Author Topic: Lucky TAR 13 Talk!  (Read 187171 times)

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Lucky TAR 13 Talk!
« Reply #300 on: April 11, 2008, 02:48:51 PM »
Hello Michael!
Prague, Czech Republic is now 100% sure!! I have heard a rumor that Amanda and Ozzy from Survivor is gonna be on TAR14, i hope that is true! Ozzy rules!!

will you please stop posting crap without saying how you know.

The leg in Prague: There is gonna be clue on Charles Bridge, and a roadblock in Kinský Palace – Old Town Square. That is all i know. I do not know when the filming is gonna take place there. I have read on this site that the start day is 4-21-2008, but i do not know when they are gonna get to Prague, Czech Republic!!

Those took place already as part of the 7th leg of TARA2 (also known as the Extended Funeral March of Henry and Terri, Part the Second). I doubt they (US edition) would use the same locations and task so soon after another edition, even if it wasn't broadcast in the US.

Because you can never use the same location again, do you remember Survivor: Pearl Islands, and the next season Survivor: All-Stars same location same location!!!!!!!!!

I didn't say "never", I said "doubt". Also, I'm well aware of Survivor re-using locations (Palau and Half-ASS, for example), however TAR and Survivor are different shows. TAR does repeat cities (most recently the trip to Anchorage in TAR12), but they rarely re-use landmarks and even more rarely re-use tasks (unless it's a famous landmark like the Great Wall or the Eiffel Tower OR if there really isn't much to do there like Ropes/Slopes vol. 2). I don't think WRP would have so little creativity (or so little knowledge of the other editions) that they would go to a fairly large city and go to the same two landmarks in the same order and receive the same type of clue in two different editions. At the very least Survivor has different twists and different islands.

On another note, I'm in agreement with apskip; if there's another morning start to the race, then I'm sure that there are ways to navigate Boston in spite of the marathon (unless all the taxi drivers close up shop for the morning - Bostoners can confirm or deny this). Not to mention, TAR has attempted flying during busy travel hours (flying in Africa during the Hajj comes to mind).

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #301 on: April 11, 2008, 07:27:41 PM »
.uote author=zackattack308 link=topic=14094.msg290458#msg290458 date=1207943331]
Hello Michael!
Prague, Czech Republic is now 100% sure!! I have heard a rumor that Amanda and Ozzy from Survivor is gonna be on TAR14, i hope that is true! Ozzy rules!!

The leg in Prague: There is gonna be clue on Charles Bridge, and a roadblock in Kinský Palace – Old Town Square. That is all i know. I do not know when the filming is gonna take place there. I have read on this site that the start day is 4-21-2008, but i do not know when they are gonna get to Prague, Czech Republic!!

Those took place already as part of the 7th leg of TARA2 (also known as the Extended Funeral March of Henry and Terri, Part the Second). I doubt they (US edition) would use the same locations and task so soon after another edition, even if it wasn't broadcast in the US.

Because you can never use the same location again, do you remember Survivor: Pearl Islands, and the next season Survivor: All-Stars same location same location!!!!!!!!!

There are a lot of places in Prague which provide good action spots besides the old tried and true which have been mentioned.  For example:
Schwarzenberg Palace
Sternberg Palace
The National Museum
Strabov Monastery
The Observation Tower (looks like the Eiffel Tower)
Wenceslas Square
Wallenstein Palace and Garden
Troja Palace and Garden
Bertrama (The Mozart Museum)
The Dvorak Home and Museum
Historic Nostitz Theatre
Powder Gate
Municipal House
Karlstein Castle
Krivoklat Castle
just to mention a few
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 08:09:02 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline TheScandinavianAmazingR.

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Best Survivor ever.............Ozzy
« Reply #302 on: April 13, 2008, 01:06:14 PM »
.uote author=zackattack308 link=topic=14094.msg290458#msg290458 date=1207943331]
Hello Michael!

There are a lot of places in Prague which provide good action spots besides the old tried and true which have been mentioned.  For example:
Schwarzenberg Palace
Sternberg Palace
The National Museum
Strabov Monastery
The Observation Tower (looks like the Eiffel Tower)
Wenceslas Square
Wallenstein Palace and Garden
Troja Palace and Garden
Bertrama (The Mozart Museum)
The Dvorak Home and Museum
Historic Nostitz Theatre
Powder Gate
Municipal House
Karlstein Castle
Krivoklat Castle
just to mention a few
They will not go to Prague, whit out showing the Charles Bridge and the Roadblock is gonna be on the Square!!

Offline KingCrimson88

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #303 on: April 13, 2008, 01:13:19 PM »
So are you going to tell us how you have this info, or not? Because no one here is going to believe you unless you provide some sort of proof.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #304 on: April 13, 2008, 10:12:42 PM »
If the roadblock is indeed located in the Staromestske Namesti, then the task is probably for one team member to count the number of steps as he or she ascends to the viewing gallery of Old Town Hall Tower. The person must then note what the figures are on Kostel Panny Marie Pred Tynem which can be seen from the viewing gallery.  The team member than must descend the stairs backwards to reach the bottom.  If the team member than has the two correct answers, the guard will hand the team their next clue.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #305 on: April 14, 2008, 12:01:59 AM »
 :waves:

I just wanted to drop in to show off my new obsession (don't worry TAR will never fade).   :jam:

If you like that then here is more.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #306 on: April 14, 2008, 01:50:31 AM »

I just wanted to drop in to show off my new obsession (don't worry TAR will never fade).   :jam:

Cheater!!  :lala  :bags :<3

nikita

« Reply #307 on: April 14, 2008, 03:18:48 AM »
Hmm. It seems the possible Prague rumor is getting juicier.  :lol: Still TAR US hasn't set foot on the Czech Republic. If filming starts on April 20, that would great also it will give me an excuse to throw a party since it's my birthday on that date.  :sucks
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 03:22:48 AM by nikita »

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #308 on: April 14, 2008, 08:29:31 AM »
Hmm. It seems the possible Prague rumor is getting juicier.  :lol: Still TAR US hasn't set foot on the Czech Republic. If filming starts on April 20, that would great also it will give me an excuse to throw a party since it's my birthday on that date.  :sucks

this prague stuff is nothing more than a wish list for now. there is zero proof for it

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #309 on: April 14, 2008, 09:57:17 AM »

Technically Ron/Christina (?) connected in Prague from Vilnius to Dubrovnik, but I get what you're sayin ;)

And I think lots of people will be throwing parties on April 20  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #310 on: April 14, 2008, 04:31:46 PM »
Remember that April 20th remains speculation based on the job apps upstream--could be a little earlier or even later...

Sadly though, from the Futon Critic, CBS has released its summer schedule and there is no TAR 13... :'(

SO we'll be waiting to hear at May upfronts if we have a confirmed place on the fall schedule this time.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20080414cbs02

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #311 on: April 14, 2008, 04:59:36 PM »
Watch the show get pushed back to a November start now, because there's no room for TAR thanks to "Greatest American Dog" and, of course, Big Brother. Not that upset with Big Brother, as it's the custom to air that in the summer and TAR can't replace that despite Big Brother airing now in all three of the last Spring TAR timeslots.

So, autumn it is. We'll be lucky for a September premiere; the big election coverage may definitely push the 13th edition back again, even if it's on a Sunday. Sucks that there will be two consecutive autumn/winter seasons of TAR, IMO it feels great watching the show in warmer weather.

Of course, post CBS upfronts may have me actually laughing in the event of the lack of any TAR mention at all. Which may be a good thing; I don't think TAR13 is ready yet, so it's not on the schedule. Plus, the Survivor timeslot is listed as TBA, until that reality show eventually debuts. Finally, if TPTB can toss TAR12 on the fall schedule 13 days before its debut, then who's to say it won't happen this summer?!
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #312 on: April 14, 2008, 08:45:16 PM »

I just wanted to drop in to show off my new obsession (don't worry TAR will never fade).   :jam:

:lala  Oh hell no.....  :groan: 

If it wasn't for us needing to know the time for every god damn shot we see, you would be in so much trouble. :killme:

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #313 on: April 15, 2008, 06:24:39 AM »
Watch the show get pushed back to a November start now, because there's no room for TAR thanks to "Greatest American Dog" and, of course, Big Brother. Not that upset with Big Brother, as it's the custom to air that in the summer and TAR can't replace that despite Big Brother airing now in all three of the last Spring TAR timeslots.

So, autumn it is. We'll be lucky for a September premiere; the big election coverage may definitely push the 13th edition back again, even if it's on a Sunday. Sucks that there will be two consecutive autumn/winter seasons of TAR, IMO it feels great watching the show in warmer weather.

Of course, post CBS upfronts may have me actually laughing in the event of the lack of any TAR mention at all. Which may be a good thing; I don't think TAR13 is ready yet, so it's not on the schedule. Plus, the Survivor timeslot is listed as TBA, until that reality show eventually debuts. Finally, if TPTB can toss TAR12 on the fall schedule 13 days before its debut, then who's to say it won't happen this summer?!
I think that it is gonna start in September, but maybe they are gonna move it from sunday to Monday!

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #314 on: April 15, 2008, 06:25:46 AM »

not the Amazing Race!!

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #315 on: April 15, 2008, 06:39:58 AM »

this Prague stuff is nothing more than a wish list for now. there is zero proof for it
The filming dates havn`t even started, so off cause there is no proof with pictures from Prague. But it is gonna happen!!
In Season 5 the production moved the Dubai legs of the race from the originally planned location of Istanbul, Turkey.Istanbul was, however, visited by the Race two seasons later.Elise Doganieri and Bertram van Munster have talked off Prague in a long time. That is how it was on in The Amazing Race Asia to see how it worked. So it is on in The Amazing Race 13. Just wait and see!!

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #316 on: April 15, 2008, 07:24:27 AM »
Watch this list from wikipedia:
As of the twelfth season, the Amazing Race has visited 66 countries.
Continent Countries
North America Canada, Costa Rica, Jamaica, Mexico, Panama, United States (including Alaska, Guam, Hawaii and Puerto Rico)
South America Argentina, Peru, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Uruguay
Europe Austria, Croatia, Finland, France (including Corsica), Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy (including Sicily), Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom (including England and Scotland)
Africa Botswana, Burkina Faso, Egypt, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania (including Zanzibar), Tunisia, Zambia
Asia People's Republic of China (including Hong Kong and Macau), India, Japan, Kuwait, Malaysia (including Sabah), Mongolia, Oman, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan (Republic of China), Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
Oceania Australia, New Zealand

The Amazing Race 13
Europe: Czech Republic ( 100 %) and Spain they have talked off those cities: Madrid and Valencia. 

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #317 on: April 15, 2008, 07:41:18 AM »
Why Amanda and Ozzy from Survivor could be on TAR14 ( not TAR13) that is to soon after this season off Survivor. TAR7 whit Rob and Amber had the Average Viewers
(in millions) 13.05 ( from hollywoodreporter.com) what is the most off any Season off The Amazing Race! ( so cool if they got on the race)   

Offline KingCrimson88

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #318 on: April 15, 2008, 08:20:56 AM »
^It's funny how you can post all the fake spoilers you want in this thread and get away with it. On sucks you would have been banned weeks ago.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #319 on: April 15, 2008, 10:36:25 AM »

:lala  Oh hell no.....  :groan: 

If it wasn't for us needing to know the time for every god damn shot we see, you would be in so much trouble. :killme:

Not to worry, I'm even going on stake-out this weekend to catch the TAR start.    :neener:  Brooke is all kinds of awesome.   :neener:  Check out "Happy Together"

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #320 on: April 15, 2008, 11:00:40 AM »

Why in the world would CBS want to schedule more of that series of Blundering Bums?  The Bothersome Busybodies have the lowest of low audiences of any continuing series - an average of 5.2 to 6.1 million Bored Bumpkins - even reruns of reruns pull in higher audience averages.  Of course, one has to remember who that chick Julie Chen is married to, and BB could be his payback for her warm embrace.

September or late August seems to be the earliest TAR13 could get on the schedule considering that the teams have not even left town yet.  And a new Survivor is not on location yet.  So the Thursday 8PM slot may still be open after the dogs have had their day (can't  just wait to see how the critics tag on to that dog of a show!)  Any night is pretty good except Friday night - the graveyard for shows on the way out.  Sunday night is not really too bad even with the NFL disrupting start time.

TAR13 will be on the schedule sometime, we just have to wait and see.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #321 on: April 15, 2008, 03:07:47 PM »
Pure logic says that the ScandanavianAmazingR. is likely to be right about Europe:
Czech Republic ( 100 %) and Spain they have talked of those cities: Madrid and Valencia. 

The Czech Republic has never been visited by the Amazing Race except when racers were thrown off course in their air travel and were forced to spend hours in Prague airport.

Spain was visited in AR3 (drive from Cabo de Roca Portugal to the ferry terminal at Algiceras Spain) and in AR10 when Barccelona was the second-to-last leg and the one that eliminated Dustin and Kandice.

I see both these countries as ones that are overdue for a visit. My logic says that Prague and Madrid are the most probable cities for an AR visit.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #322 on: April 15, 2008, 09:41:17 PM »
Pure logic says that the ScandanavianAmazingR. is likely to be right about Europe:
Czech Republic ( 100 %) and Spain they have talked of those cities: Madrid and Valencia. 

The Czech Republic has never been visited by the Amazing Race except when racers were thrown off course in their air travel and were forced to spend hours in Prague airport.

Spain was visited in AR3 (drive from Cabo de Roca Portugal to the ferry terminal at Algiceras Spain) and in AR10 when Barccelona was the second-to-last leg and the one that eliminated Dustin and Kandice.

I see both these countries as ones that are overdue for a visit. My logic says that Prague and Madrid are the most probable cities for an AR visit.

If we are playing guessing games, how about:

1.  Belize
2.  Georgetown, Guyana
3.  Praia, Cape Verde
4.  Nouakchott, Mauritania
5.  Algiers, Algeria
6.  Madrid, Spain
7.  Prague, Czech Republic
8.  Bucharest (Transylvania), Romania
9.  Tel Aviv, Isreal
10. Jakarta, Indonesia
11. Darwin, Australia
12. Suva, Fiji
13. U. S. A

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #323 on: April 15, 2008, 10:25:37 PM »
g-man if they ever goto israel i will be in 7th heaven. i have contacts all around the country and would be tipped off on certain locations lol.

nikita

« Reply #324 on: April 16, 2008, 04:40:46 AM »
^It's funny how you can post all the fake spoilers you want in this thread and get away with it. On sucks you would have been banned weeks ago.
[/quote

Funny you should mention Sucks. There's a "pretend spoiler thread," for TAR13!  :funny:]