Author Topic: American Idol Season 7  (Read 129757 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: American Idol Season 7
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2008, 07:33:03 AM »
Ruben has turned out to be such a dud! I bought his first album and it was horrible. I had severe buyers remorse. LOL

I was sorry to see Chikeze go, he does sing better than Kristy and Ramiele has been near the bottom several times. The good thing is he made the top 10 and he'll get to go on tour. That will help him gain experience and fans.

I was actually surprised that Jason didn't go home and I'm really sorry that Amanda won't be on the tour. She has a unique style, and I think she will have a career, we haven't seen the last of her.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2008, 08:35:33 AM »
WOW! David Cook [ROCKS :jam:] and i would love to see him win it! David A is to bubble gum for me! he is a good singer, BUT i think David Cook, could really be a great recording star! his voice is right on!...glad to see he got the #1 spot on dail a idol!...i voted my fingers off for him tuesday!..i didnt get to vote at all, the tuesday beore that, i voted on 4 landlines from my home office and 2 cell phones! i had some help with my siister voting with me! my hubby likes David Cook, and said vote for him, he makes me do all the work! :lol3: i liked jason at first along with David Cook, BUT jason has got to step it up! stop all the folk singing, and break out of his box!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 09:21:25 AM by sunshine26 »
A Day Without Sunshine, Is..Well...Night.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2008, 09:16:31 AM »
I agree with you about Jason, if he steps it up, he'll be there a long while, but if he doesn't he'll go. He is a very good singer. (Hate HATE the dreadlocks!)

Offline kidd

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2008, 04:58:34 PM »
Jason is a good singer, but a horrible performer. He won't be the next to go though. Ramiele or Kristy will go next week. Book it.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2008, 03:21:20 AM »
Too bad Chikeze is gone.  I agree...it should've been Jason or Rami. 
Kristy actually did purdy darn good this week and loved her singing
'God Bless the
USA!'

I use Dial Idol to vote and voted for Brooke and David Cook. 

Speaking of Brooke, am I sensing she is getting cold feet or something?  She hasn;t been performing as well the last couple weeks.  I hope she steps it up signficantly next week! 

Offline Jetgabriel

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Pamella and Vanessa for the win!
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2008, 08:08:48 AM »
Off Topic: Good to see a WWE fan like me. LOL

I was sorry for Chikezie to go actually. IMO, Kristy or Rami deserved to go. Anyway, Brooke has to kick it up a notch next week. Jason is falling downhill since he sang 'Hallelujah'. Michael was IMO the best. David C's performance was okay, I hated the song choice. (actually just the version) Syesha was great actually, I didn't expect her to be in the Bottom 3. Carly's performance was okay, nothing great. David A has the BIGGEST fanbase in this season. (I agree, David A should stop licking his lips, I just saw a vid in Youtube)

My Prediction That Won't be in the Top 8: Syesha Mercado

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2008, 09:07:51 PM »
Predictions made! We'll see! Two more days to AI!

:wohoo:

Offline kidd

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2008, 11:10:07 PM »
Unless they do something special Kristy, Ramiele, and Jason will be the next 3 to go (not necessarily in that order). Syesha isn't spectacular but she's definitely more versatile than those 3 and will handle whatever themes they throw out there quite well.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2008, 09:57:04 AM »
David Cook taken to the hospital after last night's show.

Report: 'American Idol' Contestant David Cook Rushed to Hospital
Wednesday, April 02, 2008

"American Idol" contestant David Cook was rushed to the hospital Tuesday night after experiencing heart palpitations throughout the day, TMZ reported.

Show medics said Cook's blood pressure was "far too high" and urged the aspiring "Idol" to seek treatment, but he did not want to leave until the show concluded, the Web site said.

Doctors gave Cook medicine to bring down his blood pressure and released him after a few hours, TMZ said. He was taken to the "Idol" apartments and was "doing fine," People magazine reported.

According to TMZ, an "Idol" source said Cook, a top contender on the singing competition, has been under a lot of pressure over his brother's battle with cancer; in an earlier show, he collapsed before performing and said he could not continue, but wound up being able to go through with the program.

Before being driven to the hospital, Cook, sporting a new haircut, pleased the judges with his rendition of Dolly Parton's "Little Sparrow."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,344851,00.html

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2008, 10:12:16 AM »
wow! i just love David's voice and i hope he wins! i voted on my cell 2 hours for him...i vote everyweek for him on 3 landlines and 2 cells, but i was out last night and could only vote on one cell, i hope he is ok! he is only 25, i didnt know this about his brother, he must be a mess over this! i loss one of my sister's 10 years ago to cancer, it is very hard on the family to go through something like this..to this day i still think of my sister, and cry! i hope David's brother will get through this!, and i pray for his family...and i hope David Cook wins this....i will be praying for his brother, David, and his family!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2008, 10:21:34 AM »
I didn't realize his brother was so ill either. I hope they get David stabilized, he's so young to have high blood pressure this high, I have him pegged to win this season or final 2 perhaps with Carly.

(I just realized I forgot to vote!!!)

Offline careybear

• BB Livefeeds Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • reality tv junkie
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2008, 06:51:35 PM »
that is sad about david cooks brother.

I am voting for david cook, david archoletto every week cell phone, and land line
Having some Spring Fun

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2008, 08:05:01 AM »
Jason is a good singer, but a horrible performer. He won't be the next to go though. Ramiele or Kristy will go next week. Book it.

Ramiele out, you were right. I felt so bad for her. Someone has to go every week, but she should be on the tour.

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2008, 10:10:00 AM »
I didn't realize his brother was so ill either. I hope they get David stabilized, he's so young to have high blood pressure this high, I have him pegged to win this season or final 2 perhaps with Carly.

(I just realized I forgot to vote!!!)

TL, thats a NO NO!!!!! [lol] you forgot to vote for DAVID!!!!! :groan: lets see what to do, what to do, with Texas Lady! :lol3: just kidding ya! you know i luv ya!, but i better not come back here, and read you forgot to vote for David Cook, the NEXT american idol, again! :hugs: just kidding with ya! TL! but really dont ever do that again! :kuss:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2008, 10:21:12 AM »
My bad!! LOL... I won't ever forget again! I have a system to it. I should see about DialIdol!! Wonder if I still even have a modem in this computer! (Well other than the cable one.)

Offline careybear

• BB Livefeeds Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • reality tv junkie
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2008, 03:34:25 AM »
I guess I missed it somewhere, what are they doiung next week? What is the theme?
Having some Spring Fun

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2008, 05:27:37 PM »
I guess I missed it somewhere, what are they doiung next week? What is the theme?

I'm not sure and I wouldn't bet anyone that I'm right but I think it might be iTunes Top 100 Week.  We'll see maybe if Simon's lucky it'll be Country (we know how much he loves the Country week)  :lol3:

Offline Jetgabriel

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Pamella and Vanessa for the win!
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2008, 01:49:56 AM »

The theme for next week is 'Most Inspirational Song' for Idol Gives Back. I was really shocked Ramiele got eliminated, but she really deserved it. I hope Brooke steps it up.

Prediction Before Performance Night, Who Won't Be in the Top 7: Kristy, Syesha or Jason

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2008, 02:47:41 AM »
I wish Brooke would step it up too.  She just hasn't done as well as she did at first, imo.

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2008, 05:39:30 PM »

The theme for next week is 'Most Inspirational Song' for Idol Gives Back. I was really shocked Ramiele got eliminated, but she really deserved it. I hope Brooke steps it up.

Prediction Before Performance Night, Who Won't Be in the Top 7: Kristy, Syesha or Jason

Ok this is straight of TMZ for next week:

Classic songs have been butchered every week on "American Idol" -- and next week they are taking stabs at the ones that inspire them. Jesus take the wheel!

Until TMZ moles obtain the song list -- and we will -- we've created a song list the wannabes should consider for themselves.

David Archuleta: "Papa Don't Preach" by Madonna
Kristy Lee Cook: "Don't Speak" by No Doubt
Michael Johns: "Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport" by Rolf Harris
Brooke White: "Crybaby" by Mariah Carey
David Cook: "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion
Jason Castro: "I Am Not My Hair" by India.Arie
Carly Smithson: "I've Got You Under My Skin" by Frank Sinatra
Syesha Mercado: "Don't Forget About Us" by Mariah Carey

Offline kidd

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2008, 12:40:50 PM »
Last week was a complete disaster IMO. Here are my thoughts:

1. David Cook - didn't blow me away but he had the best performance on a lackluster night.
2. Michael Jons - People have overrated this performance in their reviews. it was just alright for me.
3. David Archuleta - he's good but I'm so bored with him. I have nothing else to say.
4. Jason Castro - one of his best, and this is as close to stepping outside his comfort zone as we're gonna see. he could go soon.
5. Syesha Mercado - this arrangement didn't work for me at all. I actually felt the opposite of Simon- I thought she nailed the ending but the beginning just made it a jumbled mess for me.
6. Brooke White - She is treading Jason territory now as a niche performer. Only problem is Jason appears to be more popular. She's in trouble soon.
7. Kristy Lee Cook - this was her week (country) and she still didn't wow anybody. She stinks!
8. Carly Smithson - I want her to go away!
9. Ramiele Maubay - Another Lullaby from Ramiele. I was really bored with this performance, she deserved to go.

Also, Dolly Parton's performance on the results show........WTF?? that was terrible! She was worse than Ramiele!

To me only David Cook, Michael Jons, Jason Castro, Syesha and Brooke are watchable at this point. I want David A, Carly and Kristy gone, but they aren't going anywhere yet.  :pull

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2008, 10:20:04 AM »
Yipes Kidd. I think I might agree with you! Probably the worst thing for the contestants is having to sing songs they never heard of from bygone eras and completely out of their comfort zone. 

I think Brooke is a good country singer, but perhaps Simon has been so critical of her that her confidence is ebbing away. I thought she had a good performance last week, it certainly wasn't the worst, but Simon does hate country so he's not going to compliment her. He didn't like Kelly Pickler either and she is doing quite well for herself.  :yess:

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2008, 01:55:30 PM »
Last week was a complete disaster IMO. Here are my thoughts:

1. David Cook - didn't blow me away but he had the best performance on a lackluster night.
2. Michael Jons - People have overrated this performance in their reviews. it was just alright for me.
3. David Archuleta - he's good but I'm so bored with him. I have nothing else to say.
4. Jason Castro - one of his best, and this is as close to stepping outside his comfort zone as we're gonna see. he could go soon.
5. Syesha Mercado - this arrangement didn't work for me at all. I actually felt the opposite of Simon- I thought she nailed the ending but the beginning just made it a jumbled mess for me.
6. Brooke White - She is treading Jason territory now as a niche performer. Only problem is Jason appears to be more popular. She's in trouble soon.
7. Kristy Lee Cook - this was her week (country) and she still didn't wow anybody. She stinks!
8. Carly Smithson - I want her to go away!
9. Ramiele Maubay - Another Lullaby from Ramiele. I was really bored with this performance, she deserved to go.

Also, Dolly Parton's performance on the results show........WTF?? that was terrible! She was worse than Ramiele!

To me only David Cook, Michael Jons, Jason Castro, Syesha and Brooke are watchable at this point. I want David A, Carly and Kristy gone, but they aren't going anywhere yet.  :pull

I agree last week was a disaster and you had me cracking up  :funny: with the Dolly Parton performance WTF??? was that? Anyone of the contestants sang her songs better than she did!

Now my fav's are: Micheal Jons, (sorry) Carly Smithson, David Cook.  Although I Like Brooke and Jason they are somewhat boring because they do look very uncomfortable and you can tell when they are out of their comfort zones :(  And poor Kristy I really don't care if she stays or leaves but I do feel somewhat sorry for her seems she can't do anything right for the judges a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.  But like you I want David A Gone, gone, gone and I can take or leave Syesha she's beautiful but doesn't overwhelm me she's like Kristy stay or go no preference right now.

The weeks to come will be interesting with Neil Diamond, Mariah Carey and Andrew Lloyd Weber we'll see how these youngin's do with 3 of the guest Mentors in their 60's and only Mariah being somewhat closer to their age (she's 38)???

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2008, 11:27:28 AM »
Another reason I am so over David A  TMZ reports:

"David Archuleta made it seem like he just found the song "Angels" for his performance last night -- shame, shame, everybody knows your name -- it's been in his repertoire for years!

Check out a pre-"Idol" David singing (and perfecting) the Robbie Williams song back in 2005. This isn't the first time he's pulled out one of his old standards either -- he did the same thing with "Imagine.""

So my opinion is - He is a good singer but his deer in the headlights, Sally Field "you like me you really like me" attitude is just bugging me!!!!  But I think if he is booted off tomorrow night (if they even boot somebody) he will be fine and picked up by someone and have a singing career.  So enough already. 

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2008, 01:28:11 PM »

Ryan Seacrest, judges will donate pay for tonight’s 2.5 hour Idol Gives Back

Tonight, Fox airs American Idol 7’s charity event, Idol Gives Back. It will actually start at 7:30 p.m. ET/6:30 CT, and will feature appearances by celebrities and politicians. Last year, the show asked viewers to give money, and also donated money for every vote up to 50 million; Ryan Seacrest didn’t mention votes yielding donations at all last night.

Because they are such humanitarians, the show’s cast will all give their paychecks to charity. “You know, we all are. We’re all going to give back what we would make on that night, you know, for doing that regular episode,” Ryan Seacrest told Larry King Monday night.

That’s a nice gesture and all, but if you’re multi-millionaire Ryan Seacrest or Simon Cowell, do you really want to publicly pat yourself on the back for giving back the money you earn in 2.5 hours? Actually, maybe you do: Seacrest makes $12.5 million a year to host the show, so doing some rough, unofficial guesswork/math, we find that Seacrest is paid $297,619.05 per episode, assuming he’s paid by the episode (American Idol 7 is scheduled to air 42 episodes). Of course, that’s before taxes.

Even if he’s paid a traditional 52-week, 5-day-a-week salary, that means he makes $48,076.92 a day before taxes. So we can safely assume Seacrest is donating somewhere between $48K and $300K, if he donates his pre-tax earnings.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/