Author Topic: The Biggest Loser Couples Season 5  (Read 54397 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Biggest Loser Couples Season 5
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2008, 10:22:15 PM »
RECAP EPISODE 2 THE BIGGEST LOSER COUPLES

http://www.buddytv.com/

On last nights episode of The Biggest Loser, the participants face a challenge involving a barbecue buffet.  They'll have to remember what Bob always says: "Stay AWAY from the BUFFET!"  They're also in for a surprise when Bob and Jillian decide to train them together.  Tonight's challenge involves a seesaw - and a lot of drama, I'm sure.

When Bob and Jillian broke the news that they'd be training the duos together, nobody looked too thrilled.  After all, just a week ago, these contestants chose their trainers based on who they felt they could work with best.  Bob is warm and fuzzy while Jillian is intense and a screamer.  They get the contestants right to work and put them through an intense workout.  It was too intense for Bette Sue, who fell right off the treadmill but got right back on a second later. Neill begins to slack on his workouts and Jillian takes immediate notice.  She forces him on the treadmill, not letting him disappoint his wife.  He walks for an hour and no one is allowed to leave the gym until he finishes.

For last nights reward challenge, the contestants will have to work together to make a seesaw move 100 times.  The prize is a phone call home and, of course, everybody wants to talk to their loved ones.  After suffering an injury early on, Trent gives up, eliminating himself and Roger.  Mark and Jay continue to prove to be a threat, winning the challenge for a second week in a row.  The blue and brown teams choose to finish the challenge, finish what they started. 

Mark and Jay get their calling cards but also have to choose 3 other teams to make a phone call home.  They decide to give the cards to Curtis and Mallory, Trent and Roger, and Neill and Amanda.  All three teams have little ones at home who miss their parents.  Mark and Jay make sure to compliment Amanda for her hard work and tell Neill that they hope the phone call home will give him new motivation.  Neill doesn't get motivated.  In fact, he slacks off again in the very next workout.  Jillian pulls him aside and tells him to drop the excuses and get back in the gym to work hard.

The contestants face their first temptation this week.  Separated from the partners, they will have four minutes to each as much as they want from a barbecue buffet.  The team that consumes the most calories will win $5,000.  This poses an important question: is the money worth risking your place on The Biggest Loser campus?  Paul, Mallory, and Mark all decided to eat while everyone else opted out.  With 925 calories consumed, Mark won but Jay isn't so happy to be the winner this time.

After a tough last chance workout, here are the numbers from tonight's weigh in:

Roger and Trent: 3 + 6 = 9 pound loss (1.20%)
Bernie and Brittany: 5 + 1 = 6 pound loss (1.26%)
Paul and Kelly: 3 + 1 = 4 pound loss (0.74%)
Jay and Mark: 5 + 7 = 12 pound loss (2.19%)
Maggie and Jenn: 2 + 2 = 4 pound loss (0.85%)
Bette Sue and Ali: 6 + 3 = 9 pound loss (1.96%)
Jackie and Dan: 8 + 8 = 16 pound loss (3.10%)
Curtis and Mallory: 3 - 1 pound gain = 2 pound loss (0.36%)
Neill and Amanda: 6 + 6 = 12 pound loss (1.21%)

As Jillian said, the second week is notoriously bad for weigh ins but these numbers are worse than usual.  Paul and Kelly and Curtis and Mallory end up falling below the yellow line.  For the second week in a row, Jackie and Dan are the biggest losers.  An hour after the weigh in, the teams head to the elimination room, ultimately deciding to send home Curtis and Mallory.

Curtis & Mallory Are Eliminated

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2008, 10:36:05 PM »
An Update From The Eliminated Brown Team Curtis & Mallory

Brown team Curtis and Mallory entered The Biggest Loser competition with a combined weight of 598 pounds.  In the first episode, the husband and wife did well in both challenges and ranked at the top of the pack after the weigh in.  This week, they made a fatal mistake.  Host Alison Sweeney separated the contestants from their partners.  One at a time, they were brought to a barbecue buffet where they had 4 minutes to consume as many calories as they wished.  Whoever consumed the most would win $5,000. 

Most of the players opted out of eating but Mallor decided against her better judgement to eat.  As a result, she gained one pound while her husband (who chose not to eat) lost 3 pounds.  A 2 pound weight loss put them behind the yellow line and their competitors decide to send them home, feeling they would be a good support system for each other on the outside.  Today, Curtis and Mallory spoke to BuddyTV about their time on the show, the temptation challenge, and life after The Biggest Loser.

Curtis and Mallory agreed that they needed The Biggest Loser in order to lose a significant amount of weight.  "I wanted to go on The Biggest Loser for the opportunity to lose weight in an environment relieved of daily stresses and distractions that keep me from attempting to exercise," she told BuddyTV.  Curtis has been a fan since the show first started but never made it to a casting call until season 5.

In order to be on the show, the couple needed to leave their children behind, a choice that was very difficult for them.  "It was tough on the girls, but they made us proud by being as supportive as they were," Curtis said.  "The girls were always proud of us and knew that we would finally succeed in weight loss if we took time for ourselves to accomplish this goal," Mallory agreed. "Each of them continued to encourage us and say that they wanted us to stay and lose the weight."

The temptation challenge became the team's undoing but Curtis doesn't harbor any ill feelings towards his wife for choosing to eat.  "I can never be upset at Mallory, she gives things a tremendous amount of thought," he confessed.  "I had mentioned briefly how difficult a food challenge would be, so she assumed when we found out it was a food challenge that I would go for it. I love her for that, that's what a teammate is supposed to do."

Mallory wishes that she had gone with her first instinct was not to eat anything at all but knows she can't change the past.  Since being home, the couple "take the kids to jog at the park, and exercise at home," she says.  "Its a priority now before everything else!"  Curtis summed up life after The Biggest Loser best by saying, "I'm on cloud nine!"

Offline Emmysue

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2008, 10:57:25 AM »
I despise the black team. They are extremely cocky and you could tell by his reaction to eating those 900 calories in the temptation. I hope they lose but they will probably win, guys always win.

I agree...if they're smart, those other teams will get rid of them the first time they fall below the yellow line! 

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2008, 04:03:53 AM »
A LOOK AT THE BIGGEST LOSER COUPLES THIS WEEK

TENSIONS RUN HIGH AS THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE CAUSES RIFTS AMONG PLAYERS

The remaining eight teams compete in a game of "elimination" where the last team standing wins immunity so they can't be sent home this week. While the challenge causes rifts in the house as the players become more competitive, the trainers are determined to work the teams harder and post more impressive numbers on the scale at this week's weigh-in. Then an elimination round follows, and another team is sent packing.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2008, 10:00:31 AM »
Anyone surprised by this weeks elimination? I called it last week already. I didn't see them loosing much weight, and after the terrible time in the gym, I knew they were done for.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2008, 01:28:55 AM »
Anyone surprised by this weeks elimination? I called it last week already. I didn't see them loosing much weight, and after the terrible time in the gym, I knew they were done for.

:lol: it was almost funny watching Neil acting like a little kid

when the trainers aren't looking that he stops running and then stands there.

Good grief I'm glad he's gone.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2008, 03:13:30 AM »
Update: Episode 3 this weeks weigh in

Roger and Trent: 9 + 13 = 22 pound loss (2.97%) 
Dan and Jackie: 12 + 7 = 19 pound loss (3.80%)
Maggie and Jenn: 6 + 4 = 10 pound loss (2.14%)
Jay and Mark: 7 + 12 = 19 pound loss (3.54%)
Bette-Sue and Ali: 8 + 6 = 14 pound loss (3.14%)
Bernie and Brittany: 13 + 7 = 20 pound loss (4.25%)
Neill and Amanda: 6 + 5 = 11 pound loss (2.25%)
Paul and Kelly: 14 + 9 = 23 pound loss (4.26%)

Neill and Amanda are Eliminated

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2008, 03:18:16 AM »
Next Week Episode 4 The Biggest Loser Couples

ONE OUTCAST DUO SQUARES OFF AGAINST ALL THE REST

It's win or go home after a surprise elimination pits one outcast duo against all of the others.

At the challenge, contestants compete for a prize they all desperately need after nearly a month away from their loved ones letters from home.

Three teams plot to throw the weigh-in, then have a change of heart, but is it too late for them to turn back?

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2008, 10:28:18 PM »

:'( oh no I missed the ending I got tied up who got eliminated?

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2008, 11:08:59 PM »
 :lol: never mind luckily there are quick updates out there

This week The Pink Team Betty Sue and Ali got eliminated

Offline Emmysue

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2008, 11:42:16 AM »
:lol: never mind luckily there are quick updates out there

This week The Pink Team Betty Sue and Ali got eliminated

Oh and it was so sad, wasn't it???  And Yellow woman...STOP BABBLING!!!!  Just tell them!  LOL!

Rob...your poor Betti Sue... :'(  (Oh, and you were right, that clip you played on the podcast, with Betti-sue saying she was going to die was HILARIOUS!!!!)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2008, 07:06:32 PM »
Cool Article with Ali and Betti Sue

from realitywanted - Mark you rock!!  :jam:

Today we spoke with the Pink Team from NBC’s The Biggest Loser Couples. After speaking with Ali and Bette Sue I was surprised to find out they both live minutes away from our Arizona office and while Bette Sue was away filming a good friend of mine picked up several of her salon clients, what a small world. Ali and Bette Sue chatted with us about why they went on The Biggest Loser, how they were blind sided by the other teams throwing the weigh-ins, and their thoughts on Paul and Jackie.

Q. Mark RealityWanted.com: Hey guys, thanks you for joining us today, I am a huge fan of the show and so bummed you two were eliminated. Whose idea was it to try out for the show in the first place, were you guy’s fans of past seasons?

A. Ali, The Biggest Loser Couples: A couple of seasons ago I watched the finale and said wow this show really changes peoples lives. I told myself I wanted to try out so I downloaded the application, looked at it, and never filled it out assuming thousands apply and how I would get picked. Then one day my mom called and said she noticed an ad on local TV about an open casting call for The Biggest Loser

A. Bette Sue: I was watching TV one day and on those tickers at the bottom of the screen I caught a blurb about open calls at the Mesa Amphitheatre and called Ali. I went there to hold her a spot in line for her to audition when a security guard told me they were casting teams of two and I went oh boy here we go.

Mark, RealityWanted.com: Bette Sue, you did not plan on going on the show to help with weight loss?

A. Bette Sue, The Biggest Loser Couples: No I was about to head to Mexico and get the lap band surgical procedure. I don’t mind surgery.

A. Ali, The Biggest Loser Couples: Mom, did you tell Mark you died on the table last time you had surgery during your angiogram?

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: You actually died last time you had surgery?

A. Bette Sue, The Biggest Loser Couples: Yes, I did flat line but it didn’t bother me I was dead, I didn’t mind since I had no idea I was dead.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: Oh my god, I guess you didn’t care, but what about Ali, I’m sure your family was flipping out.

A. Ali, The Biggest Loser Couples: We did care, it scared the hell out of us and we thought it would motivate her to lose weight but it didn’t.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: So it didn’t motivate her to lose weight or shy away from surgery but what did motivate you two to try out for the show and finally take a stab at weight loss?

A. Ali, The Biggest Loser Couples: Mark, being fat is a weird thing since it happens slowly and you don’t know your sabotaging yourself. When I first started to gain weight years ago I just hid behind my clothes and never thought about my body. Once we got to the ranch and I started to look at myself inside and out I became more conscious of just how serious it was.

A. Bette Sue, The Biggest Loser Couples: Here is my take on weight gain. Your mind really helps protect you from yourself. For example, when you make big mistakes in your life your mind has a way of helping you forget about the mistake so you don’t wake up each day and beat yourself up about it. I feel the same way about weight gain, you go into denial.

Q. Mark RealityWanted.com: I never really thought about it that way but it makes sense. I know this is a big topic of the day but what about the whole Biggest Loser twist. Are you mad at Paul and Kelly or the situation you were put in since everyone had to cast a vote for another team?

A. Ali, The Biggest Loser Couples: I think the situation sucked since it was 6 teams vs. us and I think the yellow team voted for us for the wrong reasons.

B. Bette Sue, The Biggest Loser Couples: Ali, remember its reality TV no actuality TV. I can’t believe how naive I was, I had no idea there was a plan to throw the weigh-ins.

A. Ali, The Biggest Loser Couples: Mom, I know but it sucks

Q. Mark RealityWanted.com: Did you guys have any idea there was a plan to throw the weigh-ins by team orange, yellow, and blue? If not was last night the first time you heard about it?

A. Ali, The Biggest Loser Couples: We didn’t officially know it but before the final weigh-ins I saw some of the teams start eating more, stop doing homework, and basically not doing their normal routine. I think I realized there was a set up when Brittany got on the scale, Bob and I looked at one another and knew something was fishy.

A. Bette Sue, The Biggest Loser Couples: I had no idea there was a plan to throw the final weigh-ins. I wasn’t happy to see Jackie from the orange team talk with Paul on the yellow team about getting rid of us.

Q. Mark RealityWanted.com: So it did bug you guys to see Jackie talking to Paul about kicking you guys off or do you just consider it game play?

A. Ali, The Biggest Loser Couples: Paul is a crazy man and gets overheated too quickly. He should have never had the right to kick a team off the show anyway. We voted for the team that had been below the yellow line, that is how it should have been and that is how we all voted prior to the twist.

B. Bette Sue, The Biggest Loser Couples: When I saw Jackie talking with Paul about kicking us off I wanted to slap her in the head but I am going to get my revenge by being skinnier than her at the finale.

Q. Mark RealityWanted.com: So next week one of the couples will be split up and possibly fly solo for the remainder of the season. Lets play a game, if you were called by NBC to comeback but you had to pick someone else from your season to team up with who you pick and why?

A. Ali, The Biggest Loser Couples: I would pick Roger or Mark. Mark is extremely driven and if you’re on his team he is going to push you to succeed.

B. Bette Sue, The Biggest Loser Couples: I would pick Roger he is quiet but a great leader and very motivated.

Q. Mark RealityWanted.com: OK, I have another fun question which I may know the answer to. If you had to compete in a challenge with someone else from your season who would you not pick as a partner and why?

A. Ali, The Biggest Loser Couples: Paul

A. Bette Sue, The Biggest Loser Couples: Paul or Jackie. Jackie is a little devil but then again her negatives are her positives.

Q. Mark RealityWanted.com: Do you still feel the vote from Paul was a revenge vote and do you guys talk at all?

A. Ali, The Biggest Loser Couples: I do think it was a revenge vote from the medicine ball challenge. We went home in an unusual way since we were never below the yellow line.

Q. Mark RealityWanted.com: Bette Sue you have a lot of online fans and many want to know if that hot 53 year old is single? You did close out last nights show telling everyone you were coming back to the finale as a hot item.

A. Bette Sue, The Biggest Loser Couples: No I am not single, I am very happily married but Ill take the praise. It’s funny when Ali talked about my divorce they showed a picture of my current husband that I am still married to.

Mark, RealityWanted.com: So all the poor single men will have to just look at your transformation on TV and weep knowing you are taken. Before we go can you share your current weight with us?

A. Ali, The Biggest Loser Couples: I have not weighed myself in a while but I assume I am about 165.

A. Bette Sue, The Biggest Loser Couples: I don’t have a clue right now but I have lost so much weight I am wearing things I have not worn in several months and years.

Mark RealityWanted.com: Well thank you two for your time this afternoon and we will all look forward to seeing you two at the finale

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2008, 07:34:59 PM »
NEXT WEEK ON THE BIGGEST LOSER

SURPRISE ESCALATOR CHALLENGE CHANGES THE GAME FOREVER

In this week's episode, one team retaliates after being called lazy by another team,

and the willpower of the contestants is put to the test during a soda temptation.

Then the game is changed forever - for trainers and contestants - after a dramatic escalator challenge.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2008, 01:11:57 PM »
 :(  I missed this episode but found a great interview

http://www.realitywanted.net/

Jenn, from team purple, was the first individual member from the newly created black team eliminated from the Biggest Loser Couples.  We spoke with Jenn and picked her brain about her elimination, thoughts on Paul and Kelly, and who she wants to see win.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: Whose idea was it to apply for the show you or Maggie?
A. Jenn, Biggest Loser Couples: It was me, I have been a fan of the show for a while now and when I heard that NBC was casting teams of two so I started to rack my brain on who I should contact out of my friends.  Initially I wanted to bring someone with me that I would get along with and be able to share a room with without killing one another.  Later I decided that might be boring TV so I decided I wanted to bring a friend who I might butt heads with from time to time so I called Maggie.  After it’s all said and done Maggie and I never really had any problems.
APPLY TO THE BIGGEST LOSER 6 HERE

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: I am glad you cleared that up at the end since I never saw you two fight. Does Maggie know you picked her so you guys might but heads and make good TV?
A. Jenn, Biggest Loser Couples: Yes she knew I called her for this reason but like I said we never really had issues with one another while on the show.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: At the start of last nights show you started to tear into Paul and Kelly for saying you did not try hard enough last week, are you still upset with them?
A. Jenn, Biggest Loser Couples: I am fine with it and learned not to care about what people say or think about me.  What bugged me about their comments was the fact that Maggie and I did so many yo yo diets our metabolism was so screwed up it was initially harder for us to lose weight but Paul and Kelly told America we didn’t try hard enough.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com:  Sounds fair, I may ask you a bit more about them later in the interview, lets talk about Jillian.  I want to know if Jillian is single but that’s for another interview.  This season Jillian has been talking about everyone’s inner issues that lead to their weight gain.  Did you have that chat with Jillian as well?
A. Jenn, Biggest Loser Couples: I did talk with her and my internal issues revolve around the comments I heard my entire life growing up about people who are overweight.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com:  What kind of comments?
A. Jenn, Biggest Loser Couples: I had been told overweight people don’t receive the good jobs, get promotions, and so on.  Jillian said I needed to come to terms with my inner self and not let what other people say tear me up inside.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com:  I think Bob said the same thing to you on last nights episode as well, it’s great to learn about the connection with the inner and outer self.  This isn’t simply a weight loss show.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: Now let’s talk about the team selections.  It was no surprise that Brit and Bernie were very upset with Bob. Not only were they upset he passed over them during team selection but many people on the black team felt they were lame picks since Bob stuck with the top weight loss contestants.  What did you think about Bob’s selections?
A. Jenn, Biggest Loser Couples: I think Bob is a bit bitter that Jillian has kicked his ass on every season finale.  When we found out Jillian would face off with Bob on the escalator challenge we knew Bob would win since he is taller and has longer legs.  I wasn’t surprised at his picks but I was shocked he passed over Brit and Bernie since both of them ran right up to Bob when the season started and as you can see they were very hurt.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: I assume you want Jillian to beat Bob again?
A. Jenn, Biggest Loser Couples:  I just want someone from the Black team to win. Jillian is so amazing, she is not just a trainer looking to win the money she is also a friend and really wants us all to change our lives for the better.

A. Mark, RealityWanted.com:  She sounds like a great catch and a great trainer. Now let’s talk about that fun soda temptation challenge. At the start you seemed gung ho to go after it but none of you moved, what happened?

Q. Jenn, Biggest Loser Couples: I was really pissed we didn’t do it, I know why you should not to give into temptations but to have the chance to sit out one of the big boys from the blue team could have really helped us out. In the end, I am glad none of us broke down and drank the soda.
A. Mark, RealityWanted.com:  Before the challenge you were all shown a very large container of sugar that equaled your yearly intake. Earlier in the season you all had to watch the Hall Of Shame to see what the foods you all eat equal as far as calories, fats, and such. Since the average person doesn’t have that opportunity to see this, what would you say or do to help them?

Q. Jenn, Biggest Loser Couples: I would suggest having someone who is overweight and now losing weight or lost weight follow you for a day and write down what you’re eating, you will be shocked.
A. Mark, RealityWanted.com: OK, I told you we would come back to Paul and Kelly and your elimination. Paul gained 3 pounds, Kelly lost nothing and you lost 6 pounds why am I talking with you and not Paul or Kelly?

A. Jenn, Biggest Loser Couples: I have my opinion on what happened that night and two things come to mind.  First, I think I was becoming a threat since I started to pick up bigger numbers during the weight loss weigh-ins. Also, since I had two weeks of back to back big weight loss numbers and the black team may have thought I could not repeat it a 3rd time. Since Kelly is still 250 pounds and Paul lost nothing this week they may be able to bring in large percentages next week.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: Final two questions, if a twist popped up and you had to pick another teammate and cut Maggie loose who would you pick and why?
A. Jenn, Biggest Loser Couples:  I would be torn between Roger and Mark.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: Let’s flip that and who would you not team up with and why?
A. Jenn, Biggest Loser Couples:  I would not pick Paul since he is in his own world and I don’t think he would motivate me as much.

Mark: Thanks for your time Jenn and we look forward to seeing your transformation at the Biggest Loser Finale.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2008, 01:15:51 PM »
I am setting down today with Bette-Sue for a phone interview to be posted with our next podcast.

Stay tuned!

Rob

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2008, 01:21:51 PM »
I am setting down today with Bette-Sue for a phone interview to be posted with our next podcast.

Stay tuned!

Rob

:girly Cool she's such a cutie, just loveable!!

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2008, 04:03:32 PM »
Interview with Bette-Sue can be downloaded here:

http://recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-23956/TS-87457.mp3

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2008, 01:44:26 PM »
This week on The Biggest Loser Couples:

Tuesday February 5, 2008

CELEBRITY CHEF ROCCO DISPIRITO GUESTS STARS

The teams compete in a lively cook-off challenge, with celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito as the judge.

The winning team gets a special dinner prepared by Rocco, plus a very desirable "surprise" from home.

Also, one team faces a setback when one of their strongest players suffers an injury,

and one of the contestants gets a surprise visitor.

In the end, another player is sent packing.

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2008, 02:00:02 PM »
Absolutely loved the Bette-Sue interview. I'm pretty sure everyone at the gym was staring at me because I couldn't stop laughing.

I think everyone is clueless that the grey team is the biggest threat. I know there aren't teams anymore but one of them will win the show that is my prediction.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2008, 08:01:39 AM »
I missed part of the show, but I knew when the blue team lost they would get rid of jackie.  She puts up smaller numbers and they think as guys they will be able to bounce back and win the rest of the weigh ins.    Looks like some drama next week.  And also looks like either a tie or just that both teams go to the elimination, but blue is sitting.

I do have to agree with jackie, they should not have sworn on their kids as she asked them to not vote them unless they told.  Funny though she says she would never swear on her kids but she asked them to do it.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2008, 02:04:22 PM »
An interview with Jackie eliminated this week:

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-biggest-loser/exclusive-interview-jackie-eva-16439.aspx

On last night's episode of The Biggest Loser, the blue team couldn't cut it at the weigh in and found themselves facing elimination.  It seemed like Trent would be the one to go, who had been complaining of being homesick.  Instead, Mark and Jay went back on their word and voted out Jackie.  She and her son, Dan, were angry realizing that they had been blindsided, especially after Mark and Jay swore on their children's lives to tell them first before they wrote their names down.  A woman whose never afraid to speak her mind, Jackie sat down with BuddyTV today to dish on her fellow contestants and life after The Biggest Loser.

Hey everybody. This is Gina from BuddyTV, and today I'm talking to Jackie from NBC's The Biggest Loser.  Well whose idea was it to join The Biggest Loser? Was it yours or was it Dan's?

My idea, it was totally my idea. I saw the open casting call in Chicago. I came home from work one day, flipped on the TV, and it said open casting call in Chicago, so I asked Dan, "Hey, you know that show I watch?" And he's like, "Well, vaguely." I had it TIVO'd and I had him watch an episode, and I said, "Would you consider going for an open casting?" and he goes, "I'd love to." He went downtown, I stood in line with him all day long, we got in line at like seven in the morning and we finally got in at five or six in the evening. I didn't go with him, because I never considered that they would let somebody on my age. So he went in and they called him back for another interview, but he didn't make last season's show. Then this season they called him up and said, "We really want you to try out again, but there's a twist: is there anyone else overweight in your family?" And he said, "Yeah, my mom and my brother." When they came they said the brother wasn't heavy enough, but mom was. That's how it started.

So you were a fan of the show before going on?

Oh totally. I've watched it since season 1, every episode.

It must have been so surreal to meet Bob, Jillian, and Alison. What was it like for you when you first got there?

You know, it's so funny because up until the moment of the very first challenge, it was all -- I mean, it was surreal oftentimes. You'd be like I can't believe I'm doing this and I'm here. But once the workouts and everything kicked in, it was like such survival mode, and such trying to do it all that they didn't seem like big stars anymore. There's Alison getting ready to send you home every week, and there's Bob and Jillian kicking your butt every single day. The glamor was definitely gone quickly.

You guys had a little issue with the black team, Mark and Jay, right off the bat. When we talked to Ali and Bette Sue, they said that the only reason people didn't like them was because they were a threat. What was your real reason for not liking Mark and Jay?

I will tell you this, I've come to really respect them both, honestly, and gotten to know them a little better. I think what it was, for me, is I always knew it was a game from the very beginning. I've been watching this show since season 1. I've seen all the game play and all that going on, so when I went in there I was very clear that it was a game. I think the thing that was hard for me with Mark and Jay, they were also very aware of the game and played it from day one, but they were just a little underhanded about it. Dan and I, we got ourselves in a lot of trouble because we were very up-front about who we were and what we were doing. I always felt like Mark was always trying to like woo people on his side and on his team. I always felt like I had to reveal his motives, that was what it was. It wasn't even a matter of oh, I can't stand these guys, it was oh my goodness, I'm in a game and they're my biggest competition.

You made a good point that you and Dan really were up-front all season. You guys just spoke your mind. So when you watch the episodes back do you feel like that's an accurate portrayal of who you are?

Honestly, I would have to say in a large way yes, but what I feel was maybe not as portrayed is how much everybody else was game playing, because they wouldn't talk about it. They would pretend like. . .you know, it's so funny like last week, we admitted the week we didn't lose weight that we made sure we didn't lose weight for game strategy reasons. Last week when some of them didn't lose weight, oh they cried you know, said they let their team down. We all knew exactly what was going on. That was purposeful on their part. I think the difference on the TV is that everybody plays the game. Those are smart people. The Biggest Loser does not pick dumb people for that show, and everybody there knows what the story is and what the game is, and knows that you've got to play the game or you're going home.

Has the show brought you and Dan closer together?

Dan and I have always had a very close relationship. My family's very, very close. We hang out together, we go out to dinner together, we work together. I can't say it brought us closer, because we always were so close, but what I think was cool is he and I have dieted much together. We always start a diet together, almost every month, so it was so cool for the two of us who have struggled with these weight issues to get the opportunity to conquer them together, because of the fact that we supported one another in being fat.

How goes the preparation for the live finale?

Well I'm definitely competing, and I'm working out every day and still going at it as strong as I can. Am I confident that I'll be the biggest loser at the finale? There's some pretty stiff competition out there you know. But I know one thing, my goal more than anything is to get on that scale and to have lost a hundred pounds.

Well we hope that you do reach your goal and lose a hundred pounds. We can't wait to see you at the live finale, and I just wanted to thank you, Jackie.

You're welcome.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2008, 02:07:43 PM »
This Tuesday On The Biggest Loser Couples:

February 12, 2008

SPECIAL GUEST APPEARANCE BY JILLIAN'S MOM -- Its nearly the halfway point of the season, so the contestants celebrate the occasion with a challenge involving the total of their weight lost to date.

Plus, they receive an inspirational visit from their doctor to assess their health advances.

There's also a surprise guest trainer Jillian Michaels' mom, a psychotherapist, who helps the contestants begin to understand the issues in their past that have contributed to their weight gain.

Then another elimination round leads to a heartbreaking farewell as one more player is sent home.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2008, 03:10:48 AM »
Update from this week on The Biggest Loser Couples:

http://www.buddytv.com/

On tonight’s episode of The Biggest Loser, the blue team dealt with the repercussions of voting Jackie out behind her back and Dan’s back. Dan was left feeling like he had no one to turn to except the opposing team. The black team is angry with the decision that the blue team made but they don’t seem to care. Kelly tries to convince Jillian to let Dan join their team but she’s not ready to take on another team member just yet. Dan goes to Bob, who gives him support and promises that he’s not going through this experience alone.

As last week’s biggest loser, Bernie choose Game Play as his reward. His card says, “50% off at this week’s challenge”. He’s not sure what to make of that and heads back to the house to work out. Meanwhile, Dan throws himself full force into the game, telling his team that it’s okay that they blindsided his mom at last week’s elimination.

Tonight’s reward challenge required patience, stamina, and strength. Contestants, in pairs, had to hold the weight that they’ve lost over water. Bernie gets the advantage he was waiting for, only having to hold 50% of his weight. The winner gets to give out immunity to one member of their team and one member of the opposing team. The black team wins and must give their decision before the next weigh-in.

Bob talks strategy with his team but Trent is only interested in bettering his life for his family. He and Roger didn’t come here for the $250,000. Jillian decides to have her team pull names out of hat and the one name left is the one who will get immunity. Maggie ends up being the lucky one who cannot be voted out this week.

Afterwards, feeling that her team needs a little emotional work, Jillian brings in a therapist to get to the root of their issues. That therapist is Jillian’s mother. While the black team delves deep into the issues that brought them to The Biggest Loser, the blue team chooses to work out.  Paul talks about being physically abused as a child, Brittany grieves over the loss of her father, Kelly lets out the guilt that she felt when her mother had a stroke.  The episode was filled with very emotional, raw moments from each of the black contestants.

At tonight's weigh in, the black team announces who they have chosen to receive immunity: Maggie and Jay.  That was a little surprising since it seemed they would choose Dan after Jackie's ousting last week.  On to the scale.  The black team went first:

Kelly: 8 pound loss
Paul: 10 pound loss
Bernie: 7 pound loss
Brittany: 1 pound loss
Maggie: 2 pound loss
Dan: 7 pound loss
Roger: 9 pound loss
Trent: 8 pound loss
Mark: 6 pound loss
Jay: 4 pound loss

The blue team loses the weigh in by 1 pound.  With Jay and Roger safe from elimination, it seems that Dan was next on the chopping block.  Bob is so frustrated with his team that he walks out of the weigh in.  Trent offers to go home, asking the team to vote him out, so that no one has to stress over their vote.  The blue team honors his request, sending him home to his family.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2008, 04:44:13 AM »
NBC'S REMAINING NINE "BIGGEST LOSER" CONTESTANTS TRAVEL HOME TO SEE FAMILIES IN EMOTIONAL EPISODE

AIRING TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 19 AT 8 P.M. ET

For the first time in the history of NBC's hit series "The Biggest Loser," the last nine contestants all get a trip home to see their loved ones in the middle of the season. It's a week filled with heartwarming reunions, real world temptations and tearful goodbyes when contestants must return to the ranch on this special episode of NBC's "The Biggest Loser: Couples," airing Tuesday, February 19 (8-10 p.m. ET).

The episode begins with host Alison Sweeney telling contestants that they're all going home to the friends and family they haven't seen since coming to the ranch 58 days before. Viewers will see each contestant's emotional reunion with loved ones, and their daily struggles to continue their diet and exercise plans at home amid the temptations and distractions that challenge them in the "real world" they've been away from so long.

While some are determined to stay on track with their diet and fitness regimes, at least one player gives in to temptation, and makes matters worse by not keeping in touch with their trainer while away.

Once they get back to the ranch, the blue team (under trainer Bob Harper) and black team (under trainer Jillian Michaels) square off in a challenge that tests their endurance. The winning team gets a huge advantage at the weigh-in, where contestants will really see how they did during their challenging week back at home. Then an elimination round follows, and another contestant is sent packing.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2008, 09:37:19 AM »
Paul Marks the twelfth contestant eliminated from 'The Biggest Loser'

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/paul-marks-twelfth-contestant-eliminated-from-the-biggest-loser-6579.php

Kelly Fields was concerned her ex-husband Paul Marks would be unable to maintain his diet and exercise regimen when faced with the challenge of going home.

Her worries were warranted, as the 43-year-old space center missle-support specialist stuffed his face with chicken wings and guzzled cola while in Rockledge, FL, causing him to become the twelfth contestant cut from The Biggest Loser: Couples during last night's broadcast of the NBC reality show's fifth season.

"The experience here has been fantastic.  It's been a life-changing experience for me," said Paul following his ouster.

"I came here with a person who was not only a friend -- but used to be my wife.  I've always had strong feelings for Kelly -- she left me -- I didn't leave her.  But I think through this whole thing I've learned Kelly and I make better friends than when ever did as husband and wife.  I've done way over and above what I ever thought I could accomplish... I've come a long way.  I've probably taken some of my life back.  You can't put a money value on that."

The Biggest Loser: Couples eighth episode began where the previous episode left off.

"You are about to experience a The Biggest Loser first," explained host Allison Sweeney.  "What could be the most difficult challenge you have had to face yet.  You are all going back to the scene of the crime.  The one place that could prevent you from losing the weight that you need to lose to help you reach your goals... You're going home."

Each of the nine remaining contestants would be traveling home for a seven-day trip -- without trainers Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels -- meaning they'd have to maintain their diet and fitness routines alone.

Jay Kruger realized it was a "bad time" to be going home for him considering he posted the Blue Team's lowest weight-loss numbers at the previous weigh-in, which led to the ouster of Trent Patterson.  Kelly was also concerned, but more so for Paul than herself.

"Paul and I are exes, and so far we've been very lucky.  We've been very successful at both staying here," said Kelly.  "Now we're going home, and it's scary as hell.  When I go home, Paul goes his way, I go mine.  I'd like to see him be able to go home and hang with his family and stay on track and do well, and let me do the same."

The next morning everyone left for home, with Paul going to Rockledge, FL; Dan Evans going to Frankfort, IL; Jay going to Bedford, MA; his brother Mark Kruger going to Dartmouth, MA; Kelly going to Titusville, FL; Maggie King going to Denville, NJ; Brittany Aberle going to San Jacinto, CA; her partner Bernardo Salazar going to Chicago, IL; and Roger Shultz going to Enterprise, AL.

All were welcomed with open arms by their loved ones and everyone seemingly tried to do their best to avoid the temptations at home that landed them on The Biggest Loser to begin with. Mark threw pastries at his welcome home party in the gah-bage; Brittany drank water when she went to the bar with friends; Bernie avoided his favorite bakery's Boston cream cupcakes; and Roger and Jay ordered healthy food while out to eat with their families.

Not surprisingly, the other contestants wondered how the everone else was doing, and Roger said he was confident Jay, Mark, Bernie and Dan would all do well at home.

"[Paul] may eat everything in South Florida," said Roger.

He was right, as Paul was reunited with his family and friends and gorged himself on chicken wings and cola on more than one occasion.  In addition, he also seemed to eschew exercise to instead lounge in the hot tub.

All of the contestants said their goodbyes and returned to The Biggest Loser campus.  Kelly admitted to struggling with keeping up her exercise, while Paul told her he gained four pounds after two days of being home, at which point he stopped looking at the scale.

"I'm afraid that I might not be one of our weight-loss stories," he opined.

The contestants than met with Bob and Jillian to discuss their visits.  Bob was upset Dan had two glasses of wine, but seemed to get over it and took his Blue Team to the gym.  Jillian -- who called her five Black Team members twice-a-day during their trips home -- was not happy that Paul didn't answer any of her calls. He told her his phone was dead.

"Truthfully, when I got home, I didn't want to talk to anybody," Paul later revealed in a confessional.  "I see that was a big mistake because she really did care and I didn't realize that."

Paul's plan went awry when Jillian revealed she talked to Kelly, who told her that Paul said he recognized Jillian had called and decided against answering.  He tried to keep lying his way out of it, but eventually apologized profusely.

The two teams then met Allison for a Reward Challenge, but before she explained the rules, Paul received his reward for being The Biggest Loser player-of-the-week at the previous weigh-in.  He received a lifetime membership to 24 Hour Fitness.

For the Reward Challenge, three members from each team would have to either jump or duck under a rotating beam.  If the contestants stepped off the designated mat or broke the fragile beam, they were eliminated.  The winning team would win the chance to have two players from the opposing team weigh-in 24 hours before the upcoming weigh-in, losing the benefit of a last-chance workout.

The challenge commenced, with Brittany, Maggie and Bernie competing for the Black Team and Mark, Jay and Roger competing for the Blue Team.  Roger was the first out at 5:48, followed by Bernie (15:29), Dan (36:24), and Maggie (39:49).  Jay then broke his beam at 40:22, giving Brittany and the Black Team their third-consecutive Reward Challenge victory.

The Black team discussed their decision, and chose Dan and Roger as the two Blue Team members who would have to weigh-in immediately.

"Dan and Roger are the biggest threats on the Blue Team, so they are the obvious choice," explained Brittany.  "But there's always doubts that come into your head.  We could ultimately get screwed by this whole thing."

Dan and Roger than arrived for their weigh-in, with only Allison and Bob in attendance.  Dan began the week at 237 and lost 11 pounds while Roger started at 292 and shed 16 pounds for a combined weight-loss of 27 pounds or a 2.73% weight-loss percentage.  Both were ecstatic with the numbers they posted considering it was 24 hours before everybody else would get on the scale.

Both teams participated in their last-chance workouts, and after losing the previous two weigh-ins, Bob pushed the Blue Team especially hard.

"We are not going to lose this third weigh-in," Bob repeated over and over.

Paul was also felling remorseful about his decision while home.

"I'm going to work especially hard because everybody gained a little bit while they were gone," he assumed.  "I probably shouldn't have drank all that soda and whatever junk I ate while I was gone."

The Biggest Loser: Couples' eighth weigh-in then commenced.  The team with the highest weight-loss percentage would be safe from elimination, while the losing squad would have to eliminate one of their members.

Allison revealed Dan and Roger's weight-loss numbers, and the Black Team looked disappointed.  It would only get worse.  Mark started the week at 215 and dropped 13 pounds while Jay began at 244 and shed 16 pounds.  The Blue Team's combined weight loss following their fourth week competing as a team was a whopping 56 pounds, or a 5.67% weight-loss percentage.

The Black Team would have to lose more than a combined 60 pounds to overtake the Blue Team.  Maggie started the week at 204 and lost six pounds; Bernie began at 216 and dropped five pounds; Brittany started at 188 and shed three pounds; Kelly began at 225 and lost seven pounds; and Paul started at 241 and dropped five pounds.

"I wished that you'd called me when you were at home," said Jillian.

"I wish I had called you too," said Paul, still standing on the scale.

The Black Team's combined weight loss following their fourth week competing as a team was 26 pounds or a 2.42% weight-loss percentage.   Since Kelly had the highest percentage of weight loss for the Black Team, she was safe from elimination.

"Yes!" excitedly exclaimed Paul when he learned Kelly was immune, knowing that she almost certainly would have been booted otherwise.

With only an hour to make their decision, the Black Team retreated to the dorm.  Brittany, Bernie and Maggie -- who have become close friends during the competition -- discussed their option, which was a pretty clear one.

"We know who's going home," said Brittany.

Paul seemed to know he'd be ousted, but said since he has been "putting up numbers" he thought would allow the Black Team to compete with the Blue Team, he felt he should be spared.

"They're thinking friendship over team," said Paul, referring to Brittany, Bernie and Maggie.  "We're the two outsiders.  Basically I think Kelly and I are still the Yellow Team," he added, opening his jacket to reveal his The Biggest Loser: Couples Yellow Team T-shirt he wore when teamed with just Kelly.

The Black Team's five members then reconvened to cast their elimination votes, which began with Bernie and Brittany both voting to boot Paul.

"I feel like we're a team," said Brittany as Paul flaunted his Yellow Team shirt.  "I'll be quite honest with you Paul.  I'm sorry.  I thought we were still the Black Team."

"We are," defensively answered Paul.  "This is going to get ugly."

"I find it like a slap in the face," Brittany told Paul.

Kelly tried to rationally explain why she and Paul felt like outsiders, but ultimately sided with the thinking of the others in that they're all still Black Team members.

Paul and Kelly then voted for Bernie, but Maggie unsurprisingly voted to oust Paul, who was eliminated.

"Don't wear your yellow shirt," Paul told Kelly.  "They'll get pissed."