Author Topic: Does anyone notice that ep4 intro has a little changed?  (Read 3748 times)

Offline TARA

• RFF Not So Newbie
Does anyone notice that ep4 intro has a little changed?
« on: November 26, 2007, 10:06:21 PM »
1st I wanna say. I'm not native English speaker, so you may not understand very clear what I try to say.  I'm improving it.
but...
you see, I have confirmed it. From Ep4 this season, in the scene of Goth couple turning their heads, the oringinal things were changed to a moving unclear thing. What was replaced, you can find out easily comparing to the previous. I can figure out it was done in the editing room, they did not re-shot it.

===========
and does anybody have any idea of how Hayden was eliminated in China actually?
I speak Chinese, and when I watched that 2 episodes for several times, I found something that the production crew may ignored. ---Becouse they don't speak Chinese. And in my opinion, the translator for them was too strict, that forced them to lose.

Anyway, wish everybody has a good Thanksgiving holiday!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 10:46:10 PM by TARA »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: Does anyone noticed that ep4 intro has a little changed?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 10:19:36 PM »
About Hayden,  Do you mean they could have stayed up on the mountain past 7pm ?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline TARA

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Does anyone noticed that ep4 intro has a little changed?
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 10:59:41 PM »
no. I mean when Adam and Rebecca first arrived at the base of the mountain, a clear female sound of Chinese voice saying " you're passed, you're passed". So I guess it's their translator or guardian something. Because a driver won't say this to HIMself. there's no way that Adam and Rebecca changed their driver since HE lead them twice first. Since the editor don't speak Chinese, they might think this was a driver telling them IT IS HERE. Actually it is a compeltly a different meaning. And you can find the un-aired scene from insider-player on CBS.com I found their translator.
rtsp://real.cbsig.net/g2demand/entertainment/primetime/amazing_race6/insider/show12/lost_translation.rm
Look at this guy, he also appears when Freddy and kendra getting on the shuttle bus which aired on TV. Also you can find the same lady appear with Kris and Jon. Seems she was not local either, at least she didn't know how to climb Mount. Hua.
(Insider player is not aviliable if you go to CBS website, but I got this link you can download it directly. It's illegale, so any of you has a oppugnation I will delete this.)

One thing I knew was AR hired local people helping them. I knew in Season 10, they hired people and let them get ready 3 days before they started.
I got confused... bcoz I type it in English... I will prepare more to support my opinion.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 11:05:26 PM by TARA »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Does anyone notice that ep4 intro has a little changed?
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 11:47:56 PM »
I'm trying to follow you, TARA, but I'm not quite clear what you're trying to say here.
Just here to visit.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 11:58:54 AM »
I can Kind of understand what TARA is trying to say here it is unclear TARAsiaFan but TARA said that it may not be clear!!!!!!!!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 02:15:59 PM »
 :cmas5
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 07:09:51 AM by banredbeans »

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 08:31:05 AM »
Could it possibly have to do with parking? Like, say, the translators for Adam/Rebecca, Freddy/Kendra and Kris/Jon all had the drivers stop at one particular point, possibly designated by TPTB. Hayden/Aaron, on the other hand, may have had to go to a regular parking place, which could've made them miss a gondola up the mountain and cut into her time to complete the roadblock (I don't think that there were many gondola rides up the mountain, so that extra time could've been significant, given the final result).

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 11:56:29 AM »
Back to the original observation of TARA.

Yes I did notice that change to the Goth's 'head turn' shot.

The version shown in Ep4 is awesome.   :bow: :bow:     It is much more dramatic than the one they put in Ep1,2,3.

It has them doing the synchronized turn at the moment a graffiti covered bus or subway car passes behind them.  The first version is just static grassy stuff.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders