Author Topic: Lucky TAR 13 Talk!  (Read 186212 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Lucky TAR 13 Talk!
« Reply #275 on: April 09, 2008, 04:39:36 PM »
The Start day 21 April is that true or is it crap?

The quick answer is that we don't know. The April 21 is a best guess based on all available information. However, this is most often not an exercise in TRUTH but is instead using information to best advantage to make an educated guess.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #276 on: April 09, 2008, 05:03:16 PM »

The quick answer is that we don't know. The April 21 is a best guess based on all available information. However, this is most often not an exercise in TRUTH but is instead using information to best advantage to make an educated guess.

personally im going with the 18th

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #277 on: April 09, 2008, 05:34:24 PM »
18 is my lucky number but I'll try the 13th for lucky 13 just for fun :D

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #278 on: April 09, 2008, 07:53:42 PM »
getting back on topic found this nugget

Fashion Week Daily news editor Jim Shi has been telling select pals that he will be appearing on CBS’ The Amazing Race, a reality show where coupled contestants race around the globe.

“He was saying that he’s going to do Amazing Race next summer with Leslie Fremar,” a source told the Transom, citing Mr. Shi’s dear friend and stylist to actresses Jennifer Connelly, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Julianne Moore.

“I’m going to say no comment,” said socialite and publicist Annelise Peterson. “I only know that he’s a big fan of the show.”

http://www.observer.com/2008/here-shi-america-socialite-pet-purr-tv

so is this real or fake? if filming wasnt happening shortly why would this be out there so early

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #279 on: April 09, 2008, 09:17:07 PM »
I'd say after reading the article, Tom Brady fake Kogs.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #280 on: April 09, 2008, 09:24:40 PM »
getting back on topic found this nugget

Fashion Week Daily news editor Jim Shi has been telling select pals that he will be appearing on CBS’ The Amazing Race, a reality show where coupled contestants race around the globe.

“He was saying that he’s going to do Amazing Race next summer with Leslie Fremar,” a source told the Transom, citing Mr. Shi’s dear friend and stylist to actresses Jennifer Connelly, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Julianne Moore.

“I’m going to say no comment,” said socialite and publicist Annelise Peterson. “I only know that he’s a big fan of the show.”

http://www.observer.com/2008/here-shi-america-socialite-pet-purr-tv

so is this real or fake? if filming wasnt happening shortly why would this be out there so early

Any accepted contestant who is exposed as a contestant BEFORE the race begins--is eliminated with no ifs, ands, or buts, according to what I have been told. So someone who is telling "selected people" is stupid beyond belief to take that chance.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #281 on: April 09, 2008, 09:27:48 PM »
thats what i thought. thanks laides for turning this thread back on target

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #282 on: April 09, 2008, 09:32:22 PM »
I can only say that it is perfect to use a city, there was used as a decoy city last season. Season 13 opening line "I'M STANDING HIGH ABOVE THE CITY OF BOSTON...where 11 TEAMS OF TWO ARE ABOUT TO EMBARK ON A RACE AROUND THE WORLD" Said by Phil.

It is gonna be Boston!!

Scandy, after researching this, I have found NO evidence so far to support filming in Boston, particularly in the Beacon Hill area that you mentioned.

Based on what I know so far, I would say that the evidence for filming within Boston is just not there. I am still looking, but what I needed I have been told emphatically is not there....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #283 on: April 09, 2008, 09:35:21 PM »

The start day is a guess based on this info:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,14094.msg278454.html#msg278454

The start date could be anytime from now leading up to April 21. I think it will be sooner than the 21st...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #284 on: April 10, 2008, 01:22:24 AM »
I think it will be sooner than the 21st...

Peach, I hope it will be sooner than the 21st,

I doubt that Jim Shi and Leslie Fremar are on the race nor is Tom Brady
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #285 on: April 10, 2008, 02:23:01 PM »
My best guess for a start date is just about any time now since it is now after april 7, but I lean to the April 20 or 21 start date, probably, but not definite, headed for Central or South America.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #286 on: April 10, 2008, 02:50:06 PM »
My best guess for a start date is just about any time now since it is now after april 7, but I lean to the April 20 or 21 start date, probably, but not definite, headed for Central or South America.

g-man the reason i think the 18th is because if the job starts on the 21 they need to have the tapes back in order for them to start work. the first leg is usually 2 or 3 days so in order for them to have the tapes the race needs to start 3 days earliar so those tapes can get back by the 21.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #287 on: April 10, 2008, 03:13:52 PM »
Unless that date includes the pre race footage.  No reason to send to wait for the end of the first leg for work to be done with that.  Things like the openers, the confessionals done before teh race, that type of stuff.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #288 on: April 10, 2008, 03:46:57 PM »
Hello Michael!
Prague, Czech Republic is now 100% sure!! I have heard a rumor that Amanda and Ozzy from Survivor is gonna be on TAR14, i hope that is true! Ozzy rules!!

will you please stop posting crap without saying how you know.

The leg in Prague: There is gonna be clue on Charles Bridge, and a roadblock in Kinský Palace – Old Town Square. That is all i know. I do not know when the filming is gonna take place there. I have read on this site that the start day is 4-21-2008, but i do not know when they are gonna get to Prague, Czech Republic!!

Those took place already as part of the 7th leg of TARA2 (also known as the Extended Funeral March of Henry and Terri, Part the Second). I doubt they (US edition) would use the same locations and task so soon after another edition, even if it wasn't broadcast in the US.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #289 on: April 10, 2008, 03:58:27 PM »
Oh thank you zach!! I knew that sounded familiar!  :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #290 on: April 10, 2008, 05:04:36 PM »
Unless that date includes the pre race footage.  No reason to send to wait for the end of the first leg for work to be done with that.  Things like the openers, the confessionals done before teh race, that type of stuff.

there was 2 dates on the job listning rememeber. the 7th and the 21st. i think the 7th part of it was what thats for.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #291 on: April 10, 2008, 05:35:02 PM »

there was 2 dates on the job listning rememeber. the 7th and the 21st. i think the 7th part of it was what thats for.
Damn Kogs your right, I forgot all about that.   :groan:

Which is cool, the sooner the better.  Make you guys and gals get to work. :yess:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #292 on: April 10, 2008, 06:17:12 PM »

Damn Kogs your right, I forgot all about that.   :groan:

Which is cool, the sooner the better.  Make you guys and gals get to work. :yess:

we are on it alright, just keep your eyes out at airports next week!!

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #293 on: April 10, 2008, 07:06:07 PM »

Based on what I know so far, I would say that the evidence for filming within Boston is just not there. I am still looking, but what I needed I have been told emphatically is not there....

Peach, it's been decades since I was an undergraduate and graduate student in the area and used Logan International Airport. My memory kicked into place and reminded me that Logan is NOT in Boston. It's actually in East Boston, with a small bit of it in Winthrop. This suggests that airport filming could be done with a permit from East Boston. The starting line could be anywhere in the overall Boston metoropolitan area. There are plenty of historical places for that and it will be Patriot's Day, the most important holiday of the year in the state of Massachusetts. The events of 1775 took place in Concord and Lexington, so those could be good places to look for filming activity.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #294 on: April 10, 2008, 07:38:34 PM »

Peach, it's been decades since I was an undergraduate and graduate student in the area and used Logan International Airport. My memory kicked into place and reminded me that Logan is NOT in Boston. It's actually in East Boston, with a small bit of it in Winthrop. This suggests that airport filming could be done with a permit from East Boston. The starting line could be anywhere in the overall Boston metoropolitan area. There are plenty of historical places for that and it will be Patriot's Day, the most important holiday of the year in the state of Massachusetts. The events of 1775 took place in Concord and Lexington, so those could be good places to look for filming activity.

apskip i know who peach has been calling and i personally have looked into boston my self. for all purposes they are not going to be there. and itss the boston marathon weekend next week. i doubt the city of boston will issue permits for them to film with the marathon going on that weekend

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #295 on: April 10, 2008, 09:09:28 PM »
askip is correct that Concord and Lexington would be great and are NOT covered by the people I have spoken to so far   ;)... but there continues to be  no evidence for within Boston. Every small town outside Boston has it's own protocol though and it is nearly impossible to check them all...

kogs is also correct: I can tell you there will be NO film permits issued for Boston during the 18th to 21st...

However, I do NOT think that we are locked into a April 21 departure date. In fact, I suspect that it may well be earlier--but this is speculation from me and NOT spoiler info! :lol:

Most importantly, all you travelers--cameras at the ready please!  :hfive:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #296 on: April 10, 2008, 09:20:21 PM »
askip is correct that Concord and Lexington would be great and are NOT covered by the people I have spoken to so far   ;)... but there continues to be  no evidence for within Boston. Every small town outside Boston has it's own protocol though and it is nearly impossible to check them all...

kogs is also correct: I can tell you there will be NO film permits issued for Boston during the 18th to 21st...

However, I do NOT think that we are locked into a April 21 departure date. In fact, I suspect that it may well be earlier--but this is speculation from me and NOT spoiler info! :lol:

Most importantly, all you travelers--cameras at the ready please!  :hfive:

how about the 16th? its mid week less travel

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #297 on: April 10, 2008, 09:34:11 PM »
Let's not get locked in on Boston or any of the suburban locations: Concord, Lexington, Bunker Hill, etc.

Probably not LAX again.  So many more options exist.  So let's keep them open.  Where haven't they started from:  Atlanta?  Dallas/Fort Worth?  Washington DC?  Philadelphia?   Should be near an international airport with lots of travel possibilities.

But, trouble with airlines just may throw a monkey wrench in any well-laid plans.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #298 on: April 11, 2008, 07:23:51 AM »
Kogs, nobody has to set foot in Boston on Patriot's Day in order for there to be a great start for Amazing Race 13. Either Concord or Lexington would provide a stunning starting point of truly historic proprtions (it was April 19, 1775 but celebrated on Patriots Day in Massachusetts which this year is April 21). So, camera permits there if townships even bother with such things. For East Boston they probably have more infrastructure since things do happen at Logan Airport from time to time, so definitely filming permits there.

GMAN, I am not saying that this is the only possible starting city. Last time we were focused on cities headed for Latin America. The list for Europe is quite different. Let me offer a 17 Eastern Time Zone cities with nonstop flights besides Boston and New York metro(already been there and done that):

Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Cleveland
Columbus
Cincinnati
Detroit
Indianapolis
Louisville
Baltimore
Washington DC
Nashville
Atlanta
Orlando
Tampa
Jacksonville
Charlotte
Raleigh/Durham

Each one has a small probability attached to it. However, I see Boston as having a much larger probability, maybe almost half.

Offline TheScandinavianAmazingR.

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Best Survivor ever.............Ozzy
« Reply #299 on: April 11, 2008, 08:10:49 AM »
Hello Michael!
Prague, Czech Republic is now 100% sure!! I have heard a rumor that Amanda and Ozzy from Survivor is gonna be on TAR14, i hope that is true! Ozzy rules!!

will you please stop posting crap without saying how you know.

The leg in Prague: There is gonna be clue on Charles Bridge, and a roadblock in Kinský Palace – Old Town Square. That is all i know. I do not know when the filming is gonna take place there. I have read on this site that the start day is 4-21-2008, but i do not know when they are gonna get to Prague, Czech Republic!!

Those took place already as part of the 7th leg of TARA2 (also known as the Extended Funeral March of Henry and Terri, Part the Second). I doubt they (US edition) would use the same locations and task so soon after another edition, even if it wasn't broadcast in the US.

Because you can never use the same location again, do you remember Survivor: Pearl Islands, and the next season Survivor: All-Stars same location same location!!!!!!!!!