Author Topic: American Idol Season 7  (Read 129230 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: American Idol Season 7
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2008, 03:35:19 AM »
Thanks for posting the great articles, ca.  You always post good stuff, and so neatly! :tup:

:-*  Thanks RudyRules, great to see you. I miss our late night Christmas word game playing  :lol: you had me beat  :jam:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2008, 04:12:43 AM »
Yeah ca, I've thought of our playing the Christmas games!  That was fun!  :)  There are other games we can play, somewhere here.  I think they are in archives. Will see if I can find 'em, ok?

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2008, 06:06:24 AM »
Yeah ca, I've thought of our playing the Christmas games!  That was fun!  :)  There are other games we can play, somewhere here.  I think they are in archives. Will see if I can find 'em, ok?

:-* Sounds great!!

Word ones are fun, and tv and movies are fine too.

Bring it on  :lol:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: February 29, 2008, 05:49:19 AM »
Update: American Idol Cuts 4 More Contestants

Four more aspiring singers failed to convince viewers that they have what it takes to win the star-making talent contest "American Idol."

The voting public cut loose Alaina Whitaker, Jason Yeager, Robbie Carrico and Alexandrea Lushington, trimming the number of contestants to 16 Thursday night.

Whitaker, a 16-year-old from Tulsa, Okla., let out a sob after she heard the result.

"Sorry, this is so embarrassing," she told host Ryan Seacrest, who consoled her with a hug.

The other "Idol" female contestants gathered on stage to lend moral support to Whitaker as she gave a final performance of "Hopelessly Devoted to You." Several contestants wiped away tears.

"You are a gifted, bright young talent. ... This is the start of an amazing career from you," said judge Paula Abdul, who gave Whitaker a standing ovation.

Simon Cowell wasn't surprised by Yeager's exit.

"Your problem — quite simply — is that you don't stand out in the crowd at the moment," the cranky judge told Yeager, a 28-year-old single dad from Grand Prairie, Texas.

Cowell told Carrico, who sang Foreigner's "Hot Blooded," that his rocker act "just never ever felt real." Carrico, 26, from Melbourne, Fla., was part of the pop group Boyz N Girlz United.

Lushington, a 17-year-old Douglasville, Ga., resident (and a snappy dresser and favorite of judge Randy Jackson's), displayed a lack of confidence Wednesday, acting sheepish and uncomfortable onstage, following her cover of Chicago's "If You Leave Me Now." Jackson said the '70s song didn't suit her youthful style.

A standout this week was 17-year-old David Archuleta, who sang a soulful cover of "Imagine."

Brooke White, 24, also scored a glowing review from Cowell for her bare-bones performance of "You're So Vain."

Cowell joked he thought the song was about him.

"American Idol," now running three times a week, will return to a twice-weekly schedule March 11 for the elimination of the final dozen. The decision-making finale will be held in May.

Source: http://www.realitytvworld.com/

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #54 on: February 29, 2008, 06:47:52 AM »
I was good with all of the boots except for Alaina Whitaker. I thought she was maybe the best of the ladies from the round of 24, and maybe third or fourth best this past Tuesday night!!! It was obvious that one of the blondes had to go. It sure wasn't gonna be Brooke White. But it shoulda been one of either Kristy Lee Cook or Kady Malloy, instead of Alaina!!!  :pull

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2008, 01:35:10 PM »
I thought it might be Amanda Overmyer, and I think she thought she was in danger, judging by her facial expression. I love her singing but she really picked a horrible song this week. I hated her hair, I agree with Simon there.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2008, 09:58:47 AM »
While we wait for the girls to sing, who do we think will get the boot tomorrow night for the guys. I predict Luke, because Simon gave him the Kiss Of Death for his performance, although I thought he did a good job with his song and it was upbeat. Simon just doesn't like him, period.

I THINK Chikeze will be ok, and I hope so, he is different and while he won't make it far into the final batch, he still is better than a few others. (Simon hates him too.)

David Noriega was horrible, his interview was horrible, but Vote for the Worst wants to push him as this year's Sanjaya.  :groan:

Paula seemed phruit loopy last night, LOL.. loved the 2 word thing, phe-nominal!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2008, 07:58:38 AM »
Who do we think will be gone this evening, girl wise? Kristy Lee Cook or Kady Malloy or both?

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2008, 04:34:01 PM »
Kady and Syesha

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2008, 10:02:33 PM »
Thank God David Noriega left. I liked Luke but he wouldn't have lasted much longer.

I was pretty sure Kady would go but I was surprised about Syesha Mercado.

Danny!! My bad!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 08:53:23 PM by TexasLady »

Offline careybear

• BB Livefeeds Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • reality tv junkie
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2008, 10:07:13 AM »
I was happy that David left as well. And asia, I wasnt very Happy with her and that song she sang
Having some Spring Fun

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2008, 04:42:19 AM »
I was really surprised Kady got booted & think it should've been Kristy instead.  
Wasn't shocked about the guys especially David Danny N. 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 04:49:19 AM by RudyRules »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2008, 04:54:08 AM »
My favs are David Archuleta and Brooke White.  Second choices, Carly and Michael. 

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2008, 09:35:02 PM »
I'll make my predictions. (And try 2 spel their names rite!)   :flirt:

David Hernandez, Ramielle Malubay, Kristy Lee Cook and iffy but possible, Michael Johns.

Kristy and Ramielle, both got the KOD from Simon.

One other comment, I like David Archuleta, but he has GOT to stop licking his lips.  :pull
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 04:36:30 PM by TexasLady »

Offline Jetgabriel

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Pamella and Vanessa for the win!
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2008, 05:10:00 AM »
Brooke White, David Cook and David Archuleta are my predictions.

I have a gut feeling that Ramiele won't make it into Final Three. (sadly)
Funny Q&A session this week.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2008, 03:26:33 PM »
I think David Cook could win the whole thing. David Archuleta showed he is vulnerable, and he's really young even though he is talented. I also agree, Ramiele won't make it to the end, and it is a shame, she is a wonderful singer. I blame the show for making them sing songs from different era's then blaming them for not singing as well as they could when it really isn't their style.

David Hernandez was the boot last night. He picked a horrible song.

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2008, 01:08:28 PM »
hi everyone :waves: i love David Cook, Brooke White, and Jason Castiro!...now jason has GOT to pick up this song choice and start picking ones with more upbeat in them!..i think Daivd A, is to young!.. yes a good singer! but i think David Cook is GREAT! i think the top 5 will be david cook , david A [cuz his fanbase is HUGE] brooke white, jason C, and the girl with the long tattoo on her left shoulder! with the dark hair, gosh i cant remeber her name! she sang come together last week. my hubby thinks she is GREAT he also likes David Cook!
A Day Without Sunshine, Is..Well...Night.

Offline Jetgabriel

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Pamella and Vanessa for the win!
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2008, 08:36:03 PM »
It was Carly Smithson. I will rate the contestants in last week's performance

Excellent
1. David Cook
2. Brooke White
3. Jason Castro

Great
4. Carly Smithson
5. Chikezie
6. Michael Johns

Good
7. David Archuleta
8. Syesha Mercado
9. Kristy Lee Cook [I kinda like it]

Bad
10. Amanda Overmyer [Didn't understand 50% of her words]
11. Ramiele Malubay
12. David Hernandez

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2008, 08:34:03 AM »
It was Carly Smithson. I will rate the contestants in last week's performance

Excellent
1. David Cook
2. Brooke White
3. Jason Castro

Great
4. Carly Smithson
5. Chikezie
6. Michael Johns

Good
7. David Archuleta
8. Syesha Mercado
9. Kristy Lee Cook [I kinda like it]

Bad
10. Amanda Overmyer [Didn't understand 50% of her words]
11. Ramiele Malubay
12. David Hernandez

i would have to say i agree with you, i would have put them all in the same order as you did! but for some reason! i dont like chikezie, i know he was good, but i just dont like him!, but i agree with your top 12 list! :tup:

Offline kidd

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2008, 10:25:05 PM »
What's up everyone? Here's my random thoughts since this is my first post in the AI board.

At this point, I HATE David Archuleta. He's clearly not only the "chosen one" but also has a huge fan base already. I would say there's only a 10% chance (maximum) that he doesn't win, but this is still a great top 11 10. Speaking of that, Amanda should have made the tour over Kristy. Simon said Amanda was on the verge of "becoming boring", but I would point out that Kristy has yet to be entertaining!

Carly in the bottom 3 was a shocker but I can't say I was disappointed. Even though I like her voice, she gets no sympathy from me.

I really want Kristy to go next week, but Ramiele is in danger if she doesn't step it up.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2008, 01:36:23 AM »
I'll make my predictions. (And try 2 spel their names rite!)   :flirt:

David Hernandez, Ramielle Malubay, Kristy Lee Cook and iffy but possible, Michael Johns.

Kristy and Ramielle, both got the KOD from Simon.

One other comment, I like David Archuleta, but he has GOT to stop licking his lips.  :pull

I really like David A, and didn't notice him licking his lips!  But he does and it is distracting.  I wonder if any of the judges or his family or someone has told him he does that.  It's doubtful HE realizes it! :groan: 

He does have a huge fan base, & he's a great singer & person, but I'm thinking he won't be the next AI.  It will be Brooke, Carly or Michael.  They are the best overall for talent, performance & maturity. 

What David A needs to do is grow up a bit more, finish high school, perform wherever he can, take voice lessons...practice what the AI judges have critiqued him on...then return and audition again.  It's a cinch he'd be chosen again!

And David A, quit licking your lips! 
(TL, I wonder why I didn't notice that before?  I'm surprised Simon hasn't quipped about it!)   

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2008, 02:54:56 PM »
What's up everyone? Here's my random thoughts since this is my first post in the AI board.

At this point, I HATE David Archuleta. He's clearly not only the "chosen one" but also has a huge fan base already. I would say there's only a 10% chance (maximum) that he doesn't win, but this is still a great top 11 10. Speaking of that, Amanda should have made the tour over Kristy. Simon said Amanda was on the verge of "becoming boring", but I would point out that Kristy has yet to be entertaining!

Carly in the bottom 3 was a shocker but I can't say I was disappointed. Even though I like her voice, she gets no sympathy from me.

I really want Kristy to go next week, but Ramiele is in danger if she doesn't step it up.

i hope david A doesnt win this, but you are right he has a HUGE fanbase!..i like carly alot, great rocker voice, and i too wanted amanda in the top 10, kristy should have went home, overall i would like david Cook to win! i really like his voice, and the type of music he would want to sing! david A, is to kiddie pop gum for me!..

Offline kidd

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2008, 09:28:22 PM »
overall i would like david Cook to win! i really like his voice, and the type of music he would want to sing! david A, is to kiddie pop gum for me!..

I like David Cook a lot. I look forward to his performances the most every week. Finishing somewhere from 2-5 is probably better than winning for him though, that way he can make his own album and not the one Idol wants him to make (see Daughtry)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2008, 05:51:32 PM »
Welcome to RFF Kidd! I think you are right, it might be better for him to NOT win and be tied up with all the contracts. It helped Chris when he went his own way.

Rudy, I wish someone would tell him to stop it and I can see Simon saying it. He's been pretty brutal this year. I can't see David A making it to the final 2 now. At one point I thought he would but he does need to grow up a little more. He has a great voice but he needs a little more time to mature.

I can see David Cook and Carly Smithson final 2, they are the best so far every week.

I think it will be Chikeze or Jason tonight. Jason should have been picking better songs, it isn't that either one of them are bad performers, but Simon gave Jason the Kiss Of Death last night. Ramielle could be in danger, she was sick, Randy didn't like her performance, Simon gave her a small pass.   

Offline kidd

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2008, 11:58:54 PM »
Thanks TexasLady! Glad to be here!

Good call on Chikezie going home, but I didn't think he deserved to leave yet. Ramiele was much worse and Kristy still stinks.

Also, how bad is this years "going home" song? Ruben, you can do better than that bud! Yikes.