Author Topic: The Blondes and the U-Turn  (Read 3737 times)

Offline TexasFroggy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Newbie
The Blondes and the U-Turn
« on: November 26, 2007, 08:40:05 AM »
1. Do you think it was wise for the blondes to use the U-turn?
2. Do you think it will hurt them in the future?

My opinions:
1. Hearing their interview that they thought TK/Rachel were Jason/Lorena and they thought they were in second-to-last place I can't say that i blame them. Everyone always wants to save it, but then you may not get there in time the next time it comes around.
2. Even though Jason/Lorena are out, I think the other teams will trust them less.
~TexasFroggy

The Clinton administration launched an attack on people in Texas because those people were religious nuts with guns. Hell, religious nuts with guns founded this country! Who does Bill Clinton think stepped ashore on Plymouth Rock? -P.J. O'Rourke.

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Blondes and the U-Turn
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 09:10:54 AM »
Hello and welcome!  :jumpy:

1)Not really, especially if they had a headstart of 1.5 hours on them. However, in hindsight, as they would never know how far behind they really was, the U-turn basically consigned Lorena/Jason to elimination.

2) Most probably. You have already seen TK being shown somewhat suspicious of them. I'll be expecting them to get some of the same level of treatment as Dustin/Kandice got in All-Stars and TAR10. But it really depends on the editing.

Hmm...In this case it does not help to be blondes!  :lol:

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 07:31:44 PM »
1.  I don't know if they knew how much later Lorena and Jason started the leg then they did.  But anyway, I don't see what was wrong with them using the U-turn.  It at least added to Shana's comfort level.  I wish Jennifer had been more supportive.

2.  The race is a competition.  Distrust didn't hurt Boston Rob & Amber in Race 7 and I don't think it hurt Dustin and Kandice race wise either.  If Shana and Jennifer can finish as high as Rob & Amber did in Race 7 or Dustin & Kandace did in either Race 10 or 11, then I think they will be very satisfied with the result.

I only wish these two had more pizazz  :jam:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 07:40:11 PM »
If anything it might have saved Rachel & TK *whew* ! Thank Goth!!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 08:00:23 PM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 05:48:45 AM »
1. I think Shana used the U-turn right, this is a typical situation where you had to use it. Though Lorena/Jason were so far behind, they might not know how far they had to go next and what the next task was, so it could give them more time buffer. And Lorena/Jason did got eliminated, so there was no drawback on them. The only uncertainty was that if this was a NEL, then it would definitely hurt them in future legs.

2. If they were the 7th team at that point, it would never hurt them because no one would know they have used the U-turn, but now TK/Rachel knew that, that means other teams would know it at the pit stop, so this would make Shana/Jennifer less trustworthy to the other teams.