Author Topic: Lucky TAR 13 Talk!  (Read 187178 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Lucky TAR 13 Talk!
« Reply #225 on: March 30, 2008, 06:16:52 PM »
I can't wait

"I'M STANDING HIGH ABOVE THE CITY OF BOSTON...where 11 TEAMS OF TWO ARE ABOUT TO EMBARK ON A RACE AROUND THE WORLD"

its not going to be boston michael

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 30, 2008, 07:30:32 PM »
haha, well where ever it is....i can't wait for spoilers..

PS
I'm green again!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #227 on: March 31, 2008, 10:24:30 PM »
*Please come to Boston for the springtime.*  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #228 on: April 02, 2008, 02:10:54 PM »
Phil's in town... :angel:

Spotted at AI last night!

The Stars Were Out
But the celebrities did come! Ladies and gentleman, Mrs. Vanna White of Wheel of Fortune took a spot in the front row, and Ryan couldn’t resist telling her, at one point, that he needed to buy a vowel. Spice Girl Geri Halliwell, Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan, and fashion designer and Project Runway judge Michael Kors were also in the crowd.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2008/04/02/tuesdays-idol-what-you-didnt-see-4/

There was also a rumor that he was at DWTS's? Anyone know anything about that?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #229 on: April 02, 2008, 02:12:57 PM »
Phil's in town... :angel:

Spotted at AI last night!

The Stars Were Out
But the celebrities did come! Ladies and gentleman, Mrs. Vanna White of Wheel of Fortune took a spot in the front row, and Ryan couldn’t resist telling her, at one point, that he needed to buy a vowel. Spice Girl Geri Halliwell, Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan, and fashion designer and Project Runway judge Michael Kors were also in the crowd.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2008/04/02/tuesdays-idol-what-you-didnt-see-4/

There was also a rumor that he was at DWTS's? Anyone know anything about that?
I'll look peachs brb

eta: I can't find anything sorry just what you found.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 02:19:51 PM by puddin »

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #230 on: April 02, 2008, 11:24:02 PM »
I think Jeff Probst was the only person at DWTS; no sign of Keoghan.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline TheScandinavianAmazingR.

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Best Survivor ever.............Ozzy
« Reply #231 on: April 03, 2008, 08:17:08 AM »
It is gonna Boston there is the Starting city!! It is so cool that it is fianaly Boston.
Seasons                   Starting city
       1                        New York City
       2                        Pahrump, Nevada                         
       3           Everglades National Park, Florida               
       4                        Los Angeles
       5                        Santa Monica, California
       6                        Chicago
       7                        Long Beach, California
       8                        New York City           
       9                        Morrison, Colorado
       10                      Seattle
       11                      Miami 
       12                      Los Angeles
       13                      Boston (Beacon Hill) (Starting Line) 

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #232 on: April 03, 2008, 08:42:56 AM »
TheScandinavian... I believe Michael was being facetious, no doubt based on Boston being a decoy starting line. It would be impractical to have a Boston starting line as it would be the day of the Boston Marathon. That is, unless they use the marathon to slow traffic enough to prevent teams from getting early flights  :lol3:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #233 on: April 03, 2008, 09:40:55 AM »
The start day for the Boston Marathon would be a perfect day for the AR13 teams and crews to blend in with the many runners, coaches and spectators leaving Boston Logan International Airport late in the afternoon for flights to wherever in Europe. They won't be flying nonstop to NewZealand or the Far East from Boston. The race takes 2 hours 9 minutes for the fastest men and about 5 hours for the slowest. The important thing to know is that the Boston Marathon Association is running buses from Boston back to Hopkinton from 1pm to 5pm.

I agree with those who think the starting city will be Boston and further I think the date will be the Patriot's Day celebration of April 21.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #234 on: April 03, 2008, 09:50:20 AM »
Actually zach, we don't know that the start date is that marathon day at all. We have a job application that suggests 4/7 to 4/21 as  a likely window for the start date, so it could be anytime. And could that application even be a red herring deliberately placed to throw us off the track? Prob not, but we have to look at all sides.

I think that knowing that Phil is already in LA may mean an earlier start date that we had thought--perhaps 4/10-4/17 even.

We also can't say that Boston is NOT the start city. We would like not to believe it because WRP used it as a decoy city last time (or else they planned to use it and then had a last minute change). There were a huge amount of Boston false leads out there last season, so Boston is a bit of a red flag to us right now.

Having said that, we will be looking at Boston just as we are other cities as a possible start line.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #235 on: April 03, 2008, 11:17:17 AM »
I can only say that it is perfect to use a city, there was used as a decoy city last season. Season 13 opening line "I'M STANDING HIGH ABOVE THE CITY OF BOSTON...where 11 TEAMS OF TWO ARE ABOUT TO EMBARK ON A RACE AROUND THE WORLD" Said by Phil.

It is gonna be Boston!!

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #236 on: April 03, 2008, 11:23:50 AM »
Do anybody know if it is true that, Daniele Donato and Richard Louis "Evel Dick" Donato from BigBrother 8 is gonna be a Team In TAR13?

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #237 on: April 03, 2008, 11:28:12 AM »
There is gonna be 13 teams in season 13, and the speedbump and U-turn is also to be found next time!!

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #238 on: April 03, 2008, 11:34:00 AM »
Teen places i would like to see in TAR13.
1. Denmark, Copenhagen
2. Belgium, Brussels
3. Spain, Madrid
4. Greenland,  Godthab (Nuuk)
5. Angola, Luanda
6. Cameroon, Yaoundé
7. Malawi, Lilongwe
8. Tasmania
9. Fiji
10. Australia,  Melbourne

It could be great to see a edition there is not going to Asia!! ( the only one was season 8)

I think that Prague,  Czech Republic is 99% sure!!

Offline KingCrimson88

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #239 on: April 03, 2008, 01:34:04 PM »
Eh, whatever.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 02:14:20 PM by KingCrimson88 »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #240 on: April 03, 2008, 08:44:25 PM »
Do anybody know if it is true that, Daniele Donato and Richard Louis "Evel Dick" Donato from BigBrother 8 is gonna be a Team In TAR13?

God forbid :'(   If for some strange reason TPTB selected them for TAR13, it would be the end of TAR.   But it just won't happen.  If it does it would be the end for me.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #241 on: April 03, 2008, 08:48:03 PM »
Teen places i would like to see in TAR13.
1. Denmark, Copenhagen
2. Belgium, Brussels
3. Spain, Madrid
4. Greenland,  Godthab (Nuuk)
5. Angola, Luanda
6. Cameroon, Yaoundé
7. Malawi, Lilongwe
8. Tasmania
9. Fiji
10. Australia,  Melbourne

It could be great to see a edition there is not going to Asia!! ( the only one was season 8)

I think that Prague,  Czech Republic is 99% sure!!

An interesting list, but I am pretty sure that TAR13 will be heading to South America this time since the continent was completely ignored on TAR12.  Still a lot of places they have not been to in Central and South America:  Belize, Guatamala, Surinam, Devil's Island (that would be an interesting stop), Manaus and Recife on the Amazon.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #242 on: April 03, 2008, 09:46:36 PM »

When they stoop to this, it's a sure sign that van Munster and Doganieri have lost their marbles(anyone who has watched Oprah's Big Give may already have thought of that). I am repeating myself, but if BB retreads make it into the Amazing Race, it's time to start watching something else and go Cold Turkey on whatever AR is running and all future ARs. I hope the right World Race Productions people are listening.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 04, 2008, 03:21:45 PM »

When they stoop to this, it's a sure sign that van Munster and Doganieri have lost their marbles(anyone who has watched Oprah's Big Give may already have thought of that). I am repeating myself, but if BB retreads make it into the Amazing Race, it's time to start watching something else and go Cold Turkey on whatever AR is running and all future ARs. I hope the right World Race Productions people are listening.

IA, well, not the stop watching part because no matter who is cast i'd watch -- but I'd hate to see any BB people on TAR

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #244 on: April 04, 2008, 08:30:28 PM »
I would also hate 2 see Big Brother contestants on TAR and The Scandinavian... you are getting waaay ahead of yourself sheesh!!

HOWEVER: Boston would be a good starting line and,

The Scandinavian just a few Questions as raised by Peach:
- How did you get Beacon Hill as the starting line and where?
- How do you know there will be 13 teams
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #245 on: April 04, 2008, 11:49:09 PM »
I would prefer no other reality tv stars thank you.  But I would still probably watch.  Though the last Big Brother racer was on a team that in its first two episodes was worse then Jonathan & Victoria in their first two episodes, and I absolutely loathed them.  So please no Big Brother cast ever again.

nikita

« Reply #246 on: April 05, 2008, 05:21:06 AM »

How many times have we heard BB contestants making the transition to TAR since Allison and it  turns out to be untrue? I hope Bertram does not  include anymore reality tv stars. Enough is enough.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 05:25:24 AM by nikita »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #247 on: April 06, 2008, 02:23:26 PM »

RESUME   

Mary-Pat Carney
http://realitystaff.com/?id=28630

Just for good measure

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/4/093/716

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #248 on: April 06, 2008, 07:49:49 PM »
:flirt: , I would die just die *swoon*

Healthy and refreshed, Seymour targets ’08.

Exactly 50 days later, most of the players voluntarily — and I use the word loosely — found themselves back at Gillette Stadium for the start of the team’s offseason training program. If only Britney could turn it around that fast.

However, not everyone was there on Day 1, including budding stamp collector Randy Moss and continent-hopping Tom Brady, who apparently is auditioning for “The Amazing Race.”   

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 06, 2008, 07:56:38 PM »
Is he Reese Witherspoon's friend? I remember hearing that she had a friend that was audition for TAR13... I think she said it on Jay Leno