Author Topic: The Biggest Loser Couples Season 5  (Read 54522 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Biggest Loser Couples Season 5
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2008, 02:28:46 AM »

This Week on The Biggest Loser Couples

ONE TEAM SURPRISED WITH TRIP TO VEGAS

The competition heats up as only eight players remain.

One team is surprised with a special trip to Las Vegas, but will they maintain their diets and workouts in Sin City, or give in to temptation?

Then, in a very emotional elimination, one unsuspecting player makes the ultimate sacrifice for their team.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2008, 03:08:08 AM »
Update: The Biggest Loser Couples Tonight

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-biggest-loser/the-biggest-loser-episode-59-r-17024.aspx

On tonight’s episode of The Biggest Loser, Kelly had to deal with being alone after her partner, and ex-husband Paul, was voted out last week. The black team is going to have to figure out how they can take down the blue team, who has been dominating most of the season. As last week’s biggest loser, Jay’s prize was an envelope that said, “Vegas, baby, Vegas”. The entire blue team has won a trip to Vegas. Bob was not as excited as his team was, reminding them to be careful. He laid down the rules: no buffets, no restaurants, no drinking.

The blue team takes off for Sin City and decided to work out first. They adopt a new mantra on their trip: WWBD, which translated means What Would Bob Do. The black team plays dirty, sending their opponents room service with all the food to keep them from winning the weigh in. Once they realized who it was from, they left it all untouched and headed out to gamble.

The next morning, Mark and Jay went to work out while Roger and Dan decided to sleep in. When Mark and Jay didn’t wake the other two up, the blue team erupts into a yelling match. Roger mans up and goes to work out while Dan stays in bed. The team puts their differences aside and all decide to get tattoos before heading home.

Once back, it was time for a challenge right away. The teams would have to complete The Biggest Loser obstacle course in order to win. Each member of the winning team will receive a trip for two to Puerto Rico. The blue team easily won but the black team, slowed by down by Kelly, finished strong and crossed the finish line together.

The entire episode, Jillian felt that Brittany has been turning in terrible numbers at the weigh in. She pushes her to her breaking point in her last chance workout, making her run 14 miles per hour on a treadmill. Brittany kept giving up but Jillian would not back down until she completed her task.

At tonight’s weigh in, the black team went first:

Kelly: 6 pound loss
Maggie: 8 pound loss
Brittany: 6 pound loss
Bernie: 10 pound loss

The black team lost 30 pounds this week for a total percentage of weight loss of 3.69%. After that, it was up to the blue team to lose more than 34 pounds to win. Here’s what happened:

Dan: 7 pound loss
Roger: 8 pound loss
Jay: 7 pound loss
Mark: 1 pound loss

In a shocking weigh in, Mark only lost 1 pound, “hitting the wall” as they say on the show. The black team wins and Bernie is this week’s biggest loser. Dan is the biggest loser on the blue team and has immunity meaning the brothers are probably in trouble.  Instead of battling it out with his team, Mark sacrifices himself and lets Roger stay in the game, in an emotional decision.  His entire team sends Mark home, including his brother. 

To date, Mark has lost 90 pounds. 

Mark has been eliminated

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2008, 11:34:43 AM »
Thanks for the summary, I missed the show

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2008, 12:15:17 AM »
Thanks for the summary, I missed the show

:-* Oh too bad you missed it, wow the the guys were crying.

It was very emotional, really surprised me.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2008, 12:18:34 AM »
THIS WEEK ON THE BIGGEST LOSER COUPLES

CONTESTANTS TACKLE ONE OF THE BIGGEST CHALLENGES IN SHOWS HISTORY

After revisiting the hospital to check in on their progress,

the remaining players face off in one of the biggest challenges in Biggest Loser history

They must fly across a ravine on zip-lines and collect flags.

One player gets the chance to give immunity to himself or one of his teammates,

and his decision ultimately affects his own fate.

And a shocking announcement at the weigh-in changes the way the rest of the game will be played.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2008, 11:48:27 PM »
The Biggest Loser Couples

On tonight’s episode of The Biggest Loser, the contestants had to face a tough temptation. One at a time, they would have to go to a vending machine. The machine would drop any random item inside and if it was junk food, they’d have to eat it. However, if it dropped a pack of Extra gum, it could contain a cash prize of a 1 pound pass at the next weigh in.

Roger decides to participate and gets gum, worth $1,000. On his next drop, though, he gets a bag of chips. He chooses again and gets the 1 pound pass. Happy with what he received, he heads back to his blue team. Dan had terrible luck at first, eating snack after snack, racking up 1100 calories, making himself sick. Finally, a little change in his luck. He grabs $9,500 total from the packs of gum. On Jay’s first try, he gets a 1 pound pass and doesn’t have to eat anything.

The black team heads to the vending machines next. Kelly eats over 850 calories, with nothing to show for it, except a little sickness. On his second try, Bernie grabs $2,000. On his next try, he gets $500 and after that, the 1 pound pass. Brittany also won a 1 pound pass, but no cash. Maggie went last and got her 1 pound pass right away, ending her turn.  At the end of the temptation, Alison does not tell any of the contestants who won what, leaving them to wonder.

The contestants head back to the hospital for an update on their health, where they first began their journey.  It is no surprise that everyone's health has improved since they began their journey ten weeks earlier.  After their consultations, they are surprised by season 2 contestant, Dr. Jeff, who knows first hand what it is like to be a survivor of obesity.
Tonight's reward challenge featured one of the most extreme in Biggest Loser history.  Contestants had to fly down a zip line and grab as many flags as they could in five minutes.  The winner will get to become a fighter pilot for a day.  If you're not a fan of heights, then this is not your day!  The blue team pulled off another win but first, had a weigh in to deal with before they could enjoy their prize.

As last week's biggest loser, Bernie received a prize and chose gameplay.  He found out that he could grant immunity to any player other than himself.  When he suggested giving it to Brittany, Kelly felt that it wasn't the smartest move.  Bernie, with every intention of winning the weigh in, hoped that this wouldn't even have to be an issue.

At the weigh in, Allison announced that everyone had won a 1 pound pass except Kelly and Dan.  She also shocked the players by announcing that this has just become an individual game.  If any blue team member falls behind the yellow line, they'll be picked off since the black team has the numbers to control the game.  However, that most likely will not be a problem.  Before they step on the scale, Bernie decides to hand over the immunity to Brittany, keeping her safe.  Here are the numbers from tonight's weigh in:

Brittany: 5 pound loss (3.35%)
Kelly: 6 pound loss (2.83%)
Jay: 7 pound loss (3.62%)
Roger: 9 pound loss (3.73%)
Maggie: 6 pound loss (3.68%)
Dan: 8 pound loss (3.65%)
Bernie: 6 pound loss (3.48%)

Roger reached a milestone tonight, having lost over 100 pounds since starting The Biggest Loser.  Dan is right behind him, having lost 99 pounds since he has come to campus.  Bernie and Kelly fall behind the yellow line and are up for elimination.  Had Bernie not given Brittany the immunity, she would have been below the yellow line in his place but he says that he wouldn't have done anything differently.  With only two black team members voting, the blue team basically gets to make the elimination decision.  They choose to send Bernie home.

Bernie has been eliminated

Source: http://www.buddytv.com/news.aspx

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2008, 04:33:12 PM »
They should have eliminated Roger when they had the chance. Everyone knows that men always win this show. The three girls will be the next ones gone and Roger will win. However I find the black team stupid for voting off Paul last week.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2008, 10:01:43 PM »

NEXT WEEK ON THE BIGGEST LOSER

ALL CONTESTANTS RETURN TO RANCH IN SURPRISE TWIST

It's down to the six final contestants, but not for long.

In a shocking twist, all fourteen of the players eliminated so far return to the ranch and surprise the six.

At weigh in, the scale reveals how the eliminated contestants have done on their own at home, and the man and woman who

have lost the most weight get to the return to the game!

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2008, 07:03:22 PM »
OOH if they return do some of the 6 leave?

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2008, 07:17:09 PM »
OOH if they return do some of the 6 leave?

What at surprise to find this out, but I'm assuming that it will remain the same and one person will be voted off.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2008, 07:21:14 PM »
The Biggest Loser: All Contestants Return in Next Week's Episode

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-biggest-loser/the-biggest-loser-all-contesta-17323.aspx

In an unexpected twist, all fourteen of the players eliminated so far in this season's The Biggest Loser will return to the ranch to surprise the final six contestants vying for the winning title.  However, they'll be making more than just a guest appearance as their self-discipline and determination off-screen will be put to the test.

The 11th episode of season 5 focuses on the eliminated contestants as they weigh in and reveal how much effort they have put in on their own at home.  At weigh in, the scale reveals the man and the woman who have lost the most weight and who eventually get to return to the game for another shot at the $250,000 grand prize.

The returning hopefuls vying for a second chance on the show are:

The Strangers
Bernardo Salazar, a 27-year-old teacher from Chicago, Illinois.  He was eliminated on March 4. His partner Brittany Aberle,a 22-year-old hair stylist from San Jacinto, California, has so far avoided elimination and continues in the competition.

Husband and Wife
Curtis Bray, a 35-year-old graphic designer from Los Angeles, and wife Mallory Bray, a 36-year-old business owner.  They were axed from the show on January 8.

Mother and Daughter
Bette Sue Burkland, a 53-year-old hairstylist from Mesa, Arizona and daughter Alison Vincent, a 32-year-old hairstylist.  Both where eliminated on January 22.

Mother and Son
Jackie Evans, a 49-year-old CEO of a non-profit organization.  She was eliminated on February 5, but her son Dan Evans, a 21-year-old musician from Frankfort, Illinois, has not yet been eliminated and continues on in The Biggest Loser.

Ex-wife and Ex-husband
Paul Marks, a 43-year-old Space Center employee from Rockledge, Florida.  He was eliminated on February 19.  His partner, ex-wife Kelly Fields, a 38-year-old nurse from Titusville, Florida, is also still in the competition.

Husband and Wife
Neill Harmer, a 28-year-old web developer from Bethany, Oklahoma, and Amanda Harmer, a 29-year-old teacher.  They were sent home on January 15.

Best Friends
Jennifer Widder, a 22-year-old assistant director at a weight loss camp from River Edge, New Jersey.  They were taken out of the show individually on January 29.  Her BFF Maggie King, a 23-year-old counselor at a weight loss camp from Denville, New Jersey, has thus far successfully avoided elimination.

Brothers
Mark Kruger, a 35-year-old aerial device sales representative from Dartmouth, Massachusetts.  He was sent home on February 26.  His brother Jay Kruger, a 31-year-old aerial device account manager from Bedford, Massachusetts has not yet been eliminated and is still in the competition.

Former Football Teammates
Trent Patterson, a 39-year-old security coordinator from Endicott, New York.  He was axed from the show on February 12. His partner  Roger Shultz, a 40-year-old associate athletic director from Enterprise, Alabama, has not been eliminated and will continue on for a chance to win.

Father and Daughter
Lynn Westphal, a 60-year-old interior decorator from Elyria, Ohio, and Jenni Westphal, a 31-year-old nanny from North Ridgeville, Ohio.  Both were eliminated on January 1.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2008, 07:08:48 AM »
Update: The Biggest Loser Couples

Two of The Biggest Loser: Couples' previously eliminated contestants were brought back into the competition and no one was eliminated.

Ali posted the highest weight-loss percentage of the previously eliminated females and was reintroduced into the competition after initially being booted in Week 4.

"It felt amazing to know I was back in the game," said Ali.  "I'm ready for it now.  I wanted my second chance and I got it."

Mark posted the highest weight-loss percentage of the previously eliminated males and was reintroduced into the competition after initially being booted two weeks ago.

"I wanted to get back on this show more than I wanted to get on it originally," said Mark.  "I'm back and I'm ready to finish what I started... This is my second chance.  I'm not going to spoil it."

Source: http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/the-biggest-loser-couples-adds-two-more-contestants-cuts-no-one-6705.php

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2008, 01:09:01 PM »
Okay we all knew it was going to be mark... This should scare the rest as  it brigns the brothers back together and brings back someone who is a strong competitor.  Sounds like Ali has a vengance and does not care about making friends.  But she should try and make an alliance to stay in the game

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2008, 05:03:30 PM »
Okay we all knew it was going to be mark... This should scare the rest as  it brigns the brothers back together and brings back someone who is a strong competitor.  Sounds like Ali has a vengance and does not care about making friends.  But she should try and make an alliance to stay in the game

I agree Texan and wonder why the show would bring back two contestants and the two with the most weight loss.

I don't think anyone is happy to see them back competting but what can you do they are back.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2008, 11:32:24 PM »
Update: The Biggest Loser Couples

The contestants meet Alison at the mall and talk about the difficulties they faced as overweight people who wanted to shop in department stores. She surprised them with Project Runway’s fashion guru, Tim Gunn, to help them with their new looks. Though the contestants had some input, it was Gunn who had the final say in what they would wear for their photo shoots. Tim also gave them the good news that Macy’s was giving them their entire new look as well as a $1,000 gift card. When the contestants showed off their new looks on the runway, they were surprised by their loved ones, which brought them to tears.

When everyone arrived back at the ranch, a challenge awaited them. The contestants had to run backwards on treadmills which were suspended over a pool. The winner will receive a trip to a resort in Utah. Kelly fell first, followed by Dan. After that, Brittany hit the water as did Roger and Jay.  Only Mark and Ali were left in the competition but it was Mark, the challenge kind, who prevailed and won that trip.

After a brutal last chance workout, it was time for the weigh in.  Here are the numbers:

Ali: 5 pounds (3.13%)
Mark: 3 pounds (1.60%)
Dan: 8 pounds (3.86%)
Brittany: 2 pounds (1.16%)
Roger: 9 pounds (3.59%)
Jay: 3 pounds (1.44%)
Kelly: 3 pounds (1.49%)
Kelly barely squeaked by, leaving Brittany and Jay to fall below the yellow line.  At the elimination ceremony, the blue team came together to save Jay and send Brittany home.

Brittany has been Eliminated

Source: http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-biggest-loser/the-biggest-loser-episode-512-17748.aspx

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2008, 02:07:59 PM »
Thanks CA!  I forgot the show was on last night.  Poor Brittany but you knew the boys would stick together.  I predict Mark as the winner.

Offline suey3b

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2008, 02:19:42 PM »
Unfortunately, my wife and I had to miss the show last night ... well, the video part of it anyhow.  I know this isn't a 'technical forum', and I posted this in another forum as well, but it's really burning me up.  We set our DVR to record Biggest Loser and another show at the same time last night.  The only thing we got on the Biggest Loser recording was the audio - no video at all!  The same with my wife's recording of Oprah that she recorded at 4pm.  Odd that they were both NBC shows.  The other three shows that we recorded yesterday on other networks were all ok.  I called the cable company to complain and they suggested that NBC encrypted the shows and that's why we were unable to view them. How ridiculous is that??!?!?  Anyone else out there record Biggest Loser last night on a DVR?  Was it ok?  Thanks for your input.  I think I'm gonna have to have it out with our cable company.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2008, 02:29:43 PM »
Unfortunately, my wife and I had to miss the show last night ... well, the video part of it anyhow.  I know this isn't a 'technical forum', and I posted this in another forum as well, but it's really burning me up.  We set our DVR to record Biggest Loser and another show at the same time last night.  The only thing we got on the Biggest Loser recording was the audio - no video at all!  The same with my wife's recording of Oprah that she recorded at 4pm.  Odd that they were both NBC shows.  The other three shows that we recorded yesterday on other networks were all ok.  I called the cable company to complain and they suggested that NBC encrypted the shows and that's why we were unable to view them. How ridiculous is that??!?!?  Anyone else out there record Biggest Loser last night on a DVR?  Was it ok?  Thanks for your input.  I think I'm gonna have to have it out with our cable company.

:waves: Hello suey3b

I saw your other post I'm no tech but I can try to help I can only guess that it was a settings problem on your DVR

but I'll be back later while I do some searching about that for you hopefully you will get a better answer.

For now you can view the episode you missed on the Biggest Loser Couples here: http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser_5/

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2008, 02:41:11 PM »

Thanks CA!  I forgot the show was on last night.  Poor Brittany but you knew the boys would stick together.  I predict Mark as the winner.

Oh tooo bad you missed it. It was a really good episode. I really liked seeing their makeovers all dressed up instead of BL workout wear.

Tim Gunn choose this pretty pink dress for Brittany that had a really low neck line and she was worried about that.

I have to tell you she rocked that pink dress. Good for her.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2008, 03:19:49 PM »
Thanks for the link I played the 2 minute replay and saw the pink dress

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2008, 04:00:34 AM »

:waves: Hello suey3b

I saw your other post I'm no tech but I can try to help I can only guess that it was a settings problem on your DVR

but I'll be back later while I do some searching about that for you hopefully you will get a better answer.

For now you can view the episode you missed on the Biggest Loser Couples here: http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser_5/

:waves: suey3b I wanted to check back as I haven't forgoten about your DVR problem but I have yet to hear back from NBC.

My third attempt and this is what I get:

Thanks for your email. NBC values your comments, but unfortunately, due to the volume of emails we receive, we cannot respond to each one.

If you haven't resolved your issue you can attempt to contact NBC if you think it's a problem with them: http://www.nbc.com/Footer/Contact_Us/

I think it's a settings problem though but I'm not sure, sorry I'm not much more a help.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2008, 03:09:28 AM »
Next week on Then Biggest Loser Couples:

COMPETITION HEATS UP WITH ONLY SIX CONTESTANTS LEFT

Only six players are left, and the remaining women try to hold their own against the men who are still in the game.

In a surprising pop quiz, one player wins a mysterious prize.

And at this weeks challenge, the players get the chance to sabotage one another by giving each other calories.

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2008, 08:57:46 PM »

Stupid boys and stupid Ali, what were they thinking? You vote off threats! I know Jay isn't a huge threat but he much bigger threat than Brittany. No woman has ever won the show and great for loyalty but Dan screwed himself over by not voting out Jay. Mark and Roger will turn on him in a second.

Mark doesn't have much more weight to lose. Roger has this in the bag, he is still the biggest and has the most to lose.

Those idiots should have voted out brown when they could of instead of pink. Two big ex-offensive lineman aren't a threat but two little women are? What morons! They just gave the title to Roger!

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2008, 09:13:10 AM »
I agree, why they did not vote off the guys when they had a chance was crazy.  I think Ali wants to be the last woman standing, she is taking revenge for them kicking her off the show.  She seems so smug, it would be funny if Kelly out lasted her.  I think if it comes to Kelly and Ali they will boot Ali as she has more determination.

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2008, 12:57:19 PM »
I agree, why they did not vote off the guys when they had a chance was crazy.  I think Ali wants to be the last woman standing, she is taking revenge for them kicking her off the show.  She seems so smug, it would be funny if Kelly out lasted her.  I think if it comes to Kelly and Ali they will boot Ali as she has more determination.

Ali had no reason to vote Brittany out like I said Roger has this show won!