Author Topic: Jeff Probst Interview.."I blew another one,"  (Read 3654 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Jeff Probst Interview.."I blew another one,"
« on: March 04, 2004, 11:42:24 AM »
http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/19676.htm

HE WAS ROBBED

By MICHAEL STARR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 4, 2004 -- WHOOPS!
Jeff Probst, the host of "Survivor: All-Stars," says he realizes now that he goofed on last week's all-important immunity challenge - and chose the wrong "winner."

"I blew another one," Probst told The Post yesterday. "Part of the rules and the contract [the contestants] sign is that during the challenges I'm the sole arbiter and final call.

"They're often judgment calls," Probst said. "This is one I just blew."

On last week's immunity challenge, members of the Mogo Mogo and Chapera tribes had to run across a long balance beam to retrieve their tribe-colored flags, tangling with each other to get to the flags.

Since this is "Survivor," where everything is more difficult, the balance beam was perched over a pool of water. The first person from either team to fall off and hit the water was the loser.

In the end, it boiled down to the Chapera tribe's Rob Mariano facing off against Mogo Mogo tribe's Colby Donaldson.

Rob and Colby grappled for their flags and tumbled into the water together in a big blur. With the naked eye, it appeared that Colby hit the water first.

Probst, perched on a judging seat several feet away, ruled in Rob's favor.

But a frame-by-frame analysis reveals that Rob's foot actually hit the water a split second before Colby's arm.

"I remember Rob looking up at me on that one [in disbelief]," Probst said. "I hate water challenges like that because when you're watching it, and a guy's body hits the water and makes a huge splash with the other guy right behind him, you can't see it without six angles," Probst said.

"I might be influenced if they didn't moan about every single call and look at me like I blew it every time.

"The next time I play poker with [Colby] Donaldson he needs to be reminded to ease up a bit," Probst joked.

But maybe, despite the gaffe, Probst actually did some fans of "Survivor" a huge favor.

With Chapera winning the immunity challenge, that meant that big, naked Richard Hatch from the Mogo Mogo tribe was voted off the island - and none-too-soon for some viewers tired of seeing him parade around in the buff.

This "All-Stars" edition, which took place in Panama, features stars from past "Survivor" shows and has averaged a robust 22.7 million viewers for CBS.

The show's live finale, followed by a live reunion show, will air Sunday, May 9 from Madison Square Garden (8-10 p.m./Ch. 2).

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • One day..... I Will Outlast, Outwit & Outplay
Re:Jeff Probst Interview.."I blew another one,"
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 01:32:42 PM »
So Richard should not have left. Yeah, Jeff probably took a bet with someone to get Rich off... lol... just kidding. :D
Wendy Jean

SURVIVOR 11- HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

CindiLou

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2004, 05:24:27 PM »
Shouldn't Jeff have access to instant replay? I mean these people are playing for a million dollars. Although I trust Jeff to call it as he sees it, he does make mistakes now and then.

Poor Rich. You shouldn't have had to go?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 05:48:23 PM »
Wouldn't you just Die if Richard came back?? Only to get booted again..lol . What a show that would be  ;D! Could you picture the look on Colby's face  ;D?

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2004, 05:49:18 PM »
It really didn't change the whole IC that much. Richards tribe was way behind, so they probably would have lost it anyway.

It still sucks that Rich had to go.

Rob

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2004, 05:59:07 PM »
Yeah..they probably would have lost anyway..and Jeff doesn't have the advantage of instant replay.. :( so I guess what's done is done?

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2004, 03:31:36 AM »
I'm elated that Rich is gone!!  ;D Was sick n' tired of watching the blurb prancing around so blatantly.
I have never liked him.  Good riddance.  Hope they don't bring back the outcasts like in s7.
Heaven forbid! :o

Rudy

Offline kcat444

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2004, 08:03:06 AM »
I think overall Jeff P does a pretty good job; so I won't complain about a missed call now and then.  Especially one that sent Rich home.

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • One day..... I Will Outlast, Outwit & Outplay
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2004, 08:59:38 AM »
I could only hope Rich comes back..... But I know that is not going to happen. (well, anything can happen)... But I think he is officially done with this game. I know something is going to happen.....
Wendy Jean

SURVIVOR 11- HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

Offline BeyondRealLife

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Prepare to be exiled!
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2004, 10:39:22 AM »
I'm just waiting to see what this big twist for this week is, I don't think they will do a S7 bring back the booted. Lets hope not.
BRL

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2004, 08:06:24 PM »
Well even is Jeff thought he blew it, everything has sorted itself out with Sue quitting making both teams even.  For me, I thought Colby fell in first, as he was picked up by Boston Rob like a sack of potatoes.

Offline nelehrox

• RFF Sr. Member
  • -Neleh Rocks-
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2004, 02:14:17 PM »
I think Jeff should be allowed to make a mistake now and then, i dont think it would have made mogo mogo win anyways. but a mistake like the one in africa with the whole "who doesnt have any piercings" thing was a bad mistake because it could have changed the winner of teh game