Author Topic: EP6: "Cherry on Top of the Sundae that's Already Melted"  (Read 88303 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: EP6: "Cherry on Top of the Sundae that's Already Melted"
« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2007, 07:33:16 PM »
how do we know that Jen/Nate are ahead of Don/Nick?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2007, 07:48:36 PM »
Just notice that boat # whatever is tied up to boat 3--the only reason for that to be is if they were next to each other.

Boat #1 is gone when Gramps leaves--Nate/Jen are in boat #1 so they are ahead.  We all agree on that part right?

I do see what you are saying about the color--I just think that the color is the least accurate part of these preview shots.

I don't think you can tell the color in the new shots--it is too grayed out. And why would they suddenly add in a 7th boat? Even if one had difficulties there are 4 others there.

And  there is NO way to tell that Ron/Chris are ahead of Gramps in the boats--they may be behind.  Unless I am totally missing something else?? Which is ALWAYS possible! :lol:

Just my take on it all.  And for those of you who are wondering why we are talking about this--it is important because it tells us who is ahead at that moment.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2007, 07:51:37 PM »
ok i'm confused

from the pictures ron/christina  had arrived at the roadblock clue first.

did they get really lost?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2007, 07:52:50 PM »
peach, go look at the times on page one of this thread, theres no way that Chris/Ron can be behind Don/Nic unless it took Ron hours to do the Roadblock.
And remember the blogger said that Don/Nic got tangled on the other boats.

Ron & Christina getting the Roadblock clue, according to the blogger they were first to arrive.
This shot was taken between 12:29 and 12:37 pm (assumes July 19th)

Don & Nic doing the boat/detour

Chateau d if: This shot was taken between 5:04 and 5:48 pm (assumes July 19th)

« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 07:59:37 PM by puddin »

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2007, 07:59:05 PM »
back to flights...

see below..

i'm thinking these are good times and thinking that lithuania is another non-standard pit stop to accommodate

also looking at flight options from dub to florence i'm not sure it is a tbc, as it would only fit the super early teams.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 08:52:55 PM by patlini »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2007, 08:11:26 PM »
I know that Ron/Chris are way ahead by the times we have--I'm just saying that with the BOAT pictures we have that you can't judge the time. I think we are saying the same things in different ways.

Hopefully Chateau will give us some times for Nate and Jenny in the boats soon!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: December 04, 2007, 08:56:44 PM »
ok that is the funniest preview ever.

The Borat voice over,  :cmas50

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #132 on: December 04, 2007, 08:59:05 PM »
The Lithuanain Tourist Board just had a heart attack. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #133 on: December 04, 2007, 09:01:06 PM »
I know that Ron/Chris are way ahead by the times we have--I'm just saying that with the BOAT pictures we have that you can't judge the time. I think we are saying the same things in different ways.

Hopefully Chateau will give us some times for Nate and Jenny in the boats soon!

:cmas5  :cmas30: :hammer :crazy

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #134 on: December 04, 2007, 09:03:29 PM »
OK its your turn to have blond moments today peachs, i had my share yesterday :yess:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #135 on: December 04, 2007, 09:11:13 PM »
OK its your turn to have blond moments today peachs, i had my share yesterday :yess:

Crap. That would of course be the CROATIAN Tourist  Board. 

Heee....I clearly drowned an hour ago in the rowboat! :hides
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: December 04, 2007, 09:21:02 PM »
Now it's my turn to be confused  ???. If the Lit leg took place on the 17th, and the 18th was an extended pitstop (boat rides etc.), then wouldn't VNO-DBV have to be early on the 19th?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2007, 09:28:34 PM »
I think she is compensating the flights for 2008 by 2 days since 2008 is a leap year, Slowhatch.

So theoretically 17 July 2008 might correspond to July 19 2008. At least I think that is what they explained once before somewhere.

But yes--unless Dubrovnik turns into a TBC, then flights should be on July 19 early.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2007, 09:37:30 PM »
I think Nick and Don's boat might be boat 4 rather than boat 2. If you look at the colour of the seat Don is on, it matches, and maybe the dark floor bit is just obscured? That would still explain how they could end up being attached to boat 3, and from the photo, it's quite possible for them to have just rowed around the back of boat 3.

Just notice that boat # whatever is tied up to boat 3--the only reason for that to be is if they were next to each other.

Boat #1 is gone when Gramps leaves--Nate/Jen are in boat #1 so they are ahead.  We all agree on that part right?

I do see what you are saying about the color--I just think that the color is the least accurate part of these preview shots.

I don't think you can tell the color in the new shots--it is too grayed out. And why would they suddenly add in a 7th boat? Even if one had difficulties there are 4 others there.

And  there is NO way to tell that Ron/Chris are ahead of Gramps in the boats--they may be behind.  Unless I am totally missing something else?? Which is ALWAYS possible! :lol:

Just my take on it all.  And for those of you who are wondering why we are talking about this--it is important because it tells us who is ahead at that moment.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #139 on: December 04, 2007, 09:48:03 PM »
I think Nick and Don's boat might be boat 4 rather than boat 2. If you look at the colour of the seat Don is on, it matches, and maybe the dark floor bit is just obscured? That would still explain how they could end up being attached to boat 3, and from the photo, it's quite possible for them to have just rowed around the back of boat 3.

The only problem with that is that we see boat #4 in the shot with Don/Nic -- :cmas5

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: December 04, 2007, 09:48:40 PM »
After reading the last two pages, I'm officially confused.  :cmas4 :cmas4 :cmas18 :cmas18 :umn: :umn: :umn:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2007, 10:06:46 PM »
This picture was taken from the old town looking up to Srd Hill. It is hard to see, but you can faintly make out the switchbacks up the hill. Also, at the top of the hill, you make be able to make out an old fort and gondola base that stood at the top. All that remains now, after the war, are the hollowed out shell of the bombed remains.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2007, 11:03:03 PM »
It's got promise. Take a look at this album (the photos facing east, not towards Dub) and compare them to the musketeer caps: there are similarities.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2007, 11:21:19 PM »
I'm trying to figure out the taxi part Slowhatch, I take it you can only climb Srd Hill?

RB--Detour--Fort Revelin cluebox, find Phil, climb Srd Hill, meet Phil and his musketeers, keep racing? , find a taxi, head back to the airport?

The driver won't take them wherever because they are wet so we know thats after the detour but could they still be wet if they are sent back down? And where are everyones backpacks btw?

Is this the airport or something else?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2007, 11:32:33 PM »
Could that be the pitstop?
It doesn't look very pitstoppish

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #145 on: December 04, 2007, 11:37:02 PM »
Could that be the pitstop?
It doesn't look very pitstoppish
We'll some of us were wondering why no one spotted Phil so Phil hiding out at the top of the Srd Hill would seem like the perfect spot? Makes you wonder why no one heard the musketeers muskets going off  :touche: ?

eta~
From Slowhatch's link above --a Cross
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 11:41:30 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #146 on: December 04, 2007, 11:38:34 PM »
You can take a taxi to the top!

Mountain Srdj
Croatia
Dubrovnik (Croatia)

This morning, there were two king-size cruise ships anchored in the front of the harbor. Garth was talking about nothing but hiking to Mount Srdj all Thursday long, so I agreed to do it. Dubrovnik is hemmed in on one side by the mountain and on the other by the sea. We could not find the ascent to the path and kept asking locals for directions. They only would say that it is a long hike up there and we should go by car. They were right.

In total, it was a 2-hour climb up a steep mountain. It was kind of crowded on the trail – about 7 people passed us – all were Western tourists. There were more of them on the top of the Mount Srdj. They took taxis to the top and missed the unforgettable view of the town of Dubrovnik and its harbors. The attraction of this mountain is also the remains of a bombed chair lift that was used until the 1991 siege and the ruins of a fort Napoleon had atop the mountain when they annexed the republic in the early 1800s. It was kind of a creepy site that gave me goose bumps. However, the view and the Mediterranean vegetation (wild rosemary bushes, old pine trees, huge cedars, and dry flowers) and the fauna (cows and donkeys) were more than spectacular. This arid place was a mixture of dry breeze, amazing views and evidence of war. We decided to take a different way down by way of the nearby village Bosanka. It still showed many remnants of the recent Balkan Wars of the early 1990s (ruins of salient, bunkers, and homes were lined up along the main path). We peeled off to find our track back down to Dubrovnik and then quickly hurried back to the path, fearing leftover and forgotten land mines. We found the right path and descended the mountain.
We enjoyed the light feeling of the gorgeous view and flora on the mountainside, picking marvelous bouquet of dry flowers, pomegranate, figs, kiwi, and rosemary. The bouquet made it safely home and is sitting in a vase on top of our fridge. The hillside was like a dream between the Earth and the sky. The rocky path made out of while limestone and marble quarried from the mountain zigzagged like a stairway to the town, which stretched along the hillside to the bay.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a VIDEO of the drive to the top--fast forward to the end--take a Dramamine first!

But looks really good to me puddin!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 04, 2007, 11:39:11 PM »
Oh I'm so dumb I thought the shots of them running out of the airport without bags was the pitstop

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #148 on: December 04, 2007, 11:44:28 PM »
This shot was taken between 1:21 and 1:25 pm (assumes July 19th).

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #149 on: December 04, 2007, 11:45:35 PM »
Slowhatch !!  :jumpy: :yess: