Author Topic: 2009-10 Network Schedules  (Read 8984 times)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
2009-10 Network Schedules
« on: May 18, 2009, 12:02:05 PM »
Last night, my network sources kept telling me about shows that were renewed, shows that were canceled, shows that were delayed, etc.

Here's Fox's primetime schedule for 2009-10. Unfortunately, The Sarah Connor Chronicles was canceled. Take a look:

The Fox fall 2009 schedule:

Monday - 8 p.m., “House”; 9 p.m., “Lie to Me”

Tuesday - 8 p.m., “So You Think You Can Dance” (two hours)

Wednesday - 8 p.m., “So You Think You Can Dance” results show; 9 p.m., “Glee”

Thursday - 8 p.m., “Bones”; 9 p.m., “Fringe”

Friday - 8 p.m. “Brothers” (new comedy); 8:30 p.m., “Til Death”; 9 p.m., “Dollhouse”

Saturday - 8 p.m., “Cops”; 9 p.m., “America’s Most Wanted”

Sunday - 7 p.m., Football OT; 8 p.m., “The Simpsons”; 8:30 p.m., “The Cleveland Show”; 9 p.m., “Family Guy”; 9:30 p.m., “American Dad”

The Fox winter 2010 schedule:

Monday - 8 p.m., “House”; 9 p.m., “24”

Tuesday - 8 p.m., “American Idol”; 9 p.m., “Past Life” (new drama)

Wednesday - 8 p.m., “American Idol” results show; 9 p.m., “Human Target” (new drama)/ “Glee” (returns in spring)

Thursday - 8 p.m., “Bones”; 9 p.m., “Fringe”

Friday - 8 p.m. “Brothers” (new comedy); 8:30 p.m., “Til Death”; 9 p.m., “Dollhouse”

Saturday - 8 p.m., “Cops”; 9 p.m., “America’s Most Wanted”

Sunday - 7 p.m., Animation repeats; 7:30 p.m., “American Dad”; 8 p.m., “The Simpsons”; 8:30 p.m., “Sons of Tucson” (new comedy); 9 p.m., “Family Guy”; 9:30 p.m., “Cleveland Show”

We'll have ABC's schedule tomorrow and CBS' on Wednesday.
Just here to visit.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: 2009-10 Network Schedules
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 01:27:49 PM »
CBS is adding some shows:

Upfronts: CBS to Add Six Shows
By Bill Carter

CBS will announce its fall schedule on Wednesday but it told producers of six shows Monday that the network will order their series for the new season.

Two medical dramas will be included. “Three Rivers” will star Julia Ormond (“Benjamin Button”) and Alex O’Loughlin (“Moonlight”) about a team of transplant surgeons. “Miami Trauma” will deal with the intense work of a trauma unit in South Florida; it stars Jeremy Northham (“The Tudors”).

A new legal drama, “The Good Wife,” will star Julianna Margulies of “E.R.” as a woman whose husband, a Chicago district attorney, is sent to prison, forcing her to go to work as a junior associate in a law firm to support her three children. Christine Baranski (“Cybill”) co- stars.

A fourth drama, the still untitled spin-off of “NCIS,” had already been announced.

CBS will add one new comedy, “Accidentally on Purpose,” which stars Jenna Elfman (“Dharma and Greg”) as a woman in her 30’s who gets pregnant during a brief affair with a man 10 years younger ­ and changes her life to raise the baby.

CBS’s sixth new entry will be a reality show called “Undercover Boss,” which will use hidden cameras to show what happens when the head of a big corporation goes undercover as an ordinary worker in his company.

Source - http://tvdecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/18/upfronts-cbs-to-add-six-shows/
Just here to visit.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 01:29:20 PM »
ABC is adding a whole slew of shows:

Upfronts: ABC’s Long List of New Shows
By Edward Wyatt

ABC on Tuesday is expected to announce a lineup for the 2009-2010 television season that contains no fewer than seven new dramas and four new comedies, according to people who have been apprised of the network’s plans.

The heavy slate of new programming reflects the network’s continuing attempts to find a breakout hit beyond its long-running series “Desperate Housewives” and “Grey’s Anatomy.” Though those series continue to rank in the top five shows on television among the viewers that are most desirable to advertisers, they have not been enough to push ABC to the top of the overall network rankings.

ABC officials declined to comment on Monday about the network’s plans, which will be unveiled at a press conference Tuesday morning and in a presentation to advertisers later in the day in New York.
Two people who were briefed confidentially on the network’s plans and who therefore spoke on the condition of anonymity said that several of the new dramas scheduled to have their premieres in the fall or the spring have supernatural elements. They include “Eastwick,” based on the John Updike novel about three witches in a New England town; “V,” a revival of the 1980’s series about the arrival of a group of seemingly peaceful aliens on Earth; and “Flash Forward,” in which everyone on Earth gets a glimpse of their futures and tries to adjust to what they now know is coming.

The more familiar crime and legal genres will contribute a few new dramas as well, including “Happy Town,” about a Minnesota village whose tranquility is shattered by its first crime in years; “The Deep End,” about four eager young associates at a Los Angeles law firm; “Copper,” which focuses on a crew of rookie police officers; and “The Forgotten,” a series about a crew of amateur crime fighters that is being produced by Jerry Bruckheimer’s studio at Warner Brothers Television.

ABC also plans to announce four new half-hour comedies, all of them headlined by familiar and highly successful lead actors. “Cougar Town,” stars Courtney Cox Arquette (“Friends”) as a 40-year-old divorced mom who reenters the dating scene in a football-crazy Florida town; and “Hank” features Kelsey Grammer (“Frasier”) as a former tycoon who, forced out of his job, begins spending a lot of time with his family.

Also on tap are “The Middle,” starring Patricia Heaton (“Everybody Loves Raymond”) as the matriarch of a working-class Midwestern family; and “Modern Family,” a documentary-style look at three families created by Steven Levitan and Chris Lloyd, whose credits include “Frasier.” One of the families includes Ed O’Neill, best known for his long run as Al Bundy on “Married with Children.”

ABC also is expected to bring back several series whose survival were in question, the people briefed on the announcement said, including the comedies “Better Off Ted” and “Scrubs,” the drama “Castle” and the unscripted series “True Beauty.”

Two other new reality shows also will be added to the schedule, including “The Shark Tank,” in which entrepreneurs pitch business ideas to potential investors, and a food-related series in which British chef Jamie Oliver travels to various American cities to help citizens learn how to use healthy, local ingredients in their diets.

ABC had previously announced that it would return next season with a number of its most popular series, including “Brothers & Sisters,” “Private Practice,” “Ugly Betty” and “Dancing with the Stars.”
The network is expected to use its heavy slate of new dramas in an aggressive push for new audiences in the 10 p.m. time period, when for the first time next fall its only competition in scripted series will be coming from CBS. The Fox stations feature local news at 10 p.m., and NBC will begin Jay Leno’s new primetime talk show during that time period.

The plethora of new shows also raises the question of whether ABC will follow the lead of Fox in trying to more aggressively court audiences with scripted series on Friday nights, which in recent years has been the reserved for reality or news programming. On Monday, Fox said it would schedule its young series “Fringe,” which relies heavily on DVR and online viewing, on Friday nights, as well as a new comedy series with two African-American lead characters, “Brothers.”

Several relatively new – and heavily promoted – series will not return in the fall to ABC, including “Samantha Who?,” the Christina Applegate series that performed well when it followed “Dancing with the Stars” but which did not sustain those ratings in other time periods. Among series that failed to earn a second season on ABC are “Life on Mars” and “The Unusuals,” two quirky police dramas, and the comedies “In the Motherhood” and “Cupid.”

Also likely to disappear is the long-running comedy series “According to Jim” and a new series, “Surviving Suburbia.”

Source - http://tvdecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/18/upfronts-abcs-long-list-of-new-shows/
Just here to visit.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 04:06:14 PM »
A Fall season of American Idol?????? I see 24 listed as well... They must mean starting in January.

Glee looks like it might be a fun show to watch.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 05:15:32 PM »
TL, there's two different schedules, one for fall, the other for winter. AI and 24 are in the winter sked.
Just here to visit.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 05:36:56 PM »
TL, there's two different schedules, one for fall, the other for winter. AI and 24 are in the winter sked.

Oh yeah.. I was so thrilled about 24, I forgot that part. LOL

(I have football to consume me in the Fall... what else do I need.)  ;)
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 09:33:07 AM »
ABC's Primetime Schedule:

MONDAY:
    8:00 p.m. Dancing with the Stars (two-hours)
    10:00 p.m. Castle

TUESDAY:
    8:00 p.m. Shark Tank
    9:00 p.m. Dancing with the Stars the Results Show
    10:00 p.m. The Forgotten

WEDNESDAY:
    8:00 p.m. Hank
    8:30 p.m. The Middle
    9:00 p.m. Modern Family
    9:30 p.m. Cougar Town
    10:00 p.m. Eastwick

THURSDAY:
    8:00 p.m. Flash Forward
    9:00 p.m. Grey’s Anatomy
    10:00 p.m. Private Practice

FRIDAY:
    8:00 p.m. Supernanny
    9:00 p.m. Ugly Betty
    10:00 p.m. 20/20

SATURDAY:
    8:00 p.m. Saturday Night College Football

SUNDAY:
    7:00 p.m. America’s Funniest Home Videos
    8:00 p.m. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
    9:00 p.m. Desperate Housewives
    10:00 p.m. Brothers & Sisters

After DWTS ends, The Bachelor will air Monday nights, and Scrubs and Better Off Ted will air on Tuesdays.
Just here to visit.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 11:00:00 AM »
NBC’s fall schedule:

MONDAY: 8-Heroes, 9-Trauma, 10-Jay Leno

TUESDAY: 8-The Biggest Loser, 10-Jay Leno

WEDNESDAY: 8-Parenthood, 9-Law & Order SVU; 10-Jay Leno

THURSDAY: 8-Weekend Update, 8:30-Parks and Recreation, 9-The Office, 9:30-Community, 10-Jay Leno.

FRIDAY: 8-Law & Order, 9-Southland, 10-Jay Leno.

SATURDAY: 8-Dateline, 9-repeats.

SUNDAY: Sunday Night Football

Goners: Life, Medium (possibly to CBS), My Name is Earl (possibly to ABC or Fox)

Mid-Season replacement: Chuck (on after the Winter Olympics in February)

Friday Night Lights returns in Summer 2010 after initial run on DirecTV.
Just here to visit.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 08:57:11 AM »
CBS' Schedule:

Here's a look at CBS' fall schedule:

Monday

8 p.m. - "How I Met Your Mother"

8:30 p.m. – "Accidentally on Purpose" (new comedy)

9 p.m. – "Two and a Half Men"

9:30 p.m. – "The Big Bang Theory"

10 p.m. – "CSI: Miami"

Tuesday

8 p.m. – "NCIS"

9 p.m. – "NCIS: Los Angeles"

10 p.m. – "The Good Wife" (new drama)

Wednesday

8 p.m. – "The New Adventures of Old Christine"

8:30 p.m. – "Gary Unmarried"

9 p.m. – "Criminal Minds"

10 p.m. – "CSI: NY"

Thursday

8 p.m. – "Survivor"

9 p.m. – "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation"

10 p.m. – "The Mentalist"

Friday

8 p.m. – "Ghost Whisperer"

9 p.m. – "Medium"

10 p.m. – "Numbers"

Saturday

8 p.m. – Drama repeats

9 p.m. – Drama repeats

10 p.m. – "48 Hours Investigations"

Sunday

7 p.m. – "60 Minutes"

8 p.m. – "The Amazing Race"
  :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess:

9 p.m. – "Three Rivers" (new drama)

10 p.m. – "Cold Case"

MID-SEASON – Miami Trauma, The Bridge, Undercover Boss, Arranged Marriage, Rules of Engagement
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 09:15:23 AM by TARAsia Fan »
Just here to visit.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 10:00:08 AM »
Here's the CW's fall schedule:

Monday - 8 p.m., "Gossip Girl"; 9 p.m., "One Tree Hill"

Tuesday - 8 p.m., "90210"; 9 p.m., "Melrose Place" (new drama)

Wednesday - 8 p.m., "America's Next Top Model"; 9 p.m., "The Beautiful Life"

Thursday - 8 p.m., "Vampire Diaries" (new drama); 9 p.m., "Supernatural"

Friday - 8 p.m., "Smallville"; 9 p.m., "America's Next Top Model" (repeats)

The CW has given up on sitcom and weekend programming I guess.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 10:28:41 AM »
I read that CW gave up on Sundays for sure, they can't compete with the other networks. Rather they wil show info commecials or something like that. Really do any of you watch the CW? I get 3 different channels of the CW on my cable, WTF? It must be cheap for my cable to broadcast.

Thanks for the updates Ken :)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2009, 10:33:41 AM »
I hate the CW

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2009, 11:22:21 AM »
Really do any of you watch the CW? I get 3 different channels of the CW on my cable, WTF? It must be cheap for my cable to broadcast.

Any time, darling.  :hearts: :hearts:

I would watch CW if Melrose Place is interesting. Having been a fan of Melrose especially in the middle years, I'll be watching the first few episodes to see if they match the intensity of those great seasons. We'll see.
Just here to visit.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 09:43:58 AM »
yay Courtney Cox Arquette is back :hearts:
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 03:30:08 PM »
Are you sure you want to celebrate that? Are you talking about the early 1990's Courtney or the Courtney of the last two years? :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 03:40:53 PM »
I read that CW gave up on Sundays for sure, they can't compete with the other networks. Rather they wil show info commecials or something like that. Really do any of you watch the CW? I get 3 different channels of the CW on my cable, WTF? It must be cheap for my cable to broadcast.

I now get 3 MYNets and 2 CW's .. WTF? Losers!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 06:42:39 PM »
Are you sure you want to celebrate that? Are you talking about the early 1990's Courtney or the Courtney of the last two years? :lol:
ok, I have to admit I haven't seen dirty sexy money, but I've heard it was good
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move