and footage.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2007, 04:38:07 PM »
Looking at pictures of Jaisalmer, I doubt frongs could live there. I may be wrong though. It would help to have screencaps, because as far as we know, it could just be Nate and Jen having another one of their daily fights. They do come up with odd analogies for eachother in stressful times.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 08:24:12 PM »
Japan it is then! But does that mean Ronald/Christina make it to Taiwan? If Osaka eliminates them, Taiwan would have to be a non-elimination - and there'd be a Speed Bump on the final leg? Or are there more than eleven legs? Or Taiwan is part of the final leg? Or...? :pull

Checking out the airport roof in the preview, doesn't look like Mumbai Intl to me... Does anyone know how I could find a screencap?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 08:51:25 PM by Neobie »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 08:40:10 PM »
It sure looked like Japan in the preview to me rather than Taiwan.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 08:42:16 PM »
It is I saw the castle --
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 10:06:21 PM by puddin »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 08:45:07 PM »
We connect through HK!

« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 09:18:30 PM by Neobie »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007, 08:45:26 PM »
I will venture to say based on our Taiwan spoiler, Osaka is where Ron/Christina get the boot.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2007, 08:47:23 PM »
Kishiwada Castle, thanks to Slowhatch , I mean Boingo!  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 09:22:06 PM by puddin »

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2007, 09:08:12 PM »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2007, 09:16:27 PM »
Boingo has already named the castle in the cap as Kishiwada. If there are any dharma taiko inside, they keep them well hidden.  ;D

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2007, 09:48:59 PM »
The building behind Nick & Don? "Ito ku hi-"... OK I have no idea.

Are we confident that Ron/Chris do not make it to Taiwan? Are the producers willing to make the Taiwan leg a predictable non-elim, then put a Speed Bump on the final leg?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 10:02:20 PM by Neobie »

Offline retard boi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2007, 09:53:20 PM »
Well I personally think its Nicholas talking about Don.  He sounds like how they talk.

It certainly doesn't sound like something Christina would say.  And Ron wouls say something weirder.

THough I suppose it could be one of the other team members talking about either Don or Nic, but I don't see it.  Well need to see more clues and footage.

With Chateau's premonition that Ron/Chirstina are Philiminated in a few hours, the title should be about Don.

Chateau was all wet on that one.  So Ron/Christina are still in the race in Japan.
Please Gman, that was Chateau's speculation. Read the spoilers, Ron & Chris should be next.

how do we know that Ron&Chris are next , we only have reports on the winners and Granpa in the finale and the Taiwan reports. for all we know it's another NE leg and the dumb lost ones are the next to go.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007, 10:12:16 PM »

With Chateau's premonition that Ron/Chirstina are Philiminated in a few hours, the title should be about Don.

Chateau was all wet on that one.  So Ron/Christina are still in the race in Japan.
Please Gman, that was Chateau's speculation. Read the spoilers, Ron & Chris should be next.

how do we know that Ron&Chris are next , we only have reports on the winners and Granpa in the finale and the Taiwan reports. for all we know it's another NE leg and the dumb lost ones are the next to go.

According to the Taiwan reports, someone mentioned that the Asian team had already been eliminated, meaning that if it's true, then R/C would have to be eliminated in Osaka (granted I would love it if it weren't true).

This means that instead of a TBC, Taiwan's the final NEL and the unlucky team will get Speed Bumped during the finale, which, depending on the structure of the finale, could either screw a team out of a million dollars or be completely inconsequential.

Offline KingCrimson88

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2007, 10:14:28 PM »
The initial Taiwan spoiler didn't say that Ron/Chris were already eliminated, just that they may be very far behind. So I think Osaka is non-elim and Ron/Christina are still in the race in Taiwan. I don't think they would put a speed bump on the final leg. Remember, they want the teams to be close together heading in to the final city.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2007, 10:24:09 PM »
Phil never said if there were more than one speed-bumps but really I can't see a speed-bump in final leg either.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2007, 10:27:05 PM »
*He THINKS that there was an Asian team far behind or eliminated already because he was a good listener.  
*When he was walking into Taipei 101, he was literally 2 feet away from the blond racer and he heard the girl say something like “I wonder what the Asians would say if they came to this place”.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,12520.msg235640.html#msg235640

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2007, 10:30:32 PM »
If a team was "really far behind", it could be because they were last place in the Osaka leg which was a NEL, and then if there were no equalisers, they'd have fallen even further behind after having to complete the additional speedbump task as well

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2007, 10:31:59 PM »
I always thought it would be weird for one of the racers to refer to fellow racers as "the asians" since they would know their names, but now with the way everything played out I am behind this spoiler.