Author Topic: American Idol Season 7  (Read 129768 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: American Idol Season 7
« Reply #475 on: November 11, 2008, 02:13:26 PM »

David A's Blog:

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Album Out Now!

The wait is finally over!  David Archuleta's highly anticipated debut album is now available everywhere!  With the party-starter, "Touch My Hand" and American Idol fan favorite, "Angels," David's debut on the music scene will not disappoint!  Check it out on iTunes and Amazon.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #476 on: November 11, 2008, 03:30:34 PM »
David A's Blog:

Fun at the Pier

Recently, I got to go to the Jason Mraz concert at the Greek Theater! I had tickets for the concert he had in Utah, but I ended up not being able to go because I had more promotion things to do. I'm glad I was eventually able to go, though. It was my first time ever seeing him perform live, and he was amazing! He interacts with the crowd really well, and I like how he involves them. He's always experimenting doing different things with his songs and is just amazing at improv. On some of the songs, he had some gospel singers come and perform with him, and I loooved it. I really liked when he performed "A Beautiful Mess" too, which is an awesome ballad. Jason Castro came along to watch the concert too, and that was fun. He seemed like he had a good time, haha.

Something else I did was I went to the Santa Monica Pier, and that was cold, but fun. I went on the Ferris wheel, and the lady before me in line paid for my ticket, haha. I thought that was really cool of her to do. So the Ferris wheel was nice. I also went to the little aquarium place they have there, and they have a few small tanks and a touch tank. Sea cucumbers feel a little weird, haha. But anyway, that's all I'll say for today.

TTYL,
David

Link: http://www.alloy.com/5/108/8396/1/ref/archive/5/108/

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #477 on: November 11, 2008, 04:06:43 PM »
An interesting article:

David Archuleta's CD Debuts Today!

David Archuleta fans everywhere must be feeling like the holidays are coming early this year, as the extremely popular season seven runner-up is releasing his album TODAY!  In an interview with Reuters' Jill Serjeant, David wants his fans to know that they can expect more than ballads from his debut album, including one song that even has a "reggae-ish feel to it."

As he explained in the article, "I did sing a lot of ballads on 'American Idol' because I felt I could connect with people most that way. But I don't want people to think that's all I can do..."  Fans have already proved that they are more than interested in what David releases, as his first single, "Crush" catapulted to number one on iTunes within 24 hours.  It also debuted at number two on the Billboard Hot 100.

While some might think "Archie," as he's known to his fans, is trying to get a leg up on season seven winner David Cook by releasing his CD a week before, he says that's just not so.  In fact, he says that there should be no comparison, as they are totally different artists.  As he explained to Reuters, "I know everyone wants us still to compare and compete, but we are so different. Cook is a rocker guy, a guitarist and an amazing musician, and I'm a pop kid."

Link: http://www.americanidol.com/news/view/?pid=1464

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #478 on: November 11, 2008, 09:55:00 PM »

Album release day in New York

David says hello from backstage at TRL on his album release day!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #479 on: November 12, 2008, 03:30:15 PM »

David Archuleta on Regis and Kelly today

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #480 on: November 13, 2008, 12:50:07 AM »
An interesting article:

'Idol' gives back $64 million Benefit contributes grants to six charities

"American Idol" has allocated more than $64 million in grants to six U.S. and international charities from contributions to its "Idol Gives Back" fundraising event.
The popular Fox singing competition's star-studded gala, held at the Kodak Theatre in April, featured musical performances by Miley Cyrus, Fergie, Heart and Snoop Dogg. Brad Pitt, Reese Witherspoon, Billy Crystal and Robin Williams were among the celebrities who also appeared on stage.

"Idol Gives Back" said Wednesday that grants have been made to The Global Fund to Fight Aids, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Malaria No More; Children's Health Fund; U.S. programs of Save the Children; Children's Defense Fund; and Make It Right, Pitt's campaign to help New Orleans recover from Hurricane Katrina.

"The fact that 'American Idol' has the ability to inspire millions, create hope and change lives is simply remarkable," said "Idol" creator and executive producer Simon Fuller in a statement. "We are extremely thankful to our viewers, sponsors and outstanding talent who continue to motivate each and every one of us to contribute to those who need it the most."

Last year, the first-ever "Idol Gives Back" fundraiser netted over $75 million. It's unclear if the eighth "Idol" season, which premieres Jan. 13, will feature a third fundraising event.

"I would like to take a break, personally," said FremantleMedia North America CEO Cecile Frot-Coutaz in May. "In the U.K., they do 'Comic Relief' every two years. I think that's the right amount of time. I don't think you should go back to the country and ask them to donate every single year. I think it's too much. Every two years to me feels right."

Link: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117995716.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #481 on: November 13, 2008, 12:52:09 AM »
An interesting article:

David Cook to perform on American Music Awards pre-show; more acts confirmed

For the first time in its 36-year history, the American Music Awards (airing Nov. 23 on ABC) will televise an hour-long preshow that includes a live, two-song performance by American Idol winner David Cook along with extensive red-carpet interviews delivered by a motley crew, among them Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger (who'll serve as music correspondent), Project Runway’s Christian Siriano (handling fashion coverage), Dancing With the Stars judge Carrie Ann Inaba, and The Bachelor host Chris Harrison.

From arrivals to the stage, divas will rule the ceremony, which is being held at Los Angeles' Nokia Theater (where, coincidentally, Cook delivered his winning Idol performance) and not the Shrine Auditorium, as in years past. On the bill are megastars like Mariah Carey, Beyoncé Knowles, Rihanna, Christina Aguilera, and Pink. But one big-name female artist with a new album to promote is noticeably absent from the lineup: Britney Spears will instead give a birthday performance on ABC's Good Morning America Dec. 2, the day her album Circus is released. Meanwhile, Miley Cyrus will celebrate her sweet 16 on stage at the AMAs.

Link: http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/11/david-cook-to-p.html

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #482 on: November 13, 2008, 11:00:33 PM »
David Cook News:

BEYONCÉ, TONY BENNETT, NEIL BOYD, JONAS BROTHERS, HARRY CONNICK JR., DAVID COOK, ROSIE O'DONNELL AND THE BROADWAY KIDS, FAITH HILL, RASCAL FLATTS, AND SOLANGE KNOWLES KICKS OFF THE HOLIDAY SEASON FOR NBC'S 11TH ANNUAL 'CHRISTMAS IN ROCKEFELLER CENTER'

Published: November 13, 2008

NBC Press Release

Al Roker ("Today") to Host Live Holiday Special for the Celebration of the 76th Tree Lighting Ceremony

NEW YORK – November 13, 2008 – NBC kicks off the holiday season on Wednesday, December 3 (8-9 p.m. ET/PT) with a dazzling display of musical talent and the lighting of the world's most famous Christmas tree during the 11th annual "Christmas in Rockefeller Center" telecast. Hosted by Al Roker ("Today"), the star-studded annual tree lighting extravaganza will feature Beyoncé, Tony Bennett, Neil Boyd, Jonas Brothers, Harry Connick Jr., David Cook, Rosie O'Donnell and The Broadway Kids, Faith Hill, Rascal Flatts, and Solange Knowles performing current hits and holiday classics from Rockefeller Center in New York City.

Broadcast again in high definition, viewers can expect holiday greetings from many of their favorite NBC stars along with other surprises as the most famous Christmas tree in the world is lit. NBC's New York flagship station WNBC, and the NBC Hartford station WVIT, will both broadcast an additional live hour of the special locally from 7-8 p.m. prior to the start of the network broadcast.

"Christmas in Rockefeller Center" is produced by Universal Media Studios Bob Holmes is the executive producer.

The tradition of the Rockefeller Christmas tree dates back to the Great Depression. First erected in 1933, the tree was decked with 700 lights and placed in front of the then eight-month-old RCA Building, now the GE Building. The Christmas tree gathering was enhanced in 1936 with the opening of the Rockefeller Plaza outdoor ice-skating pond. NBC-TV televised the first tree lighting in 1951 on "The Kate Smith Show" and as part of the nationwide "Howdy Doody" television show from 1953-55.

ABOUT THE PERFORMERS

David Cook, seventh season winner of "American Idol," rewrote chart history with a record-breaking 14 debuts on Billboard's Hot Digital Songs survey just one week after being named the winner. Cook also had 11 songs jump onto the Hot 100, the highest number of new entries ever, and the second-highest amount of simultaneous hits since the Beatles in 1964. All that, and his single, "The Time of My Life," instantly became the highest debuting title of 2008, entering the Hot 100 at No. 3. Cook's latest self-titled album, produced by Rob www.Cavallo, will be released on November 18, 2008 featuring hit song, "Light On."

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #483 on: November 13, 2008, 11:48:06 PM »
One of these days, I hope to get both Davids first albums!  :yess:

Thanks marigold, for keeping us updated on these two great guys.  :hugs:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #484 on: November 14, 2008, 01:10:05 PM »

:-* That's great Rudy glad you enjoy it

So sorry to hear about Marge I know you were Rudy's #1 fan

Very nice avatar Rudy  :kuss:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 01:17:33 PM by marigold »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #485 on: November 14, 2008, 01:12:00 PM »

David Archuleta on Ellen today

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #486 on: November 14, 2008, 06:44:36 PM »
WTG AI and everyone who donated:

Idol Gives Back Charities

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #487 on: November 14, 2008, 09:29:12 PM »

:-* That's great Rudy glad you enjoy it

So sorry to hear about Marge I know you were Rudy's #1 fan

Very nice avatar Rudy  :kuss:
Thanks marigold.  :hugs:  I'm STILL Rudy's #1 fan! :yess:  :hearts:
I dream of meeting him someday if only a handshake.  What a special, sincere person he is and probly cantankerous as heck!   

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #488 on: November 15, 2008, 01:33:46 AM »

David Cook On Jay Leno Today

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #489 on: November 17, 2008, 02:41:25 PM »
David A's Blog:

I’m a concert - goer!

Hey guys!  The last week has been a pretty crazy one!  I did a bunch of appearances on some shows, and I'll be on the Bonnie Hunt Show Tuesday haha.  I hope everyone's liking the album!  And thanks for sending in your opinions on what songs you like the most!  I love hearing about what you guys think, and really appreciate the great comments you've all been making.

I just wanted to tell you really quick about my weekend.  On Friday night I was supposed to go home, but we missed our flight.  So instead... we went to the Alanis Morissette concert, which was amazing!  I forgot how much I loved Alanis and how big of a fan I am.  There was a point in time where I was addicted to quite a few of her songs, and I still love her.  She is great live, and she gets into it in a really unique way.  If you haven't heard her before you should listen to Uninvited.  It's one of my favorite songs.  Another interesting fact about Uninvited that I learned is that the producer who produced the song, Rob Cavallo, produced David Cook's album.  Cool, huh?  Another good song of hers is Thank You.

On Saturday, we were able to go back home for a day.  I got to spend time with the family again, and what's cool is there just so happened to be an awesome concert that I didn't know about going on that day.  It was Lady Gaga, Natasha Bedingfield, and New Kids on the Block.  I didn't get to see a whole lot of Lady Gaga since I thought the concert started at 8, but that's when Natasha's set started haha.  But I finally got to see Natasha perform live!!  Of course I was loving it lol.  She did amazing, and I was really happy that I got to see her in concert in Utah.  I never thought I'd get the chance to, especially at the beginning when she wasn't really known in the US yet.  I really admire the way she's gone with her music and career, and how sweet of a person she is!  She is just down to earth and stays true to herself -- whether it's in person, in her music, or on stage.  New Kids on the Block were also amazing too!  I couldn't believe how great of a concert they could still put on, and for a comeback tour.  It was full of energy the whole way through!  My family went too, so it was great to be able to all spend time together at a concert.  A couple of my friends were also able to go, and they said it was the best concert they've been to.  I can't believe how many concerts I've been able to go to lately!  I seriously have gone to more in the last little while than in my life.  You learn so much by watching the way people put on a show, and how they perform live.  I've been having such a great time.  I was never really into concerts before, but I guess now that I'm older I appreciate it a lot more.  Just being able to watch experienced people live is one of the greatest things ever.  Especially seeing artists who have inspired me so much.  Jason Mraz, Alanis Morissette, and Natasha Bedingfield have all been major influences for me, and being able to see all of them in concert is just incredible.  So I'm definitely a concert-goer now haha.  Seriously everyone, if you haven't been to a concert yet you should!  Especially if you're a singer, you learn A TON from watching the way someone performs.  And everyone does it their own way too.  Ah, I just love it!   But I've rambled a lot more than I wanted to haha.  I should probably get going.  We're back in LA, and I got to see Brooke and Ramiele!  It's always good to spend time with those guys.  Well I'm gonna run, but before I go I just want to remind everyone that Cook's album is coming out tomorrow!  So don't forget to show your support, and be prepared to listen to some awesome stuff!  haha.  Ciao.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #490 on: November 17, 2008, 02:45:41 PM »

Well I'm gonna run, but before I go I just want to remind everyone that Cook's album is coming out tomorrow!  So don't forget to show your support, and be prepared to listen to some awesome stuff!  haha.  Ciao.

Awww now how nice is that

I have to say Season 7 David vs. David has been my most favorite season, it's going to be hard to beat

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #491 on: November 17, 2008, 05:40:35 PM »

David Cook on Good Morning America singing "Light On"

November 17, 2008 David Cook and band performing "Light On"

on Good Morning American with a short interview before the song

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #492 on: November 18, 2008, 04:40:55 PM »

David Archuleta - Bonnie Hunt - Part 1

David makes a guest appearance on The Bonnie Hunt Show

Part 2

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #493 on: November 19, 2008, 05:07:11 PM »

David Cook interview on Regis & Kelly (11-19-08)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #494 on: November 19, 2008, 05:09:33 PM »

David Cook performs "Light On" on Live w/ Regis & Kelly

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #495 on: November 20, 2008, 06:49:18 PM »
An interview with Cook:

Just a Minute With: "American Idol" David Cook

It's been six months since David Cook was crowned the latest "American Idol" but after a summer "Idols" group national tour, he had only six weeks to put together his debut album.

Cook, 25, who was working as a bartender while trying to break into the music business, talked to Reuters about his self-titled album, which was released this week, and his hopes for the future.

Q: How different is this first album from the David Cook we saw on "American Idol".

A: "In the show, we had a different set of boundaries -- Mariah Carey songs one week, songs from your birth year another. With this record I was able to make my own rules ... Lyrically the songs have a mature angle but there is a youthful energy to the record because we had to do everything quickly. I think the time worked out in our favor. We wanted the record to come out of the gates with all guns blazing, and it does."

Q: You wrote or co-wrote 10 of the 12 songs on the album and some of them are very personal.

A: "Family is very important to me and 'Heroes' is a pretty accurate vibe to that. 'A Daily AntheM' ... all fell into place very organically and I finished the song before I realized it was about my brother Adam. 'Permanent' (also about Adam) is bare bones, piano, strings and vocal. I figured out through the process of making this record that sometimes the most powerful songs don't have all the bells and whistles on them."

Q: "American Idol" viewers heard about Adam's battle with brain cancer on the show. How is he doing?

A: "Adam's good. He is plugging along. We remain cautiously optimistic."

Q: Was the summer "Idols" tour in those huge stadiums good preparation for life as a solo artist, or are you more of a smaller, club venue performer?

A: "I hope I get to do that a million times over! I feel I have an aptitude for both (venues) and I think this record can play to both. Hopefully in the next year I will be playing as many venues as will have me."

Q: Does the perceived rivalry with David Archuleta grate on you?

A: "It does a little and I am sure Archie would share my opinion. We both recognize we are completely different artists and so it is comparing apples and oranges. Even in the 'Idol' finals, we didn't feel like we were competing against each other. Archie is a good person. I consider him a really good friend and wish him all the success he deserves."

Q: How did you feel about your "American Idol" make-over, and is it true you are dating former "Idol" contestant Kimberly Caldwell?

A: "Yes. She has been a steady, well-needed break. She is great. Very supportive. The make-over didn't hurt! It was weird the way it panned out. I had been talking for some time about chopping off my hair and one week we decided to do it and that same week I literally lost my razor and so I just didn't shave. I remember the reaction (from fans) after that performance. It was just dumb luck."

Q: What's next for you? Are there any plans to tour internationally?

A: "In early January we are going to Iraq to play for the troops. I am very excited about it. It is a huge honor even to be asked. Then hopefully we'll start the U.S. tour in early February and keep going until the wheels fall off. I realize that this whole thing is a kind of a one shot. So if someone wants to hear me play in the farthest reaches of this planet, I will do it."

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081120/lf_nm_life/us_cook_1

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #496 on: November 21, 2008, 02:58:41 PM »
David A's myspace blog:

Friday, November 21, 2008

Concerts, AMAs, Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and more!

Hey everyone!  I just wanted to thank all you guys for helping the album debut at number 2!  That is so incredible and I just appreciate all the support you guys have shown for that!  It's really neat to know that you're all still doing the things you do :).  But really thanks so much!  Having an album out there can actually be kinda scary when you put something out there and expose all your work to the open haha.   But I'm really glad to have this experience and learn so much from it.

I also just wanted to let you guys know really quick that I had enough time this week to work on my scouting!  I tried to do as much as I could earlier this week while I had some time off since I was home for a few days.  And then.. I had my eagle project yesterday!  I got a bunch of friends together to help me plant some small trees and shrubs at a park, and we planted 180 plants.  I'm so excited about this guys!  I didn't think I'd ever have the time this year to work on my scouting, but we pushed for it.  Completing this is a really big thing for me, especially since I was wondering if I'd even be able to get it haha.  But I'll let you know when I get everything wrapped up with that.

Some other things coming up, I'll be presenting at the American Music Awards this weekend, and then there will be the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on Thanksgiving.  I'm way excited about both of those things!  I think there's going to be a photo shoot coming up too.  Oh!  And one more thing.  A Little Too Not Over You has been selected to be the next single now!  That's CRAZY!  I can't believe a song I helped.... create lol.... is going to be released!  There are just a lot of things I've been really excited about lately.

One last thing.  I had a chance to go to another concert this week.  And that was the Carrie Underwood concert!  It was great!  And it's so cool to see someone like her be so successful.  I can't believe the way she's able to sing every night, she has some mad skills.  What a great role model for people too.  She's someone that everyone can look up to, and is proof you can be a humble small town girl and do well in this business.  Little Big Town opened up for her, and they are also great.  They have such amazing harmonies, and were uber nice too.  But I'm talking more than I wanted.  So I better get going here.  Talk to you guys later!

P.S. David Cook's album rocks and is in stores!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #497 on: November 23, 2008, 12:01:02 AM »

David Cook ET (Entertainment Tonight) Interview

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #498 on: November 24, 2008, 10:29:54 AM »

David Cook at the AMA's Light On

Declaration

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #499 on: November 24, 2008, 07:23:32 PM »
More on David Cook:

ABC Television Network

PRESS RELEASE

WALT DISNEY WORLD CHRISTMAS DAY PARADE (12/25)

"WALT DISNEY WORLD CHRISTMAS DAY PARADE" CELEBRATES ITS 25th YEAR WITH CO-HOSTS REGIS PHILBIN, KELLY RIPA AND RYAN SEACREST

Highlights Include Performances by Miley Cyrus ("Hannah Montana"), Billy Ray Cyrus, Jonas Brothers ("Camp Rock"), "High School Musical's" Corbin Bleu, "American Idol" winner David Cook, the cast of Broadway's "Mary Poppins," Sarah Brightman, stars of Playhouse Disney's "Imagination Movers" and Jose Feliciano

For 25 years, children of all ages have unwrapped the magic of Disney on Christmas day on ABC. This year the Emmy Award-winning "Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade" celebrates its silver anniversary with a two-hour television extravaganza. The special, hosted by Regis Philbin, Kelly Ripa (co-hosts of "Live with Regis & Kelly") and Ryan Seacrest ("Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2009 with Ryan Seacrest"), will air Thursday, December 25 (10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., ET and 9:00-11:00 a.m., CT, MT, PT; check local listings) on the ABC Television Network. Hollywood's biggest names and Disney's most beloved characters will bring the holiday magic home in song and style as they light up the holiday from Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Disneyland Resort in California.

Superstar sensation Miley Cyrus ("Hannah Montana") will kick off the show at Walt Disney World with a blockbuster performance of "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town." Miley's dad, Billy Ray Cyrus ("Hannah Montana"), will also rock and roll with his Christmas single, "Run Rudolph Run." The hottest teen band in the country, the Jonas Brothers ("Camp Rock"), will perform their Christmas tune, "Joyful Kings," and Corbin Bleu, star of Disney's blockbuster "High School Musical" films, heads to the front of the class for an A+ act, singing a Disney Parks original song, "Celebrate You." "American Idol" winner David Cook will put his rocker spin on a holiday classic, and musical legend Jose Feliciano performs his holiday hit, "Feliz Navidad." The song, beloved around the world, has been honored as one of the "25 Greatest Holiday Songs of the Century." Broadway comes to Main Street, U.S.A. in the Magic Kingdom as cast members from Broadway's "Mary Poppins" are joined by hundreds of dancers performing choreography from the smash hit, "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious." The stars of Playhouse Disney's "Imagination Movers" series sing an original holiday song, "Give a Gift," and world-class soprano Sarah Brightman will perform an inspirational holiday song from her new Christmas album, "A Winter Symphony."