Author Topic: EP6: "Cherry on Top of the Sundae that's Already Melted"  (Read 88142 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
EP6: "Cherry on Top of the Sundae that's Already Melted"
« on: November 24, 2007, 10:06:37 PM »
12/09 The Amazing Race 12 - Cherry on Top of the Sundae that's Already Melted

*below needs updating, will do so later*

:bar:
Duprovnik, Croatia on July 19th
Big shout out to Eilan for all the Amazing info and photo's throughout this thread  :jam:

first brought to us by peach. Picture /Evidence in this thread
peach:
*I had previously received (from an extremely reliable source) that Croatia was a very probable TAR 12 location.   
*But based on my information and this information, I believe that there is a very good chance that this IS TAR 12 and not TARA. The dates of this sighting also coincide with the dates I was told.
peach adds :
Okay, I have a bit more info on the teams.
*There were probably 6 to 7 teams seen.
*They came in a group of 3 or so, then one, then the rest.
*There were at least one F/F team. And at least one M/F team who were close in age so could have been boyfriend/girlfriend or brother/sister, etc. That team was in the middle of the pack.

"Vance" from Toronto-- LINK
*My friend may have just witnessed part of the race for the next season of The Amazing Race 12.
*My friend was in Duprovnik, Croatia on July 19th and saw groups of two's running followed by a camera.
* then we saw a camera man appear and then the two pple ran back the way they came and cameraman followed..
*it they also saw pple zip cording
*The one couple racing, that my friend remembers, was a dirty blond guy and a girl with dark hair and both were wearing green headbands.

Eilan @Twop's :
*We were on holiday this summer and happened to see a leg being filmed. We spent the better part of the afternoon chatting with various crew members, and met and had a brief chat with one of the teams.
*I promised the crew/producers I wouldn't say anything, but I think I can confirm the spoiler from RFF that auntieB linked to above without quite breaking that promise. And the team we met were definitely Americans.

Slowhatch July 18th
Just one photo in the album; a different part of Dubrovnik, but also a different date.
*The Amazing Race was filming while we were there in Dubrovnik!! We saw some camera men, but no teams.
*We were really excited anyway. We also talked to some people from England who didn't know what the show was, but told us they had seen two couples in row boats being videotaped.
*They weren't sure, but thought one couple (team) seemed to be doing well and the other (who they thought was male-female) was having a lot of difficulty.

Thanks to peach & Eilan, more picture/team evidence here.

Slowhatch hits the motherload! Team pictures as well as zipline rigging--Here & Here!

Fort Canon
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 03:12:47 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP6: "Cherry on Top of the Sundae that's Already Melted"
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 10:06:47 PM »
Clues~
*ONE TEAM CONTINUES TO STRUGGLE TO WORK TOGETHER DURING A FRUSTRATING DETOUR IN CROATIA,
* One Team falls apart during a Detour in Croatia that requires precise teamwork
*Two Teams test their rocky relationships on the choppy waters of Croatia with very different results.
*WHILE ANOTHER TEAM MAKES A MISTAKE THAT JEOPARDIZES THEIR FUTURE ON THE RACE, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 12
*while one of the Race's strongest Teams makes a costly mistake that threatens their future
*An oversight threatens major repercussions for an otherwise strong Team.
*It's "the cherry on top of the ice cream sundae that's already melted" according to one Team, when Phil gives them some news at the Pit Stop

Ron & Christina getting the Roadblock clue, according to the blogger they were first to arrive.
This shot was taken between 12:29 and 12:37 pm (assumes July 19th)

Roadblock Ron

Detour, they boat it

Chateau d if: This shot was taken between 1:44 and 2:19 pm (assumes July 19th).

The Goths! Kynt doing the Roadblock/Fake Wall
Chateau d if: This shot was taken here between 12:38 and 12:51 pm  (assumes July 19th)

Detour, The Goths rappel, climb

Chateau d if: This shot was taken between 1:39 and 1:44 pm (assumes July 19th).

JeNathan/Detour

Chateau d if: This shot was taken between 1:21 and 1:25 pm (assumes July 19th).

Taxi to the top of Srdj mountain

Chateau d if: This shot was taken between 2:04 and 2:19 pm (assumes July 19th).

Rachel & TK formally known as Team GHB
Rachel/TK's taxi takes them to the wrong part of Dubrovnik, to the North side rather than the South.
  Chateau d if: This shot was taken here between 4:20  and 4:31 pm (assumes July 19th)

Chateau d if: This shot was taken here between 4:25  and 4:36 pm (assumes July 19th)
It's the Dubrovnik Ploce.  The tourista shot is a Panoramio from GE
These shots are before the zip line.  They are a little lost because here they are back tracking to the clue box by the big tree

Rachel does the Roadblock/Fake wall, TK watchs (I think its Rachel & TK)

Chateau d if: This shot was taken between 4:41 and 5:03 pm (assumes July 19th).

Rachel/TK climbing Fort Lovrijenac steps
Chateau d if: This shot was taken between 5:04  and 5:21 pm (assumes July 19th)

Rachel/TK zipping from Fort Lovrijenac to Fort Bokar

Rachel/TK rappel down the side of Fort Bokar, wade through some water then rope climb up the Palace Gate

Nic & Don
Don does the Roadblock

Detour boats.
Don & Nic doing the boat/detour

Chateau d if: This shot was taken between 5:04 and 5:48 pm (assumes July 19th)

Siblings

Chateau d if: This shot was taken here from here between 5:58 and 6:10 pm (assumes July 19th)

Not sure but maybe Azaria doing the Roadblock?

Chateau d if: This shot was taken between 6:07 and 6:23 pm (assumes July 19th)

To the Pitstop cluebox found by Slowhatch --Fort Revelin

Pitstop, Mount Srdj

« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 01:57:10 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 10:55:24 PM »
by the bell.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 11:01:45 PM »

Below shows how Chateau d if put the times together  :jam:, again thanks to Eilan, peach, Slowhatch, Chateau and everyone else that helped pull this together!!

Chateau d if:I finally got locations for them:  Very close to the other shots of cluebox and Roadblock.
Note that I added in the placement of the zipline.  The team that was shown on it and then shown in row boats had to have wasted a lot of time getting into the boats.

Chateau d if: It's possible that the zipline could have gone like this. 
This new orientation would explain why the zipline does not show up in the shot of the Goth team doing the Raodblock.

Chateau d if:Yes, I think that looks like the best place.
One thing that kept me from liking it is that I thought the lines should appear in this shot of the Goth team dong the wall building Roadblock.
But I suppose the lines may have been too high for the frame, or just out of focus.

Chateau d if: The current best guess of where the zipline goes argues for the PM time due to the sunshine on their backs as they zip down from the old fort.

Chateau d if: Here is where I think the raft was.  South of the City Wall Tower.  This location gives the right sun angles to match the above shot for end-of-day sun.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 11:24:37 AM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 11:36:47 PM »
The title reveals nothing about the destination  :dick
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 12:52:49 AM »
So would this be the leg in Dubrovnik (Chicken - BF; Bridges - Florence)? If so, then I don't think there's much more we can unearth  :lol: Possibly the eliminated team, but even that's not a large undertaking: based on the reports, I think it's either A/H (boo) or the blondes (yay!)

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 10:41:19 AM »
Seems like a warm climate.  Icecream is big stuff in Italy in the summer.  Could be Croatia if previous program about Bridges refers to Florence.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2007, 02:51:56 PM »
Seems like a warm climate.  Icecream is big stuff in Italy in the summer.  Could be Croatia if previous program about Bridges refers to Florence.

I think the title's metaphoric in nature. I'm guessing a team has multiple bad things happen to them this leg.

Who says it is anyone's guess It sounds like Ronald or Donald, but could also be Azaria or Hendekea if the sightings are true and they're lagging behind.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2007, 03:03:05 PM »

The Croatia Leg is our best spoiled leg so far this season with loads of fabulous pictures of the locations and the tasks. It is especially dear to my heart because it provided our very first look at the new teams. So how did it all come to be? Sit back and enjoy...

Long ago and far away (way back in July) I received a tip that a TAR *ahem* "technical person" had just come back from Croatia after his team was eliminated. Without anything else to go on that tip was tucked away until Vance posted that a "friend" had just seen racers in Dubrovnik on July 19 (Later confirmed as TK/Rachel also).

We had a brief flurry of panic that perhaps this was really TAR Asia 2, but thanks to Eilan at TWoP we were able to confirm that this was indeed TAR 12.

And then the picture extravaganza began.
We ended up with five different sets of photos (and these photos represent hours and days searching every possible site by primarily puddin and Slowhatch).

The first discovery was puddin's incredible find of what we came to call "Trent's Blog". This included not only fabulous pictures giving us our very FIRST look at the season's contestants, but enough narrative that we were able to piece together an outline of what was occurring on the race. We were also able to begin the ID process of identifying the contestants from these photos.

This batch of photos included these:

Next came all of the wonderfully detailed recollections of Eilan and the day she spent in Dubrovnik watching the race. (See spoilers below)

She eventually was able to share her photos with us as well:

and even eventually added in two videos:

Rachel rappelling:

Online Videos by Veoh.com

Zipline duo:

Online Videos by Veoh.com

Next we had one single cluebox photo with a caption, photo found by Slowhatch:

The next find was Slowhatch's incredibly awesome pictures from "the honeymooners" who had some very detailed shots, as well as another set with photos of TK/Rachel in Old Town.

You can find more details in puddin's page one spoiler summary, and puddin has pulled all of our photos as a master list for your viewing pleasure as well!

« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 01:25:47 PM by puddin »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2007, 03:17:09 PM »

I think the title's metaphoric in nature. I'm guessing a team has multiple bad things happen to them this leg.

Who says it is anyone's guess It sounds like Ronald or Donald, but could also be Azaria or Hendekea if the sightings are true and they're lagging behind.
I'm with zack on this, it has nothing to do with icecream its just a phrase as in not a good thing, that things are going from bad to worse to top it off.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2007, 09:33:25 PM »
I was just thinking that it would be what a racer might say when they got the Travelocity prize but were at the back of the pack.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2007, 09:59:06 PM »

I'm with zack on this, it has nothing to do with icecream its just a phrase as in not a good thing, that things are going from bad to worse to top it off.

I agree, I think it is just a comment, like just when you think things can't get any worse... you have a bus coming right at you.  :lol3:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline bingo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 10:17:15 AM »
The first thing that came to mind was something good happening after being eliminated.  At first i thought engagement and then i was like no!  but then i thought maybe its one of those things like "bring the the gnome to the pit stop" and maybe the eliminated team actually gets the prize.   I dont know thats just what came to mind when i read the title.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2007, 10:57:25 AM »
Sounds interesting; until more screen caps come along.  But it would make sense to lose the leg but win the special prize attached to something being brought to the pit stop.

Offline sharkshooter

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2007, 11:08:42 AM »
I don't think there has been an eating challenge  :barf yet, but this doesn't really sound like one.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 11:11:08 AM »
I don't think there has been an eating challenge  :barf yet, but this doesn't really sound like one.
IF its Dubrovnik Croatia we can rule out any eating challenge. Sure wish we knew for sure, we have lots of stuff to put in the Croatia leg :jam:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2007, 01:36:46 PM »
I do know for a fact that Croatian chocolate is very good, but that has nothing to do with the subject. Carry on.  :-[
Just here to visit.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 01:50:51 PM »
I say TK/Rachel say the title. Back before we knew the teams, peach posted this...

How was Team GHB doing at that point?

**they had been in first place the day before, then missed their flight connection by 5 minutes.
     **Their cab driver took them to Cluebox # 2 location first by mistake, making them even later.
     **They were now somewhere in the middle, but closer to the last group of teams than the first, and probably did not  know the other group was that close behind 
         them.

Just when things can't get any worse (missing a conecting flight by 5 mins), they do (cab driver makes a mistake). Sounds like the title to me.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 10:52:33 PM »
Something I just thought of:

If this is Croatia, then perhaps the blondes took a FF that leg? It would explain how they weren't seen in any of the pictures.

Flight configuration could be (based on the times estimated in the spoiler thread):
1st - Kynt/Vyxsin, Shana/Jennifer, Ron/Christina
2nd - TK/Rachel
3rd - Nicholas/Donald, Azaria/Hendekea

Though I have a feeling that the FF for this leg might be in Lithuania before flights out to Croatia; perhaps TK/Rachel attempt the FF, lose out to Shana/Jen, and barely miss the first flight out. I could also include Az/Hend - their edit is setting them up for a fall, and with the estimated times in the other thread for them, they would have to hit a major setback in the previous leg and/or make a failed attempt for the FF.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2007, 12:02:59 PM »
very well done so if Leg 4 was Burkina Faso they leave BF in Leg 5 Heading to Florence, Italy and then Croatia or Lithuania it is very possible for the title to be said by T.K, they probably will end up 5th or 6th!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2007, 12:18:37 PM »
Time to catch up Kiwi! They will be going BF to Lithuania FIRST!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2007, 12:24:42 PM »
I know that thanks Ougadougou, Burkina Faso to Vilinus Lithuania so maybe Croatia will be Leg  and 7 will be Florence
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2007, 09:09:11 PM »
With the speculation of who arrives in Croatia, does that mean that Nathan and Jenny, now in second place leaving BF, are eliminated in Vilnius? :cmas5

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2007, 09:55:10 PM »
With the speculation of who arrives in Croatia, does that mean that Nathan and Jenny, now in second place leaving BF, are eliminated in Vilnius? :cmas5
Thats what the majority of us are thinking Gman  :cmas20

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2007, 10:03:46 PM »
I hope this is true - that is one meltdown I am going to enjoy watching

and Nat was just starting to grow on me