Author Topic: Lucky TAR 13 Talk!  (Read 186263 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Lucky TAR 13 Talk!
« Reply #175 on: March 11, 2008, 10:09:59 AM »
I have a few pithy comments about the above rumors:

1. If true, this shows how desperate the Amazing Race is to get a winning female team. There would be a 100% probability of a winning female team for an all-female team race. How low will World Race Productions stoop to achieve an objective? Couldn't they just cast their teams properly with carefully chosen couples and male teams to get that desired result?

2. The thought of more retreads from Survivor on the Amazing Race, as usual, makes me ill.

3. The only thing that would make me more ill would be more retreads from Big Brother.

4. Let's see fresh faces and not all from the same high school in southern California! Bertram, please give your casting folks a decent budget so they can travel further than 50 miles.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #176 on: March 11, 2008, 10:28:32 AM »

1. If true, this shows how desperate the Amazing Race is to get a winning female team. There would be a 100% probability of a winning female team for an all-female team race. How low will World Race Productions stoop to achieve an objective? Couldn't they just cast their teams properly with carefully chosen couples and male teams to get that desired result?

2. The thought of more retreads from Survivor on the Amazing Race, as usual, makes me ill.

3. The only thing that would make me more ill would be more retreads from Big Brother.

4. Let's see fresh faces and not all from the same high school in southern California! Bertram, please give your casting folks a decent budget so they can travel further than 50 miles.

I couldn't agree more, apskip :jumpy:

No more castoff castaways. :umn:

No more bounced BBs losers. :duno:

No more hunky models

Lets have some new faces; new teams; new real competetors :yess:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #177 on: March 11, 2008, 10:32:15 AM »
Oh please guys, you really don't believe it, do you?  :lol: :lol:

Parvati was picked for Survivor after she applied for the race apparently--doubtful it would go full circle again.

But Yau-man can come race--otherwise I'm with you 100% on the retreads!!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 10:37:16 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: March 11, 2008, 10:48:51 AM »
I agree, how desperate would WRP be to get an all female winning team.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: March 11, 2008, 12:16:54 PM »

I couldn't agree more, apskip :jumpy:

No more castoff castaways. :umn:

No more bounced BBs losers. :duno:

No more hunky models

Lets have some new faces; new teams; new real competetors :yess:

going back to the casting of tar2? that works!!!! they need to stop hiring people who where on the show as casting agents.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: March 11, 2008, 04:01:38 PM »
While I having nothing against models, pageant people or aspiring actors.  Even season 2 had asprining actors (Gary & Dave).  And Chris & Alex had no problem with trying to parley into entertainment fields.

But I would also like to see teachers, scientists, police officers, accountants, office workers, ect....

And I understand that tv being a visual medium is going to cast on average good looking people, and thats fine.  But you can have good looking people in other fields.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #181 on: March 11, 2008, 11:29:06 PM »

I agree with points 2, 3 and 4.

But I strongly disagree with part of #1.  The idea of an all female team season is laughable.  I can just picture all the teams making the generic, i want to be the first all female team that wins confessional. 

But I despise the idea of casting the show to enable a female team to win.  As a women, that pisses me off. 

If they are going to cast fit, smart athletic women then they should do the same with men.  If they still can't win a season, too damn bad.

I hated when they did that with all stars (with a passion).  It tells all other teams, whether they are in shape, smart, young couples or parent/child or smart fit young women, or seniors, ect.  That they aren't good enough.  That we have to stack the deck in your favor to "let" you win.

That is complete and utter crap.

I mean you look at the female teams that are generally well liked (or thought to be good), or last a long time rarely is strength the issue that gets them eliminated.

Really the only time that I can recall this happening is the bowling Moms.    Though admittedly if Bama had managed to go to the correct airport and secure tickets, it is exceedingly doubtful that this out of shape team, could have kept pass with either of the younger teams.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #182 on: March 11, 2008, 11:46:43 PM »
Well said, mswood!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: March 12, 2008, 09:28:24 AM »
Neobie, one thing you should have learned from reading posts on this thread is NEVER trust anything Bertram van Munster says publicly. It has no better than a 50% chance of being accurate. I personally do not believe based on other evidence on this forum that the start of AR13 will be "April or May". He is just trying to fake us out and keep our eye off the ball. Plan on the next 2.5 weeks for the start of AR13. I think there is a better than 50% chance that this will prove to be correct.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #184 on: March 12, 2008, 09:35:03 AM »
Thank you Neobie! Great find!  :jumpy: :jumpy:

Yes, BVM has a poor track record for accuracy with us but I love the very "original and insane" route comments!

We have loads of production resumes leading us to think that filming could start as soon as the next couple of weeks but certainly continuing into or even starting in April remains a possibility.

So everyone travel with eyes peeled and cameras ready! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: March 12, 2008, 04:50:25 PM »
Thank you Neobie! Great find!  :jumpy: :jumpy:

Yes, BVM has a poor track record for accuracy with us but I love the very "original and insane" route comments!

We have loads of production resumes leading us to think that filming could start as soon as the next couple of weeks but certainly continuing into or even starting in April remains a possibility.

So everyone travel with eyes peeled and cameras ready! :lol:

speaking of resume's heres the updated list of what i found. Puddin i hope this doesnt get lost

Mary-Pat Carney
Other (Production Supervisor)      The Amazing Race      CBS      10/03-06/08 

Justin Davis

Coordinator (Production or Field)      The Amazing Race      CBS      10/07-02/08

Jason Jeffress
Production Manager (Asst.)      The Amazing Race      CBS      05/07-12/08

Alfreda Williams

Assistant Accountant      The Amazing Race      CBS      03/07-06/08

Lauren Spiegel
Casting Associate      The Amazing Race 13      CBS      12/07-02/08

MATT VENER
Casting Associate (Casting Consultant)      The Amazing Race      CBS      10/07-12/07

Kimberly Clark
Casting Associate      The Amazing Race      CBS      12/07-02/08 

Shari Hammerman
Editor      The Amazing Race      CBS      08/08-10/08

Katie Curtright
Other (Casting)      The Amazing Race      CBS      11/07-12/07 

giselle parets
Producer (Senior Producer)      The Amazing Race 13      CBS      01/08-01/08

Darren Bunkley
Producer (Field)      The Amazing Race 13      CBS      01/08-05/08

Kristen Rinella
Other (Casting Editor)      The Amazing Race 13      CBS      01/08-01/08 

Coordinator (Production or Field) (Asst. Casting Coordinator)      The Amazing Race 13      CBS      11/07-02/08 

Erin Germain
Casting Associate      The Amazing Race 13      CBS      11/07-02/08 

Jayna Pellegrino
Other (Casting Coordinator)      The Amazing Race C13      CBS      01/08-03/08

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 12, 2008, 04:52:03 PM »
 :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess:

I can't wait! :D

GO TO MALTA, I WANT TO SEE THE MOTHERLAND!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #187 on: March 12, 2008, 05:23:41 PM »
Thanks Neobie   :jumpy: :jumpy:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: March 12, 2008, 06:30:58 PM »
:umn:  Just thinking out loud, but this may be the key entry:

Shari Hammerman

I take this to mean that post-production could span a Fall 2008 show schedule.  :angel:

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #189 on: March 12, 2008, 09:10:07 PM »
Most TARs have included a lot of "insane" episodes and tasks; so nothing new there.  But "original"could mean TPTB have tried to go to new locations again.

Africa and the Middle East are in perpetual turmoil and travel in these areas has been discouraged by the State Department.

South America and Central America could show up in TAR13 (we skipped them in TAR12) - Belize could finally make it. Surinam?

Malta looks like a good site along with Prague, Bucharest and Sofia.

I'm hoping that TAR13 leaves from Washington DC on May 20 headed for Zurich as a first stop!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #190 on: March 12, 2008, 10:30:19 PM »
:umn:  Just thinking out loud, but this may be the key entry:

Shari Hammerman

I take this to mean that post-production could span a Fall 2008 show schedule.  :angel:

Say TAR 13  films soon and airs during the summer...

Then TAR 14 could film during the summer and be in post-production by late summer for a fall premiere...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TheScandinavianAmazingR.

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Best Survivor ever.............Ozzy
« Reply #191 on: March 13, 2008, 09:45:31 AM »
Winning female team. It is so sad that there never have been a female team, to win. As i see it they only ones there have been great racers where Dustin and Kandice. So they need to caste females like them. Lyn & Karlyn in season 10 was so stupid when they need it not to be( wrong airport). And Charla & Mirna was so annoying. There have to be a Female team to win soon, it is season 13 up next come on now!!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #192 on: March 13, 2008, 10:37:12 AM »
Most TARs have included a lot of "insane" episodes and tasks; so nothing new there.  But "original"could mean TPTB have tried to go to new locations again.

Africa and the Middle East are in perpetual turmoil and travel in these areas has been discouraged by the State Department.
My proposal. For the very last season, cast 13 teams of totally unlikable people. Then have them go leave from New York. Their first stop will be Siberia. Then leave them there. The show ends.  :groan: :groan:

I'm tired. Don't mind me.  :angel: :angel:
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #193 on: March 14, 2008, 11:48:26 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #194 on: March 14, 2008, 11:17:32 PM »

South America and Central America could show up in TAR13 (we skipped them in TAR12) - Belize could finally make it. Surinam?

Malta looks like a good site along with Prague, Bucharest and Sofia.

I'm hoping that TAR13 leaves from Washington DC on May 20 headed for Zurich as a first stop!

I think BVM might be talking about how the route is structured; it might have a lot of Equator crossings (yay), zig-zagginess (walking zombies = cool) or another great circle (please, no).

I think we're due for another Oceania visit, no? Perhaps a trip to the land of the Kiwi (it's been...3 years/7 US editions)? Copenhagen would be another good place for a leg, as would many parts of Germany (really TAR has only focused on southern Germany with the exception of Berlin, and the tasks took a backseat to the assholiness of multiple racers that leg). Indonesia would also be great as an alternative to the culture shock of India.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #195 on: March 15, 2008, 09:15:39 PM »
Well...we can say they aren't filming yet:lol:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,13250.msg271181.html#msg271181
This certainly gives more juice to the predicted April-May window of opportunity. :yess:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: March 15, 2008, 09:57:47 PM »
Great
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline TheScandinavianAmazingR.

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Best Survivor ever.............Ozzy
« Reply #197 on: March 16, 2008, 09:08:43 PM »
It could be so cool if they went to Denmark!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #198 on: March 24, 2008, 06:58:50 PM »
Unlikely but to share:

I read the news from a Hong Kong forum, a person said he saw an all-female team was buying tickets in MTR station last thursday in Hong Kong!!!.Their hand was holding a clue~If it is real,i'm so excited that TAR come to Hong Kong again!!!

Could any of our Hong Kong contingent find this post for us?? :waves:

http://amazingrace.wetpaint.com/thread/1316821/filming+of+TAR+13?offset=0&maxResults=20&t=anon

ETA: That would be Thurs March 20. We know Phil was cycling in NZ 3/13-16...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 07:06:44 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline amazing_hey

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #199 on: March 25, 2008, 06:05:18 AM »
The link is here

http://www23.discuss.com.hk/viewthread.php?tid=5454755&extra=&page=41

I have ask the shop near EXit C & D in central MTR today.....[Etc. 7-11, Mrs Filed]

Also asked the shop outside the exit....

But they said they are not sure if there anyone filming there.....

I still remember 20 March 12:50pm I am walking on the street near Entrance D.....

And the people said they saw it at 1:00-2:00pm.....

I guess if it is real, it should be many people saw it.....

As it is lunch hour.....

Someone also spotted the TAR in TST station.....

I am not sure if they really come but some said they saw it....

I would like to try to ask the people working in central station again tmr....

I will be pissed IF they really come.....as I nearly saw them.....