Author Topic: The Biggest Loser  (Read 5853 times)

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
The Biggest Loser
« on: December 12, 2007, 01:11:56 PM »
Who has been watching this show and who is shocked that Neil lost 10 pounds last night and it still wasn't enough! I really was rooting for him, and was sad to see him go!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: The Biggest Loser
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 01:16:26 PM »
yeah i wanted neil to win too - but i find it ironic that the f4 ended up being all black team members

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 01:52:45 PM »
First season watching this for me. But, I've lived this the past few years. LOL
I was not sad to see Neil gone. I'm fairly certain Bill will win.
Anyone else think they should have a male and female winner?
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 02:34:03 PM »
yes, they should have a male & female winner. A female has no chance in hell ever winning this show! Bill will win, and he is already counting his money! I don't like Bill all that much and that is why I wanted Neil to stay.

Now watch, a woman will win and prove this statement all wrong! lol

Rob

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 02:52:21 PM »
I like Bill. I ended up not liking Neil after the whole water incident. Made me lose respect for him. Yea, it's a game and normally I think that would be golden, but when it comes to weight loss, it's not just a game. Plus drinking all that water was very dangerous. Believe it or not, you CAN get water poisoning.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 08:28:52 PM »
Yeah, but see, you say its not a game....that is what made Neil so great, he understood that perfectly! That was a great move in the game for him, and it payed off at the time. That was maybe the greatest episode. You should have seen MY face when I saw he gained 17 pounds!!! LMAO

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 09:14:29 PM »
Yeah, but see, you say its not a game....that is what made Neil so great, he understood that perfectly! That was a great move in the game for him, and it payed off at the time. That was maybe the greatest episode. You should have seen MY face when I saw he gained 17 pounds!!! LMAO

And he lost 33 pounds the following week! I was rooting for Neil for weeks, wanted someone from Bob's group to represent in the finale...well that ain't happening... the final four are all Jillian's people!

Bill is gonna win....I just know it! Would be interesting to see his twin brother, Jim there too see if he lost as much as him!

Since the non-finalists do get to do a final weigh-in at the finale and win some prize, I hope it's Neil! He started out at 421 pounds and I hope he's under 200 now. That would be awesome!

Bill left the ranch at 204, going from 334, I wouldn't be surprised if he's 170 at the finale!

Offline dustigenes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 03:59:24 AM »
I have mixed feelings about Neil.  This is a life changing game, yes winning the money would be nice, but it changes the lives of all the contestants, especially those who are really working the program the hardest.  What he did hurt someone who was trying to change their life, more than just by winning money.

That said, I believe he realized afterwards that even though it was a smart move, it was actually a mean move.  Really, why hate the black team?  Yes, they weren't expecting them, but what made the 12 on the red and blue teams more deserving of staying and changing their lives than the black team, a school yard pick?  A lot of people in life have been hurt by school yard picks, especially the heaviest and the scrawniest.  I would think many of those contestants had been it that position at sometime in their younger life.

Besides having the black team meant: having more competition around to motivate, more to vote off- so a longer season (at least I think it was), therefore even more rewards, less chance of being voted off yourself, and a longer average stay for all.  Win, win as I see it.

Anyways enough of the ranting.  B:) B:) B:)

I liked Neil for everything else.  From my perspective, he started out as a very large clown, like the person who is extremely friendly, but a bit shallow, to be accepted even though they don't fit societal norms.  As he lost weight, he began to get more intraspective, well still maintaining his charm.  Often times while listening to him, I would forget that he was the one who instigated the water trick, but looks like it came back to bite him in the butt and that's very sad.  Had he not pissed off the black team soooo bad, would all the last vote outs been so cut and dried?  :cmas5

That said, Bill is just to smug now to like, I liked him better heavy and that sucks.  :cmas3

As for the non finalist winner I'm still hoping for Mary Kate (I think that was it).  Remember it is based on percentage of weight lost, not how many pounds, and she lost a huge percentage of her starting weight, I believe she if the first female who actually stands a change at winning money on this show.  :xmas146

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 03:35:48 PM »
An Article of tonights finale of The Biggest Loser:

http://www.tvguide.com/tv-hotlist#TheBiggestLoser

Tonight one of the contestants gets to fatten up in a good way: right in the wallet, with $250,000, when the winner is announced from the final four. But before the ultimate loser is crowned, there is a reunion with all of this season's players, who weigh in for one last time. In a year marked with emotion (Hollie's death in the family, Kae's departure), drama (Kim-Amy catfight, Neil's water trick), and a series of firsts (a three-team competition, a whole team elimination), the finale is sure to hold even more supersized shockers.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 03:45:32 PM »
Article: Who will win the big prize?

http://www.etonline.com/news/2007/12/56559/index.html

Tonight's exciting, two-hour, season finale of "The Biggest Loser" (9 p.m., NBC) pits the four finalists against one another in the final weigh-in, and also brings back each of the previous team-members. We talked to host ALISON SWEENEY, trainer JILLIAN MICHAELS, and finalists BILL GERMANAKOS, JULIE HADDEN, ISABEAU MILLER and HOLLIE SELF, each of whom emerged from the underdog black team, about what to expect!

"I never thought I'd be here in the first place," confesses Julie, who has dropped 58 pounds and now weighs 160. "Now that I've had a taste of the finals, I want it and I'm gonna take it all the way."

After his twin brother, JIM, was eliminated from the competition, Bill became the favorite to win the coveted $250,000 prize. He lost an amazing 130 pounds and says, "I've taken control of my life, and I'll never let [that weight] creep back in to my life again."

Black team trainer Jillian takes a lot of the credit for their success. "I don't think it's a coincidence that I've won every season I've ever done," she says. "I'm extremely tough in the gym, I'm unforgiving, I'm merciless -- but it pays off."

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 08:18:49 PM »
Wow they look fabulous, congrat's to them.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2007, 09:30:40 PM »
Here's the starting and final weigh-ins for the fourteen eliminated contestants and the person with the highest per cent loss wins $100,000

NAME                               STARTING WEIGHT               FINAL WEIGH IN          POUNDS LOST

Amber                                     295                                      211                            84

Lezlye                                      255                                      200                            55

Jerry                                        297                                      187                            110

Jim                                          361                                      175                            186

Phil                                          403                                      258                            145

Jez                                          345                                      195                            150

David                                       368                                      228                            140

Ryan                                        374                                      241                            133

Amy                                        297                                      171                            126

Kae                                         225                                      128                             97

Bryan                                      346                                       224                           122

Nicole                                     279                                       174                            105                                               

Neil                                        421                                        210                           211

Jim had the highest per cent loss so he won the $100,000.

Next post will be the final four.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2007, 09:59:21 PM »
FINAL FOUR                        STARTING WEIGHT                FINAL WEIGH-IN           POUNDS LOST

Isabeau                                       298                                        185                           113

Hollie                                          255                                         150                           105                                                   

Julie                                           218                                         121                             97

Bill                                             334                                          170                           164

Bill is the BIGGEST LOSER of 2007 and wins $250, 000 along with his twin brother Jim, who won $100,000!     

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2007, 09:44:04 AM »
WOW that is alot of weight!  I saw the last half of the show.  Were Neil and Jim close in % of weight as they were close in pounds.

WOW Julie looks like a tottaly different person.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2007, 02:48:38 PM »
The Biggest Loser finale scores for NBC Reality show a ratings winner

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117977969.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

The two-hour conclusion of weight-loss reality series "The Biggest Loser" was a ratings winner for NBC on Tuesday, lifting the net to first place on the night among young adults for a third straight week.

According to preliminary nationals from Nielsen, "The Biggest Loser 4" wrapped its season with a timeslot-leading 4.6 rating/13 share in adults 18-49 and 11.4 million viewers overall from 9 to 11 p.m. -- the best numbers this season for the show. It also marks the best result in the time period for NBC in 11 months.

Preliminary 18-49 averages for the night: NBC, 3.9/11; Fox, 2.7/8; CBS, 2.5/6; ABC, 2.1/6; Univision, 1.4/4; CW, 0.6/2.

In total viewers: CBS, 10.3 million; NBC, 10.2 million; Fox, 7.9 million; ABC, 6.9 million; Univision, 3.2 million; CW, 1.4 million.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007, 02:52:44 PM »
Here is  a link to view pictures of all the contestants, before and after from the fall ediition:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22317095/displaymode/1107/s/2/