Author Topic: Lucky TAR 13 Talk!  (Read 185684 times)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Lucky TAR 13 Talk!
« Reply #400 on: May 04, 2008, 08:19:15 PM »
It will be the first series to replace a failed show. I just wish CBS won't schedule it against a big series like Dancing with the Stars or American Idol. I would not put it past the idiots there to do something like this.
Just here to visit.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #401 on: May 04, 2008, 09:06:21 PM »
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it did turn out to be used a a mid season replacement show.  But it was great to see the show average its 3rd highest season average as filler.

As long as we get a 14th cycle approved before the season starts is all I care about.  Get the current one in the can, and get another cycle up and ready.  With the pounding that CBS took this spring in the ratings, they are kicking themselves for not approving cycle 13 in time.

The one down side on this is that if the show is designed as filler, I can certainly see it being an 11 episode season instead of the normal 13. 

Hopefully we will get solid info one way or the other with up fronts.

Though I strongly disagree with the article saying it plays well no matter what.  After finally digging up final rating numbers for all the episodes since the show started (except one episode of season 4, damn it).  The show ratings wise has only been successful in seasons 5, 6, 7, 10, and 12.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #402 on: May 12, 2008, 12:38:54 PM »
cbs ordered this today

CBS has made its pilot pickup calls, greenlighting two comedies and four dramas for its 2008-09 sked.
The half-hours are "Worst Week," based on a British format, from scribe Matt Tarses and Universal Media Studios; and "Project Gary," starring Jay Mohr as a recently divorced dad, from ABC Studios and scribes Ed Yeager and Ric Swartzlander.

Dramas are as expected: Jerry Bruckheimer's "Eleventh Hour" and "The Mentalist," from Warner Bros. TV; "The Ex List" (formerly "Mythological Ex") from 20th Century Fox TV; and murder mystery "Harper's Island," from CBS Paramount Network TV
(Harpers Island is for midseason).

what does this mean for tar?  if unit or moonlight dont get renewed and no other drama's get picked up theres a good chance tar13 would start in september then
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 01:43:25 PM by Kogs »

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #403 on: May 12, 2008, 08:36:58 PM »
I say it looks good for a September start.  From several analyst just of of what they have picked up Moonlighting most likely if picked up will be a mid season.  Unit was picked up for a rumored Friday slot.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #404 on: May 13, 2008, 12:05:12 AM »
Announcements on the Fall Schedule are due out on Wednesday...

Fingers crossed!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #405 on: May 13, 2008, 09:04:10 AM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #406 on: May 13, 2008, 01:46:06 PM »
CBS to Air 'Amazing Race' 13 and 14 Next Seasontvweek.com —

The network has decided to double its order of the Emmy-winning reality show for next season. While one edition had already been greenlit, CBS told producers on Tuesday that it was ordering a second edition of the show. That sets the stage for two installments of “Race” to air next season.

http://digg.com/television/CBS_to_Air_Amazing_Race_13_and_14_Next_Season

May 13, 2008 10:53 AM

CBS Doubles Up on ‘Race’
By Josef Adalian

The CBS 2008-09 schedule just got a little more “Amazing.”

The network has decided to double its order of the Emmy-winning reality show for next season. While one edition had already been greenlit, CBS told producers on Tuesday that it was ordering a second edition of the show.

That sets the stage for two installments of “Race” to air next season.

CBS isn’t commenting on its scheduling plans, but based on the network’s past actions, it probably will air one edition of the show in the fall and another next spring.

Despite the Writers Guild of America strike, CBS aired just one installment of “Race” during the current season. That edition ran from November through January.

The two-season order for “Race” covers the show’s 13th and 14th cycles.

Bertram Van Munster, Jerry Bruckheimer and Jonathan Littman are the executive producers of “Race,” while Elise Doganieri co-created the show with Van Munster and serves as co-exec producer.

http://www.tvweek.com/news/2008/05/cbs_doubles_up_on_race.php
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 01:49:51 PM by puddin »

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #407 on: May 13, 2008, 01:48:42 PM »

The network has decided to double its order of the Emmy-winning reality show for next season. While one edition had already been greenlit, CBS told producers on Tuesday that it was ordering a second edition of the show. That sets the stage for two installments of “Race” to air next season.

:wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:  :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #408 on: May 13, 2008, 01:50:58 PM »

May 13, 2008 10:53 AM

CBS Doubles Up on ‘Race’
By Josef Adalian

The CBS 2008-09 schedule just got a little more “Amazing.”

The network has decided to double its order of the Emmy-winning reality show for next season. While one edition had already been greenlit, CBS told producers on Tuesday that it was ordering a second edition of the show.

That sets the stage for two installments of “Race” to air next season.

CBS isn’t commenting on its scheduling plans, but based on the network’s past actions, it probably will air one edition of the show in the fall and another next spring.

Despite the Writers Guild of America strike, CBS aired just one installment of “Race” during the current season. That edition ran from November through January.

The two-season order for “Race” covers the show’s 13th and 14th cycles.

Bertram Van Munster, Jerry Bruckheimer and Jonathan Littman are the executive producers of “Race,” while Elise Doganieri co-created the show with Van Munster and serves as co-exec producer.

http://www.tvweek.com/news/2008/05/cbs_doubles_up_on_race.php

when 14 applications went up we knew it was coming. just now its official. love it

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #409 on: May 13, 2008, 01:56:46 PM »
Yeah, they can plan and get everything set up.  But teh network could have developed something else and those plans would never be used.  But this is awesome, awesome news.  Please, please give us 13 episode sycles.

and CBS here's to you (compared to last year)  :kuss:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 02:24:45 PM by mswood »

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #410 on: May 13, 2008, 02:26:04 PM »
Ok, you know what this means everyone.  No vacation for the wicked.  We will have teams racing that you better be tracking.  While the 13th season is going and we are digging for every frigging detail for each episode.

He, he  you guys don't need to sleep anyway.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #411 on: May 13, 2008, 10:49:52 PM »
from tomorows usa today

Military drama The Unit and sitcom Rules of Engagement also will be back. And the future of How I Met Your Mother, never seriously in doubt, is officially secure. (The Amazing Race, previously renewed, is also expected on the fall schedule

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #412 on: May 14, 2008, 08:21:45 AM »
SEPTEMBER START!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yess: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :sucks :sucks :sucks :sucks :sucks :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #413 on: May 14, 2008, 08:35:21 AM »
cbs sunday schedule

SUNDAY

7:00-8:00 PM              60 MINUTES

8:00-9:00 PM              THE AMAZING RACE

9:00-10:00 PM            COLD CASE

10:00-11:00 PM          THE UNIT (NT)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #414 on: May 14, 2008, 08:45:59 AM »
Thank you kogs! :hearts:

Singing/dancing here to Happy Days are here again!

:girly :girly :girly :girly :girly :girly :girly

Source thanks to kogs:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117985628.html?categoryid=14&cs=1
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 09:31:53 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #415 on: May 14, 2008, 08:48:41 AM »
Fantastic!! :sucks

CBS will return network television's Number One drama franchise - CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION; CSI: MIAMI, CSI: NY - the Number One comedy, TWO AND A HALF MEN; the Number One news magazine, 60 MINUTES; and two franchise reality series -SURVIVOR and the five-time Emmy Award-winning THE AMAZING RACE

On Sunday, the perennial Number One news magazine, 60 MINUTES, kicks off its 41st season at 7:00 PM, followed by the return of the five-time Emmy Award-winning reality series THE AMAZING RACE at 8:00 PM.  The  successful  crime drama COLD CASE remains at 9:00 PM and the action drama THE UNIT joins the night at 10:00 PM.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #416 on: May 14, 2008, 09:01:50 AM »
loved this comment from the upfronts

9:30 - "Amazing Race" has two cycles this season.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #417 on: May 14, 2008, 09:08:46 AM »
Heee... guess Variety has the Sunday night line up not quite right--that should be TAR, CSI, the Unit  but I love seeing TAR there so will leave it! :lol:

ETA: all fixed now!

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_network/release?id=18653
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 09:33:11 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #418 on: May 14, 2008, 09:13:27 AM »
Heee... guess Variety has the Sunday night line up not quite right--that should be TAR, CSI, the Unit  but I love seeing TAR there so will leave it! :lol:

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_network/release?id=18653

variety fixed it also

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #419 on: May 14, 2008, 01:50:51 PM »
Well tha the confirmation we need.  Time to party.  Though I did love seeing the lead out of CSI.  Boy that would really help the ratings.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #420 on: May 14, 2008, 08:56:53 PM »
If TAR13 starts its run in September, then I would look for TAR14 to be scheduled to start after the first of the year.  Maybe late January or early February.

Unless, of course, they are stupid enough to give Julie Chen and her house of BB's another prime time run starting in February.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #421 on: May 14, 2008, 08:59:47 PM »
If TAR13 starts its run in September, then I would look for TAR14 to be scheduled to start after the first of the year.  Maybe late January or early February.

Unless, of course, they are stupid enough to give Julie Chen and her house of BB's another prime time run starting in February.
NO Gman! Don't speak of the nasty BB winter addition ever again! Honestly I will torch my PC!! I'm not kidding!!

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #422 on: May 14, 2008, 09:05:26 PM »

NO Gman! Don't speak of the nasty BB winter addition ever again! Honestly I will torch my PC!! I'm not kidding!!

there will be no mid season bb, harpers island has a mid season order

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #423 on: May 14, 2008, 09:18:19 PM »

Please! CBS knows the winter edition of BB was a complete and utter disaster. The network will never do that again, even if there's an actor's strike.
Just here to visit.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #424 on: May 14, 2008, 09:30:06 PM »
Yeah, I will promise to do write ups on the next winter edition of BB.  I couldn't believe how much I loved it, I had never watched it before.  Really its hard to be excited about AR knowing that I have to wait for summer for the next cycle of BB.