Author Topic: Denise F***ing LIED about her job!!!  (Read 11189 times)

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Denise F***ing LIED about her job!!!
« on: December 18, 2007, 07:43:04 AM »
I have to give ca_bb_fan credit for finding this in another topic, but I think it deserves its own post:
http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2007/12/school-superint.html?xid=rss-todayslatest-20071217-%20%20Survivor%20%20%3A+Did+Denise+lie%3F#09006355376442798863

Basically DENISE LIED about her job! If this is true...what a load of **** that I cared!

[The School] released a statement on Monday, on the Douglas Public School District website, explaining that [Denise] Martin was actually promoted to the position as custodian –- a promotion Lane claims [Denise] Martin asked for herself.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: Denise F***ing LIED about her job!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 07:50:24 AM »
I have to give ca_bb_fan credit for finding this in another topic, but I think it deserves its own post:
http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2007/12/school-superint.html?xid=rss-todayslatest-20071217-%20%20Survivor%20%20%3A+Did+Denise+lie%3F#09006355376442798863

Basically DENISE LIED about her job! If this is true...what a load of **** that I cared!

[The School] released a statement on Monday, on the Douglas Public School District website, explaining that [Denise] Martin was actually promoted to the position as custodian –- a promotion Lane claims [Denise] Martin asked for herself.

Makes you wonder if Mark Burnett regrets giving her the 50K now.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 08:28:21 AM »
A promotion?  How does that work out, going from a Lunch Lady to a Custodian?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 08:34:46 AM »
According to that thread, it means part time to full time, no benefits to benefits, and a raise....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 09:07:14 AM »
I hope this story does not cloud Todd's triumphant victory!

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 09:14:44 AM »
Make you wonder if Denise was really lieing of the school is coviering up.  Why would she talk so bad about her school if she plans to go back.  Denise said they did not want her interupting the day and made a comment about all the 3rd graders saying hello to her.  But the school is saying she is on the night shift.  If she is on the night shift how does she see any of the kids?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 09:20:18 AM »
I expect this is all CBS. They probably heard "now a custodian" --assumed that meant a demotion--asked her to talk about her sad story on camera --and the whole thing snowballed out of control. I'll bet it was just an exaggeration and never meant to be a deliberate lie.  But way to get an Awwwww....moment on the Finale and lots of buzz after.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 10:30:34 AM »
well--here's what she said:

and here's what the school says:

Douglas Public Schools superintendent Nancy T. Lane released a statement about Denise Martin:

“…stated that she was demoted from her position as a cafeteria worker upon her return from taping the show. This statement is false. In fact, Mrs. Martin held a full-time position as a custodian prior to her participation in the series, and she returned to this same position upon her return from China. Mrs. Martin was granted — at her request — an unpaid leave of absence so that she could participate in the ‘Survivor’ program. We were pleased and excited to support Denise, and have enthusiastically cheered her on throughout the duration of the show.

Although Mrs. Martin was a cafeteria employee prior to her selection as a contestant, she asked to be considered for a promotion to full-time custodian, and was promoted to this position on March 30, 2007. This promotion came with additional benefits and a higher salary. Following her leave, she then returned to this same position.

Regretfully, the Douglas Public School District was inaccurately portrayed as failing to be accommodating to an employee during what the District viewed as a ‘once-in-a-lifetime’ opportunity. This is far from the case. On the contrary, we granted all requests made by Mrs. Martin so that she could participate in the ‘Survivor’ series. Since Mrs. Martin was on an approved leave, her position was held open for her, and she returned to this same position upon her return from China. As a District, we make every effort to support our employees, and will continue to do so.”
LINK

Lane said Martin apologized Monday by phone from Hollywood. Lane wants CBS to set the record straight, and spent much of her day Monday on the phone with a lawyer for the network. She got little satisfaction.

"They did explain to me today that reality doesn’t necessarily mean factual," Lane said.

This is just sad for everyone.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 10:35:17 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 12:05:01 PM »
  :kisses Thank you Rob for the acknowledgment.

My first impression of Denise was to bad your lifestyle is your own choice,
but seeing it's Christmas and I'm trying to be nice I had an ounce of sympathy for her.

I do however believe in Karma and the Judicial System.

If she has already cashed that check, it doesn't matter.
She will never be able to afford the legal costs and fees from Mark Burnett and CBS.

It will be interesting to hear the ending to this one.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 12:17:13 PM by ca bb fan »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 12:40:19 PM »
Here is the CBS Early Show video from this AM where Denise and the school superintendent go over the facts.

Denise is very apologetic.

Turns out she did take that job before Survivor, but realized while she was away that the night shift kept her away from her family--but there was no opening available  for a return to her former position when she came back. So she really didn't exactly  lie--turns out it just wasn't the whole story. The school superintendent did a great job explaining.

A sad ending for Denise's time on Survivor. 

Moving on now...   :xmas49
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 03:24:41 PM »
Douglas is on the border of Rhode Island and Massachusetts. It's a very strange town. Always has been.
Just here to visit.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 12:45:54 AM »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 12:37:35 PM »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2007, 12:47:47 PM »
Thanks RFW! More from People:

Denise Martin didn’t win the grand prize on Sunday’s Survivor: China live finale but the popular “lunch lady,” as she’s known to fans, earned herself one very nice consolation prize—$50,000 from producer Mark Burnett after revealing that she’d lost her job when she appeared on the reality show.

But by Tuesday morning, Martin was on the CBS Early Show answering allegations that she did not, in fact, lose her job as she claimed during Sunday’s telecast. She has since donated the $50,000 to the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, which is the pet charity of Survivor.

“It was not my intention to be misleading,” Martin said, responding to a
press release issued by the Douglas, Mass., school superintendent Nancy T. Lane on the school’s web site on Monday.

“Nancy has been outstanding to me….I appreciate everything they’ve done, and I’m sorry. I apologize to everybody. If none of this had happened, I could never say I’m sorry enough.”

In the release, Lane says in part: “Although Mrs. Martin was a cafeteria employee prior to her selection as a contestant, she asked to be considered for a promotion to full-time custodian, and was promoted to this position on March 30, 2007. This promotion came with additional benefits and a higher salary. Following her leave, she then returned to this same position.”

Originally, Martin claimed her new custodial job—while found her working nights—adversely affected her family, offering her little time to spend with her children.

After Sunday’s telecast, Martin said her surprise prize money was a real boon. “I was in shock,” she told PEOPLE. “I couldn’t believe that [Burnett] actually did that.”

For her part, Lane says everybody is disappointed by Martin’s fabrications. “We did nothing but encourage her,” she told Entertainment Weekly.

“Douglas is a nice little town. Everybody was rooting for her, the local paper was bending over backwards with positive articles. Then to have it end this way. Talk about a letdown.”
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2007, 03:11:23 PM »
Well that's the honourable thing to do.

Although I'm speculating that this is a result of a settlement and not out of her own free will.

Glad I don't have to hear about her any more.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007, 06:35:04 PM »
I really like Denise and I believe her !!!! overall though!!!!!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007, 06:38:06 PM »
mullet love <3