Author Topic: EP7 airs 12/23 : "This is Forever, Now"  (Read 139169 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP7 airs 12/23 : "This is Forever, Now"
« Reply #225 on: December 17, 2007, 12:27:13 AM »
There's a factory north of Florence that makes the Brako. Yes? No?
(I'm starting to think like the others that Florence may have very little to do with the episode.)
  :cmas4 How sad!
and Vigevano might be too far afterall.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #226 on: December 17, 2007, 12:28:50 AM »
Looks like the Roadblock to me.

Experienced pilot and one racer.

And Nick went for the Fast Forward, how ironic  :groan:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #227 on: December 17, 2007, 12:48:17 AM »
That's funny!  :cmaslol

Well I'm still thinking Florence for first cluebox and/or Pitstop....We have to do something with our vidcaps, right?  :cmas26

Or they could have edited it out again!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #228 on: December 17, 2007, 01:15:18 AM »
lets try this one
Barberino di Mugello airfield (Toscana), Italy (directions)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #229 on: December 17, 2007, 06:42:54 AM »

I certainly agree that flying is the Roadblock.  That makes the flag toss part of the Detour.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #230 on: December 17, 2007, 01:13:38 PM »
ONE OF THE RACE'S STRONGEST TEAMS SUCCUMBS TO THE STRESS OF SPRINTING AROUND THE GLOBE, WHILE ANOTHER TEAM CONTEMPLATES MAKING A PERMANENT CHANGE TO THEIR BODIES, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 12," SUNDAY, DEC. 23 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK
"This is Forever, Now" - Fatigue and stress cause one of the Race's strongest teams to breakdown when racing through Italy, while another Team contemplates making a permanent change to their bodies in order to further their position in the Race, on THE AMAZING RACE 12, Sunday, Dec. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #231 on: December 17, 2007, 03:18:30 PM »

And Nick went for the Fast Forward, how ironic  :groan:
:cmaslol :cmas50 :jumpy:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #232 on: December 17, 2007, 04:02:00 PM »
Leave it to Nick to worm his way out of his turn doing the Roadblock  :snicker:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #233 on: December 17, 2007, 10:34:23 PM »
Anything physical and Nic is on the sidelines watching gramps sweat his ass off. :groan: :groan: :groan:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #234 on: December 17, 2007, 10:44:54 PM »
This is Forever, Now is what I'm saying waiting for a good promo  :pull
Is this all we have so far?

Don & Nic, Fast foward at tattoo parlor perhaps in Empoli

Detour, flag twirling, Vinci Tuscany, Vinci Museum.

Ultralight Trike, Roadblock somewhere?

Episode Detail: This is Forever, Now - Amazing Race 12

*The five remaining teams continue on the seventh leg of the race.
*The teams encounter new challenges and opportunities in Italy,

*..and another pair consider making a permanent change to their bodies to further their position in the race.
*One Team contemplates making a permanent change to their bodies in order to get ahead.
*..while another Team contemplates making a permanent change to their bodies in order to further their position in the Race
*..While another team contemplates making a permanent change to their bodies
*Donald waffles about an opportunity to gain a huge advantage.

*Kynt argues with Vyxsin, ordering her to "stop this car!"
*One of the race's strongest teams succumbs to the stress of sprinting around the globe
**The teams travel to Italy and stress takes a toll on one duo;
*Fatigue and stress cause one of the Race's strongest teams to breakdown when racing through Italy,
*One Team faces a major setback when they lose their clue and their way in Italy. *.. and one team faces a setback when they lose both their clue and their way.
* In a role reversal, one often-bickering Team mends their wounds and starts working well together, while one usually cohesive Team melts down.
*The teams participate in a flag-twirling challenge, where one team falls apart and faces a "nightmarish" experience.
*One Team receives shocking news at the Pit Stop that they liken to a “three-headed serpent that at any moment can spring forward.”
*For the average traveler, a visit to Italy would likely be a magical experience, but for one particular team "nightmarish" might be a better description, when things suddenly stop going their way in the race.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 10:54:06 PM by puddin »

Offline down_with_alli

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Phil is my God
« Reply #235 on: December 18, 2007, 08:03:43 AM »
Sure looks like Nathan doing the roadblock.

ETA: It really does not look good for Kynt/Vyxsin. I think they're the ones to break down at the detour and then want to switch/take the FF, but Kynt doesn't want to hence the "STOP THE CAR VYXSIN!"
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 08:12:54 AM by down_with_alli »

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #236 on: December 18, 2007, 08:21:17 AM »

ETA: It really does not look good for Kynt/Vyxsin. I think they're the ones to break down at the detour and then want to switch/take the FF, but Kynt doesn't want to hence the "STOP THE CAR VYXSIN!"

I like the switching idea for the Goths.  They would most likely switch Detours as I suspect the teams are bunched when Don/Nick head for the FF.  Thus team realize Don/Nick are taking the FF and it would not be strategic to try for it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #237 on: December 18, 2007, 08:38:34 AM »
Remember Kynt twirling that stick in Ouagadougou during the African dance? He was great!  I am having a problem believing that he would have any trouble managing this one. Now Ron on the other hand...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline down_with_alli

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Phil is my God
« Reply #238 on: December 18, 2007, 08:52:50 AM »
Remember Kynt twirling that stick in Ouagadougou during the African dance? He was great!  I am having a problem believing that he would have any trouble managing this one. Now Ron Vyxsin on the other hand...

Fixed  :mas25

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #239 on: December 18, 2007, 09:04:46 AM »
Funny--  :cmas3 :cmas11

Vyxsin is a dancer though....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #240 on: December 18, 2007, 09:07:33 AM »

Maybe the Goths are racing Nick and Don to the FF.  Kynt realizes Nick/Don are going to get there first and wants to turn around and head for the flag tossing.

Offline down_with_alli

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Phil is my God
« Reply #241 on: December 18, 2007, 09:33:06 AM »

Maybe the Goths are racing Nick and Don to the FF.  Kynt realizes Nick/Don are going to get there first and wants to turn around and head for the flag tossing.

Now THAT is a great guess.

The only thing that's wonky is the whole TBC/FF debarcle and the damn Speed Bump!

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #242 on: December 19, 2007, 06:38:18 AM »
Why are things so quiet for this episode?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #243 on: December 19, 2007, 07:00:01 AM »
Because there are 14 days between leg 6 and upcoming leg 7 and not all information typically made available from CBS in advance has been received yet. Notice that the weekly quiz has not been issued yet.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #244 on: December 19, 2007, 10:09:29 AM »
*Kynt argues with Vyxsin, ordering her to "stop this car!"
*One of the race's strongest teams succumbs to the stress of sprinting around the globe
**The teams travel to Italy and stress takes a toll on one duo;
*Fatigue and stress cause one of the Race's strongest teams to breakdown when racing through Italy,
*One Team faces a major setback when they lose their clue and their way in Italy. *.. and one team faces a setback when they lose both their clue and their way.
* In a role reversal, one often-bickering Team mends their wounds and starts working well together, while one usually cohesive Team melts down.
*The teams participate in a flag-twirling challenge, where one team falls apart and faces a "nightmarish" experience.
*One Team receives shocking news at the Pit Stop that they liken to a “three-headed serpent that at any moment can spring forward.”
*For the average traveler, a visit to Italy would likely be a magical experience, but for one particular team "nightmarish" might be a better description, when things suddenly stop going their way in the race.

So in between Christmas tasks I've been thinking about this...

Since when does CBS drop the eliminated team in our laps?

All of those clues are designed to make us THINK Kynt/Vyxsin go out this week....but it is almost TOO obvious.

Suppose you read those as some for Ron/Christina instead

I agree that most of those are for the Goths--and they are prob the ones who lose the clue too.  But I don't want us to blindly accept a CBS smokescreen either.

But suppose it is Ron/Christina who fall apart at flag twirling? Or otherwise have a bad leg?

And if it is Ron who says the 3-headed serpent comment (and it sure sounds like him) ...what is he referring to?

I think this is where the speed-bump makes an appearance. Speed bump=“three-headed serpent that at any moment can spring forward.”

But why would they tell the next to last team about it? Wouldn't it be the last team who has to deal with this?

Say R/C are last --that explains why ONE team hears about it...  it clearly says one team not ALL teams... Why would they be the only team to have to worry?

maybe it is like the MFE--a penalty for being at the bottom.

But then this would have to be a TBC this week and I'm not sure I can mentally make a FF/TBC go together.

:pull (:;) :pull  Back to square one.

Thoughts anyone?  AM I just grasping at straws?

I just think it is a little too easy to say K/V go....
 :cmas4
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Red Devils

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #245 on: December 19, 2007, 10:30:36 AM »
hi...... peach... new poster here.. as i have explained in Ms.Wood's questions "post"... love u guys' work all along..

back to your pt.... I see where you are coming from with all these... however, I just think that CBS has done the most "obvious" stuff with their previews lately (i.e. one of the teams previewed will most likely get philiminated the following week)....... so it just makes it obvious for people to think it's the Goths who's going out this week (cuz the other team featured is GRamps and we all know they are featured cuz of the FF)....

Anyways.. just my 2 cents B:).... hope it makes sense  :cmas27

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #246 on: December 19, 2007, 10:37:21 AM »
Welcome to the forum Red Devils   :hithere: , I think you'll fit in well around here  :yess:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #247 on: December 19, 2007, 11:35:16 AM »
fwiw, the description to this picture

"This is Forever, Now" -- In this Detour, teams (Kynt) must take part in the traditional Florentine Flag exercise, following the moves and pirouettes of the professional troupe known as "Sbandieratori di Firenze" in order to receive their next clue on THE AMAZING RACE 12, Sunday Dec. 23

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #248 on: December 19, 2007, 11:40:41 AM »
WAs that in the TV Guide too?  :cmas18

Kynt and Vyksin are dancers--but remember when Kynt said "no one is going to beat us in a dance challenge?" Hope that wasn't foreshadowing! :cmas4
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #249 on: December 19, 2007, 11:44:07 AM »
No, CBS press peachs, its all they have for this episode as far as pictures go  :cmas10